Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I feel like absolute sh1t today.

Yeah I here ya :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Giggedy

Needed to talk to someone , so glad I found this thread and I'm not the only one who feels crap. Don't think I can go to work tomorrow, afraid I'd burst into tears or something. It's such a pain in the ass! I know it's irrational but can't snap myself out of this bout of anxiety that started on Friday . Any suggestion on how to get through the week? Didnt sleep til 5 am last night

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Been crying for the past two days, was looking at tablets and wondering how many it would take to kill myself. Time to make that first doctor visit...

Hun , Im in the exact same boat . Life returns to normal but my life wont :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

cloud493 wrote: »
    10 months without self harm... Just trying to cling to that.

That's brilliant :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

cloud493 wrote: »
    10 months without self harm... Just trying to cling to that.

Well done mate, this is coming from an ex self harmer. Focus on the positive and fight the urge. I still get the urge when things are bad but I resist it and feel better for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Glad some posters are feeling good but i Could do with a wish right now....massive mood variations, massive massive anxiety about work tomorrow having not left the house for the weekend. no sleep will be gotten tonight

Cant pull myself out of bed but glad most others are doing well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Any got any experiences with sertraline?

Been on it for a while now and I've noticed my bladder has become a lot more sensitive.

didnt last 2 weeks on it the mood and impulses were dire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Been on it for a while now and I've noticed my bladder has become a lot more sensitive.

Was on it for a month or so,improved my mood a fair bit but gave me difficulty sleeping so was switched to citalopram.SSRI's effect everyone in different ways though.

Mention the bladder sensitivity to your doc and see what he/she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Anyone been on ciprapine?? only on it so no side affects as of yet for me.

That's what I was put on after sertraline,was on them (60mg) from January last year until December,didn't really do anything (good or bad) for me so the doc has me on effexor now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

That's what I was put on after sertraline,was on them (60mg) from January last year until December,didn't really do anything (good or bad) for me so the doc has me on effexor now.
    Cant understand why doctors keep patients on medicines that arent heloing for so long. 2-3months should be ample to assess if its helping. Did he not suggest adding another medication to the sertraline?

Also to the posters feeling well above, i think it is important to share how you are doing when things are going well. You rarely see posts on internet mental health forums about doing well as people tend to not visit such forums when they are well. It is good to give others hope that they too can be well in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Hi Guys.

Any support groups in Dublin that meet? This forum is my only outlet on the topic.

Im in a lesser of the bad places now... but I can hear the black dog scratching at the door.. and Im trying to get everything ready for when it gets in.

I can find a ton of info on addiction support groups but none on depression. I did St. Catherines in Tallaght last year.. no offence to them, they were great, but it didn't help.

I would much prefer a group experience, like this forum. Because when I read it, it lets me know I'm not alone.

cojack101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.

Any support groups in Dublin that meet? This forum is my only outlet on the topic.

Im in a lesser of the bad places now... but I can hear the black dog scratching at the door.. and Im trying to get everything ready for when it gets in.

I can find a ton of info on addiction support groups but none on depression. I did St. Catherines in Tallaght last year.. no offence to them, they were great, but it didn't help.

I would much prefer a group experience, like this forum. Because when I read it, it lets me know I'm not alone.
    There is loads of meetings in Dublin city centre AFAIK. Dublin cental mission on Abbey Street beside LUAS seems to have all sorts of support groups. Also St Patricks hospital Dublin 8 has regular groups of Aware meetings and lectures that are open to public.
    Check aware website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

. I did St. Catherines in Tallaght last year.. no offence to them, they were great, but it didn't help.

There myself at the minute, lovely people.

Cannot sleep for the life of me. So incredibly tired, I think the last good nights sleep I got was after getting all of my wisdom teeth out in august! Spent hours last night bordering on the edge of sleep only to be jolted awake by little panic attacks. Dreams are considerably more lucid and strange when I do finally get to sleep too.. It's like because my brain's not.. Relaxed or whatever for a considerable amount of time that it's just my body resting and not my mind.

talullah wrote: »
    Anyone been on ciprapine?? only on it so no side affects as of yet for me.

I was on it five years ago (different brand, same chemicals) with no effect whatsoever, side or otherwise. Hope it works for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Cannot sleep for the life of me. So incredibly tired, I think the last good nights sleep I got was after getting all of my wisdom teeth out in august! Spent hours last night bordering on the edge of sleep only to be jolted awake by little panic attacks. Dreams are considerably more lucid and strange when I do finally get to sleep too.. It's like because my brain's not.. Relaxed or whatever for a considerable amount of time that it's just my body resting and not my mind.

I hear you. I've spent many a night at the garage by the spawell or walking Tesco Dundrum.

Try listening to a guided relaxation video on youtube. Focusing on and being mindfull of your breathing can help distract you from anxious thoughts.

• Advertisement

Try listening to a guided relaxation video on youtube. Focusing on and being mindfull of your breathing can help distract you from anxious thoughts.

I've a few apps downloaded onto my phone that have some nice ones, just a bit afraid that I'll get panicky if the focus is so intently on myself, if that makes sense. Think it's time to bring the dog for a walk.. The poor thing'll be so confused!

I've a few apps downloaded onto my phone that have some nice ones, just a bit afraid that I'll get panicky if the focus is so intently on myself, if that makes sense. Think it's time to bring the dog for a walk.. The poor thing'll be so confused!
    You have to constantly return your mind to something like the movement of your abdomen as you breathe or on a mantra like "relax" which you keep repeating in your mind as a distraction.

You have to constantly return your mind to something like the movement of your abdomen as you breathe or on a mantra like "relax" which you keep repeating in your mind as a distraction.

Yeah, I understand. For the last few weeks I spent in Pieta House last year there was a group of about six of us and two therapists, and mindfulness featured a lot. It's amazing how something so basic can affect and help really. Right now a walk might be the best option though! So on that note, I bid ye a good night.

Hi Guys.

http://www.aware.ie/help/support_groups_map/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

I was on it five years ago (different brand, same chemicals) with no effect whatsoever, side or otherwise. Hope it works for you though.

Aw hopefully it will work, not in a good place at all right now. Its so annoying when you feel yourself slipping again and there's no amount of fighting against it will stop it, had been doing well for quite a while :(

Having a downer of a day:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

talullah wrote: »
    Aw hopefully it will work, not in a good place at all right now. Its so annoying when you feel yourself slipping again and there's no amount of fighting against it will stop it, had been doing well for quite a while :(

What doesn't work for someone else might work great for you. Best of luck on it :)

Have my appointment at the end of this month, hoping for a change in my sleeping pill as the Stilnoct have lost their punch.

sertraline,

worst drug ever imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Kaching wrote: »
    worst drug ever imo

I have been on sertraline for 6 weeks now and have had no side effects what so ever thankfully. Thats in sharp contrast to mirtazapine, trazodone and escitalopram which alll gave me terrible side effects and I had to stop taking them. So far so good on the sertraline, really shows how everyone reacts differently to these meds.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement