Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Anyone know if they are off all week?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Anyone know if they are off all week?

Believe so. It was mentioned sometime recently that they had holidays coming up. Hopefully it's just the one week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Believe so. It was mentioned sometime recently that they had holidays coming up. Hopefully it's just the one week!

I know everyone is entitled to holidays, but I hate hearing my favourite presenters are off!! :pac: Especially since Dermot and Dave were off last week! My routine just isn't the same! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

With both Ray Foley Show and Dermot & Dave off, it's going to be very tough to listen to the station.

Claire Solan does the same with Dermot & Dave Show later on, in that she plays the "best" bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

To be fair Id say both The Foely crew and Dermot and dave are off at this point in time partly due to the timing of the JNLR, this quarters surveys would be just about completed with the results only around the corner. Their absence right now minimises any negative impact on JNLR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Bit confused by both Foley and Dermot & Dave being off. Claire Solon said last week she was just standing in for the two lads for the week and there were several ads over last weekend telling us to tune into The Ray Foley show on Monday from 6am. Leads me to think both sets of presenters saw the long term weather forecast and said f this I'm taking some time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

It's kinda bad that they have their and I
    Flagship shows
    off on holidays the same week. The mind boggles. Surely they're losing listeners this week, people who would usually tune in to either Foley or Dermot and dave ?

Dermot and Dave are off again this week? :(

Ugh, iTunes it is so, once KC finishes on TodayFM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Moncrieff is decent enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Dermot and Dave are off again this week? :(

Ugh, iTunes it is so, once KC finishes on TodayFM.

I switch straight too CSI O Callaghan on 4fm nice song along music till 5 does me great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Still at it today. I've heard him refer to them as 'the Foleys' at least 3 times within the last 10mins. Good work Brian.

Yeh noticed that too. On saving grace I find is that at least the fill-ins don't try to emulate Foley & JP too much, rather let the music and archive material do the work.

Yay "The Foleys" are back today....

also think they got new imaging for just after news

Finally

DING DONG Let's Play 7 Days IS BACK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Eh Yeah OK got a sexy new jingle.

I kind of like it.

Eh Yeah OK got a sexy new jingle.

I kind of like it.

If it was me playing they'd have to add in you can't say LIKE

I think with the whole new jingles they're trying to make Foley sound like Chris Moyles... good cheesy catchy jingles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That 'Eh Yeah OK' jingle is far too bloody long..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Unintentionally hilarious moment of the day was "Beckii with two I's"..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oxegen ticket competition.

"Look just tell me if I won will ya?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Funny skit of the voicemail singing the get rich or die trying jingle. Was it Ann Gleason?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Phil is actually funnier than Adrian Barry.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Phil is actually funnier than Adrian Barry.

I'd agree, but at the time he left Adrian probably had a better chemistry with the lads imo. I'm sure Phil will have the same in another few weeks though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I couldn't stop laughing during the "Texts from Madonna" bit. :D

I'm not really liking the new beds out of the news though... they're very... bassy or something and it just sounds out of place to me.

Those callers for the quiz today were very aggressive. "Ya having a dig ?"

Funny skit of the voicemail singing the get rich or die trying jingle. Was it Ann Gleason?

I believe it was Ann ya.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Those callers for the quiz today were very aggressive. "Ya having a dig ?"

He's from Limerick... I'm from Limerick .. You calling me agressive

YA HAVING A DIG AT ME? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Basq wrote: »
    That 'Eh Yeah OK' jingle is far too bloody long..

The 30 Rock music reminds me of when they were when Today FM... :(

Niles wrote: »
    The 30 Rock music reminds me of when they were when Today FM... :(

Speaking of Today FM
    JNLR figures for that slot where KC took over has dropped by 16000 versus that time last year when Foley was on .

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Speaking of Today FM
    JNLR figures for that slot where KC took over has dropped by 16000 versus that time last year when Foley was on .

36,000 for Ray at 98fm...ranked 6th in Dublin, pitty that 16,000 didn't follow him

Will he stay with 98fm or should he run very fast?

36,000 for Ray at 98fm...ranked 6th in Dublin, pitty that 16,000 didn't follow him

Will he stay with 98fm or should he run very fast?
    If memory serves me right.. now I may be wrong but weren't they the 7th in Dublin remember they were laughing and joking about it even had the liners as a joke to go with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭chilloutrelax

If memory serves me right.. now I may be wrong but weren't they the 7th in Dublin remember they were laughing and joking about it even had the liners as a joke to go with it

They could be 7th, i didn't count sunshine or similar :)

Advertisement