Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free golf - Druids Glen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Im in too. 11am Monday 1st March. Cant wait. Hopefully its not the usual wet start to March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Im in too. 11am Monday 1st March. Cant wait. Hopefully its not the usual wet start to March.

That makes you part of my twoball at 11am the 1st of March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

Well thanks be to Jaysus, got a 4ball booking in this morning for March. Well I didn't but a mate did after 1 call. Typical, I made about 200 yesterday and got nowhere. he calls once and get's us in. Either way doesn't matter, would have been ragin to miss out on that.

Does anyone have any idea if there will be mats in play off the tee? I'd imagine not. I hope it's not the Green's we are put off but I would imagine it will be. Played there about 25 times always off the green tees. It's not challenging at all off the greens and I always wanted to try it off the farther back tees, even the Whites. Looks like a completely different course.

Great at least I can get excited about it now - woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    That makes you part of my twoball at 11am the 1st of March!

Deadly. I asked to be paired with people as im on my own. Its gas though, the guy on the phone said they were set to advertise this deal over the weekend in the papers but now they dont have to. The power of golfboards haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Well thanks be to Jaysus, got a 4ball booking in this morning for March. Well I didn't but a mate did after 1 call. Typical, I made about 200 yesterday and got nowhere. he calls once and get's us in. Either way doesn't matter, would have been ragin to miss out on that.

Does anyone have any idea if there will be mats in play off the tee? I'd imagine not. I hope it's not the Green's we are put off but I would imagine it will be. Played there about 25 times always off the green tees. It's not challenging at all off the greens and I always wanted to try it off the farther back tees, even the Whites. Looks like a completely different course.

Great at least I can get excited about it now - woo hoo!

Never played off mats at druids- so i would doubt they will use them now. We will be definately playing off the greens- but its free so no complaints here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

but its free so no complaints here!

Yeah right enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

The Druids Glen website said yesterday that the offer was closed due to over subscription. Still says that this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Any boardsies booked in for 8.40 start next Wed? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Does anyone know if the name on the voucher can be changed, one of my mates didn't believe me when i txtd him about offer & did nothing, thought I was messing then when I texd him our teetime told me he had no voucher, another lad i messed up his application form but ended up with 2 vouchers in his name, can one of these be changed - not too sure if they will accept green fees while this offer is running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derbyrne

Just talking to Druids Glen and they only have only single slots left for individual players due to crazy demand, obviously most people dont want to join up with strangers and want to go out with friends. They have told me all the vouchers which dont get used will be honoured in the month of November with bookings available from the 1st November

fair enough really apparently 20,000 hits on the website yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Fair play that they'll honour it in November.

I've been trying all morning again to get through - at least this time I got the automated response but that's as far as I got unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

WOW ,What a response!

Will probably buy something at the pro shop to show my appreciation!!:):)

Myself and a friend are paired with 2 other people for next Wednesday at 11am. looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

1united wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the name on the voucher can be changed, .......

Yes. 100%. But you must ring in advance to provide alternate name. Hopefully, your date is a bit later in the offer period by which time i'd imagine that the calls will have receeded. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I wasnt asked to provide all 4 names . anyone else have the same experience :eek: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

mscull wrote: »
    I wasnt asked to provide all 4 names . anyone else have the same experience :eek: ?

All you need is ID to prove you are the same person as that on the voucher.
    Licksy wrote: »
    Well, it gives the fine print as basically the following...
    1. It's for you.
    2. you need ID on the day.
    3. pay for your own cart
    4. the voucher only works once then self-destructs
    5. book 7 days in advance
    6. play 10 feb thru 10 march
    7. any day of the week up to march 10
    8. not good with any other offer yada yada...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

Do people think they'll use more of the facilities, eg pro-shop or restaurant / bar /spa now that you've got a free game golf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ipitydafool

i would definitely think so, there course is pratically full for a month and with the good will generated by the offer they will get some good revenue back through there shop and restaurant they wouldnt have otherwise got. a great bit of business by them, as someone mentioned earlier they didnt even have to advertise in papers in the end and have would have gathered alot of email addresses for future marketing. Hopefully some other top courses will follow suit with these types of offers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Maverick.ie

should have read Ipity before I posted on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

full now, offer closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

Course completely full till the 11th of March, unbelievable really. http://www.brsgolf.com/druidsglen/visitor_month.php?course_id=1&d_date=2010-2-01&nav_date=2010-01-01 The restaurant, bar and golf shop takings for February and early March will be the highest on record I’d say, although green fees will be down they’ll probably even each other out at worst. Although green fees wouldn’t be huge normally this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Is anyone worried about the effect this will have on the course. Every tee slot filled with four-balls for a month straight? Basically like a month of Sundays. The course will have no time to recover at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ipitydafool

Would u rather have a course in immaculate condition due to lack of traffic, I'm sure there is a few trophy courses like this who are probable kicking themselves they didn't do what druids glen have done. The big volume of traffic will of course have an effect on condition of course most notable around tees( little growth) and greens(pitch marks etc) but it will recover in no time when growth kicks in again late march/early April. It is catch 22 situation but hey let druids glen worry about that, people are getting a free game on one of Irelands top parkand courses be positve:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭jimjo

I'm playing it right at the end of the free period and yeah I fully expect the course not to be in great nick, how could it be with the traffic, but hey its FREE whos cares. Beggers cant be choosers, if I was to pay €90 I would and demand a high standard but I'm paying 0 so although a wonderful parkland, I expect it to be a little rough around the edges. I desperately hope I'm wrong all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I wonder if anyone due to play yesterday or today got caught out by the frost. It'd be a shame if the frost put paid to the free round. I'm playing there on the 20th so I hope it will be after clearing by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

On Tuesday I couldn't get through to Druid's Glen by phone so I dropped them an email. Got an autoresponder saying they're not taking bookings by email. Anyway, they got back to me next day and explained that the only times available were afternoon or else avail of the offer in November. I went with a 3.10pm tee-off time (3 ball) in late Feb. Any idea how many holes we'll get in before darkness sets in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

I expect some very long rounds out there.

I presume you will have every type of golfer on the course so I guess 5 to 6 hours rounds could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derbyrne

I see a couple of slots coming through on Sunday 28th & 7th MArch online so cancelations starting to come through. I can see there being alot of cancelations coming through over the month with the amount of games booked in such a short period

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ryaner7777

On Tuesday I couldn't get through to Druid's Glen by phone so I dropped them an email. Got an autoresponder saying they're not taking bookings by email. Anyway, they got back to me next day and explained that the only times available were afternoon or else avail of the offer in November. I went with a 3.10pm tee-off time (3 ball) in late Feb. Any idea how many holes we'll get in before darkness sets in?

Sunset on the 26th feb is 17.55 PM. So if you get a good clear run with no hold ups you should get the majority of holes in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

ryaner7777 wrote: »
    if you get a good clear run with no hold ups

Good luck with that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Played it this morning - great weather for a game aswell. The course is in great condition. Considering the recent weather we have had - the fairways and approaches are immaculate. The greens have been forked a few weeks ago(narrow diameter spikes) but they are in really good condition. They are playing very fast (summer fast) and they are very hard so dont go there thinking you can throw your shots at the pin and that they will stop easy.

It would seem that people are not spending any money in the pro shop - i was told that yesterday's takings (full timesheet) was only €102. Enjoy your rounds because druids will never have a similar offer again.

Advertisement