Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Only finished listening to yesterday's podcast and was that kid singing over two ad breaks ? Or was it just the gaps in the podcast ? And two digs at darcy yesterday. Was it me or did they not seem to be friends when they on today fm ? Couldn't see them going for pints. Or in foleys case a gin and tonic.

Haven't listened to yesterday's podcast yet, but IIRC on Friday he was giving a right dig at D'Arcy saying "I'll have you know I always found him to be approacable, friendly..." etc, etc. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I don't think they hate D'Arcy as such, I think they know he is easy to wind up. They also used to have digs at how much TodayFM used to put into the D'Arcy Show and how many staff it had, maybe Foley couldn't get the same? I've heard that they've never got on with Wil Hanafin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I dont think they hate each other, they just arent exactly friends. Remember one time on D'Arcy someone said the love the show bit. D'Arcy didnt seem impressed "yeah, yeah, wrong show." Or something like that. It sounded like a joke from the caller but D'Arcy wasnt impressed. That gave me the idea that they dont exactly like each other all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have to say I wasn't too gone on Philip Egan at the start, partially due to the fact that Adrian Barry was so great on the show.

But he's come out his shell a lot, and can be very witty.

Loved them on about how women in cars look at him like a criminal (primarily due to impressions from a shaved head) who's about to rob their car, and they lock their door, and that he can't even drive..

"If there was a kid in the car. Listen.. between the two of us, you reckon we could get things started?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Basq wrote: »
    Have to say I wasn't too gone on Philip Egan at the start, partially due to the fact that Adrian Barry was so great on the show.

But he's come out his shell a lot, and can be very witty.

Loved them on about how women in cars look at him like a criminal (primarily due to impressions from a shaved head) who's about to rob their car, and they lock their door, and that he can't even drive..

"If there was a kid in the car. Listen.. between the two of us, you reckon we could get things started?"

i think the problem at the start was that he wouldn't or wasn't given the chance to chatback after doing his bulletin . I do think them times are the best part of the show where they all have the shíts and giggles... then again it's all fun and games until someone giggles and shíts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lazy radio!!!!!!!!!! Well the gummi bears but it's a throw back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Lazy radio!!!!!!!!!! Well the gummi bears but it's a throw back to it.

Damn... the one day I forget my headphones! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭ofcork

Really missing the show reding this thread, come back to the national airwaves foley!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

i think the problem at the start was that he wouldn't or wasn't given the chance to chatback after doing his bulletin . I do think them times are the best part of the show where they all have the shíts and giggles... then again it's all fun and games until someone giggles and shíts

Yeah at the beginning they used to just mention that Deano was with them after the bulletin. You can imagine though that they were probably really missing Adrian, as he was excellent. It takes time to get to know how another person works, like every other life situation.

Agree though, Phil is starting to come out of his shell, and while he isn't as witty as Adrian was, he's very likeable and they all work well together. Himself and Deano in particular.

I only catch about an hour on and off of the show (dozing for the first part) but it is still the one that gives me a couple of proper laughs every morning, without fail so far.

As a result, I get some Dermot and Dave in the evening, which I also get a good laugh from. Both are similar, but different shows if ya know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

_feedback_ wrote: »

As a result, I get some Dermot and Dave in the evening, which I also get a good laugh from. Both are similar, but different shows if ya know what I mean.

Yeah love D&D. I switched it on 1 day to the folks in work and they just didn't get the humour of them. Couldn't understand it why not. Do people think they are like marmite?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Agree on Phil. Really starting to add to the show and I think he's a likable guy. The links out of the half past news are really some of the best they're doing, just them chatting and messing around. It'd be cool if Deeno could do her bulletins from the same studio instead of "The Dublin News Centre" (:rolleyes:) but I guess we can't have everything.

The Anglo tapes sketch they did earlier in the week was very funny too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah love D&D. I switched it on 1 day to the folks in work and they just didn't get the humour of them. Couldn't understand it why not. Do people think they are like marmite?

I hate when that happens. Did the same to a few mates with Hamish and Andy before and it just went down like a lead balloon. So I made new, funnier friends instead.

Jesus Wimbledon female player names. Deeno doesn't get through the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Only just caught the last hour or so of the show here, Foley's on fire. Funniest I've heard him in ages!

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Only just caught the last hour or so of the show here, Foley's on fire. Funniest I've heard him in ages!

Heard the last half hour and it was weird to hear the bits you don't hear in the podcast.

No podcast today then ? I know they were on as I heard them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

No podcast today then ? I know they were on as I heard them live.

Yeah was wondering where the podcast was alright. They posted a Soundclolud link to Twitter and FB earlier. I didn't check the link coz I always download it from iTunes. Don't know why it's not there :(

Yep.. normally rely on iTunes, but both the Facebook and Twitter linked to the SoundCloud link.. and my iTunes feed never updated.

Basq wrote: »
    Yep.. normally rely on iTunes, but both the Facebook and Twitter linked to the SoundCloud link.. and my iTunes feed never updated.

They addressed the iTunes issues as they got emails from people saying no podcasts when there were podcasts available. The system to get the podcasts up on itunes is linked to the 98fm site/app or something I don't know.

They addressed the iTunes issues as they got emails from people saying no podcasts when there were podcasts available. The system to get the podcasts up on itunes is linked to the 98fm site/app or something I don't know.
    I remember those e-mails but never had issues with my iTunes before today..

.. I think Suze, Shelley or Pat Balfe may have just slipped up and forgot to issue it on the feed.

• Advertisement

I thought the issue with the podcasts was that people were still subscribed to the old Today FM feed? Ray thought it was supposed to carry on but it didn't or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85335428&postcount=16
    98FM is currently looking for a Producer for The Ray Foley Show.

Are you a forward planner with attention to detail, have a good sense of humour & a potty mouth, are brimming with ideas, and want to hear your ideas on the radio?

Think you have what it takes to be part of Dublin’s newest breakfast show?

Send us on your CV, any relevant audio and your thoughts on the show to:

producerjob@98fm.com

Knowledge of Cool Edit/Adobe Audition is an advantage, but not essential. Personal hygiene is a bonus!

Closing date for applications is Friday July 12th.

I'm not sure if that is a new position, or if someone is leaving the production team? I don't get to hear much of the new show, but it sounded like they are settling in well recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

No podcast only today either ... booo

Skid X wrote: »

I'm not sure if that is a new position, or if someone is leaving the production team? I don't get to hear much of the new show, but it sounded like they are settling in well recently.

Should apply for the craic... If I got the job I could get rid of the kids bit... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I'm not sure if that is a new position, or if someone is leaving the production team?
    Maybe Producer Dave is leaving? He also runs a website and does bits for other stations so might do that full time?
    FunkyFoneBoyAl used to produce a previous breakfast show on the station but now works with Joe.ie so the long awaited reunion might not happen yet

Listening to Tuesdays podcast and did your man from the butchers not get some of the sausage jokes at the start ? The innuendo was brilliant though in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

16 year old me's actual dream job was to produce the blast or the Chris Moyles show. I might put in an application for the craic - I even have the desired Adobe Audition skillz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I just won a mug on the show for "guessing" that the songs he was playing were from 1999 at the end there. *cough*... Yay. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cromac

eh yeah ok....this fine monday morning.....I am now €100 richer (or €100 less poor!)..... go team me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

One day I'll summon the courage to do the Money Minute.

One day. :o

Advertisement