Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Looking for a 4 bed in Maynooth for myself and my friends having a nightmare, we are four 3rd year students, everything seems mad expensive, was hoping not to pay more than 1200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Difficult one! I'll tell you roughly how much it costs me and you can have a guess how much it would cost yourself. Rent is 75 a week for a double room for me, bills would work out as under 20 euro a week including heating in the winter. Food then, I cook in bulk so probably only spend about 20 to 30 euro a week on food, I rarely eat lunch out though, so add in 20 euro extra a week if you're having a few lunches. Then random stuff like buses, trains, etc might cost 20 euro a week.

I'd say I spend 50 euro in cash a week on average then bills on top. But I'm fairly frugal, don't drink much so take that into account ;)

Thanks for that, im suprised the bills are low thats good. Would you say its possible to do it for 150 a week. Drink doesnt bother me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Overall? Easily. You could get a room way cheaper than that. I don't pay my bills every week though, just beware of that. Like I'd have to fork out a large amount every time we get oil say. ESB is 30 euro per person every two months, etc,. Some places the rent includes bills, others it doesn't. But in short, you can easily live on 150 euro a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Overall? Easily. You could get a room way cheaper than that. I don't pay my bills every week though, just beware of that. Like I'd have to fork out a large amount every time we get oil say. ESB is 30 euro per person every two months, etc,. Some places the rent includes bills, others it doesn't. But in short, you can easily live on 150 euro a week.

Thanks, it just seems like everything on daft is expensive but I'll keep looking :) Its just that as it is I'm spending near 50euro on petrol travelling u and down and it takes an hour up an down. Dont really want to be doing that in my last year!!

Sure you looked in right place? Just had a quick look and there are 29 rooms with rent of 70 euro per week and less in Maynooth on there right now. Some include bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

Sure you looked in right place? Just had a quick look and there are 29 rooms with rent of 70 euro per week and less in Maynooth on there right now. Some include bills.

could you send that link to me ? sorry for the random comment ha! I'm going into 2nd year and I'm findng it so hard to find somehwere with decent rent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Second year student looking for house share if any one is looking for another person. PM me details and ill get back to you thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Have a nice single room for rent in leixlip , 3-5 minutes walk from the train station or bus stop , trains to and from maynooth (15 minutes away) every day , looking for 300 a month including most bills, guys preffered, anyone can PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

169307.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sionnachrua

Does anyone know anything about sub-letting? The place I found for the year is in a house where one girl rents the whole house from the landlord, and then lets out the other rooms. Is it safe enough giving her my rent and deposit without actually giving it to the landlord myself? She seems sound enough, so I don't have that much trouble trusting her. Are there any other problems that arise in a sub-letted (?) house?

• Advertisement

It's common enough but you still need to sign a lease, etc,. The one issue that might occur is if you lose a housemate and can't replace them quickly. The landlord would still be owed the month's rent but you'd have one less person to pay. The girl sub-letting should cover that cost but just make sure you clarify first in case she tries to ask you to pay more if that happens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone had any luck with regards to deferring campus accommodation payments?

Essentially, I get a loan installment mid-September, early Jan and early April and all 3 will cover the total year's rent. I emailed the accommodation accounts people explaining this and they've offered to allow me to pay half the 1st semester rent in September and half in November, which really doesn't help at all. :confused:

Reckon there's someone else I can talk to or will I just need to take out a loan/overdraft?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Anyone still looking to share?

I was due to take campus but a friend from UCD now needs somewhere to live and wants to live in Maynooth (cause it's near where her vet placement takes place) so trying to suss out a 3 bed house. Anyone in need of housemates let me know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ceol1991

I just got a place in village on campus ...does anyone know what village is like at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

ceol1991 wrote: »
    I just got a place in village on campus ...does anyone know what village is like at all?

Tis grand sure :p
    Was there in first year and loved it. Each apartment is like a little family, and I found it much more a friendly place to live over River or Rye.
    The rooms arn't the biggest, but they do. Each has bed, desk, 2/3 shelves above your desk, a radiator storage heater thing, hanging space and 3 shelves for clothes. Also, if you lift the mattress there is an under bed storage thing for big bags or suitcases. If you ask at the village reception Seamus will give you a bin and lamp too.
    Each aparment has 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (usually one has a better shower), and a large kitchen/loungey area. There's about 10 presses in the kitchen, so usually a large shelf each, and enough space in the fridge and freezer to pack all your stuff in.
    The apartments arn't luxury, but the craic you will have there is well worth it! And it's far better than some of the places down the town. If I hadn't gotten a house with people I love I would have definitely take Village over the other campus places.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

ceol1991 wrote: »

Tis grand sure :p
    Was there in first year and loved it. Each apartment is like a little family, and I found it much more a friendly place to live over River or Rye.
    The rooms arn't the biggest, but they do. Each has bed, desk, 2/3 shelves above your desk, a radiator storage heater thing, hanging space and 3 shelves for clothes. Also, if you lift the mattress there is an under bed storage thing for big bags or suitcases. If you ask at the village reception Seamus will give you a bin and lamp too.
    Each aparment has 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (usually one has a better shower), and a large kitchen/loungey area. There's about 10 presses in the kitchen, so usually a large shelf each, and enough space in the fridge and freezer to pack all your stuff in.
    The apartments arn't luxury, but the craic you will have there is well worth it! And it's far better than some of the places down the town. If I hadn't gotten a house with people I love I would have definitely take Village over the other campus places.

Everything she said. Lived in village for 2 years now and would have been there thus year except that I ended up in Dublin on work experience.

Seamus is really friendly and always willing to help. You might delays but normally it's not his fault as much as those that he is dealing with

Defo the best value for money of the campus accomodation. I already miss it!

P.S. The bin and light should already be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭musicloverx

im hoping to go to maynooth next year and have applied for campus accomodation, im just wondering after cao offers when will you be notified if you have got it or not or should I ring..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

im hoping to go to maynooth next year and have applied for campus accomodation, im just wondering after cao offers when will you be notified if you have got it or not or should I ring..

They'll let you know! Can't remember how mch longer after offers it was but you will get an email

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

Any post grads need a room for the year? Me and 2 others got an amazing house but our fourth person pulled out at the last second so we need to fill the room quickly. It's a double room. The rent is 374 a month. A couple would actually be ideal because it would bring the rent down. We also have the option of converting the study into a 5th bedroom in which case the rent would only be around 300 a month. We'd ideally prefer not to do that, but if it comes to it we would be willing. Landlord only wants postgrads or young professionals signing the lease. I cannot stress enough how amazing the house is. Us 3 are engineering postgrads in Maynooth. PM me for more details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LiathV

Housemate needed! Single room available in Kingsbry. Nice modern house. Would be sharing with four second year girls. 75e a week contact me for more details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

Hi guys,also have a double room in the meadowbrook area to rent for 375/month. GF and I just moved in and delighted with it. There will be one other girl there doing her hdip (we're all twentysomethings), but shes doing the college part in galway so she will only be there in blocks. looking for someone for the 12 months if possible. photos and more info here..
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=644496

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Question about on-campus accommodation:

How long do we have to accept our accommodation offer on Tuesday? It says late evening on the website, but I may not be here then. Will I still be able to accept it on Wednesday if I get a place on campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Question about on-campus accommodation:

How long do we have to accept our accommodation offer on Tuesday? It says late evening on the website, but I may not be here then. Will I still be able to accept it on Wednesday if I get a place on campus?

We get offered it on Tuesday? How do you know/where do we see? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    We get offered it on Tuesday? How do you know/where do we see? :)

It says on the website that those who get campus accommodation in the first draw will get an email Tomorrow (tuesday) evening. *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I think they assume you're taking it unless you call to say otherwise, but ring anyway to double check. Also don't keep your hopes up for an early e-mail, I was ringing them for 2 weeks before my e-mail finally came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maynoothroomie

xoaudhep wrote: »
    Hi :)

Myself and a friend are looking to move to Maynooth in September. We wanted to rent a house but are having trouble finding other people to rent with? Anybody have any advice?
    I've seen a few houses online that would work out quite cheap if we could find another 2 or 3 people to share with! Is anyone else in the same boat?

Hi, myself and two other lads are also looking for some people to share a house with, give me a PM dude and maybe we can sort somethign out cheers? are you finding it hard to get a house cause we are finding it quite hard to find one ourselves...

Hey I'm new to this but me and my friend (females) need 4 more roomates in maynooth asap cause every where is getting taken!! Rent is pretty cheap! Let me no :)

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Looking for a 4 bed in Maynooth for myself and my friends having a nightmare, we are four 3rd year students, everything seems mad expensive, was hoping not to pay more than 1200.

Hey we have 4 rooms left in this house we are looking at!! 210 each or 235 fo the one with en suite pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

hey maynoothroomie, I',m looking for a place at the moment, there most likely will be two of us! Looking for 2 single rooms! Whats the house like and what year are housemates in?

1c1a wrote: »
    hey maynoothroomie, I',m looking for a place at the moment, there most likely will be two of us! Looking for 2 single rooms! Whats the house like and what year are housemates in?

Hey pm you there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Ok so I didn't get an email about on campus yet, and I'm from Waterford so I've no idea what to do.. :(

Advertisement