Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

aineofla wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know what Maynooth Park,Moyglare,Parklands,Silken Vale,Straffan Wood and Castlebridge are like? And how far they are away from the college?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!;):)

They are all within walking/cycling distance of the college, all a little closer to the South Campus. They are located out by the train station, though the new Moyglare out that road is little further than the rest.
    You need to go to Maynooth and see for yourself, and don't worry, there are huge numbers of students living out that way so the walk is fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 aineofla

Thanks that helps..:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

did anyone not get any email at all?

i rang yesterday and they said i got on campus but now i didnt get any email and everyone i know who also got on campus got the email..

if you dont get on campus do you still get the email tellin you?

or is it hotmails fault..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

******ROOM TO LET******

Single room in a house with 4 lads, rent is €230 a month, in griffin Raith hall, has all mod cons including 14mb broadband with UPC, 20 minute walk to the south campus, a bit longer to the north campus, probably won't get a cheaper deal... only catch is that the room doesn't have a window! :)

PM if interested, no preference on gender, as long you're sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

UglyFuc wrote: »
    did anyone not get any email at all?

i rang yesterday and they said i got on campus but now i didnt get any email and everyone i know who also got on campus got the email..

if you dont get on campus do you still get the email tellin you?

or is it hotmails fault..

Don't worry, I rang and got on campus too. Went all the way up to pay the deposit in person and have a look around where I'd be staying only to find that they hadn't assigned rooms yet and were going to try and do that yesterday evening and have the emails out today.

They are rushed off their feet in there, only 3 people in a small office!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

I got offered Rye hall campus for 94 euro a week single

I wanted to get River campus sharing for the same price.

Anything i can do??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hungrygreeneye

going into first year but i didnt recieve campus
    are there any other first years looking to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Anything i can do??

Take it for now, you might like it, and if not the accom office could try swapping you. They were great about moving a couple of my friends around, though it took a week or two to get it sorted. Also it might be hard to get swapped into a sharing room, would you not feel more comfortable with a non-sharing anyway? :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anything i can do??

I highly doubt it. take what you're given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

What's Rye hall like anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 toby92

luv-eirexx wrote: »
    Don't worry, I rang and got on campus too. Went all the way up to pay the deposit in person and have a look around where I'd be staying only to find that they hadn't assigned rooms yet and were going to try and do that yesterday evening and have the emails out today.

They are rushed off their feet in there, only 3 people in a small office!!! :)
    Thats a relief, was getting worried why I hadn't gotten an e-mail saying where I was staying, hopefully they'll have them all assigned next week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Yo, there's gonna be a room free in my house from September 24th. The rent is 325 euro a month for a huge double room. Big house, huge garden, sharing with 2 postgrads and an international student. House has all mod cons. If you're interested send me a PM!

You guys are paying €1300/month? :eek:
    WOW, the tiger is not yet lifeless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You'll be lucky to get a job when it does recovery with poor powers of deduction like that ;) We don't all pay the same rent my friend. That's the master bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You'll be lucky to get a job when it does recovery with poor powers of deduction like that ;) We don't all pay the same rent my friend. That's the master bedroom.

Your point is ... ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm doing maths through arts, but I dunno what I need yet =/

Could be great though as I need to save as much money as possible :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

amyputz wrote: »

Are you ding pure maths or maths studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

amyputz wrote: »

Better to wait and see what your lecturer recommends, however I remember buying all the books for 1st year and it was the biggest waste of money, especially maths as there's a maths support centre and they are much better then any book.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I dont think Id have any 1st year maths studies books anyways. Mostly 3rd pure maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

It was maths studies, but thanks anyway, and also thanks for advice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Moomee

any clue what rye hall is like?

• Advertisement

Oh cool! what course r u doing? i got my acc on campus i think u can still apply , look on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tgav32

Hi all, have accepted Finance and Economics and I am going into my first year. Way too late now to get campus so I'm thinking of getting a house near the university! Would like fellow 1st year students for a house share so anybody interested just write to me,cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

My friend only applied for campus on Thursday and she got it...give it a shot, you've nothing to lose!

K4t wrote: »
    True

Partly true. Village is mostly same sex appartments but the top floors can be mixed. River and Rye are mixed. Village is the best craic though, can be a bit too wild for some though.
    and can u change rooms easily if u don't want it to be mixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Mixed equals sexy time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Thread closed, read the charter and the thread regarding books at the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nell 246

Hey,
    I am starting a postgrad in NUIM this Sept, I am looking for a room close to college, I don’t mind who I share with (ideally other postgrads or professionals) as long as I have my own room, female, friendly, I went to NUIG for my undergrad so don’t know anyone going to Maynooth to arrange accommodation with.
    all suggestions welcomed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 happydays33

I have room available outside manooth.. would need a car though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm a 3rd year CSSE student looking for a room for the first term of college with a slight possibility of needing it for the second term (this is due to work placement). I'm looking for somewhere with parking and a good internet connection. Distance from the college isn't a huge issue but the nearer the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 66357814

Looking for two people, either two friends or a couple to rent a large room with lots of cuboard space and an ensuite bathroom with electric shower. There are already two females living in the house. Lease is for the year. Contact me on 0876709031 if you are interested.

Advertisement