Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Of Fighters XIII discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I think Hwa Jai is supposed to be the rushdown king since the rebalancing.

That's the Adon clone right? Nope. Not even if there was a fire. He's too annoying. Isn't Kim supposedly really good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Turns out I was completely wrong about K' in regards to spending his meter and he can deal a LOT of damage from spending even just a small amount.

I can't believe this is his nerfed from.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Borrowed this from work today.

Is Duck King in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Is Duck King in this?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Might just give it back so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Duck King's been in very few KOF games though.

But hell, Hwa Jai only made his KOF debut in XIII - 20 YEARS after Fatal Fury!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Is Duck King in this?

FUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

....Against Voa....
    I am salty over how tiny this text is.
    I'm the best. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Finally learned whats safe and not. Kuro TYH is mine also your ash is going down. also Kim has a normal over head fck the short hops :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    That's beyond banter. I will crush your soul. That is all.

that a clever way of sayin u pickin up shang/quan? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Voa wrote: »
    I am salty over how tiny this text is.
    I'm the best. :(

Nothing against you personally Voa, but both of our pre-match banters were

"What are the buttons and what do they do?"

Because we're just that good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chueytoo wrote: »
    Finally learned whats safe and not. Kuro TYH is mine also your ash is going down. also Kim has a normal over head fck the short hops :P

Have to get past my Ash before you can start threatening others, hype, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Have to get past my Ash before you can start threatening others, hype, etc

I have to get past his ash to get to you DOOM. we all know your the best ash around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Picked up KoF yesterday, mad fun!

Rocking Athena/Kyo/Yuri and I've only pretty much went to training mode with Yuri, just figuring out my own combos before looking up viable BnBs.

Combos in this are pretty weird, have to do inputs pretty fast for special cancels/drive cancels.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Picked up KoF yesterday, mad fun!

Rocking Athena/Kyo/Yuri and I've only pretty much went to training mode with Yuri, just figuring out my own combos before looking up viable BnBs.

Combos in this are pretty weird, have to do inputs pretty fast for special cancels/drive cancels.

yeah it mainly the first hit has to be canceled. but some characters have to wait like maxima or daimon.

but after owning the game for a week i look up guides to find out i should not be using bare knuckle with terry since unlike every other kof it is unsafe and crapshoot (crackshot in engrish) is now safe.......everything i knew from 98 just went out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

everything i knew from 98 just went out the window

Yeah probably because that was nearly 14 years ago :D. On a related note...Maxima is awesome, now that I know what his bnb is I can start using him more effectively and stop spamming qcb-C for the armor. Also, joe you were so right, Kula is really hard to do all of the challenges for. Hit confirm 2B>2B>5B>623C>63214(x2)A or C :pac:............No...that's really hard and you have to cancel the DP in like the first couple of frames, Duo Lon is also hard to use.

everything i knew from 98 just went out the window

Yeah probably because that was nearly 14 years ago :D.

shut up you youngling........it was safe up to 12 according to guides. and his dp is now a charge motion........im going to go cry in the corner and say all old games are better like drebby

and his dp is now a charge motion

gross, I hate charging...MAXIMA ARMOR ALL THE WAY!!!!

and his dp is now a charge motion

gross, I hate charging...MAXIMA ARMOR ALL THE WAY!!!!

you know most his normals have amour too and his crouching d (the one where he punches diagonaly up) is ridiculos in hyper cancel mode for juggling

• Advertisement

you know most his normals have amour too

As far as I know his only normals with armor are his 5C and 2C. I'm pretty sure his 3C doesn't have any armor.

Can we please not use numbers?

They're shít for reading.
    Nothing wrong with u/f, d/f, b, f, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Had a small set with Bush online.

Oh mai god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Fergus_ wrote: »

Stop right there.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can we please not use numbers?

They're shít for reading.
    Nothing wrong with u/f, d/f, b, f, etc.

They're no harder or easier for reading than u d f b. It all comes down to whether you're used to them or not. You get used to it quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im with kiki, get those numbers outta here.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    They're no harder or easier for reading than u d f b. It all comes down to whether you're used to them or not. You get used to it quickly.
    Here is a regular keypad.
    8Of2zl.jpg
    You use it at the ATM, your remote control and on your phone.
    It goes 1,2,3 from the top and it makes sense because that's how you count numbers.

Here is a computer numeric keypad.
    AHeiZl.jpg
    It is ASS BACKWARDS because those lazy fúcks at calculator companies did no research into user interfaces.

*edit*

Oh, and the other reason is that u/f describes a direction that is the same whether you're facing left or right (Up-Forward).
    9 becomes 7 depending on which side I'm on.
    And it becomes 1 or 3 depending on which keypad I'm reading.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Look, if someone says 2C, I instantly think Crouching C. If someone says 3B I instantly think d/f B. It's not a case of me going "OH SHIT, someone just said 6A, where the hell is my upside down number pad so I can check what that means! No, not my phone keypad, you wont do at all!!".

You just naturally think forward A. It's fine, just get used to it.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

9 becomes 7 depending on which side I'm on.
    And it becomes 1 or 3 depending on which keypad I'm reading.

Generally it is always assumed that you are speaking as if you were on the right side, so 9 will always be up right and 7 will always be up left. Anyways Kiki, not to be a dick but if people want to use numbers then who are you to tell them they shouldn't just because you think it's harder to read? I'm gonna stick with it because it's what I know, sorry man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, the dream cancel wiki uses B/f etc so why don't we show this game the respect we show all others and use the communities choice like we do with every other game, rather than engage in this bizarre conversation

Advertisement