Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free golf - Druids Glen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

My 4ball is out next Wed morning, can't wait for it, hope the weather stays ok. Are there any delays in the morning due to the number of people playing, checking in etc, we will be making our travel arrangements at weekend so any info from someone who has been already would be helpful, Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 figo6969

The problem with the frost is that a couple holes in the back 9 are in a shadow so therfore it took longer to get rid of the frost.
    I think that was the problem otherwise they could had started half the people in the back 9.
    2.5 - 3.0 hour delay yesterday.:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dinnyman

Has anybody not been able to get out due to Weather?

I'm done for 12.20 next week and am now worried that might be too late in the event of frost delays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 figo6969

dinnyman wrote: »
    Has anybody not been able to get out due to Weather?

I'm done for 12.20 next week and am now worried that might be too late in the event of frost delays?

Would suggest that you ring ahead and see if there any delay. If there a delay it will seriously have a knock on effect. You wanna get out at least before 1.30 in order to get the full 18 finished before darkness falls. They will give u a opporunity to go straight to Druids Heath if there a delay at any time as there isnt much happening at the heath course!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

How does the Heath course compare to the Glen? With such a late tee-off time (3.10), I'm half tempted to ask them if I can play the Heath instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

How does the Heath course compare to the Glen? With such a late tee-off time (3.10), I'm half tempted to ask them if I can play the Heath instead.

Decent course too but not a patch on Druids Glen. More of a heathland feel and not really geared to towards high handicappers to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thoscon

figo6969 wrote: »
    The problem with the frost is that a couple holes in the back 9 are in a shadow so therfore it took longer to get rid of the frost.
    I think that was the problem otherwise they could had started half the people in the back 9.
    2.5 - 3.0 hour delay yesterday.:(:(:(:(

i asked the starter while we were waiting for the frost to clear would they be starting people on the first and 10th,he said they wouldnt because it was so busy that when people who started at the 10th got to the 1st it would be mental.i have to say when it did start he got the groups away at a good pace

Off the green tees you really need to know where you're aiming and it helps having played there before obviously. You need to cut it fine to the right edge unless you can move it far left to right - a hookers nightmare! Best tee shot I ever hit on that hole was a deliberate slice with about 40 yards of swing, ended up on the fairway. Still only ever walked off with a 5 at best. Magnificent hole... and the 18th is some finishing Par 4. Even the pro's were hitting 4 irons into that green during the Irish open. Monty's course record around there is impressive.

i tried to cut it as tight the right edge as i could with a rescue club,cut it too tight and went into the trees:o did it the 2nd time:rolleyes:
    one of my mates in the other group took out the driver and hit a great drive past the lads on the fairway .hit a 6iron on the green for a par

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Gang of us on tomorrow at 12 & the forecast is not great overnight.

wondering now if its worth our while traveling from Cork as it'll be almost definitely clsoed in the morning.

What ye reckon lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I'm in the same boat as you jim. Travelling up from Cork tomorrow too. 11am teetime. I'm gonna ring them around 11 today to see whats the story there today and I presume it'll be a similar story tomorrow. Will post here after I ring them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Par71

jimboddb wrote: »
    Gang of us on tomorrow at 12 & the forecast is not great overnight.

wondering now if its worth our while traveling from Cork as it'll be almost definitely clsoed in the morning.

What ye reckon lads?

Tonight is to get very cold up this way. I know Druids have heated greens on 4 holes (the most shaded) but the cold this Morning I think may keep the course closed all day. Its touch and go....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Anyone know if it's closed at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Played it yesterday and our tee time was delayed by about 90 mins due to frost. That said once the groups got moving the backlog was cleared quick enough. The first group teed off at 10.25 yesterday. They were the lads that were due to tee off at 8am but couldnt. Suprising the amount of lads that opted to play Druids Heath instead. That sped things up bigtime.
    Course was in great condition. Pity the 8th was closed. Best hole on the course in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Par71

Anyone know if it's closed at the moment?

I dont think they are! Open that is.

I rang them @ 11am. They were hoping to open @ 12ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Course was in great condition. Pity the 8th was closed. Best hole on the course in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Prefer the 12th myself.Stunnng golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Played yesterday lads, magnificient day.

Woke up in a bad mood because my garden was covered in snow, rang Druids, no snow, just a touch of frost, happy days. They have had great weather apparently lately, course in super nick but obviously not as good as the height of summer when trees and shrubs in full bloom etc.

12:30 tee time, no delays, straight out, no delays at all going around, just over 4.5 hours in total for a 4 ball.

Played weel, 35 points off 12, 4 * 3 putts (3 * 3 putt bogeys), couldnt believe it, no scratches at all but 7 * 1 pointers which was disapointing.

Speakeing to the starter, he mentioned fees of 4K per year, every year. Not too bad I must say but out of my league, the drive down would be too much for me as well.

Overall a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Had a 8.40 tee time last Wednesday but got frosted off. Raging I didn't get out to play.... By far the worst year for cold snaps and course closures!! :(

stevire wrote: »
    Had a 8.40 tee time last Wednesday but got frosted off. Raging I didn't get out to play.... By far the worst year for cold snaps and course closures!! :(

we were due out at 10 last wed but held on till it cleared round 12ish.well worth the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Due to play this Thursday. Anyone else playing this week? If so a heads up on the condition of course would be appreciated.
    Currently snowing in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Delbhoy74

Played Druid's yesterday. Was to teeoff at 8:40,delayed until 10:20. Course was in great condition,plenty of groups out but hardly saw anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Im playing Monday 1st. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

If anyone has a tee-off time but is looking to change it for whatever reason, you can check this link to see if slots become available.

http://www.brsgolf.com/druidsglen/visitor_month.php?course_id=1

Any white slots are free times. It's updated regularly. I was able to change my time to an earlier one using this. Enter your credit card details and complete the form - your card won't be charged. Then get onto Druids Glen and let them know that you've changed your time. They'll mark it down on their system as a free round and update your previous slot as available.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

Hi all,
    was wondering what form of valid id is required as stated on the voucher i have printed off,am playing thursday and don't want to miss out on a technicality?

feelinfoul wrote: »
    Hi all,
    was wondering what form of valid id is required as stated on the voucher i have printed off,am playing thursday and don't want to miss out on a technicality?

The short answer is none!! We arrived early and were chatting away to the lads in the proshop and were never asked for ID. All they wanted were the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

feelinfoul wrote: »
    Hi all,

We were asked and just showed our licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

So is this the start of the spam since giving up all our golf & contact info? I got two emails this morning.

"Stay the course: A Golfer's Guide to Nutrition" &
    "Snacktools: we're launching a new app"

Anyone else get any emails yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Played yesterday, 4 ball in front and behind and no delays, around in 4 hours and 15 mins. Got out at half 10 aswell with no delays. Fair play to Druids Glen for this offer. The guy in the pro shop took our vouchers and barely looked at our I.Ds. Credit/Bank cards will be accepted as id.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Played today, WOW what a course (even off the green tees), will most definitly be returning in the future. No delays this morning at all, 4 hours 15 mins for 4 ball, weather and course was perfect, the only thing that could have been better was my golf (23 points thru the first 11 then a complete collapse from the 12th home), but what the hell, a great day nonetheless. I only wish I could do it all again tommorow. Thanks Druids for the best golfing deal ever :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭colmsix

played yesterday at druids glen. small delay when i called but it was made up by a few people not turning up and the spots going to waste such ashame . but could not complain about the course condition, a few showers but great day. well worth calling every morning for to see if there is any spots free as they said a good few people had been canceling each day. thanks druids glen for a great day out

Advertisement