Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread - boards cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Managed to beat Wandering Wanders 31 - 12. It got quite interesting for a while there, I had an early lead, then his backs were taking me, then I looked away and somehow I made a comeback.
    Lot to take away from the match, my second string front row did a decent job and my 4th string kicker managed to convert every try. Pow.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Im really disappointed. The ****e team i set out were fighting so well. Stamina let them down.

24 - 25. Sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Im really disappointed. The ****e team i set out were fighting so well. Stamina let them down.

24 - 25. Sickened

Saw that. Looked like an exciting game though!! Result meant I went to the top of the league...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pool C is really shaping up nicely. Only few points separating top 5 teams.

• Advertisement

Pool C is really shaping up nicely. Only few points separating top 5 teams.
    Things are starting to take some shape now.

In pool A, Polk High look home and dry, with 6 of the trailing teams battling it out for the remaining 3 spots in the boards cup. Looks like Munster Mark II will be hard pressed to get off the bottom spot at this stage.

The Death Squad and Forza Juve are looking pretty comfortable in pool B. Killarney, the Fookers, Stab County, the Wanderers and XaviXI are all in with a shout of taking the one remaining Boards Cup place. Yermen need to climb two places to avoid a spot in the try harder trophy.

Pool C is still incredibly close, with five teams in real contention of taking the single qualification place. One will be awfully unlucky and find themselves in the try harder trophy.

Last three weeks should be interesting. With most people's cup run finishing up, I expect things will be getting a little sharper towards the business end of our season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Things are starting to take some shape now.

In pool A, Polk High look home and dry, with 6 of the trailing teams battling it out for the remaining 3 spots in the boards cup. Looks like Munster Mark II will be hard pressed to get off the bottom spot at this stage.

If i keep WNWIM, they have a chance! ;) haha! do the remaining pool A teams go into the lower cups or what happens? is my boards cup run over at the end of the pool stages!? :eek:

eoferrall wrote: »
    If i keep WNWIM, they have a chance! ;) haha! do the remaining pool A teams go into the lower cups or what happens? is my boards cup run over at the end of the pool stages!? :eek:

From Pool A:
    #1-4 qualify for the Boards Cup.
    #5-7 qualify for the Almost There Award.
    #8 qualifies for the Try Harder Trophy.

From Pool B:
    #1-3 qualify for the Boards Cup.
    #4-6 qualify for the Almost There Award.
    #7-8 qualify for the Try Harder Trophy.

From Pool C:
    #1 qualifies for the Boards Cup.
    #2-3 qualify for the Almost There Award.
    #4-8 qualify for the Try Harder Trophy.

Edit: Jonny beat me to it.

I'll add some lines to the league tables to indicate qualification in the next few days.

cheers Jonny, now that I see it I remember that being discussed previously!

cool beans - still have a trophy to win so! :D now will I still WNWIM near the end and when out of BR Irish cup... that is the question!!

• Advertisement

Top 3 teams from Pool B? Might be able to step off the gas and start fielding a 3rds rather than the 2nds for the last few. Does placing determine who's at home etc?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Top 3 teams from Pool B? Might be able to step off the gas and start fielding a 3rds rather than the 2nds for the last few. Does placing determine who's at home etc?
    The quarter final fixtures are seeded based on league points, then points difference, bt and so on. As it stands, you would be the first seed in the Boards Cup, so you would be at home to 8th seed, Killarney. (Killarney is just one point behind Grubber on points difference!)

Seeding for the semi finals are based entirely on the results of the quarters, and the final seeding is based on the semis.

The quarter final fixtures are seeded based on league points, then points difference, bt and so on. As it stands, you would be the first seed in the Boards Cup, so you would be at home to 8th seed, Killarney. (Killarney is just one point behind Grubber on points difference!)

Seeding for the semi finals are based entirely on the results of the quarters, and the final seeding is based on the semis.

Here's hoping Killarney hit on a losing streak, I've played Grubber too many times and I think the score is level at the moment. Danger Danger! Might have to throw a game or two to avoid that Mar-Z dastard! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

lost, but had pops all over the place from those on pitch so very happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Now all we need are some good looking trophies. Took a run at creating some a couple months and failed miserably :(

If someone gives me the dimensions I'll make them... I'm desperate for last year's Nearly There trophy!

If someone gives me the dimensions I'll make them... I'm desperate for last year's Nearly There trophy!
    The trophy image must be a PNG 28x43 pixels.
    And must include a 2px "outer-glow" shadow.
    See the one of the league or cup trophies for an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Thank you! I've no mission this year and I thought it was gonna be my luck that last years wouldn't materialise :)

Thank you! I've no mission this year and I thought it was gonna be my luck that last years wouldn't materialise :)

What do ya mean you've no mission? I thought your Div4 placing would have resulted in you storming the boardsie cup and claiming all sorts of shiny things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

What do ya mean you've no mission? I thought your Div4 placing would have resulted in you storming the boardsie cup and claiming all sorts of shiny things?

Been focusing on getting a decent Cup run this year, which is due to end next Wednesday unfortunately. So I'll be the Try Harder Cup this year, mind you if I do well it might be my hat trick lol!

• Advertisement

Oh, here's a few I hashed up a while ago.
    cup.pngcup2.pngcup3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Oh, here's a few I hashed up a while ago.
    cup.pngcup2.pngcup3.png

I'm fine with using those, better than nothing :)

the pre match analysis doesnt make sense. As an experiment i set my kicking to 0% and 100% attack yet it has me down for 81% kicking on the summary. am i reading it wrong? is it refering to another kicking stat?

the pre match analysis doesnt make sense. As an experiment i set my kicking to 0% and 100% attack yet it has me down for 81% kicking on the summary. am i reading it wrong? is it refering to another kicking stat?
    I think that refers to the teams recent success or otherwise at goal kicking.

as dave said its the kicking accuracy of the 5 matches previous it shows there.

Just looked at team and I made a f%&* up! somehow I managed to put a player in who is ok... but has 2 stamina... no where near my best 6 centers!!

Just looked at team and I made a f%&* up! somehow I managed to put a player in who is ok... but has 2 stamina... no where near my best 6 centers!!
    On the upside, if he survives the 80 minutes, he'll be well motivated to improve his standard of fitness :D

On the upside, if he survives the 80 minutes, he'll be well motivated to improve his standard of fitness :D

Tried training him when first promoted but no pops so stopped - clearly a tubby andy reid player! :D

:eek: Leaked three tries in five minutes against Orizio.
    29-7, 10 minutes left.

My trainee outhalf partially/entirely responsible for all three. He's getting some beating in the morning. I'm thinking run the front row at him for ten sessions on the trot. That'll learn 'im!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Dave, Dave, Dave...need some advice old chap?

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Dave, Dave, Dave...need some advice old chap?
    It's all gone wrong!

I'm off to have myself a little cry while I post (edit: )the results.

Advertisement