Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Shop Fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you, your sex is on fire :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

tony231974 wrote: »
    What ! Where will I get all my naughty things? :confused:

Valentines Day ruined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

xzanti wrote: »
    It was attached to another shop which is of particular interest in this forum.. Come.. sit down :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055826178

Let's not fan the flames of the conspiracy theorists on this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Merged with head shop fire thread as they are both in the same building

Don't ask how I know that

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is really sad. No matter about people's opinions on the head shops, that's someone's livelihood and people's jobs literally gone up in smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

A lot of other industries use the chemicals that go into these products so it's difficult to ban them without other reprecussions.

No, these chemicals aren't used anywhere else
    The chemical composition will just be changed and then it would take another 3 plus months to try ban that one. And then the process repeats itself. It's unwinnable to try ban head shops.

If the synthetic cannabinoids, which are the biggest money spinners, are banned generically the way the UK did it it's hard to see what they could replace those with. Apparently the new legal smoking mixtures the UK headshops have been selling are crap. Harney has already said the new controls she is planning will be generic, you can bet that will be for both the smoking mixtures and the powders & pills. Another cut 'n' paste of UK law iow.

This is really sad. No matter about people's opinions on the head shops, that's someone's livelihood and people's jobs literally gone up in smoke.

Why are you assuming that there was no foul play here?

rovert wrote: »

You mean from the actual owners? I didn't say that, but more than one building was burned down. I'm presuming the same person doesn't own Utopia and Nirvana?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Right, well there's only one thing for it now.

Pagin Lieutenant Kane.... Paging Lieutenant Kane.........

He'll sort this shit out, and catch the do-badders.... And all that in under 55 Minutes!

Booyakasha!

You mean from the actual owners? I didn't say that, but more than one building was burned down. I'm presuming the same person doesn't own Utopia and Nirvana?

Your point related to the head shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

At no point in his post does he assume that there was foul play.

Why are you assuming that 'foul play' means it was the employee's themselves who started the fire rather than the multitude of disgruntled members of the public, drug dealers and junkies which are all just as likely to have started it (assuming it was foul play, of course).

Nichololas wrote: »
    Why are you assuming that 'foul play' means it was the employee's themselves who started the fire

What now?

Your point related to the head shop

Well the adult shop doesn't spark the same amount of controversy so that's why I didn't mention it, but I meant about both shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

(assuming it was foul play, of course).

People living nearby said they heard a 'big bang' before the fire which caused them to flee their apartment. Sounds fairly suspicious.

Well the adult shop doesn't spark the same amount of controversy so that's why I didn't mention it, but I meant about both shops.

Still you said that someone's livelihood has gone up in smoke in reference to the head shop not the sex shop.

Still you said that someone's livelihood has gone up in smoke in reference to the head shop not the sex shop.

I meant both. I apolgise to you for the lack of clarity in my post.

What now?

ibarelycare made the point that people's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke. You responded asking why he was assuming there was no foul play. People's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke regardless of whether there was foul play or not, so I don't know why you'd make that point unless you were assuming that it was their fault and therefore not worthy of sympathy ..

ibarelycare made the point that people's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke. You responded asking why she was assuming there was no foul play. People's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke regardless of whether there was foul play or not, so I don't know why you'd make that point unless you were assuming that it was their fault and therefore not worthy of sympathy ..

actually ;)

I meant both. I apolgise to you for the lack of clarity in my post.

No harm done.
    ibarelycare made the point that people's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke. You responded asking why he was assuming there was no foul play. People's jobs and livelihoods have gone up in smoke regardless of whether there was foul play or not, so I don't know why you'd make that point unless you were assuming that it was their fault and thereby not worthy of sympathy ..

I think youve badly got the wrong end of the stick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Master wrote: »
    Merged with head shop fire thread as they are both in the same building

Don't ask how I know that

Makes perfect sense.

Go to the sex shop first and then get "head".

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I think youve badly got the wrong end of the stick here.

Yes maybe I have. Perhaps you could be more clear in your posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Reckon I know what caused it....

Yes maybe I have. Perhaps you could be more clear in your posts?

Ok then....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Errr you think that if they weren't disguised as "bath salts" (etc) and removed the "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" they would be legal ?
    Yes I do, even without those they still would not be illegal because there is simply no law against them (unless you know one that I'm not aware of).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

People living nearby said they heard a 'big bang' before the fire which caused them to flee their apartment. Sounds fairly suspicious.
    It was a pipe bomb. I know this for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Another possibility is that its psychopath Joe Duffy fans running amock.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Spilocyeb wrote: »

How do you know for certain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Spilocyeb wrote: »

In the other thread it was 'word on the street' but now you know for 'certain'. Did you bomb the shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

How do you know for certain?
    Now you hardly expect me to answer that do you? Wait for the Garda investigation to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Someone should be calling gardai on spilock by sounds of things.

Advertisement