Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Siobhanb9

CLR95 wrote: »
    why you not looking at places nearer?

Believe me man, I've tried!
    Everywheres taken, There only living with families left, 'Digs' I think they're called!

I'd really rather my own place with roommates, more freedom and stuff.

Celbridge is the closest I can get, And It's not too shabby either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CLR95

Siobhanb9 wrote: »
    Believe me man, I've tried!
    Everywheres taken, There only living with families left, 'Digs' I think they're called!

I'd really rather my own place with roommates, more freedom and stuff.

Celbridge is the closest I can get, And It's not too shabby either ;)
    have you pics of the rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Siobhanb9

have you pics of the rooms?

pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ Cruz Colossal Saltine

Celbridge is grand, 10 minute bus and less than a tenner for a taxi back after a night out. Also cheaper and you won't have to live in a dive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

^
    Just want to say, love the username

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

I Was up in maynooth today and the woman in the accommodation office basically said that the chances of getting anything in maynooth are very slim and should start looking in Celbridge or Leixlip... I would be willing to live in either one of these with some other students but there's actually very little houses available! Rang up some that i seen no daft.ie but they said no students! Really worried at this stage :(

shawnanana wrote: »
    I Was up in maynooth today and the woman in the accommodation office basically said that the chances of getting anything in maynooth are very slim and should start looking in Celbridge or Leixlip... I would be willing to live in either one of these with some other students but there's actually very little houses available! Rang up some that i seen no daft.ie but they said no students! Really worried at this stage :(

was there any places at all?

Missed out on Campus accom and ive no where to stay. Need to book somewhere quick! Anyone else in the same situation as myself?
    Yes i have been flat out since monday looking and am getting reeeeeally worried! I actually dont know what im going to do...

Yes i have been flat out since monday looking and am getting reeeeeally worried! I actually dont know what im going to do...

where are you from? that lottery system for campus accom is a joke :( it should be first come first served

where are you from? that lottery system for campus accom is a joke :( it should be first come first served

Carlow, you? Yeah or else they should have waaaay more spaces reserved for 1st years!

• Advertisement

Carlow, you? Yeah or else they should have waaaay more spaces reserved for 1st years!

From kerry! really nervous about not getting accommo :/ one its sorted tho i can start being excitied :(

was there any places at all?
    Rang everything on the house sharing and self catering lists and all gone, aswel as all the houses on daft! Dont really want to have to do digs as it is a bit over my budget!

From kerry! really nervous about not getting accommo :/ one its sorted tho i can start being excitied :(

Yeah im the exact same :/ Will feel more secure knowing i will at least have a roof over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Housing in Maynooth is ridiculously difficult to get this year. I live a 55 minute train journey away, and the closest I could get a house within my budget, was in Enfield, which is what 20 minutes away from Maynooth? So for the sake of 30 minutes I decided not to even bother!

Still keeping an eye out for people though, I know how ridiculously stressful this must be for ye! If I find anything i'll let ye know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jaffajaffa

Hey I've just been added to the self catering list I have an en suite twin room and a single room to let in leixlip,twin room is €80 pp sharing per week and single is €85 per week inc bills and wifi,pm me if any interest.
    Sharing with a small family(myself and my son) would suit females.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

My landlord owns a few houses there and he was saying that a good few rooms should pop up around October/November when people start to drop out and when people from Dublin realise they can't afford to live away from home. Landlords then normally give a bit of discount because they just want a tenant. And digs isn't too bad, most families are sound out and know what it's like to be a student, living in one for a few months wouldn't be a bad option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

THFC wrote: »
    My landlord owns a few houses there and he was saying that a good few rooms should pop up around October/November when people start to drop out and when people from Dublin realise they can't afford to live away from home. Landlords then normally give a bit of discount because they just want a tenant. And digs isn't too bad, most families are sound out and know what it's like to be a student, living in one for a few months wouldn't be a bad option.

That always happens after the first grant comes in. People go in for the bare minimum and then drop out. Not as many as you would think though and also that isn't really good to anyone without accomodation who aren't within commuting distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MrNeeson

Someone let me sleep on their floor please? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marinush17

Is anyone looking for a roommate?? I am a first year in nuim biological and biomedical science! Help! im going crazy here looking for accomodation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Hi folks,

Same as yourselves, my little brother is looking for a room in Maynooth, going into his first year in International Finance. He's 19, clean, easy-going, and a sound lad.

Looks a bit gloomy from this thread but drop me a PM if anyone is interested and we can try to arrange something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

May have found a nice 5 bed, 10 minute walk from the college. Can folks PM me their phone numbers please as if it's decent I'll be looking for three-four housemates!!

*** HOUSE IS GONE ***

• Registered Users Posts: 1 b.donlon

After seeing campus are only offering to the first 25 places!! im really stuck now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iamthepast

Hey guys, I'm desperately looking for a place if anybody wants to team up or knows of a room going. If I end up having to get a place in Celbridge it'd be nice to know a couple of people as I don't know the place...25 year old mature student starting first year Digital Media, pretty quiet, easy on the eyes, makes great tacos and pancakes, just an all round prize of a house mate!

PLEAAASE
    Seriously though, would take anything at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iynes

fartyarse, I have PM'd you

When do 1st years start this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

When do 1st years start this year?

Orientation & registration starting 16th, lectures start 23rd

Well I have a room free for the first three weeks in September. So if anyone is badly stuck for the first week of college while they are getting setup it is there. Would be 75e for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Booshmallow

I'm going into first year in nuim too this year from carlow, missed out on campus also and there's actually nothing off campus unless you know a group of people to find a house with. Not looking forward to a bus at 7am every morning :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iynes

Hey guys, after the first draw for campus accommodation I was 63rd. Do you think I'd get it?
    Or if anyone has a room available could you please let me know? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 laureennc

Hi there, Just seen your post and my friend and I are very interested in sharing a house with use.
    We are both females (18yrs) and first years and we are both studying Arts in NUIM this year.
    If you could email me more details if the rooms are still available that would be great! :)
    my email is <snip>
    thanks! :)

Advertisement