Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Jay-Z, Beyonce and Rihanna devil worshippers??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Good is Evil, and Evil is Good?, WTF?, Good is Good and Evil is Evil, that's a way of accepting evil, fukking people being blown to pieces in war is good?, people starving while buzzards look on is good?, we don't need evil to balance fukking anything, what this world need's is less of that new age bullsh1t and a fukking reality check, evil is bad, always has been, always will be, it's ok to say evil is good, just as long as some evil basstard doesnt do anything to you, if an evil basstard came to your house and tortured and killed your family, chopped them up, how would you balance that out as good?, listen this BS is great just aslong as your ok with evil, and accept evil, give evil a great big hug and show it who's boss, evil is a force that must be destroyed from this planet one way or the other. Mankind has repeatedly been made do evil things by evil men who fool them into doing them, war is an example.
    Although I know these things must be, I cannot simply accept them and let evil become even more normal than it already is, people must resist evil not see it as good, we all know right from wrong, same as good from evil, I cannot say right is wrong and wrong is right, that's for a twisted mind to do, "It was wrong of me to kill that child, therefore it was right, without doing it what could I compare it too", NO it was fukking wrong, so bottom line is evil is evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Futureadvocate

Well considering that the Devil has all the best tunes i would say that it's highly unlikely that these two twits are Devil worshippers.

Just to assure you it aint the clan making this nonsense up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Thats an excelent Post DaBunny

@Dull & Boring, welcome to the Forum have a look around, there are stages we all go through as we research the Truth, eventuallyyou will get a better handle on it and life wont be SO Depressing

@ Uprising, Right and wrong, good and Evil, they are Subjective, I think tyhats what Dabunny means, but you are right about the intent being the issue.
    as for the balance from someone murdering your Family, I am reminded of an aulfella from Eniskillen called Gordon Wilson.

Thats an excelent Post DaBunny

@Dull & Boring, welcome to the Forum have a look around, there are stages we all go through as we research the Truth, eventuallyyou will get a better handle on it and life wont be SO Depressing

@ Uprising, Right and wrong, good and Evil, they are Subjective, I think tyhats what Dabunny means, but you are right about the intent being the issue.
    as for the balance from someone murdering your Family, I am reminded of an aulfella from Eniskillen called Gordon Wilson.

I have great respect for Gordon Wilson, and he was a strong man, a forgiving man, but ultimately a good man, there wasn't an ounce of evil in the man, he forgave and prayed for his daughters killers.

I think dabunny is delving into white witch/ nature goddess territory there, which is another form of devil worship, I'm sorry, but I cannot and won't accept anything that takes away from God as good, evil happens when good men do nothing, if I happen to be in a position to stop somebody from doing something bad to another, I will stop them, I will not accept it and balance it by handing out love hearts on O'Connell street.

Sorry this thread has been derailed, dull and boring get used to it here.
    Here's your thread........sorry
    train_wreck-782867.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OK Besides the GodBotherin aspects we share a similar philosophy, but I dont subscribe to this God v The Divvil eternal battle malarky, we Humans are ultimatley the be all and end all of the situation, Morals, Good/Evil Right and Wrong are all Human constructs and as such are very maleable, just look at History, then look at nature, the Lion dosent Feel Guilt for the Wildebeast, the Wildebeast Feels Fear tho, so thats what drives the whople thing FEAR.

Anyway Back OT Rhianna/Gaga Et Al are products of MassMarketinMediaManupulation.

We are givin them Free advertisin by discussin their Sh1te, Apparently that GaGa yoke is Number one here In Australia, I heard the song A Couple of days ago, does anyone remember a time when Songs had Lyrics instead of Random Ramblings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

uprising2 wrote: »
    I think dabunny is delving into white witch/ nature goddess territory there, which is another form of devil worship,

Uh.......? That would be funny if it wasn't genuinely sad. It's carry on like this that gives CTists their wack job image. It's obvious from my posts that I don't "worship" any thing and there was never a mention of any thing pagan. Your comment was a crass demonstration of your willful ignorance. If you want to comment on my posts at least read them properly.

And as for your video of the preacher playing the reversed songs, yes I am now convinced that other people are making this nonsense up. Judging by the looks on their faces, I think the congregation would agree with me.

I would have to agree with Mahatma coat (my hat and my coat, just got it). If JayZ's PR people were reading this now they would be rubbing there hands with glee. The more likely conspiracy is that all this devil worship symbollix is a sophisticated PR stunt. Perhaps a subtler version of Marilyn Manson's PR campaign.
    The fear and hatred of devil worship is the exact thing that give's it its power. The good reverend, by playing JayZ in his church, is empowering JayZ and giving him some the best publicity possible. JayZ's PR people truly understand the power of positive and negative and how to manipulate it.
    Dull and Boring started this thread because he was fearful of devil worship and thereby by created even more free publicity for JayZ etc. How many thousands of extra hits has JayZ's website and videos gotten because of conversations like this?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

DeBunny wrote: »
    I think you missed my point. Positive and negative are the same and you can't have one with out the other. If you notice in my earlier post I turned war into a positive and medicine into a negative.

Become comfortable with contradiction.

The glass isn't half full or half empty it's both and neither at the same time. It's about how you decide how to look at it.

You can't have good with out evil and vice versa so do what makes you happy. Look after number one, love yourself and create goodness in your own life and that will spread to others.

I'm starting to sound like a hippy now but early morning waffling will do that.
    Just have a listen to the likes of Dr wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra and Allan Watts instead of Alex Jones, etc.

My basic point is that good and evil will never defeat each other so do what feels good to you.

Whether you know it or not, you yourself are advertising the ideals of modern satanism - "do what makes you happy" i.e. hedonism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yea they are open to members of different religious faiths, hindu, buddah, roman catholics are not allowed join although strangely the vatican is run by freemasons. And look into the initiation a little maybe, what man of God would be into that satanic sh1t?.

As I understand it, only monotheists are allowed join, so Hindus are out. Buddhists too.

Catholics are prevented by the rules of Catholicism from joining Masonic orders, not by any Masonic rules.

To clarify, what do you mean when you say Satanism? Do you mean worship of Satan? What does it entail?

Whether you know it or not, you yourself are advertising the ideals of modern satanism - "do what makes you happy" i.e. hedonism

Eh.. you're missing the point. This seems to be a recurring theme on this thread. There is a lack and logic and reason here. (What else should I have expected?)
    I say again, make an effort to understand what I've written and don't just see what you want to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I think you missed my point. Positive and negative are the same and you can't have one with out the other. If you notice in my earlier post I turned war into a positive and medicine into a negative.

Become comfortable with contradiction.

The glass isn't half full or half empty it's both and neither at the same time. It's about how you decide how to look at it.

You can't have good with out evil and vice versa so do what makes you happy. Look after number one, love yourself and create goodness in your own life and that will spread to others.

I'm starting to sound like a hippy now but early morning waffling will do that.
    Just have a listen to the likes of Dr wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra and Allan Watts instead of Alex Jones, etc.

My basic point is that good and evil will never defeat each other so do what feels good to you.

Chopra woo isn't for me, woo woo nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Eh.. you're missing the point. This seems to be a recurring theme on this thread. There is a lack and logic and reason here. (What else should I have expected?)
    I say again, make an effort to understand what I've written and don't just see what you want to see.

Satanism is a very broad term. In fact some satanist groups are atheist.

The central theme of this group is that they accept the inherent flaws of man, and don't try to be perfect, but rather embrace the nature of man, and as you put it, do what makes you happy. See LeVeyan Satanism. Its pretty close to what you've been posting about.

Undergod wrote: »
    As I understand it, only monotheists are allowed join, so Hindus are out. Buddhists too.

Catholics are prevented by the rules of Catholicism from joining Masonic orders, not by any Masonic rules.

To clarify, what do you mean when you say Satanism? Do you mean worship of Satan? What does it entail?

We are Masons, but we are also Christians, Jews, Buddhists and members of various faiths and beliefs.
    http://www.thaifreemason.com/pollresults.htm

Yes catholics are prevented by the vatican, which is run by mason's, isn't it ironic.

satanism, has different forms, like christianity, all christians are not the same, and yes the ritual worship of satan, black masses, child sacrifice etc, although some satanists claim not to worship a deity, yet have rituals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Dull and Boring started this thread because he was fearful of devil worship and thereby by created even more free publicity for JayZ etc. How many thousands of extra hits has JayZ's website and videos gotten because of conversations like this?

First of all.....it's she!:P

Second...I'm not fearful, I'm curious....there's a difference! I don't believe myself to be easily influenced by it. We're all influenced constantly by advertising anyway and are for the most part completely oblivious to that. I studied Marketing and the evidence of that is clear. In fact it would be difficult to determine what society would be like now without all these subliminal influences via marketing and music. We're all puppets unfortunately.

Thirdly, it's not my intention to promote Jay-Z by talking about it. Would you have preferred me to keep quiet, not question what I'd heard and continued oblivious and in doing so had avoided promoting Jay-Z??

Second...I'm not fearful, I'm curious....there's a difference! I don't believe myself to be easily influenced by it. We're all influenced constantly by advertising anyway and are for the most part completely oblivious to that. I studied Marketing and the evidence of that is clear. In fact it would be difficult to determine what society would be like now without all these subliminal influences via marketing and music. We're all puppets unfortunately.

Thirdly, it's not my intention to promote Jay-Z by talking about it. Would you have preferred me to keep quiet, not question what I'd heard and continued oblivious and in doing so had avoided promoting Jay-Z??

Well said Miss!, and your not dull and boring after all, question everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Make an effort to be polite!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

It was a gift from french freemason's to american freemasons.

I bet it came with a really sinister mob style gift tag that said "From our brothers to your brothers".:D

Alleged devil worship is nothing new in the music business, from Paganini (18th century violin maker and maestro) to Mick Jagger (Sympathy for the Devil), AC/DC (satanism in schoolboy shorts), now JayZ and Lady GaGa. It baffles me that the devil-worshipping stunt still shocks people!

I hate to say this, but look at any decent old building in this town and there's a good chance the Freemasons had a hand in designing it.

Emme wrote: »
    I bet it came with a really sinister mob style gift tag that said "From our brothers to your brothers".:D

Alleged devil worship is nothing new in the music business, from Paganini (18th century violin maker and maestro) to Mick Jagger (Sympathy for the Devil), AC/DC (satanism in schoolboy shorts), now JayZ and Lady GaGa. It baffles me that the devil-worshipping stunt still shocks people!

I hate to say this, but look at any decent old building in this town and there's a good chance the Freemasons had a hand in designing it.

Very true and sadly I agree with everything you say, I'm not sad I agree with you, just sad it's true, and yes they did design our grand oul buildings.

Yes catholics are prevented by the vatican, which is run by mason's, isn't it ironic.

satanism, has different forms, like christianity, all christians are not the same, and yes the ritual worship of satan, black masses, child sacrifice etc, although some satanists claim not to worship a deity, yet have rituals.

Well some of them are atheist yeah. What sort are Jay-Z and Rihanna? So what if they are Satanist? As long as they're not the child-sacrifice sort, what's the problem with them having their own religious beliefs? If they are the child-sacrifice sort, then take issue with that and show us evidence that they kill children, rather than just (alleged) evidence that they are Satanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I dont think we can doubt that they worship a something in there music.
    I notice that nearly all of these "stars" are involved with bahomet symbolism in there videos and album pictures.
    Like the Rhianna umbrella video where she is inside a triangle in the shape of Bahomet(obviously photoshopped) 2 pointing up 2 pointing down (as above so below).
    Or the umbrella poster where is spells sex between her and the umbrella makes me sure that i wasnt being silly thinking she or her handlers are attempting to control her fans.
    Ah il just let lennon honor do the talking :)
    http://www.lenonhonorfilms.com/TheWorkingsOfEvilPart1.html

Also http://pseudoccultmedia.blogspot.com/2009/11/rihanna-imprisoned-mannekitten.html covers Rhianna, although i have not read this piece yet i am sure it will be entertaining and/or informative.

Some things for people to note.
    In movies and music videos a Monarch butterfly is ussually symbolic of mind control and a change of personality or allegiance.

Black and white checkered squares are considered special to freemasons because of the dualism i think.This doesnt mean all black and white chequered squares are evil just that in cases like the lady gagas video about her papas rocket it ties in well with other symbolisms in that video. (italian translation of song titled Papa Razzi iirc).
    For more info see http://pseudoccultmedia.blogspot.com/2009/05/lady-gagas-dissociation-from-papas.html

Heres a piece on Christina Aguilera who i think started out in the disney camps along with Britney Spears and many more.
    http://pseudoccultmedia.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

Now i think it is pretty clear there is a trend occuring.And its fair to say those people should be free to have there own beliefs and even act on them....as long as they do no harm to or limit another humans growth or wellbeing.
    This is where i like to stand seperate from most people i know.
    Alot who see this satanic influence will dissmiss it as a stunt for publicity?
    Or something else, im not sure what excuse warrants what i have seen...i just cant think of any really,apart from the obvious to me.

I honestly believe that all this subliminal material IS effecting people on a crazy scale.Its so extreme in my eyes the changes in the last 10 years its laughable.I remember the days when i could look up a dating site and most people would be registered as straight.
    Nowadays the majority or women seem to be bi-sexual like its a cool way to be(i have noticed a massive rise in this trend around ireland myself too)..not quite understanding where its cool but i could probably guess
    this latest cool way to be is directly and inderictly the cause of the media.
    Anyone remember Britney and Madonna kissing on stage?
    Tons of music and music stars are guiding young fans into there future models.
    I believe there is an effect on the mind when repeating song lyrics that have double meaning,especially when they come with a subliminal video.
    I would guess that the subconcious sees what you dont and takes it in.
    The brain after all can only conciously cope with 7 things at a time iirc.
    That might be why you can bypass the concious mind by flashing fast images or using images hidden in plain sight,which appeal to the subconcious brain imo because of the picture inside the picture type symbolism or pattern but isnt noticeable to the concious unless you are looking.Sometimes its so fast i dont even see them without pausing.

Remember the phrase you are what you eat?
    Well i am starting to think you are what you watch/listen to.
    Next time you hear someone sing along with Rhianna or katy Perry have a think about the lyrics and what effect they might have on teenagers and kids who are exposed to this hypnotic media and repeat it within themselves!
    It doesnt matter to me if they want to worship Satan,Rainman,Bahomet etc
    It does matter when that corrupt influence spreads to Kids and in effect corrupts there minds teaching them to have a belief system (which imo is severely flawed!) at such a young age when in my opinion someone should not have such a system imprinted at all but should be reserved until old enough to understand not only the information put before them but also what goes on behind that.
    It really really is like the matrix.I mean that symbolically not literally :P
    Theres what you see in plain sight and then theres this whole other world of sh1t going on with so many levels to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

If you're interested in all this CT stuff you should watch the esoteric agenda on youtube. Pay special attention to the last three videos. In fact skip the other 10 and go straight to 04:05 in video 11.

I used to worry my self and get anxious about CTs until I watched this. If there really is a conspiracy then you are letting ''them'' win by letting it affect you and worry you. The only way to ''fight'' is to live your life in peace and love. If you fear and hate evil then you are only hurting yourself.
    Alex Jones and the like empower the very people they're trying to destroy by creating fear and hatred.

The fact is you can't have good with out evil, light with out dark, hot with out cold, yes with out no, 1 with out 0, yin with out yang. If there was nothing but good in the world how would you know what good was with out having evil to compare it to? How stupid and boring would Batman be if he didn't have the evil Joker to fight. If there was one ultimate sports team that could never be beaten that sport would cease to exist. Even Brazil looses, even the All Blacks loose.

The ''battle'' between good and evil will never be won, but will go on for eternity. It is merely shifting patterns of negative and positive, on and off, love and hate, yes and no, yin and yang, 1 and 0.

A storm is a conflict between a cold front and a warm front. We don't see weather men blaming the evil warm front for attacking the good cold front.

War is evil, how ever, far more lives have been saved by wartime medical developments (triage, surgery, etc) compared to the amount of lives war has taken. Therefore war is good.
    Medicine is good, how ever, how many murderers, rapists and jedwards has medicine saved? Millions. Therefore medicine is evil

Don't let the fear of evil take something you love away from you. If Rihanna is ''Evil'' then she is doing the side of ''Goodness'' a favour by giving goodness something to fight against, therefore Rihanna is good.

The ''battle'' between good and evil is a beautiful thing. Enjoy it like you would a film or else you'll drive your self and those around you crazy with conspiratorial rants. I've been there and done that. Now I focus on taking care of myself and the people I love and I enjoy life.

Learn to be comfortable with contradiction. Evil is Good, Good is Evil

If you want to get more into what I've been talking about I would recommend Allan Watts.

You are completely wrong, first of all you say you used to believe "conspiracy theories" but they wouldnt be "theories" if you believed them.Alex Jones doesnt spread fear and hatred, he exposes criminality and government underhandedness, giving people a real understanding of whats going on.And how are you letting "them" win by awakening yourself to their evil agendas, doing nothing and hoping things will work themselves out isnt going to get you very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I'm sure they do worship the devil.
    I say let them.
    I don't believe in any of the crap and couldn't care less if those moron's do.
    People say Led Zeppelin were into the occult and communicated that throught their music, at least their music was worth listening to. I love Led Zep but couldn't give two fvcks about the devil and Alistair Crowleys big book of gay demons, I can draw the line. Let J zed and his stupid wife worship the devil and put their stupid little masonic gang signs into their videos. The people smart enough to be worth saving from the New World Order and it's evils aren't paying a blind bit of attention to them anyway, so fvck 'em.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm sure they do worship the devil.
    I say let them.
    I don't believe in any of the crap and couldn't care less if those moron's do.
    People say Led Zeppelin were into the occult and communicated that throught their music, at least their music was worth listening to. I love Led Zep but couldn't give two fvcks about the devil and Alistair Crowleys big book of gay demons, I can draw the line. Let J zed and his stupid wife worship the devil and put their stupid little masonic gang signs into their videos. The people smart enough to be worth saving from the New World Order and it's evils aren't paying a blind bit of attention to them anyway, so fvck 'em.

I read a book about Aleister Crowley. Despite the notoriety he was quite interesting - he was a mountaineer as well as everything else. He actually came from a fundamentalist Protestant background in Ireland. If he hadn't been into the occult he might have conquered Everest, in those days that would have been no mean feat.

Does anyone know that the song "Stairway to Heaven" was allegedly a prayer to the devil? I think a lot of the fuss about devil worship in the music business is media manipulation - it's like kids hanging out with the heavy gang so as to appear tough and get street cred. As for Beyonce - she should put a sock in it and not be telling people to put a ring on it!

Stairway to heaven?????

AGAIN
    http://www.guzer.com/animations/stairway.php

It's quite widespread, and these people truly do believe in a supernatural dark power, it's the unknown controllers who are the real dark forces, many hang in high circles and don't like to be talked about, filth!.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Emme wrote: »
    I read a book about Aleister Crowley and he was a mountaineer as well as everything else. If he hadn't been into the occult he might have conquered Everest, in those days that would have been no mean feat.

Does anyone know that the song "Stairway to Heaven" was allegedly a prayer to the devil? I think a lot of it is media manipulation. I don't know what exactly Jay Zee does and I don't care and Beyonce should put a sock in it and not be telling people to put a ring on it!

Seemingly when played backwards it contains the message "My sweet Satan" or some bullsh1t like that. Here's a wiki link about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stairway_to_Heaven#Allegation_of_backward_masking

To me it's a good song that probably a bit longer than it needed to be but it was the 70's after all so it can be forgiven it's excesses.

Alaister Crowley was quite a fascinating character, if a bit of a mad man. I heard he started a ritual to summon a demon near Loch Ness, seemingly the ritual had to be performed over a number of days/weeks. He got bored and only did half of it, what a guy. He probably realised it was BS and decided to go for a pint instead. I also heard he had a disciple, a man called L Ron Hubbard, who later became the founder of the celeb friendly psuedo religion the Church of Scientology. He's a man with quite a lot of mystery surrounding him, some people believe he was the father of Barbara Bush, Geroge H W's wife and mother of Dubya. Who know's it could all be true.
    I heard about his mountanineering espcapades, although he strikes me as being someone who started a lot of things without ever seeing them through to their conclusion. He was also purportedly a secret service agent during World War 2. I doubt he was ever bored.

Glazers Out!

Torakx wrote: »
    The brain after all can only conciously cope with 7 things at a time iirc.

Great post overall, and very true, there is subliminal communication going on, I notice it all around, every kids show and toy is covered in pentagrams/stars,
    Wiki"Pentagrams were used symbolically in ancient Greece and Babylonia, and are used today as a symbol of faith by many Wiccans, akin to the use of the cross by Christians and the Star of David by Jews. The pentagram has magical associations, and many people who practice Neopagan faiths wear jewelry incorporating the symbol. Christians once more commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus,[1][2] and it also has associations within Freemasonry.[3]".

I've noticed a change in childrens behaviour and whats cool, satanic horned hand means cool, americanised hannah montanna girls, it's there to creep into your subconscience, without your conscience noticing.

But getting back on track, what I quoted from you about the brain only coping with 7 things at once, I immediately thought of 8 track recorders used in the past, maybe somebody slipped in the 8th track for subliminal purposes??, just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Good point about the toys and behaviour i do notice that too more every few years.

Also an interesting point you made on the 8-track ive never thought about that.
    Il have to look into 8 tracks and if i find anything good il make a new thread maybe related to that :)

Woops. My bad. Apologies. Also when you said that you where depressed that something you loved turned out to be evil I mistook this to have an element of fear. Again, apologies.
    And if I have been impolite it is because I find it frustrating to be labeled as a devil worshiper and satanist when the recurring theme of my posts was peace and love. In fact Bob Marley was probably the first person to introduce me to this way of thinking.
    Just so you all know, all of the beliefs I have been talking about are based in science, mainly quantum physics and eastern Zen philosophy. The two over lap quite beautifully. For more check out Allan Watts and the last three videos of the esoteric agenda
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHZcKdb3Bc&feature=PlayList&p=A25BA2CBB1EA4DC1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=23/ It gets really interesting from 04.08

As for Rihanna, Jay Z, etc the power of the symbols they use is held in the belief that they have power. Sports psychologists use this tactic all the time. I think was the Armagh GAA team who's sports psycologist hypnotized the team into believing that a certain symbol gave them power then had the symbol sewed onto their jersey.
    The use of symbology is a common tactic and based in science. If you believe a drawing of an upside down star has power then it does. Lucky charms etc have the same effect.

As for promoting Jay Z by talking about him, whether this is our intention or not it's exactly what we are doing. To use Led Zep as an example, the best thing to happen to their career was preachers ranting and raving about them in their churchs. They would not have broken America if not for the help of their detractors. For thousands of young people, their first introduction to rock music was in the church. I could be wrong but I believe this included Marilyn Manson. Another example is, people on this thread who disagree with me, quoting my entire post then writing one paragraph. This only serves to spread my message and proves my point.

The reason many of these symbols are seen as satanic is because the people who originally used them were mathematicians and alchemists. The symbols did give them power because it allowed them to work out complex formulas, etc. Various churches down through the ages were frightened by this power and so demonised these people by saying that the symbols they used where signs of the devil. Common fear tactics.

Jay Z's PR people saw what happened to Led Zep and are now capitalizing on this fear by using the symbols. The real conspiracy is that, paranoid conspiracy theorists are being used as a powerful PR tool.

Just out of curiosity miss D&B, have you decided on whether or not you'll go to the Rihanna concert? I say go and enjoy it.

But getting back on track, what I quoted from you about the brain only coping with 7 things at once, I immediately thought of 8 track recorders used in the past, maybe somebody slipped in the 8th track for subliminal purposes??, just a thought!

The 8-tracks used to play music or to record music? I mean either way you're probably hearing it in either stereo or mono, so it doesn't really matter. ( I might be able to go a bit more into the technical details if you like) And many more tracks can be used to record music now, so what are they all for?

It's not like listening to 7 tracks of music is taking up your whole concious mind, you can still eat and talk and perform complex motor functions while the radio is on!

EDIT: Great post, DeBunny, do you have any links on the thing about the Armagh GAA team?

• Advertisement

The reason many of these symbols are seen as satanic is because the people who originally used them were mathematicians and alchemists. The symbols did give them power because it allowed them to work out complex formulas, etc. Various churches down through the ages were frightened by this power and so demonised these people by saying that the symbols they used where signs of the devil. Common fear tactics.

Consider that most people in those days were illiterate so the skills of mathematicians and alchemists would have appeared almost supernatural. Alchemists were only doing stuff that you'd do in first year science now, but people thought that the world was flat back then and most hadn't travelled beyond their village of birth. The church, who wanted to control the masses (haven't I heard this thing about controlling the masses before :rolleyes:) probably fed into that to frighten the people.

If you look at old churches you will see symbols everywhere - stars, equal armed crosses, five petalled roses (a sort of pentagram) and triangles with circles in the middle (the all seeing eye). This stuff isn't new. It's been going on for hundreds of years if not longer and it will be still going on when we're no longer here, and people will still be accusing some random group of worshipping the devil.

Carl Jung might say that those symbols are part of humanity's collective unconscious, ie they appear in some form in all civilisations throughout the world, and that's why they are so powerful. It's nowt to do with the devil!

I don't doubt the existence of symbolism in mass media, but if it shifts plastic toys and fattens up the bottom line multinationals will continue to do what they're doing. All we have to do is stop buying the rubbish they're trying to sell us. Don't sit in and watch MTV - go out for a walk and don't expose yourself to this rubbish! People have choice and free will, it's very important to remember that and exercise it to your advantage.

Advertisement