Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of Republic of Telly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

CatFromHue wrote: »
    . I was expecting The TV License Inspectors

Which reminds me, the license inspectors would want to have some serious cojones to come round looking for money after this ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Rte should be put to sleep.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

BRIDGET AND EAMON. RTE 2. 1st FEB. 10pm

I think the producer from when RoT was good is working on this and that clip alone has me interested.

I dunno how they'll make a 25 min show out of them but there is potential and that clip above isn't bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

So they just copied Family Guy
    https://youtu.be/_byGxpvTp3Q

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Think you need to post both. No idea what the other one looks like:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Nothing to do with FG, but...

vlcsnap-00641.jpg

:o:o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭squonk

No they didn't! That scene was around before Family Guy. Family Guy parodied the same scene from Office Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

And Family Guy never copied anything?
    squonk wrote: »
    No they didn't! That scene was around before Family Guy. Family Guy parodied the same scene from Office Space.

Absolutely

Great film and highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any one watch the first episode? Is it any good?? I missed it might look too see when it's repeated

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It was allright, the usual hit and miss stuff.

It was better than alot of last season's stuff.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when it's repeated on rte?

It's on the RTE player

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any one watch the first episode? Is it any good?? I missed it might look too see when it's repeated

Personally I found Republic of Telly watchable for about one series - if that

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

R.O.T. threads merged.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It's on the RTE player

I'd prefer too record it on sky and series link it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh jaysus, this is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

How is this still allowed on air. Everything is wrong with it. Everything.

In fact apart from being unfunny tonight its actually pretty disrespectful.

From the audience acting like laughing monkeys ( free beer in the rte canteen if you pretend to laugh) to the fact that a show that was originally a skit on actual tv programmes (and was actually funny) is now a series of unfunny sketches with people who think they are comedians juzt on filly topics. Then you have that goon of a host trying to be wacky during his monologues and dont get me started on Bla Bla Bully ni Cough Drop.

Abysmal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the audience must've been watching something else?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think the audience must've been watching something else?

Audience clap diversions are organised at the stsrt of the show. This happens for a lot of these shows where before even the show starts they prerecord the audience literally just laughing and clapping with no cues just told to go crazy laughing and clapping.

Honest to god.. even just listen to the timing. All the laughing soundbites are perfectly timed.

Its so bloody cringeworthy! I hacent watched the ROT in a long time and I wont again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I thought it was brilliant. Hope there's a other 10 seasons

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliant. Hope there's a other 10 seasons

Ha! No point wasting your wishes! There will be plenty more seasons regardless of its quality : D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,739 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ha! No point wasting your wishes! There will be plenty more seasons regardless of its quality : D

Thank god. Rte should be commissioning more shows like this instead of crap like fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silverdolphin

I saw some of the sketches on last week's programme (by chance). They were so bad. There was a female comedian (don't know her name) who had this guide to Dublin that was so cringe-worthy, ignorant to a point that it angered me. They did this poor "parody" of the Michaela McCollum interview which came across as nasty and mean-spirited. Whatever your views are on Michaela McCollum, they made her look like a retarded blonde. She may have made stupid mistakes, but she's not that stupid and besides when I was watching that sketch, I thought to myself "Those two actors will never be good comedians, they're just ordinary people trying to be funny by throwing cheap shots at others and some day(hopefully, if they can open their eyes and see the light) a hard realization will dawn on them where they've deluded themselves into thinking they're funny all along."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This is my first time watching the show in a couple of years. It's unimaginably bad. McGahern is a good presenter but their sketches aren't worth a shiite.

This is my first time watching the show in a couple of years. It's unimaginably bad. McGahern is a good presenter but their sketches aren't worth a shiite.

I cant stand him. Its that wierd hand shaking, strange head movements, odd voices and stuff he does when doing his little monologues that irritates me most. Trying far too hard to depict himself as some of the cuff wacky guy!

I'd like it if they slagged off Ray D'arcy every week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

McGahern or whatever his name isn't too bad in his own role in fairness.

But sweet jesus that female "comedian" whatever her name is, the red haired girl. She is absolutely woeful. I've seen poor comedy on RTE over the years but whoever brought her in to provide humour on this show needs sacking.

Gross incompetence.

The girl is just brutal.

BRUTAL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

price690 wrote: »
    McGahern or whatever his name isn't too bad in his own role in fairness.

But sweet jesus that female "comedian" whatever her name is, the red haired girl. She is absolutely woeful. I've seen poor comedy on RTE over the years but whoever brought her in to provide humour on this show needs sacking.

Gross incompetence.

The girl is just brutal.

BRUTAL

Affirmative action is what they used to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Haven't watched it at all this series but I always thought that the best part or ROT was when they took the piss out of other TV shows a la TV Burp. Usually this is the first section of the show. The worst part of the show has always been the sketches. Some of them were OK in the past but in the past few years they have been almost all dismally unfunny.

Also the new girl on it with the red hair is both not funny and also annoying. A double whammy of badness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I thought to myself "Those two actors will never be good comedians."

Well the guy in that sketch is one of the better comedians in Ireland at the minute so whatever about his acting skills his comic chops on stage are excellent.

Advertisement