Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

girlonfire wrote: »

I'm hiding out today and tonight. Can't bear the thoughts of a night out.

I'm the same, I was meant to stay with the folks for a few days but ended up heading back to my own place earlier today just to have some time to myself.
    Not sure what to do about New Years, I was meant to be heading out but not really in the mood for it, but can see myself staying in by myself and feeling sorry for myself. Kinda of damned if I do, damned if I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I know. I dread the thoughts on NYE. Don't know what to do with myself and I've got excuses coming out of my ears at this stage. I hear ya though - It's not the best either way.
    I want to go back to my own place as I'm finding it impossible to keep up appearances at home. I keep telling myself I'll bury my head in the books for my impending exams, but my ability to concentrate on anything is poor enough at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Aye New Year's eve will suck.

I keep telling myself I'll bury my head in the books for my impending exams, but my ability to concentrate on anything is poor enough at the moment.

I'd been planning to head back to college last September but that fell through, kinda envious that you have books to bury your head in!! I'm kinda thinking I should head out, at least then if I have a crap night I can say well I did make an effort, although being off the drink I can imagine it being a bit head wrecking if everyone else is hammered.
    Tell you what send me on of your books and I'll write up some notes for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

My back is still fairly sore, looks like Il be heading to the surgery in the new year. Otherwise Im feeling ok, did some shopping and treated myself.

The Lyrica I am on for anxiety seems to be working well, Im a lot calmer these last few days. Dreading NYE, think Il stay in with some dvd's.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

• Advertisement

Temaz wrote: »
    My back is still fairly sore, looks like Il be heading to the surgery in the new year. Otherwise Im feeling ok, did some shopping and treated myself.

The Lyrica I am on for anxiety seems to be working well, Im a lot calmer these last few days. Dreading NYE, think Il stay in with some dvd's.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Sorry to hear about the back man, hope it gets sorted soon :)

I'm on Lyrica myself too, takes it with others - once it keeps the wolves from the door I'm happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Am I the only one that seems to find nightclubs really lonely places? Last night I had a very strange moment, I suddenly had a desire to kill myself, just out of the blue because I've been feeling okay for a while. And I wasn't even drinking:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

You're not the only one with that desire last night

Gillo wrote: »
    I'd been planning to head back to college last September but that fell through, kinda envious that you have books to bury your head in!! I'm kinda thinking I should head out, at least then if I have a crap night I can say well I did make an effort, although being off the drink I can imagine it being a bit head wrecking if everyone else is hammered.
    Tell you what send me on of your books and I'll write up some notes for you!

Be warned. There's a very real possibility I'll hunt you down and take you up on that!

Went to the docs with my back. Luckily it's nothing serious but I have very bad bruising and it will be a few weeks until I can go for runs/walks.

The upside is I got some strong painkillers!!

Mood wise Im doing ok. Anxiety wise Im also ok, god bless Lyrica.

Hope everyone is doing well and holding on.

• Advertisement

Be warned. There's a very real possibility I'll hunt you down and take you up on that!
    Oh goody!!! What are you studying? I'll have one with pictures please...

I'd forgot to mention that I've been told that I have to go and see the company doctor in the new year regarding my depression. I had been in hospital in August and they (work) took the sick note fine, since then I haven't had any time off and fell I've been performing ok in work. Just curious has anyone else had to see a company doctor (at the request of the company) and if so what does it involve? TBH I'm a little anxious that they may decide either I'm not fit to work or should be transferred to a quieter branch.

Other than that my moods ben ok the last while, a bit low but generally christmas went ok, just have to tackle New Years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

I was refered to the company doctor due to absentism due to depression....it went ok...I think they refer you just to cover themselves and also to check were you really sick with depression ? Did you tell them you had 'depression'? think they may also ask you is there anything they can do to assist you at work. BTW dont be fooled into thinking they actually care about you or your illness, they usually are only checking up on your ability to work for them. Best of luck ;=)

Has anyone here been taken aside by there boss and told their work wasnt up to scratch and asked by their boss to take a few months sick leave due to 'anxiety or depression' ?
    Isnt it usually the ill person who requests sick leave and are not requested by their boss to take sick leave...
    Could the employer be trying get rid of the person?
    Has anyone any expierence of this?
    If so what was the outcome plse?
    Any thoughts welcome?
    Thanks

Has anyone here been taken aside by there boss and told their work wasnt up to scratch and asked by their boss to take a few months sick leave due to 'anxiety or depression' ?
    Isnt it usually the ill person who requests sick leave and are not requested by their boss to take sick leave...
    Could the employer be trying get rid of the person?
    Has anyone any expierence of this?
    If so what was the outcome plse?
    Any thoughts welcome?
    Thanks

Hard to know what to make of that situation to be honest and not sure I could offer any advise. Try not to be pressured into making a decision though.

Thanks for your post, in answer to your question that's kinda of what I am afraid of happening with myself.
    Does your boss have examples of why it's not up to scratch?

How's everyone's NYE going? Having a quiet one with some dvd's, feeling pretty good but glad xmas is finally over! Enjoy all.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

NYE is the worst day ever !! I much prefer Xmas .
    Xmas is about family. NYE is the night everyone spends with their lovers getting knocked up or whatever and NYE is the day set to remind us all how sh*t it is being single :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Will be getting drunk by myself tonight and pretending that next year will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Will be getting drunk by myself tonight and pretending that next year will be better.

Here's your brother i'm in the same boat tonight oh well have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Hello where you in hospital because of the depression ? Did you tell your job your were in because of the depression

As others have said i think they want you to see their doc their reason is to cover themselves not anyone else

Just a quick note would their doc be able to say you were depressed or not. Or would you have to be refered to a psych doc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I should be pretty excited right now; I'm going to China soon and I'm applying for a Masters over in England which I'll hopefully get. 2012 should be a good year.

But I can never be happy New Year's Eve. Ever. Like I almost started crying a minute ago for no particular reason other than "it's NYE tonight". No matter how much I have to look forward to, all I can ever do on NYE is look back over the stuff that's gone on in the past. I'll think about things I regret, things I lost, mistakes I made, people I let down, people who let me down...and it all just makes me feel like crap.

Which is why I'm in bed right now and making sure my light is turned off before midnight. I don't wanna be awake when fireworks go off and everyone's acting happy. :( I'll probably be ok when I wake up tomorrow but from now until I manage to get to sleep all I'm gonna think about is how shít this night is and how depressed it makes me. :(

Oh goody!!! What are you studying? I'll have one with pictures please...

Wonderful! I'll send you on an illustrated copy of Paradise Lost and if you wouldn't mind sending me back a synopsis of some sort:D
    Hope all goes well with the company doctor Gillo. I've not been in that position myself before so I'm not sure what you'd expect but best of luck with it.

And so it's all over for another year again, Thank f***! It's been a tough one.
    Happy New Year to you all:) I hope 2012 brings better things for everyone.

Happy new year everyone! Let's hope we have a good year!!

Think this year is getting off to a fineeeee start ;)

Well, I think it's written by Dante??? is that a start?

Back on topic... 2011 for me started off great but the second half was pretty crap so like a lot of posters here I'm glad to see the back of it I'm glad to see the back of it and hoping that 2012 is a better year, however I don't believe in changes just happening and that if you want something to turn out different you have to make the changes so I'm curious though what are other posters hoping for or planning to do.

Obviously I'd love not to be depressed the majority of the time, but I've set myself a few definite goals;
    run a marathon- this isn't actually about running the race itself but about applying myself to and sticking with a training schedule so I've something to focus on throughout the year
    head back to college- this fell through last year but I'm determined to study something this year

I've a few other ideas I'm playing with too but I figure both of these are a good start.

Thanks for your post, in answer to your question that's kinda of what I am afraid of happening with myself.

Hi, sorry for delay in getting back, boss said nothing specific just not up to par with rest of employees ? maybe not as quick to get work done....

dont worry in advance about something like that....ps if you are worried you could always ask your boss or next in line are they happy with your performance andything they'd like you to do differsnt?......then at least if they say everything is grand you wouldnt need to worry......
    or maybe just leave things be and if they have a problem they would come to you...

thanks for your reply btw.....'-)

bob50 wrote: »
    Hello where you in hospital because of the depression ? Did you tell your job your were in because of the depression

As others have said i think they want you to see their doc their reason is to cover themselves not anyone else

Just a quick note would their doc be able to say you were depressed or not. Or would you have to be refered to a psych doc

Hi ;-) I think your asking Gillo the original poster on this topic.....

but just to let you know re my own situation out of interest....

in ans to your ques I think the company doc needs it confirmed by a psych.
    But initially yes the company doc was satisfied i was ill and certified leave....
    in the longer term they wanted the psych doc opinion to back their decision up....

the company doc did want my to attend a psyc doc, I had just been refered to one by my own gp, to get me out of my depression. At the time I agreed to my companies doc liasing with my pscyh doc, they soley confirm you have a problem, and go into no personal details, they may comment as to whether work is effecting the situation or not.....

its funny though even now I will meet a new gp, and when they go to filll out the sick cert they will say tell them (work) as little as possible about your personal situation/illness where as another doc will think be open and honest thats the only way to stop mental illness and depression being so stigmatised ??

what do ye think?

PS what is your situation? why are you so worried ?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm losing all my friends, I just cannot deal with things. I hate feeling everything so much. sick of being down. sick of feeling like i'm a **** person, but it appears to be true. i'm tired of having nobody I can trust. I'm just here. there's nothing more than day to day surviving, hoping that bad things won't happen, so i do just get on with aiming to wake up tomorrow. there isn't any reason. i think it's just standard for people to try convince you there is one. but really, for me there isn't. it's just surviving. it's not living, good things just don't happen to me.

• Advertisement

^^^^ thank you for voicing my thoughts , pm me if you need

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement