Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free golf - Druids Glen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Eventually got through and got a booking for Thursday 25th. They said it was just about full at this stage. A couple of early morning slots is all that is left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Balls! Been tryin solid since 1 can't get thru... got into a voicemail system once but booted out. What number did yiz call, 01 2873600?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Just got through too.
    Thursday 25th 4 ball. All have vouchers, All accepted.
    Thanks to Derek who answered, polite and helpful.
    The phones in the background were hopping..... Happydays

PS Im out early so for those follwing I apologise in advance for the divots....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Booked a slot for Wednesday 10th March @ 12:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

I'm out at 12:50 on the 10th madds !

enjoy !

madds wrote: »
    Booked a slot for Wednesday 10th March @ 12:30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just got thru. Keep ringing, it will eventually go to automated switch although it takes some time then select option 1 ). Just booked a 3 ball for 10th.

1. You need ID
    2. You must bring the voucher ( obviously )
    3. Name changes are possible but you must let them know in advance !
    4. All weekend slots gone !

BOL to all with their rounds !

EDIT: added the Voucher details :

• This Voucher is Valid for ( your name will be here )
    with the email address of xxxxxxx@xx.xx
    • This Voucher must be presented with a Valid ID at the time of play.
    • This Voucher Does not include Cart Fees.
    • This offer may only be redeemed one time by one person.
    • Tee Times for this offer must be made 7 days in advance.
    • Tee time availability for this offer is valid 10 February through 10 March.
    • This voucher is good any day of the week and must be used by 10 March.
    • This offer is not good with any other offer, tournament, outing, group,
    league or special at Druids Glen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Thanks a mil to the OP. Me and my mates are getting out next week. Good luck to all who are playing.

Had a tough time trying to get through to book it though. Reminded me of the good aul days before ticketmaster where you had to ring and get concert tickets over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I reckon with the timesheet full for a month, and with the feelgood factor etc they will do very well through food, drinks, pro shop and follow-up business in green fees. Winners all round I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I rang a total of 134 times today and didn't manage to get through once!! :confused: :eek:

stevire wrote: »
    I rang a total of 134 times today and didn't manage to get through once!! :confused: :eek:

Same here. About the same I reckon. Hugely frustrating. Got into the automated system 4 times and pressed 1 but got nothing out of the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Same here. About the same I reckon. Hugely frustrating. Got into the automated system 4 times and pressed 1 but got nothing out of the end of it.

I can't even get to the automated system. Frustrating to say the least.

Make that 5 times... you're better off. Gettin into the system is just a prick tease. :rolleyes:

It prob doesnt make a blind bit of difference but I was able to get through to the automated voice when using my landline to ring them but not when I used my mobile. I wouldnt have rang as many times as you but not far off it either. Keep on trying, they cant ignore you forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

I suggest that anyone who still hasn't managed to make a booking log back onto the site, go into online booking system just to check what if anything is left.

I suggest that anyone who still hasn't managed to make a booking log back onto the site, go into online booking system just to check what if anything is left.

Good idea - here is the link.

http://www.brsgolf.com/druidsglen/visitor_month.php?course_id=1&d_date=2010-02-18

I see the offer is now closed due to the high demand.

ThunderCat wrote: »
    I see the offer is now closed due to the high demand.

I guess it shouldn't stop anyone who has recieved their voucher from actually getting a tee time? Assuming of course they manage to get through and find a free time somewhere...

I guess it shouldn't stop anyone who has recieved their voucher from actually getting a tee time? Assuming of course they manage to get through and find a free time somewhere...

Hopefully not for the sake of those who couldnt get through on the phone. Even though all the tee-times might be taken, I wouldnt imagine they would all be 4 balls. Hopefully they can fit people in with 2 and 3 balls. Unfortunatly the only way to find out is to ring them, which is the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

If substitutes are allowed and anyone is looking for a fourth man on any of the weekend slots, let me know. I have my voucher.

I'm the same - I have my voucher and am available weekends

tried this morning from 9.30am - 11 but no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

I'd be interesting for everyone to post details of their round in here afterwards, so we can all see how everyone got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

By the way they serve the best steak ever after a round in druids !

Mouth is watering now thinking of it & my round on the 10th !

:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

I was in time for the offer and I have my voucher. I am on my own so if anyone has a time that they have booked and they want someone to fill a fourball give me a PM and I should be able to get it organised to join you.
    I would prefer a weekday as opposed to a weekend day.
    Thanks...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

likewise, 2 of us have vouchers but couldn't get through on phone to book. Preference for weekends or Wednesdays if anyone looking for 2 more to make a "fun-filled" 4 ball!!

tnx

valc

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Myself & 2 friends have vouchers, couldn't get thru since 12pm, would be happy to split up to help make up a 4-ball if anyone has any spaces available, pref on the same day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

4 of us also have vouchers and no slot so if anyone got caught up in the moment and can no longer fill their slot please feel free to send it my way!!

I'd an email from Druids Glen and it seems they had 20,000 hits today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Philip Quearney

well well ,,,what a day for all ...some bursting to get through and hard luck to those who failed to get a booking...turns out it just gonna be a game on one of the best parklands...be great if this was a comp for all of us.....any suggestions ??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

Massive response to free Druids Glen offer
    THE email links to Druids Glen Golf Resort were pulsing at a frantic level yesterday as golfers raced to book a free round.
    Druids Glen's website offered a complimentary round of golf between now and March 10 to anyone who filled in an information form.
    In the first four hours, over 15,000 hits were recorded on the website. Not all of the people would have filled in the form, but word about the deal was spreading at an amazing rate in Dublin yesterday.
    A round at the renowned championship course at Druids Glen normally costs €90 at this time of year.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/clubs-abolish-joining-fees-in-bid-to-lure-new-members-2055641.html

I'm sure this Liam Kelly guy reads boards, I wonder is he Conno16?!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Just got thru this morning and got 4ball booked, limited spaces left. Thanks to girl on phone, very cheerful & helpful, was telling me that their phone system crashed yesterday afternoon due to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Anyone booked for the 1st of March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Finally got through this morning, no weekend slots left but thankfully have next Wednesday off work and managed to get a slot!

Advertisement