Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head Shop Fire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

in other news drug dealers seen riverdancing down the boardwalk towards former customers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i love that video, that was luas drivers this morning!

Would it surprise people if it turned out that drug dealers were behind it?

I mean, you can go get some dodgy gear off some scumbag in some ****hole or you can go to the hatch at 3am or whenever and get your stuff. It simple HAD to have hurt drug dealer's trade..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

One of the headshop owners was on The Last Word the other week and he listed off some of the products. I can not recall them but my wife is American and she could not beleve her ears as some of them she knows from the US and they are banned and considered more dangerous than many illegal drugs here.
    One was some sort of cactus, peyote I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Saruman wrote: »

Peyote or San Pedro contain mescaline.
    Mescaline nor the Cactus containing it are toxic or dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Saruman wrote: »

...............sure that went out with the Indians :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Shulgin wrote: »

But didn't you hear? Saruman's wife said they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    But didn't you hear? Saruman's wife said they are.
    And if that wasn't enough it's also illegal in America, a country with one of the the most liberal drug policies in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Shulgin wrote: »

It's legal in the US for religious purposes for Native Americans too.

And doesn't appear to have any real long term effects, as opposed to alcohol.

Always get the feeling that people in these threads who are SHOCKED and APPALLED by "what gets sold" in these shops would be terribly disappointed if they ever actually went in looking for "drugs"...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

It has to have been the drug dealers who were involved as they were probably very unhappy with all the trade these shops were getting and all the free publicity they're getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

If this was from the anti-headshop crowd; it says a lot about this country.

The Government can run this country into the ground and not a single brick will go through a window, many will even lick arse over the supposedly fair budget.

But shops that sell weed, oh no, we can't be having that, BURN THE ****ERS DOWN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I can't wait to read the papers (especially the tabloids!!) tomorrow (or later this morning?) and how the protestors will lap this up.

Will save judgement until the picture is made a little bit more clearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Capel street has long been known as the hedonistic centre of Dublin. Its home to several gay bars, sex shops and little bald tailors. Gardai now suspect the explosion was coordinated by a well known Irish Christain fundamentalist:
    http://www.banbloodsports.com/awimages/2003-06.jpg

Its believed she enlisted the help of this man:
    http://whythatsdelightful.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/crazy_harry.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sandvich wrote: »
    If this was from the anti-headshop crowd; it says a lot about this country.

The Government can run this country into the ground and not a single brick will go through a window, many will even lick arse over the supposedly fair budget.

But shops that sell weed, oh no, we can't be having that, BURN THE ****ERS DOWN.

We should burn down Government Buildings? Wut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

It's very worrying. We think we're advanced as a society in this country yet people are still burning things down they don't agree with. Medieval times lives on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Sandvich wrote: »

if only we had shops that sold weed, the stuff they sell is pure and utter muck - even in the driest of times it's not worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭def

So who did it ?

Was it drug dealers who didnt like these shops stealing their customers ?

Or could it be the righteous drug warriors who have developed a taste for prohibition inspired terrorism?

What do you think ? Perhaps an unholy union of the two?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0212/dublin.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Junkies not happy with the opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's a conspiracy, show that the existance of these places will cause problems and everyone will want them closed

I say Mary Harney done it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pity the terrorists arnt so active in burning drug dealers houses down...but then again, a head shop wont fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

whoever did it has no conscience. Thats somebody's business and only form of income (im presuming). Theres no point trying to stop these shops, people who buy products from these places will more than likely buy the illegal drugs if they cant get access to the legal stuff.
    So they'v just ruined a family's income, jobs, govt tax (business and vat) and now theres more people on the dole.
    And for the record, nope i dont take the stuff, i just think its pathetic that just because these people dont agree with it, that they think they had some kind of right to destroy a business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Or yer man was out of his bin when he was going home and left the electric heater on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They took their jobs (Tirk or jerbs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

def wrote: »
    So who did it ?

Inside job I reckon. Arson Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Id say it was that group RAAD they were accused about a month ago for kneecapping the owner of a head shop I think in Belfast not shure on the location but ya Im pretty shure its them lads

Advertisement