Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Or else no one is listening. :(

These threads are usually only used for complaints. That's why D'Arcy's is so active! Here, the less posts the better things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm listening to the podcast and you can tell that the lads are hitting the spot. Was interesting to hear how Deeno got that nickname and who it was. And the morning chorus is fun. And is it just me or is the music better on 98fm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And is it just me or is the music better on 98fm ?

:rolleyes: I was thinking the same thing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

And is it just me or is the music better on 98fm ?

Not yet unfortunately.... But it's not their fault

Did they bring Feedback with JP over from today fm? That was a good part of the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did they bring Feedback with JP over from today fm? That was a good part of the show

Yeah still on every Friday, they brought dj jayo, eh yeah ok and the Friday mix with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Even better is DJ Jayo twice a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Before, I downloaded the podcast everyday and listened to it religiously but lately I stopped downloading and I don't really miss it. Can't put my finger on exactly why but just feels like the magic is gone or something. Anyone else feel like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Before, I downloaded the podcast everyday and listened to it religiously but lately I stopped downloading and I don't really miss it. Can't put my finger on exactly why but just feels like the magic is gone or something. Anyone else feel like that?

I dont have time to listen to the podcasts but do listen on my way home every morning. Still think it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'm the same, was gutted when they left TodayFM, followed them to 98fm online as I'm not living in Dublin, and listen when I can in the mornings, but if I miss the show I don't mind whereas before I would have listened to the podcasts when I got home. Can't put my finger on it either. Maybe they are missing Ann. I miss The Gauntlet, that's for sure.

I like KC in the afternoons too so that has softened the blow I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I always listen between about 8:30am and 10am. Show is the best thing on by far. Wish it was still an afternoon show though as I would be able to listen to it all.

Zimbavwe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I see 98 have finally changed their fill-in policy; Claire Solan was covering Foley on Friday. Makes more sense than when they got Barry Dunne to do it and had Solan cover his show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Aw. :(

I was hoping they'd just forgotten to put up Friday's podcast and I'd be in for a double dose on Monday....

*sigh*

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Aw. :(

I was hoping they'd just forgotten to put up Friday's podcast and I'd be in for a double dose on Monday....

*sigh*
    Nope Clare solan mentioned she was filling in Friday as the lads were off due to a wedding which I know ray is going to but they didn't mention whether JP,was going. Denno wasn't invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Nope Clare solan mentioned she was filling in Friday as the lads were off due to a wedding which I know ray is going to but they didn't mention whether JP,was going. Denno wasn't invited.

Clare back covering for the show she actually hosted a few months back, how odd.

Good podcast only bit today I felt. Good podcast emails which were actually funny and witty unlike some of the ones that aren't great.

The groovy mama thing? What's that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The groovy mama thing? What's that about?
    Something from one of the podcasts that they're attempting to turn into a catchphrase. It's so ridiculously stupid that it ends up making me laugh.

I lost the earphones for my crappy phone (which has a smaller jack than usual so can't use regular earphones) so I haven't been able to listen to the show on my way to work this past week :( I miss it.

soc160 wrote: »
    Clare back covering for the show she actually hosted a few months back, how odd.

Foley actually mentioned 'bring back Aidan & Claire' during his 'texts from the Devil' gag the other morning... bit awkward when she's now his cover but how and ever....

• Advertisement

Listened to feedback from Friday and the bit about darcy is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jayo this morning: "We have a text here from Savannah in Kilnamanagh. She says, Jayo, I'd muuurder a cigarette now. I tried giving them up before using the patches, but I was still dying for a cigarette. I could only see out of one eye too.. going around like Gabrielle I was." :D

He had another good one but I forget it

Good long podcast only bit where they rang Claire solan during her covering for young dunne.

Also I get the impression while he is mostly joking about the iTunes mess there is slight bit of needle there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The kid today singing that Little Mix song through the ad break and beyond was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

That_Guy wrote: »
    The kid today singing that Little Mix song through the ad break and beyond was hilarious.

I Also enjoyed the little digs at D’arcy. Feedback on Friday was brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yeh he seems to be giving Darcy a lot of grief lately. Good on him. Darcy's turned into a twat the last couple of years

Liked the skit on the Anglo tapes this morning, classic Foley...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kid on the kids bit. "I'm going to Disneyland"

JP - "Will you bring me back a huge Mickey?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fair dues to the €5,000 winner.. was sure they wouldn't give it due to the slight inaccuracy on the Taylor Swift song.

• Advertisement

Only finished listening to yesterday's podcast and was that kid singing over two ad breaks ? Or was it just the gaps in the podcast ? And two digs at darcy yesterday. Was it me or did they not seem to be friends when they on today fm ? Couldn't see them going for pints. Or in foleys case a gin and tonic.

Advertisement