Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Zimovane made me feel awful, used to get such a horrible taste in my mouth, and felt so groggy.
    Took a 10mg stilnoct the other day, when it finally kicked in, i got 4 hours sleep from it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Zimovane made me feel awful, used to get such a horrible taste in my mouth, and felt so groggy.
    Took a 10mg stilnoct the other day, when it finally kicked in, i got 4 hours sleep from it :mad:

I used to get a metallic taste in my mouth with zimovane, it was horrible! Couldn't sleep on it either, it made me feel very jittery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I used to get a metallic taste in my mouth with zimovane, it was horrible! Couldn't sleep on it either, it made me feel very jittery.

Yeah me too. Slept grand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Gillo wrote: »
    I used to sleep a bit later, but found it a nightmare to properly wake up, no hassle getting up and out of bed but felt groggy for a few hours. Have you been on it long?

Yep, I almost feel drunk for an hour or two in the morning. I've been on it 3+ weeks now.

Ugh, there's nothing worse. Hope you sleep better tonight. I used to take Stilnoct but found the hangover effect the next morning too much.

Yeah, it tends to leave a metallic taste in my mouth too. Desperate stuff altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Id get the metal taste 20 minutes after taking it and couldn't get rid of it the whole next day .
    Had to throw them away in the end, couldn't stand the taste

• Advertisement

Id get the metal taste 20 minutes after taking it and couldn't get rid of it the whole next day .
    Had to throw them away in the end, couldn't stand the taste

I think I took them with orange juice or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Totalelf

jammstarr wrote: »
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Have you ever attended the Dean Clinics before jammstar?

I think there is one in Cork now.

I haven't no. I've only to a clinic locally and for nutrient therapy. I was just thinking (posting?) out loud - even though my own problem seems really bad it might not be as severe as other's.

If you feel you would benefit from inpatient care, ask your GP to refer you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

If you feel you might benefit from inpatient care, ask your GP to refer you. I tried to cope on my own but it was getting harder and harder for me.

No I wasn't even saying that. I was simply noting how for some inpatient care is mentioned straight away while such as in my own case it was never mentioned at all.

Totalelf wrote: »
    flyswatter wrote: »
    I can give my thoughts on the bed setup, hope you don't mind nesf.

They have individual rooms with I think 3 sections of 4 beds which are kind of open style.

They usually put you in the public beds first then you get a room.
    Thanks for that,, feeling so low.

Do you mean partition type rooms?

Do you mean partition type rooms?

The individual private rooms are what they are.

The shared spaces are partitioned. It's like a large room with 4 beds (or is it 6, pretty sure it's 4), partitioned with curtains yes, 2 beds on each side.

Like so:

Bed 1: Bed 2:

Bed 3: Bed 4:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

@crunchyogurt - I could have written that exact post a few years ago. I think going to your doctor would be a good idea. Your parents might react a lot better them you think, mine did and I had spent years not dealing with stuff because I thought they would give out and not believe me. Things do get better x

@goat the dote - welcome :) have you ever seen a therapist or doctor about your depression? Does your wife know how you feel? One of the worst things about depression is not thinking you're worth people caring about you, but you are.

hi again, im the wife ;) , husband knows but doesnt "get" it the way someone with depression gets it.
    seeing GP, Psychiatrist, private psychiatrist, community nurse, was getting counselling but the counsellor was useless, cant afford another one at the mo. on medication, finally on lexapro and lamictal, having tried effexor and zispin (disaster)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Husband had a six week stay in the Dean Clinic(st pat's).He shared a room with one other Man just a curtain dividing them some rooms had a few more beds in them.He didn't mind sharing at all and just remember when you are there everyone else is there for more or less the same reason.He took his lappy and lots of homely stuff with him.A quick note to pass on to visitor's you can get a weekly parking ticket for 10 or 20e instead of paying by the few hours it cost me a fortune the 1st week,When you met some other people there you will settle and find lots to do.Best of luck.

If i can help with anymore info just ask.

triona1 wrote: »
    Husband had a six week stay in the Dean Clinic(st pat's).He shared a room with one other Man just a curtain dividing them some rooms had a few more beds in them.He didn't mind sharing at all and just remember when you are there everyone else is there for more or less the same reason.He took his lappy and lots of homely stuff with him.A quick note to pass on to visitor's you can get a weekly parking ticket for 10 or 20e instead of paying by the few hours it cost me a fortune the 1st week,When you met some other people there you will settle and find lots to do.Best of luck.

If i can help with anymore info just ask.

The Dean Clinics are the clinics used by the hospital consultant psychiatrists/psychologists.

You must be referring to the hospital itself.

Yes flyswatter your correct,Sorry for giving the wrong info there.It is the hospital i'm referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Thanks Nesf, did you have indivual rooms or is it dorm style. So nervous about going in, but glad to be getting help. I feel sick at the thought but know I have to do it. It's the explaining to family that gets me, I wish I could just go in and not have to say a word, but unfortunately my absence will be noted.

Initially I was in a ward for observation and then after a few weeks I was given my own room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Taking a day off to see my doctor at the clinic, here's hoping
    it goes ok!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What a rough night :( Somewhere around 2 or 3 i suddenly convinced myself i was going to die of a heart attack paralysed for the night - and of course at work i DO NOT want to go through that again.

Went ok, got put on Cipramil so fingers crossed I improve.

Thanks for the replies, Flyswatter, Triona1& Nesf. I'm sick with nerves even though I have spent six weeks in StJog some years back. Told my kids today and they are incredibly supportive.
    I don't really mind if I'm sharing, but I'm
    so shy and a bit of a loner, I'd be afraid I'd have to make conversation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Try not to worry about that (easier said than done I know). I'm sure others there will be just as nervous too so ye might find a common ground soon enough. Best of luck in there :)

• Advertisement

Try not to worry about that (easier said than done I know). I'm sure others there will be just as nervous too so ye might find a common ground soon enough. Best of luck in there :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Seconded. It's odd how easy it can be to talk in there.

Can i just ask not to be quoted please.
    I may remove my posts in case of to much info.If it was about myself i would not request this.

@Totalelf.
    Its very much the same as st Jog really.Its great you have family support and the kids on your side will be much easier,My husband is a loner also that's why i went to every hospital(a total of 4 different one's many times) he was in everyday but he did make friends quickly just one or two.Most of the hospitals he was in did not encourage friendships im unsure why,Im guessing sharing problems maybe and then feeling the want to help other's.Did not happen to my husband but did to me ended up every morning bringing in mcdonalds brekkie for most people.

I'm a bit confused with the clinic bit as my husband was on a ward/floor called the Dean so i'm hoping i'm just making you feel a bit better.You will be grand and most of my husbands treatment involved thinking time so you can use that as an excuse to keep to yourself all will understand.
    You will be fine and brand new coming out well done and the best of luck.:)

Tríona , that ward is probably the Dean Swift ward.

That's the one flyswatter.I get confused with all the different hospitals he has been in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

pejay wrote: »
    i am on lyrica and find it great what dose are you on

hi im on 150 mg a day. also now added centrax to the mix overwhelming anxiety has been causing me great distress. I've been on an internet break for the last few days. Had to stop looking up things that were making me worse.
    Meeting with the company doc tomorrow im dreading this.wont get a wink of sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paddylanger

Anyone feels that depression and anxiety is how we have brainwashed ourselves?

must be the crappiest cult in the world! lol

just feel that my senses are programmed to view the world differently for some reason. But i have had lifelong depression and anxiety since i was a kid, in fact it was until recently that i thought i was born this way.

So if i can't change the world then i have to try n change myself, its the only thing i seem to have some control over. Although at times the depression has made me feel i don't even have control over that.

been in therapy for over a year n today was the first time i got proper overwhelmed n cried in front of someone else. Normally crying is a private thing for me n even Xmas was the last time i came close to tears .

Although i don't know everyones individual issues , our collective consciousness's do share the sense of lows of depression and roller coasters of anxiety. So although they are poxie things to have in common with eachother. in lots of ways we are not so different from others as our thoughts often try to fool us to believe.

Thanks for that Triona1, just waiting for the call from St Pats to let me know when I have to go in.

Have a bad headache from coming off Lustral ffs.

• Advertisement

I just feel zapped today. Don't feel like doing anything or talking to anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement