Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

First year arts student (male) looking for accomadation around maynooth, send me a pm if anyone is looking for more people to share a house or fill a vacancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PadraigD

First year arts student (male) looking for accomadation around maynooth, send me a pm if anyone is looking for more people to share a house or fill a vacancy.

Lookin into gettin a house myself, pm me if u are interested in joinin up to get a house, i have a few houses in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm still waiting for my e-mail about on-campus accommodation...I called up today and they were like "you'll definitely get it today!"...I assume it's closed by now...I wanna know where I'm living in like a weeks time damnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PadraigD

amyputz wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my e-mail about on-campus accommodation...I called up today and they were like "you'll definitely get it today!"...I assume it's closed by now...I wanna know where I'm living in like a weeks time damnit!

You may email them constantly to find out. Campus places were issued weeks ago so I assume u didnt get it but I cud be wrong. Accom around Maynooth is gettin scarce so the sooner u find out the better

PadraigD wrote: »
    You may email them constantly to find out. Campus places were issued weeks ago so I assume u didnt get it but I cud be wrong. Accom around Maynooth is gettin scarce so the sooner u find out the better

Naw, they keep saying I definitely have a place, I just haven't been allocated a room yet...I've been calling them about twice a week for the last 2 weeks, it's so annoying...it prob means I'm left with the ****tyest room in the building too...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I think there's a spare room(double bed) at my house in Cluain Aoibhinn, need to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

irish_goat wrote: »
    I think there's a spare room(double bed) at my house in Cluain Aoibhinn, need to double check.
    PM Sent ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Hey I'm not fully sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's the deal with having people over to stay the night if you're living on campus?
    It says this on the lease agreement :

"3. In the interest of fire safety and emergency evacuation procedures, the resident agrees to contact the Residence Office via River Reception, in relation to any intention to apply to have an overnight guest."

And I was just wondering are they strict about having people to stay over because my friend and I are planning on going to a concert in Dublin one weekend and I assumed she could just crash on my bedroom floor?

Also, where is the Residence Office? I can't see it on the map? Thanks :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Rafcam wrote: »
    Hey I'm not fully sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's the deal with having people over to stay the night if you're living on campus?
    It says this on the lease agreement :

"3. In the interest of fire safety and emergency evacuation procedures, the resident agrees to contact the Residence Office via River Reception, in relation to any intention to apply to have an overnight guest."

And I was just wondering are they strict about having people to stay over because my friend and I are planning on going to a concert in Dublin one weekend and I assumed she could just crash on my bedroom floor?

Also, where is the Residence Office? I can't see it on the map? Thanks :)

I probably shouldn't say this but I never had any problems with people staying over last year. In fact at the introduction meeting they basically told us they don't care if people stay over as long as they don't cause problems

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

I probably shouldn't say this but I never had any problems with people staying over last year. In fact at the introduction meeting they basically told us they don't care if people stay over as long as they don't cause problems

Oh okay that's prety cool! :) There won't be any problems, she just needs somewhere to spend the night. Thank you for the quick reply :)

• Advertisement

Rafcam wrote: »
    Oh okay that's prety cool! :) There won't be any problems, she just needs somewhere to spend the night. Thank you for the quick reply :)

No probs! :)

Hopefully they won't decide to get stricter this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ya what MCRcBaby said, in fact it wasn't unusual to have well over 10 people staying the night in my appartment in village last year. Was a crazy year. As long as there's no serious problems caused it's fine. Can't wait to move into my house a long, long, long , long, long way from campus tomorrow:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toby92

Im in the same boat they said I definetly have a place about 2/3 weeks
    ago but haven't gotten back to me about where exactly yet,same thing when I phone they just say they haven't booked me into an actual room. Since orientation is next week I'd imagine that we'll get word over the next two days, well hopefully:rolleyes:

toby92 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat they said I definetly have a place about 2/3 weeks
    ago but haven't gotten back to me about where exactly yet,same thing when I phone they just say they haven't booked me into an actual room. Since orientation is next week I'd imagine that we'll get word over the next two days, well hopefully:rolleyes:

Oh I have mine sorted nows, I rang up and they panicked :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toby92

Oh I have mine sorted nows, I rang up and they panicked :P
    Nice:D already phoned them today but il try and pressure them tomorrow out of interest did you get into river or whichever was your first prefrence?

toby92 wrote: »
    Nice:D already phoned them today but il try and pressure them tomorrow out of interest did you get into river or whichever was your first prefrence?

I put Rye Hall as my first preference, and Village as second. I got River as my third...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 burgers

eamoss wrote: »
    Greenfield - its Maynooths Muirhevna Mor :D

Straffan Wood - Look nice but ive heard they are ****e

Meadowbrook - Lived there this year and its the 2nd closest estate to the college but that bridge is a bítch.

Moyglare - is nice and the closest estate to the college, its just behind the on campus acc.

Meadowbrook, Beaufield and Kingsbury are all filled with students.

Greenfield is Maynooths Muirhevna Mor??? That is an outrageous insult!!

I went to DKIT for 4 years and lived near Muirhevna Mor (in Glenwood) and the place is a complete dive, absolute scumhole most decent people were afraid to go in to it. I dont know if you are referring to Greenfield or Old Greenfield but I now go to NUIM and have lived in Old Greenfield for over 3 years and I have rarely seen any trouble it is very, very quiet, mostly old people and families. It has a bit of a bad name around Maynooth because a load of dirty traveller families had been living at the end of the estate but they got thrown out by the council and all is well again. Beaufield and Meadowbrook are crazy, last year there was loads of trouble due to high noise levels, fighting and general disturbance mostly caused by students. But I never heard any of it so i'm very happy where I am in good Old Greenfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

burgers wrote: »
    Greenfield is Maynooths Muirhevna Mor??? That is an outrageous insult!!

I went to DKIT for 4 years and lived near Muirhevna Mor (in Glenwood) and the place is a complete dive, absolute scumhole most decent people were afraid to go in to it. I dont know if you are referring to Greenfield or Old Greenfield but I now go to NUIM and have lived in Old Greenfield for over 3 years and I have rarely seen any trouble it is very, very quiet, mostly old people and families. It has a bit of a bad name around Maynooth because a load of dirty traveller families had been living at the end of the estate but they got thrown out by the council and all is well again. Beaufield and Meadowbrook are crazy, last year there was loads of trouble due to high noise levels, fighting and general disturbance mostly caused by students. But I never heard any of it so i'm very happy where I am in good Old Greenfield!

Ah here... take it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Lets not go down this road please. Leave it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

One large twin room available. 10 minute walk from the college. Sharing the house with 4 others.
    PLease PM me for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 hungrygreeneye

myself and two first year girls are looking at a house in Griffenrath Hall, Maynooth, but we need a fourth person and it would work out around 325 a month,

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

myself and two first year girls are looking at a house in Griffenrath Hall, Maynooth, but we need a fourth person and it would work out around 325 a month,

Hey does that include utility bills ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

A bit late to the game I know, but if anyone knows if there's anywhere available near the college (or near transport to) that's looking for one more person to fill it up I'd appreciate it. I'd prefer to be sharing with fellow first years, but not necessary. Let me know by PM

Edit: Oops, wrong thread :o <moved to correct thread>

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

hi, i have a bed available in a twin room.the person in it already is male. we are located just off the main street, just off back lane. this might suit an international student, or someone who needs to stay while they're looking for a house share or something. we're thinking at the mo aprox e100 pw as it would include bills and at least breakfast and probably all the other meals too. pm me for details

gigawatt wrote: »
    hi, i have a bed available in a twin room.the person in it already is male. we are located just off the main street, just off back lane. this might suit an international student, or someone who needs to stay while they're looking for a house share or something. we're thinking at the mo aprox e100 pw as it would include bills and at least breakfast and probably all the other meals too. pm me for details

No harm but that sounds very expensive for a twin room.

Ah ha, good work. :pac:

No harm but that sounds very expensive for a twin room.

yeah, i understand where you're coming from but tbh i've had a scour on daft and most twin rooms i've come across are about 70 and up and they don't include bills or grub! we've got a really great location literally off the main street, and for bills and most grub included i thought it was fair enough especially if its just a short term thing.

For short term maybe but I pay €68 a week for my own double bedroom. Bills are about €40/50 a month (max).

How does the grub work? Are people taking turns to cook/do the shopping? Most students probably wouldn't be arsed doing it that way.

• Advertisement

For short term maybe but I pay €68 a week for my own double bedroom. Bills are about €40/50 a month (max).

How does the grub work? Are people taking turns to cook/do the shopping? Most students probably wouldn't be arsed doing it that way.

ahh listen I didnt post the notice to have a debate about it. thats what we have, it might suit some and not others,to each their own. it would probably be more like digs or something. if people are interested they can pm me if not they can disregard. lets just leave it there. thanks for your input.

Advertisement