Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match thread - boards cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

results are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Really not happy with how my players played. 8 played worse than expected:rolleyes:

Was surprised alright. Considering I was fielding a fairly rag tag mix (esp in the backs), and our respective standings, I was expecting to lose TBH.

10 of my players played better than expected! Not bad attempt by some to get into the 1st team.

I think the penalty count of 22-2 against killed you just a little...assume you weren't playing "by the book"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

results are up.

Just noticed a tiny thing, Yerman should have 3 BL points but they currently have 1 BT and 2 BL but 3 losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

crisco10 wrote: »
    Was surprised alright. Considering I was fielding a fairly rag tag mix (esp in the backs), and our respective standings, I was expecting to lose TBH.

10 of my players played better than expected! Not bad attempt by some to get into the 1st team.

I think the penalty count of 22-2 against killed you just a little...assume you weren't playing "by the book"!!!
    Unfortunately not, my teams discipline is just bleedin awful. Trying to ship people in and out but its ridiculous prices for new players these days

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Just noticed a tiny thing, Yerman should have 3 BL points but they currently have 1 BT and 2 BL but 3 losses.
    Looks correct to me. They have two BLs- they lost two matches by 7 or less. They also have one BT - they scored four tries against XaviXI - it doesn't matter that they didn't win.

Glad to see you're paying attention though ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Well done Dave, well deserved win even if they BP was stolen from you.

Well done Dave, well deserved win even if they BP was stolen from you.
    Cheers dreamer. Looks like energy levels caught up with you at the end.
    Were you kicking everything? I've never seen meters kicked that high compared to meters run before.

Looks correct to me. They have two BLs- they lost two matches by 7 or less. They also have one BT - they scored four tries against XaviXI - it doesn't matter that they didn't win.

Glad to see you're paying attention though ;).

Oh ok, sorry I got that wrong, I thought the BT was rewarded for a win+four tries, didn't realise it was awarded for the tries alone. So does that mean it's possible to get a BT and a BL? So if you get more than four tries and lose within a converted try you get two points? This is yet another angle I have to consider in future, sheesh. Pesky rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Were you kicking everything? I've never seen meters kicked that high compared to meters run before.

Kicked a lot cos I'm playing about with a few different things and players. I've been stealing a lot of line out ball with my first second row so wanted to see how the seconds with the replacement hooker did. Now to work out what to play for the cup match.... don't want it to be my last!

So does that mean it's possible to get a BT and a BL?
    Spot on.
    Kicked a lot cos I'm playing about with a few different things and players. I've been stealing a lot of line out ball with my first second row so wanted to see how the seconds with the replacement hooker did. Now to work out what to play for the cup match.... don't want it to be my last!
    Your lineout is looking good alright. It beat the hell out of mine, and mine generally does pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So evidently this Grubber fellow LTNT'ed me. That simply isn't cricket old chap.

Orizio wrote: »
    So evidently this Grubber fellow manshamed me. That simply isn't cricket old chap.
    FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

So evidently this Grubber fellow LTNT'ed me. That simply isn't cricket old chap.

You scared the **** out of me when I read that. I had set up this match weeks ago at what I thought was wnwim as I'm in Oz at the moment and wasn't sure when I could get online.

Just checked and definitely used wnwim, I must remember to use this team and tactics again, experimenting and a small amount of squad rotation seem to have finally paid off. (did you try something different by the way, I'm very suprised by the result)

Turns out I'm a tactical genius when I play around without paying much attention :D

I was just about to say "I doubt it, he's in Oz at the moment..." but the lad got there himself before me. I must remind myself that they've got internet in Australia these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

bah - my second team lost with the last play of the game, after leading all game!

Time to run the b0llix off them in training next week to up their stamina a bit :)

Another game with a gigantic total kicking meteres, over 3200 total I think, which must be close to a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I was just about to say "I doubt it, he's in Oz at the moment..." but the lad got there himself before me. I must remind myself that they've got internet in Australia these days.

I thought for a minute after Orizio said it that I did it accidently and ruined my teams energy again but all was well

mar-z wrote: »
    I thought for a minute after Orizio said it that I did it accidently and ruined my teams energy again but all was well

So you just destroyed the mighty Orizion with WNWIM ? I'm impressed, it's like bloodying Xerxes! So he's NOT invincible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ali.hall

bah - my second team lost with the last play of the game, after leading all game!

Time to run the b0llix off them in training next week to up their stamina a bit :)

Another game with a gigantic total kicking meteres, over 3200 total I think, which must be close to a record.

It must have been an awful match, the ball kicked the length of the pitch nearly once every 2 minutes and it being slowly driven forward the rest of the time :D

It must have been an awful match, the ball kicked the length of the pitch nearly once every 2 minutes and it being slowly driven forward the rest of the time
    Im trying to replicate the style I'm used to watching in the magners league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

So you just destroyed the mighty Orizion with WNWIM ? I'm impressed, it's like bloodying Xerxes! So he's NOT invincible!

I was first, beat him in the league on WNWIM!;) lost and drawn also... fairly evenly matched!:cool:

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    I was first, beat him in the league on WNWIM!;) lost and drawn also... fairly evenly matched!:cool:

I now question his position as our spiritual leader

Ha my team this week is going to be so god awful. I LTNT'd in the week and failed :P

A lot of very poor players going out

No reply to my 'do you want to go wnwim' request - so Im getting a beating tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Pants. made a rake of changes to my team, but forgot to change my kicker and captain. Hmmm, could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

looking forward to my match with orizio. just checked the pre match summary and we're level on most things. should be good game but i owe him one from start of season when he beat me by 7pts. Lets Rock!

24-5 up against eoferall at half time. Not much in it, just seem to be making more ground in attack.

17 - 8 up at the half against ladyboys. I seem to be only winning because of the ruck and lineout. Beating me everywhere else. Theyve had a disallowed try aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

24-5 up against eoferall at half time. Not much in it, just seem to be making more ground in attack.

It's most likely as I am still playing a new defense - it's only on horrible at the moment but want to have it higher!

21 - 5 at the moment with Wandering Wanders. Looks quite ropey with the backs, but I chose my 2nd string front row and they seem to be destroying all before them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

won 25-10 but my idiot kicker has gone off the boil again. After a whole 2 weeks of playing well he's gone back to missing kicks in front of the posts again. Spanner!!

Advertisement