Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm looking for a room from next week up until the 20th of December. I'm a postgrad student, non-smoker and will be pretty much flat out with college work up until Xmas so won't be partying too hard.

Budget is about €300 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Single room available in Meadowbrook, roughly €250 per month, haven't fully decided what way we're goin to split the rent yet. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

First year looking for off campus house share, budget about 300 a month, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Single room available. 320 a month.

Very spacious kitchen and separate sitting room.

Moyglare Village, easy 5/10 min walk from college.

PM me if interested.

Available immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Hi all,

I have a great room to rent in my house in Beaufield. The original tenant I had in it has let me down and now I'm left looking for a new tenant in October!!:cool: Very irritating indeed!

Anyway, as I said, the room is very nice, newly refurbished and has a new double bed. The house in general is newly refubished, clean and modern. There's a brand new electric shower, large kitchen/ diner, sitting room, downstairs WC and second sitting room.

You'd be sharing with myself, (A 27 year old male primary school teacher) and male first year student. The house is laid back, kept very cleanand quiet.

€370 per month + deposit of €200 + bills divided by three.

If this sounds good for you let me know please!!

Gwjones!

Here's a couple of pics

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/244777/124981.JPG

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/244777/124983.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

any first years looking for another first year for house share??

my budget would be around 300 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lb100

hey all! looking for a room after christmas........as close to the collage as possible!.....my current landlord is a CREEP! around 350 a month! anyone looking for some one get in contact with me! Im rele tidy :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

i live in a river appartement and i want to move to rye hall because every person i know lives there.

if your anyway intersted, mail me and we'll see can we work out something..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

UglyFuc wrote: »
    i live in a river appartement and i want to move to rye hall because every person i know lives there.

if your anyway intersted, mail me and we'll see can we work out something..

Dude, just walk into Rye hall and shout out "Who wants a river apartment???" They'll all come flocking :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Who would want to live in Rye?!.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ guys, just gonna warn yous that if you're going to attempt to swap rooms or anything with someone else who lives on or off campus, you could get in some serious sh1t. You probably would end up getting kicked out of your apartment.
    Ugly Fuc, go and talk to Niamh in the river apartments office if you want a different room, she may be able to help you out.

^ guys, just gonna warn yous that if you're going to attempt to swap rooms or anything with someone else who lives on or off campus, you could get in some serious sh1t. You probably would end up getting kicked out of your apartment.
    Ugly Fuc, go and talk to Niamh in the river apartments office if you want a different room, she may be able to help you out.

no im gona do it properly, like go into the office and tell them were going to swap

not gona pay full price for river when rye is cheaper!

no im gona do it properly, like go into the office and tell them were going to swap

I find it very unlikely, they'll just let you swap at this stage, especially when you've paid for the term and have already lived there 5/6 weeks!

I find it very unlikely, they'll just let you swap at this stage, especially when you've paid for the term and have already lived there 5/6 weeks!

well i'm willing to take that risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ktx

Hi Im a 1st year arts student and am looking for accomidation. Budget around 300 month. Pretty easy going about the type of accomidation but dont want a twin room to share. Let me know if theres any thing available thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Hey, looking for a new housemate from 1st of December. It's in Maynooth Park, huge double room in a big, spacious house, sharing with 3 others, myself and two female students. Rent is 325 a month. PM me if you're interested. Looking for someone until May at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

1 room available to rent, €200, lovely house, €15 mb broadband with upc, 50 channels, all mod cons... 15 minutes walk to college, griffin raith hall. Room isn't great, but that's why it's €200 a month! :) PM me if interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Moomee

Rye is grand I live here =]

Ok this isn't about getting accommodation as such but I didn't see the point of opening a new thread :P Ok so question for people living in Dublin, what's the commute like? Are the trains reliable (I'm laughing actually asking that :P)?
    See, I'm having an argument with the bf about next year. I want him to live here he wants me to live there :P Will I be wrecked is what I'm basically asking :P

amyputz wrote: »
    Ok this isn't about getting accommodation as such but I didn't see the point of opening a new thread :P Ok so question for people living in Dublin, what's the commute like? Are the trains reliable (I'm laughing actually asking that :P)?
    See, I'm having an argument with the bf about next year. I want him to live here he wants me to live there :P Will I be wrecked is what I'm basically asking :P

Don't do it. Stay in Maynooth. there's no point renting and commuting!

My boyf lives in dub and me here and we just visit each other as much as poss. It's worked well for our 4 year relationship so far! :)

• Advertisement

Don't do it. Stay in Maynooth. there's no point renting and commuting!

My boyf lives in dub and me here and we just visit each other as much as poss. It's worked well for our 4 year relationship so far! :)

Actually, I've been weighing up the pros and cons, the pros are very quickly outweighing the cons!

Actually, I've been weighing up the pros and cons, the pros are very quickly outweighing the cons!

Bear in mind the cost of renting with the cost of all the travel added on. It won't be cheap!
    You'll also be wrecked travelling every day and then you'll have to do your work at home as well meaning you won't have that much time with your boyfriend!

Although I am interested in the pros and cons considering I'd love to life with the boyf!

Bear in mind the cost of renting with the cost of all the travel added on. It won't be cheap!
    You'll also be wrecked travelling every day and then you'll have to do your work at home as well meaning you won't have that much time with your boyfriend!

Although I am interested in the pros and cons considering I'd love to life with the boyf!

It funny you mention that; the cost was what was worrying me most so I had a nosy into flat prices, looking at websites and asking friends who are living there already, and the cost of me living in city centre like near Connolly or Drumcondra, and the train tickets, works out less weekly than where I'm living now (River), so that's grand! My parents are paying for my accommodation on the condition that they don't pay for anything else, so they'll be happy that they're paying less next year :P I know it'll be a longer tougher day, but in all fairness I do **** all because I live so close! I just end up going online or playing minesweeper all day, whereas my bf is the best motivator ever, even though he's the biggest procrastinator himself :P He's also pretty damn well off, so I'll be paying even less XD And I never get to see any of my friends any more, that was the cruncher :P

It funny you mention that; the cost was what was worrying me most so I had a nosy into flat prices, looking at websites and asking friends who are living there already, and the cost of me living in city centre like near Connolly or Drumcondra, and the train tickets, works out less weekly than where I'm living now (River), so that's grand! My parents are paying for my accommodation on the condition that they don't pay for anything else, so they'll be happy that they're paying less next year :P I know it'll be a longer tougher day, but in all fairness I do **** all because I live so close! I just end up going online or playing minesweeper all day, whereas my bf is the best motivator ever, even though he's the biggest procrastinator himself :P He's also pretty damn well off, so I'll be paying even less XD And I never get to see any of my friends any more, that was the cruncher :P

Have you accounted bills into that? Because they will add to the price!
    I have always heard that Dublin is a lot more expensive than Maynooth. DCU even had an article about it in their last issue of The College View!

I just think that it's going to be a lot harder than you think! I have thought about it myself in the past but from all my research I just don't think it would be worth it! Although if you can convince me otherwise! :P

I understand the friends thing too but will Dublin make it any easier when you're still commuting to Maynooth everyday? Surely it would be the same situation as living here?

Have you accounted bills into that? Because they will add to the price!
    I have always heard that Dublin is a lot more expensive than Maynooth. DCU even had an article about it in their last issue of The College View!

I just think that it's going to be a lot harder than you think! I have thought about it myself in the past but from all my research I just don't think it would be worth it! Although if you can convince me otherwise! :P

I understand the friends thing too but will Dublin make it any easier when you're still commuting to Maynooth everyday? Surely it would be the same situation as living here?

Yeah I know bills and all that, but after talking to a few friends it still seems to be cheaper, or at most around the same price. And yeah it may very well be harder than living here, I don't know since I haven't tried it yet, but it's still a hell of a lot better than commuting from Dundalk which is what my parents want! :P

And as for the friends thing, yeah if I managed to get a place in the area I wanted, I'd be fairly close to the majority of them so I could see them in the evening if I wasn't too busy, and practically all the friends but a few that I've made here live in Dublin too so meh :P

Another thing I just thought of was that I might actually work during the day if I couldn't go back to the apartment and sleep :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Got a room to rent in a house in Straffan Wood. €350 a month for a double bed in a modern, clean family house in a lovely modern quiet estate. From 1st of January or February (negotiable) until 1st of May. Room is up for rent because I'm looking to move home because of work commitments.

House would be shared with two other second year lads with a casual atmosphere, but serious about getting good academic work done.

PM me if interested. Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Hey, looking for a new housemate from 1st of December. It's in Maynooth Park, huge double room in a big, spacious house, sharing with 3 others, myself and two female students. Rent is 325 a month. PM me if you're interested. Looking for someone until May at least.

This room is still free, someone can move in almost immediately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 doyler93

Hey i'm applying for on campus acc and i was wondering if anyone can tell me what the different types of accommodation are like, for example getting a good night sleep or sharing a room with someone.

Thanks =]

Hiya, well it all depends on how much you're willing to spend for what you get :P
    I'm in river, and honestly I don't think it's worth the extra. Yeah you get your own bathroom but that's it really. I have friends in Village and Rye and they're perfectly happy and comfortable there. I only know one person sharing a twin room and that's with her twin sister, so make of that what you will ;)

I'm a heavy sleeper, but the ****ers above me...oh I will go up there some day and strangle them. Wednesday nights are their favourite, screaming at everyone out the windows and pretending to have sex, it's so immature...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Told off by a first year. Gas.

Advertisement