Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Olympics on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

robinph wrote: »
    The Snowboard Cross finals are not being shown live on either Beeb2/3 or Eurosport by the looks of it, and even the highlights will be missed due to stupid NI scheduling again. :mad:

You should be able to see everything here for free http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

tunguska wrote: »
    The highlight of the weekend had to be the womens 3000m relay speed skating. Now when it comes to sports Im most defintely a purist and I get pissed off when female friends of mine only watch rugby to look at the lads. Absolute disgrace. Anyway I sat down to watch the womens relay with the purist of intentions, to watch a sporting spectacle and nothing more. However Im afraid all that changed on saturday night/sunday morning. The first thing I noticed was that there were a few real lookers in the bunch. Then I noticed the skin tight lycra. Then to seal the deal, they started touching each others butts. Obviously it was a bloke who came up with this particular spin on the sport.........This should come with a fire warning becasue the womens relay speed skating is hot stuff!! A cheap thrill on a saturday night.

Ahem....linky ? I was in a non-snowy land and got to see nuttin so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Ahem....linky ? I was in a non-snowy land and got to see nuttin so far :(

Sorry opinion guy I went looking for a link but couldnt find one. Im technologically assbackways but Im sure one of the lads will be able to locate something for you.

Womens luge was fierce exciting, a lot closer than the mens. And the womens snowboards cross was also very good, although the mens final was pretty much unbeatable in terms of drama and excitment.
    Not crazy about the figure skating though, its a little too airy fairy for my tastes. I mean my mother loves it so that in itself screams STAY AWAY!!
    Curling, again, was hilarious. All that shouting and frantic sweeping brush action.......brilliant. Although I had to laugh at the interview with one of team GBs curling squad. She looked about 50 and was saying, without any hint of irony, in an interview about all the strength and conditioning work that all the team were doing??????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Been wathing the GBR womens curling and have been confused as to why they kept on deliberately missing easy 1 point scores at the end of each end. I think it must be something to do with keeping the last stone advantage for the next end is more important than getting a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good womens downhill event so far. There's been a couple of really heavy collisions already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Some serious crashes alright, seems that they are all getting up and walking away so far, to varying degrees.

Was watching the womens XC sprint earlier and the favorite went and fell of the track and crashed into a tree on the warm up lap a couple of minutes before the start. They let her start at the back of the field which gave her about 10 minutes to recover and she still managed to qualify, possibly with broken ribs or something.

They are a tough bunch doing these Winter Olympic sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Been wathing the GBR womens curling and have been confused as to why they kept on deliberately missing easy 1 point scores at the end of each end. I think it must be something to do with keeping the last stone advantage for the next end is more important than getting a point.

I think you are correct about the 'last stone advantage'.

I suppose the logic is that having last stone advantage gives you a decent chance of scoring more than one point in the next end, so it's not worth losing it for the sake of just a single point.

Also conceding the final stone to the opposition would give them a better chance of scoring more than one point. Something like that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

most amazing women's downhill i have ever seen, epic crashes....Looks like Paerson might be in trouble for the rest of the games..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Fair play Lindsey Vonn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

most amazing women's downhill i have ever seen, epic crashes....Looks like Paerson might be in trouble for the rest of the games..

Scariest thing I have ever seen....amazed she got up 60meters !

commentator was gas, " I think thats further than Eddie Edwards made it in the 92 Olympics !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

This isnt working

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

Anyone got a link -wanna watch Shaun White run amuck at 10 tonight

dario28 wrote: »
    This isnt working

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/

Anyone got a link -wanna watch Shaun White run amuck at 10 tonight

It is working fine for me. Could be the version of Flash you have installed though as it won't work for me on one of my machines which I've only got an old version on.

The EPG for those streams has the HalfPipe starting at 9pm:
    http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/epg/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Just turned on women's downhill on eurovision and they were airlifting someone off. Any idea what happened, I didn't see it.

Didn't see anyone airlifted off earlier, but the way the top runners were crahsing out I'd not be surprised for there to have been plenty more crashing in the later numbers. Any idea who it was?

No, I just saw a red body bag type thing being airlifted off the piste with one of those blue jacket guys tagging along. I presume it's a form of airlift stretcher.

But commentators earlier did say that they airlifted off someone who was able to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

It was the skier from Romania, Miklos.

This downhill is carnage but entertaining. An argentinian skier just had to be extracted from underneath one of the pillowy barriers, and the next skier was somehow allowed to start and then had to be yellow flagged.

Just watching the stream of the halfpipe and I don't think I've ever seen a grumpier group of people than the boarders when they get to the finish of their run. They get there and pull some silly faces in front of the camera, then the scores come up and they realise they are not as good as Shaun White and they then turn around and walk off in a huff. :D

Lots more smiles from people finishing their runs in other events, despite them beng in no doubt that they have not won.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

eurosport cut to the xcountry sprints so didn't see the end of downhill, not surprised that more people split themselves, everyone saying it was tougher thans mens downhill....

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Did anyone watch the Xcountry sprints? Really exciting finals, the Slovenian girl who tumbled down the embankment and hit a tree ended up with Bronze but seemed to be in a bad way at the finish, she was carried off by the staff. Gold to Norway.

In the mens a Russian one two with the favoured Norwegians not delivering. They are having a bad comp so far, they were a long of the pace in the first race.

Enjoying the Biathlon. I was surprised how entertaining the short track speedskating is.

• Advertisement

That womens XC was pretty good alright and really well done to Petra Majdic getting the bronze. Seemed to be a pretty tight schedule between each round of the races, but she still had time to head off to hospital inbetween races to get checked out. She was really suffering after each round though and I guess they couldn't give her anything for the pain or she'd fail the doping tests, so once she got over the line in the final she was done and had nothing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Fell asleep and missed the final run of the halfpipe.. Heard white's victory lap was amazing.. Double mctwist or something...

Any one have any links, you tube have removed all olympic content..

I was trying to stay up for the halfpipe myself as well, but even the crazyness of the short track skating was not enough to keep me awake.

There is a couple of clips of Shaun Whites final run in the News feed on the Eurovision streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone know where I'd find the clip of the French skier who fell after about 10 metres in the women's downhill yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Also did you see the poor French skier, Marion Rolland, who fell over just a few metres away from the start gate while she was still skating to get up some speed? The poor girl looked like she just wanted to crawl into a hole and die, and the camera shot of the French coach when he saw what she'd done was priceless! I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that debriefing :)

I'm sure there's a YouTube clip of it, but YouTube seems to be dead at the moment.

There was the clip of her in part of the current news stream on Eurovison as well. It looked like she might have actually injured herself in that fall as well with her needing help to get the skis off.

Alun wrote: »
    Also did you see the poor French skier, Marion Rolland, who fell over just a few metres away from the start gate while she was still skating to get up some speed? The poor girl looked like she just wanted to crawl into a hole and die, and the camera shot of the French coach when he saw what she'd done was priceless! I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that debriefing :)

I'm sure there's a YouTube clip of it, but YouTube seems to be dead at the moment.

Yeah what the hell was that all about ? I've never seen that happen a pro before. I mean its up there with the Irish olympic swimmer who failed out because she got water in her goggles:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

YouTube have taken down all the videos of the incident ... "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by International Olympic Committee." Yah, boo, hiss!

:confused:

There seems to be no evening program on BBC2 today according to Radiotimes.co.uk and we don't get anything from them until 12:20 am tonight, which I think will be an hour after the program actually starts and missing the skeleton runs. :confused:

• Advertisement

:confused:

There seems to be no evening program on BBC2 today according to Radiotimes.co.uk and we don't get anything from them until 12:20 am tonight, which I think will be an hour after the program actually starts and missing the skeleton runs. :confused:

Wtf ?
    And I don't get eurovision

Advertisement