Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Crap start to the day, I've been doing a share purchase scheme in work which is due to mature in three months, hadn't checked it in ages so did todau, it's only gone and lost just over 33% of what I put in. There goes a few plans I had!!

Picked up this evening though, I had my first training session boxing and apart from feeling wrecked, I'm in a high. It's only for six weeks but if it keeps like this I'd nearly consider taking it up as a hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gillo wrote: »
    Crap start to the day, I've been doing a share purchase scheme in work which is due to mature in three months, hadn't checked it in ages so did todau, it's only gone and lost just over 33% of what I put in. There goes a few plans I had!!

Picked up this evening though, I had my first training session boxing and apart from feeling wrecked, I'm in a high. It's only for six weeks but if it keeps like this I'd nearly consider taking it up as a hobby.

Well shares go up and down don't they, you never know :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mild weather has me cranky and i'm back in to work tonight which i'm not usually, so my 'creature of habit' status is being interfered with, my mood swings will be epic when i lose strength to fight them later. Ah well, look out co-workers. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

So stressed and feel so bloody stupid not being able to do the simplest things. Grrrrrrrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

So I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP about how I've been feeling. I decided to write everything down before I went so I had it all clear in my head. It's a good job I did because I walked into her office, she asked me how she could help and I literally burst into tears and practically threw the piece of paper at her.

She was so lovely and I feel so extremely relieved to have done it. She asked me some questions, checked my blood pressure, weight, height, suggested I have some blood tests done in case its a thyroid problem (please god, let it be a thyroid problem) and then she prescribed a week's worth of xanax to help me sleep and a month's worth of Cipramil which she said I can stop taking if the bloodtests come back showing a thyroid issue.

She said if it's not a thyroid problem we will take it from there regarding medication and counselling.

I feel like a 1000 ton weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

So I finally plucked up the courage to go to my GP about how I've been feeling. I decided to write everything down before I went so I had it all clear in my head. It's a good job I did because I walked into her office, she asked me how she could help and I literally burst into tears and practically threw the piece of paper at her.

She was so lovely and I feel so extremely relieved to have done it. She asked me some questions, checked my blood pressure, weight, height, suggested I have some blood tests done in case its a thyroid problem (please god, let it be a thyroid problem) and then she prescribed a week's worth of xanax to help me sleep and a month's worth of Cipramil which she said I can stop taking if the bloodtests come back showing a thyroid issue.

She said if it's not a thyroid problem we will take it from there regarding medication and counselling.

I feel like a 1000 ton weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Well done!

I hope it all goes well ahinfairness, the first step I think is the hardest but you've done it so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

So the floodgates have opened up. Crying like a baby since last night. Kinda feels nice though after feeling nothing for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

@AllInFairness - well done on going to see your doctor. It's hard to admit that you need help, but it's the best thing you can do for yourself. And if it's not a thyroid problem, you will cope. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but things will get better.

@ashblag - I always feel a bit better after having a big cry; it's kinda like some of the sadness is leaving. Hope you're okay x

Have an app with the psychiatrist later, hopefully it goes okay...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@ InAllFairness, well done on the first step, not so long ago since i was there and it's nervewracking but good stuff on writing things down, i did the same as i felt i'd probably not be able to articulate myself, now just keep keepin' on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

i haven't posted here before - but I came across this from this posthttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056481009

i'm feeling very low tonight. i feel like nobody understands. especially my boyfriend. i feel alone, tired, restless, sleepless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Have my first appointment in quite a while early next week. I'm doing good enough I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

da_shivsta wrote: »
    i haven't posted here before - but I came across this from this posthttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056481009

i'm feeling very low tonight. i feel like nobody understands. especially my boyfriend. i feel alone, tired, restless, sleepless.

Welcomes!

da_shivsta wrote: »
    i haven't posted here before - but I came across this from this posthttp://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056481009

hello there :) this is a great thread for ranting/support, kinda more more private than the AH thread too, even though the AH one seems good too. I know exactly what you mean about people not understanding you - i'd say it can be hard to get what depression/anxiety etc is like unless you've been there. Are you seeing a dr/therapist? I find having someone like that to talk to really helpful.

I don't have to go back to see the psychiatrist (unless circumstances change), which I'm happy about. Still have to stay on the meds for the forseeable future 'cause the psych thinks I'd be likely to relapse. So just have to keep going with therapy and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Sorry, havent posted on here in an age, probably because i've been feeling good.
    Also have been doing those Aware life skills CBT classes which were really good...would highly recommend them to any one really, even those who consider themselves 'fine'.

@da_shivista....welcome.....it is really hard for others, and BF's to understand when they dont have a similar issue or problem. Sometimes i try and equate it to something they would understand, like maybe how they feel when their team losses an important match or something !!
    At least you know Talk to someone ;-)

@your text here, I'm in the same boat as you, doc scared if i reduce meds i'll sink again, so am going to stay on them now for a godd while, much as i dont like taking any meds, i dont like being depressed either ! Actually going to up them as I cant seem to get over one major hurdle / fear in my life / major panic about it so hoping increasing tabs will help me over come it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Feeling a bit shitty today. Unsure of what to do, overwhelmed and of course the anxiety hit me a few slaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

jammstarr wrote: »
    Feeling a bit shitty today. Unsure of what to do, overwhelmed and of course the anxiety hit me a few slaps.

Do a little something to make yourself feel good. I'm putting pink streaks in my hair today, I suggest you do the exact same!

Feeling very melancholic today.

I've been in bits for weeks now. But I've only myself to blame as it's not as if I've done anything to work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Not sure I am meant for this world :(

• Advertisement

Do a little something to make yourself feel good. I'm putting pink streaks in my hair today, I suggest you do the exact same!
    Dame you and your good ideas I'm going bald. How did the streaks go?

Doing ok, I'd to go back to the work doctor yesterday and all in all he seems quite happy, he was much nicer than the original doctor I saw.
    The boxing training is going great to, I seems to be helping my mood a bit but my confidence a lot. I was afraid that as soon as I started the sparring I just buckle and run away but something just clicked and I figured stand your ground and give as good as you get. It's a real metaphor for what I'm trying to do with my life, tackle problems and not just run away from them.

A good tip I've found for anyone who's having trouble sleeping; I read somewhere that apparently mobile phone can affect sleep, something to do with the electro magmatic field affecting your brain as far as I remember so I've started turning it off before I go to bed and the last few nights have slept great.

Hope the weekend kind to you all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Numb apart from being pissed off. Been here a million times. I'd love to retreat to a desert island for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dame you and your good ideas I'm going bald. How did the streaks go?

Doing ok, I'd to go back to the work doctor yesterday and all in all he seems quite happy, he was much nicer than the original doctor I saw.
    The boxing training is going great to, I seems to be helping my mood a bit but my confidence a lot. I was afraid that as soon as I started the sparring I just buckle and run away but something just clicked and I figured stand your ground and give as good as you get. It's a real metaphor for what I'm trying to do with my life, tackle problems and not just run away from them.

A good tip I've found for anyone who's having trouble sleeping; I read somewhere that apparently mobile phone can affect sleep, something to do with the electro magmatic field affecting your brain as far as I remember so I've started turning it off before I go to bed and the last few nights have slept great.

Hope the weekend kind to you all...

Treat yourself to a nice hat! Yeah they turned out well. My hair is the only part of me I really like, so I take care of it!

I used to do kickboxing and really liked it. Not for competition, just once a week for fitness. I've moved now and I'm so lazy. It's easy to be active when you have something you enjoy doing. I need to get fit again though, my energy levels are so low. They do have a cardio kickbox class at my college gym, must give a try!

Hmmm interesting. Haven't been sleeping well lately, and I always sleep with my phone under my pillow! I'll give it a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Not sure I am meant for this world :(

so am I , Just slightly scared of what I feel is my only solution to that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I didn't go with pink streaks but a few classical CD box sets instead. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

nesf wrote: »
    I didn't go with pink streaks but a few classical CD box sets instead. ;)

Bought myself some expensive aftershave, I'm feeling ****ty but smelling great!!

What scent did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

What scent did you get?

CK One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

what i wouldnt give for some sedation now. my mind is racing.

• Advertisement

How is everyone today? I had a pretty low weekend, but feeling a bit better now thankfully :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement