Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

girlonfire wrote: »
    Feeling really s*** at the moment. It's so annoying when things are going really well, only to be followed by a low. I know it's important to appreciate the good times while they last. I'm just finding it hard to be positive at all of late. Flare-up of eating disorder behaviours, which I know is entirely my own fault and within my control to change. But I'm not changing it:(

I am relapsing hard also! My support group doesn't run through the summer, but I can go see my psychologists one on one no problem, just don't want to yet..... Won't go into detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I am relapsing hard also! My support group doesn't run through the summer, but I can go see my psychologists one on one no problem, just don't want to yet..... Won't go into detail.

Hi,

I dont want to use a lot of quotes or I could be awake all night. I just want to say that I think you all have great minds and imaginations just in making up you're nicknames alone. Took me six months to make up a nickname and I am around a hell of a long time, here in the universaty of life. Goodnight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Never liked sleep anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Feeling very lonely and isolated today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Feeling very meh today. Didn't sleep so well last night and have come home for a few days to take care of things. Just not feeling it at all, having various worries about almost everything.

Things are going ok with the psychologist, but it's obvious to me that I'm going to need more than the 6 initial sessions she suggested. I'm not surprised and I definitely don't feel fixed. I seem to have a lot of self-esteem issues and just feeling worthless about myself at times. She seems to think I have a low-level depression too which isn't really a shock.

I'm just glad I have Zyprexa to fall back on when I start to worry about stupid things and get stressed. I've been doing well for this past week or so and haven't needed it but a few things today sort of set me off again.

I'm wondering will I ever be normal though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

I am so tired of fighting these anxious feelings. Just when you think that everything is going ok, the rug is pulled out from under me again. I don't know how many times I can pick myself up, only to be kicked in the teeth and put back to square one all over again. It's exhausting.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Aaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:mad:

Phew, glad that's out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Something I know, people on facebook, and in irriating memes, they talk about being lonely, cos they don't go out what, 1 night out of 7, or they say they have no mates cos they're in an argument with someone? They have no idea how it feels to be lonely. Truly, lonely. And I got blood on my jeans, wrecked now. Didn't even do it on the leg.

I hear ya cloud. Facebook and what people put up on there means very little imo. Are you okay?

Yeah, I'm fine right now. Yourself girlonfire?

• Advertisement

Good. Make sure you're taking care of yourself. I'm doing alright. Little things are getting me down but I'm taking some sound advice I received earlier to set myself small goals to achieve. Just going to take it easy for the next few days. Thanks Cloud,x.

Sounds like a plan, hope it works out for you :) I always do, can't be doing with infections or whatever.

Glad to hear that. I've had to deal with infections (back when I was actively self-harming) and as you know it isn't pretty, so it's positive that you're preventing that.
    Have yo looked into any group or anything like that that helps to deal with self-harming? Or is that not your thing?

Talking about it isn't my thing really. I've been trying to stay out of this thread, cos I decided since its my choice to do it, I don't have the right to moan, but its just a bad night.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Haven't been in the mood to post. Took a sleeping tablet, slept from 1am-4am. That about sums things up for me at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Haven't had the energy to post the last while. Saved it all for a wedding i had to go to during the week, back to the couch now drained. The good news is i seemed to have made it through with flying colours which has me happy enough. Felt like i passed a big test. How is everyone else? Thread has kind of gone a little quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Made a heroic effort to try and patch things up. Made the mistake of thinking I had a meaningful friendship with a girl I've known for 6 years, rather than it being exactly the same as any other breakup anywhere, ever. All I can do is laugh. I've already severed ties with any other friends, which really wasn't hard. None of them have even taken the time to ask me if I'm ok.

Going to contact some of the colleges around Dublin during the week and see what's involved in arranging to have my body donated to medical research.

I feel lucid & happy. I'd like to try the medical route again for the sake of others, but it's simply too expensive. It's not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Totalelf

On a total low all day, no energy or interest in anything. Feel like kicking the cr*p out of something. Just taken my meds so hopefully I'll sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

an absolute total mess and manic idiot, been talking to the lovely people at the samaratins for the last few days via email. things i wouldnt feel comfortable opening to here. wen will this lift eh?
    ill probably me jobless boyfriend less and familyless if they knew what was going through my mind.why is this **** still so taboo...id love to shout it from the bottom of my heart what im feeling but id probably be sectioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I thought i was kicking ass with this but it looks like im not.

I was feeling strange all week but i just continued on instead of taking any notice of it. But even during this week i felt a little sad but i did something to take my mind if it. Then i do something stupid and then everything hits me so i cried for a bit last night in bed. I have not cried in a while but i did feel like crap when i woke up but i felt like some of the negative energy i had built up was released!!

I need to start talking more and ignoring the weird feeling and the sadness. I hate crying and i dont want it to build up and cause another breakdown, one major one was enough for me, the "mini" ones i can handle to an extent..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I'm in a low. I'm not sleeping properly & I'm due a trip to my GP but I can't face him. Seeing my psychologist this week too. Only thing that helps me sleep is lexotan but I don't like taking it unless I'm in a panic. I'm on zyprexa & lexapro also - depression & anxiety with also ridiculously awful nightmares and night terrors. Past few nights not sleeping at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Have some stuff going on tomorrow that I'm dreading.

Sorry to hear so many are having a tough time sleeping at the moment. The lack of sleep always makes a bad situation worse.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night.

I know it's early on in the night but I can't nod off. I need my 8 hours - and I know when I eventually nod off it will be fitfull sleep while dreaming of bad things :(

More of a question. For those of you who are on anti-depressants, did a regular GP prescribe them or did you have to see a psychiatrist?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

G-Money, my gp prescribed for me, depending on the severity of the condition there may then be a referral to further assistance be that hospital or private is up to the individual case.

As always, if in doubt head for the gp, an online forum can't help with diagnosis, but we're always here for moral support.

Grem

Yeah no worries, I was just wondering is all.

I'd another bad night :( and today is bad as my boss is on holidays so I've no motivation to do any work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hersheys wrote: »
    I'd another bad night :( and today is bad as my boss is on holidays so I've no motivation to do any work :(

Join th club. Although the boss is as bad as I am for not wanting to work today which is great. I can honestly say we've done nothing so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Feeling really good to be honest, new medication is kicking in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Been to the gp first thing this morning. Being referred to pyshciatrist as I cannot pull out of this episode, she thinks its possible I may have become immune to my anti-depressent as been taking for 10+years no or I need a re-evaluation of diagnosis.
    Hopefully something will change soon before I go into complete meltdown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement