Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I use Saiki already and intend to use Flame Iori.
    Poor tournament organisers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My team is tourney friendly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Got my copy of KOF in the mail today

Cost 42 quid on CD WOW and it was the deluxe edition, came with complete music track also, awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1701.0

Some useful information on command shortcuts, HD activation and damage scaling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Got my copy today. For some reason the screen flashes black sporadically. Has anyone else encountered this? It's frustrating me while I'm trying to do missions and I miss visual cues to execute the next input because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Neeknak wrote: »
    Got my copy today. For some reason the screen flashes black sporadically. Has anyone else encountered this? It's frustrating me while I'm trying to do missions and I miss visual cues to execute the next input because of it.
    I'm afraid that sounds more like your console's graphics chip dying...

(or possibly just a loose cable)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Does your console go directly into your TV or does it go through any other boxes on the way?
    A friend of mine has similar problems when using his PS3 on component via a component switcher when ever a bright white flash happened in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Just in case any one is interested, GAME have this for €25 in Cork at the moment. Probably be the same elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Turns out it's nothing to do with the game. Switched over to marvel to work on levelling frank up with ghostrider and wolverine and it started flashing black there too. Balls.

My xbox is connected directly to the tv via HDMI. I hope to science my xbox isn't on it's way out, I don't have the funds to shell out for my fourth one at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Turns out it's nothing to do with the game. Switched over to marvel to work on levelling frank up with ghostrider and wolverine and it started flashing black there too. Balls.

My xbox is connected directly to the tv via HDMI. I hope to science my xbox isn't on it's way out, I don't have the funds to shell out for my fourth one at the moment.

Oh sweet lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

Sairus wrote: »
    Just in case any one is interested, GAME have this for €25 in Cork at the moment. Probably be the same elsewhere.

nice find sai, im bmxn my arse down there right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Went to Game in Liffey valley today and they had a couple of copies reduced from 49.99 to 24.99 for the deluxe version (don't know if they are all the deluxe version?). I picked one up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No one could find this when it was full price and now its everywhere cheap :confused:

You all should try KoF2k2 on GGPO, it's a lot of fun and it's a nice alternative to the XIII online

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Fergus_ wrote: »
    You all should try KoF2k2 on GGPO, it's a lot of fun and it's a nice alternative to the XIII online

meep

Hate you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Really liking Flame Iori, he'll definitely be on my team.
    Don't know what to make of NESTs Kyo yet, I prefer regular Kyo for now but I'll experiment with him a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Mr. Karate is out. His qcf+PP is an instant guard crush, so if you have another stock and 50% drive gauge you get a guaranteed super. Looks like he's going to be a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Yreval wrote: »
    Mr. Karate is out. His qcf+PP is an instant guard crush, so if you have another stock and 50% drive gauge you get a guaranteed super. Looks like he's going to be a beast.
    Hes very good and that quick cancel heavy uppercut is really good. i think he can get zoned really easy though

• Advertisement

Got a 90% HD combo with Yuri down although it costs 4 bars and there is better ones, this will do for me now :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Got a 90% HD combo with Yuri down although it costs 4 bars and there is better ones, this will do for me now :D

Yeah? I can throw sonic booms.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Yeah you could totally play as ash he works the same way only hes...girlish...and...a dick...and...
    French

Nevermind that is a terrible idea

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Yeah you could totally play as ash he works the same way only hes...girlish...and...a dick...and...
    French

Nevermind that is a terrible idea

Reminds me of someone :pac:

Some console KoF footage, there's loads more in the videos tab. That's teh grand finals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Finally borrowed this from work. Just trying to find characters.

Mad busy at the mo but can someone tell me if Andy is at all viable or would I be wasting my time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Orim wrote: »
    Finally borrowed this from work. Just trying to find characters.

Mad busy at the mo but can someone tell me if Andy is at all viable or would I be wasting my time.

I hear virtually every character is viable, especially at our level.

I'd say Andy'd be good to learn with as he's pretty shoto-esque. You tend not to see him at tournament though, so perhaps he's one of the weaker ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is this worth buying/playing, i knew i said i would buy it prior to release but the demo ultimately put me off [mainly the loading time between all matches, which essentially is just 1 match?]

Advertisement