Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Heh, that was brilliant ringing yer wan on the podcast.

Although methinks they could potentially get in serious sh*t for it if some people with no sense of humour and/or an agenda listen.
    Well it sounded like they logged into the today fm system to get the number which may be a bit iffy and Ann seemed to distance herself from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it sounded like they logged into the today fm system to get the number which may be a bit iffy and Ann seemed to distance herself from it.

So they can't come up with their own ideas? Sad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Chris 80 wrote: »

You seem to be missing the point of the podcast only bit a... bit. :P

Well why rely on a previous station? The podcast is as much a reflection as to what goes on his show, on air. Is he a different station when he does a podcast?

Confused.

On the podcast they are ringing their close friends who work in today fm. I mean are they prohibited from talking to them on the podcast ? They don't mention today fm on air.

Also I liked that Deeno said happy birthday first even if the child might not realise it. It showed me that she is becoming more of the show. Why 98 fm management don't put Deeno back into the studio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Also I liked that Deeno said happy birthday fiA

Whats the point of radio if you only listen to podcasts? Just listen to podcasts.

Also I liked that Deeno said happy birthday fiA

Whats the point of radio if you only listen to podcasts? Just listen to podcasts.

That part was a live bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hahahahahahhahaha JP was in the closet ? Deeno got him with a beauty. I hope it's duck aswell otherwise that child has a filty vocab at one.

Thought that was very quick witted.

For those that didn't hear, it was opening a segment about paint colours in bedrooms (some silly survey)

Ray: <lovey dovey sound fx> "Welcome to my bedroom Deano - there's a nice picture, there's blah blah .... "

JP: (in bedroom) "Hello there"

Deano: "Ah JP, you're in the closet" :D

Ray cracked up laughing!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I think you're in college? Fair enough. And I think you're pretty together when it comes to radio. But I think that Ray Foley has moved to a station with a way older demographic. I'm 27 and the station is a bit old for me. It's trying to be young. But it's not. What to do to fix it? Young boy. Suggestions?????

You would have to wonder what demographic 98 are after. They're trying to be a bit of everything at the moment imo. The music is aimed at teenagers but they have Foley and Dermot & Dave who I presume they're aiming at 25-40. And then you have Seacrest. And the other crap that's on during the day. The station as a whole is all over the place.

Why so serious?

The part about the Louis Walsh boy band search and mairead Farrell is funny. Who does mairead work with that is small and has an attitude ?

Jayo was good as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

The Niall Horan skits are very funny! :)

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The Niall Horan skits are very funny! :)

Was there another one today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Was there another one today.

Yeah, I'd say there will be one every day this week as the competition doesn't finish til' Friday. Yesterdays was funnier, but the lads are really just having the craic since coming back after both Ray's illness and the JNLR's came out. Show is better now than it was before April/May imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

For once I didn't think their prank call was that funny (amounting to leaving a message on an answering machine), but their rendition of the West Coast radio jingle made up for it!

The Ray Foley Show Vidcast 2013.05.21 Tuesday.m4v

http://vimeo.com/m/66674902

So they have decided to start videoing the podcast AGAIN ? I honestly don't remember them doing it the first time but Jesus ray isn't carrying it well,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The baby planking story was hilarious :D

Couldnt stop laughing at the image of him karate chopping and punching the baby in the stomach to get him to bend.

Note: He didnt actually do that, before someone asks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Niles wrote: »
    For once I didn't think their prank call was that funny (amounting to leaving a message on an answering machine), but their rendition of the West Coast radio jingle made up for it!

I agree. The phonecall was a bit lame tbh, but it gave them the West Coast thing so I suppose it wasn't a total loss.

Also, I'm loving this Niall Horan thing. I mean, it's completely ridiculous but it's a good laugh. And Ray's Brian Boru song made me laugh so hard last night. :D

Was that first caller on ah yeah okay today a joke or was she like a dog of frogs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Was that first caller on ah yeah okay today a joke or was she like a dog of frogs ?
    Have you muscles?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No vidcast today? :(

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    No vidcast today? :(

They said they were videoing it.

John Paul of Dundalk is now an iPhone owner. Oh the mileage ray will get will be substantial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Link not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That video was so sweet, aww!!

Seren_ wrote: »
    That video was so sweet, aww!!

Was it ? I took it as video evidence by ray to guilt JP into getting a good present for his birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. just heard my e-mail read out on the podcast! :D

I particularly liked the Grindr nickname I chose.. "TonguePunchingTheFartbox"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Ah jaysus this thread has gone a little quiet - must be the fine weather :)

Ah jaysus this thread has gone a little quiet - must be the fine weather :)

Or else no one is listening. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Or else no one is listening. :(

Spot on.Foley needs too come "home" TODAY :)

Advertisement