Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Shop Fire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Corkfeen wrote:
    Someone should be calling gardai on spilock by sounds of things.
    Because I know what half of Dublin already knows? You would do well to keep your fucking nose out of matters that don't concern you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Who would have thought that wipping a mob into a frenzy would end badly ?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Spilocyeb wrote: »
    Because I know what half of Dublin already knows? You would do well to keep your fucking nose out of matters that don't concern you.

Don't trollpost in this thread again please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

prinz wrote: »
    You make the products illegal to sell. Pretty straightforward tbh.

Someone should give this man a medal. Why the hell did no one think of this before ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

rpo wrote: »
    Someone should give this man a medal. Why the hell did no one think of this before ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should include the post I was responding too.. :rolleyes:..

..and I'd prefer a can of coke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wish Joe Duffy would start a campaign against rolleyes.

There's a feckin' epidemic of them on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

prinz wrote: »
    Maybe you should include the post I was responding too.. :rolleyes:..

..and I'd prefer a can of coke!

What difference does it make if I include the original post. Why do you think action has been so slow ?

This process is so complex on a chemical and legal basis, its almost impossible to come up with a solution.

Lets take your solution - Ban the product.
    Same product released slightly diff chemical make up - Ban product again

Repeat process - Each time due to red wire and tape its a lengthy process.

Banning certain chemicals is just not an option due to its range of other uses in many different areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Pipe bong more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I guess it's back to shagging sheep again. What are the other three shops that have to be demolised.

super-rush wrote: »
    Don't trollpost in this thread again please.
    So I get strong armed out of posting here for responding to a smartarsed remark directed towards me? Because I do have an inklink of what is going on I'm suspected of being involved in criminal activities and should have the Gardai called on me? Corkfeen's post was liable and you can keep your thread, thank you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

stevenmu wrote: »
    Yes I do, even without those they still would not be illegal because there is simply no law against them (unless you know one that I'm not aware of).

Health and safety regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So I get strong armed out of posting here for responding to a smartarsed remark directed towards me? You can keep your fucking thread...

You should have reported the post if it offended you. Replying aggressively to someone on thread is never a good idea

You should have reported the post if it offended you. Replying aggressively to someone on thread is never a good idea
    Perhaps you are right. I should have known better really.

So I get strong armed out of posting here for responding to a smartarsed remark directed towards me? Nobody here has a clue what's going on and because I do I'm suspected of being involved in criminal activities and should have the Gardai called on me? Corkfeen's post was liable and you can keep your thread, thank you...

Now now. We're all feeling the loss of Utopia but there's other inflatable dolls in the sea - no need to get so angry.

So I get strong armed out of posting here for responding to a smartarsed remark directed towards me? Because I do have an inklink of what is going on I'm suspected of being involved in criminal activities and should have the Gardai called on me? Corkfeen's post was liable and you can keep your thread, thank you...
    I know what you said even if you did edit the post.
    Perhaps you are right. I should have known better really.

Yes you should. Any further questions can be answered via pm and my warning still stands about you posting in this thread again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

No, these chemicals aren't used anywhere else

Chemicals included in some of these products being sold are used in other industries such as pharmaceuticals, solvents and plastics manufacturing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I heard a rumour earlier this week that a bunch of drug dealers went into a headshop in Finglas village and smashed up the place- can anyone shed any light on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭19.5V

This isnt a reply to any of the posts on this forum, but "I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY"
    Next one please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Thats a load of Bull$hit. These vandalisers would then turn around and call the owners of these headshops 'scumbags'. This is resorting to drug dealing gang mentality. This is someone livihood gone with the blink of an eye. I couldn't turn around and burn out a pub if I dont like drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭AKA pat sheen

Chemicals included in some of these products being sold are used in other industries such as pharmaceuticals, solvents and plastics manufacturing.

Which chemicals specifically and what are they used for?

• Advertisement

19.5V wrote: »
    This isnt a reply to any of the posts on this forum, but "I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY"
    Next one please!

Oh do tell us more... Is it the damaged cars outside or the adjacent business that were damaged or the possible threat to human life that's got you so excited?

super-rush wrote: »
    I know what you said even if you did edit the post.
    Well why don't you post it? Revert the edit, I don't mind. The Edit function is surely in place to tweak your post and mine was no more provocative before it was edited.
    Presumably you mean GBL? I'm not aware of any of the headshops in Ireland selling GBL products and would have misgivings if they are. It was recently banned in the UK so I suppose there may be excess product floating around in the open market.

None of the cathinone products have industrial applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

19.5V wrote: »
    Next one please!

We welcome all sorts around here, enjoy your stay :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Whether this was drug dealers or some crazy anti headshop criminals either way they are scum for ruining a business. If anything good comes out of this I hope that it acts as proof in black and white to the public that the shops are helping tackle the illegal drug trade.

Well why don't you post it? Revert the edit, I don't mind. The Edit function is surely in place to tweak your post and mine was no more provocative before it was edited.
    Originally Posted by Spilocyeb
    Because I know what half of Dublin already knows? Mind your own ****ing business you ****ing motherless ****. Back to ****ing Cork with you ****ing cocksucker!

See you after the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Apologies but your response was a a bit extreme to be fair. Try and remain civil.

In relation to this though. Isn't it a bit more worrying that Joe Duffy bares alot of responsibility for inciting the burning of the head shop. What are we, Salem? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

I think he's confusing the consequences of banning these products with the consequences of bringing in a very broad analogue act.
    Corkfeen wrote: »

In relation to this though. Isn't it a bit more worrying that Joe Duffy bares alot of responsibility for inciting the burning of the head shop.

Isn't it a bit ironic that Joe Duffy bears a lot of responsibility for the increased numbers of people buying these products :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

well , livelines to blame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

vinylmesh wrote: »
    I think he's confusing the consequences of banning these products with the consequences of bringing in a very broad analogue act.

Isn't it a bit ironic that Joe Duffy bears a lot of responsibility for the increased numbers of people buying these products :D?

Ideas are popping into my head. I don't mind if headshops get closed if we can get joe duffy off the air too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Butyrolactone

Not used in legal highs in head shops, but I think its used quite a bit as a legal high, Its a precurser to GHB. It was banned recently in the UK, so I`m assuming they are talking about this.

Its not to be messed with though as an overdose will knock you right out.

Its quite commonly used in various industries.

Advertisement