Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ok so I didn't get an email about on campus yet, and I'm from Waterford so I've no idea what to do.. :(

Don't worry, that is the last thing you should be doing. Wait until tomorrow, and then try calling them. If they say you have not been offered a place, then ask for the housing list, or reply to posts about people having rooms. You will not be stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ktx

Hey...two rooms available in a house in beaufield crescent! Single and double rooms available with a possibility of ensuite, single costs €80 per week and double €95 per week bills not included. Living with one 3rd year male and three 2nd year females! Deposit of €200 required. Please PM me if intrested. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 godreborn

Hey Maynoothroomie, I'm also looking for a single room in Maynooth if ye still have one available? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vicar1

Hi Maynoothroomie, sent you a pm re the rooms, hope they're still, available 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hello all!

Just wondering does anyone have access to the housing listing for this year. It's local access which is stupidity....

It would be much appreciated if someone could help out with this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

HazDanz wrote: »
    Hello all!

Just wondering does anyone have access to the housing listing for this year. It's local access which is stupidity....

It would be much appreciated if someone could help out with this :)

If you email the residence office they should email it you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Hey, could people PM me the names of lanlords to avoid in Moyglare or Parklands. I'm thinking of going to one or the other but would just like to know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If anyone has a spare room going close to the university (1st year here!) pm me please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AineDel

Hey guys :) If anyone has a spare room going for a friendly, outgoing first year girl please PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

LoLth wrote: »
    Looking for or offering accommodation ?
    then you should look or advertise on this board

Third Level Accommodation

The charter expressly forbids advertising in this forum (cant have you taking advantage of our impressionable youth).

thanks

LoLth

Link

Anyone who continues to do this will receive a temporary ban.

N

• Advertisement

Heading up myself tomorrow to try and find somewhere if anyone's interested in looking.. pvt me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaeledoyle

I am doing my postgrad but do not have a place sorted yet. If any other postgrads need one more let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Link

Anyone who continues to do this will receive a temporary ban.

N

What's this in relation to? Is it ok to still advertise a room in your house like? Or are we referring to something else that I missed?

For advertising or selling. I assume it's for legal reasons.
    As boards cannot take responsibility for deals/exchanges by members,
    as there are other sites dedicated to selling and promoting property.

What's the purpose of this thread then? I thought it was for student x to say, "we need a housemate" or student y to say "anyone got a room?". If that's not allowed then surely the thread serves no purpose? I'm not arguing for or against, just curious.

It's about discussion of accommodation in Maynooth I'd assume.
    If you read the first few posts it should give people a better idea of what the thread should be about.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 3rdyearkitten

*Snip

Hey Maynoothroomie,

I am going into third year, female, and have a dog. Is there any chance you guys and your landlord would be ok with that?? He is completely house trained, everyone who meets him loves him. Please reply asap

Anyone know anything about Riordan in Village? Are they mixed/same sex? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know anything about Riordan in Village? Are they mixed/same sex? :P

Nearly all of Village is same sex. Only a select few places get mixed

• Advertisement

Nearly all of Village is same sex. Only a select few places get mixed

Oooh right.. I just got my place now.. I'm in apartment 3 \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eve.

hey folks
    i am a female international student coming to maynooth for the first semester and looking for a room in a house with nice people to spend my time with during the semester. please contact me when you have a room. I would be soo so glad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oooh right.. I just got my place now.. I'm in apartment 3 \o/

I lived in riordan 3 in first year too Noel! :eek: That is so random!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Not many singles around now... What're everyone's experience with being in a twin room with a stranger?

I lived in riordan 3 in first year too Noel! :eek: That is so random!

:eek: Really? That's so weird considering it's your advice that helped!! Was it a good place to live? :P

Yeah it was grand! There's a really class shower in the smaller bathroom, but it flooded a few times on us. so make sure and have the mop handy :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Bergkamp 10

Well people, I've got village as well. Hope it goes alright...:D

I've heard though you got to rent the tv, and the internet connection is bad....?
    :confused::(

I'm in Mullin I think if its any consolation...:pac:

You do have to rent the tv; it was 25 euro a month (so a fiver each) back when I lived in village. There nearly isn't much need to have a telly though, cuz pretty much everything you'd want to watch is on the internet anyway!

The internet in village is grand; it's wireless which is handy. Its quick enough like, definitely wouldn't say it was bad! You can't torrent on campus, but that's the only thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I got Mullin. It'll be my first year living on campus. Do many 3rd years live there or not........ also is there anywhere I can keep maaa bicycle?
    Well I hope I've passed my repeats or else I dunno what I'll be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sketchz700

Im starting digital media in september.. anyone got a room to rent in an apartment/house.. close to the uni.. pm me.

Advertisement