Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

steveon wrote: »
    kevez wrote: »
    is that on a clone box?

Never even knew there was a clone but always guessed there mite be at some stage but I find clones always poorly made...how much was the the clone?
    €220 couldn't afford the original one (€350) so this will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

satboxes have the original for €311.Seems to be the best price.

yabadabado wrote: »
    satboxes have the original for €311.Seems to be the best price.
    I didn't see that untill yesterday I probably would have waited a few more week and get it but I have this now so it will have to do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm going to try out the VIX image, I'm running blackhole for a while now but have noticed some network issues from time to time as well as the media player acting up from time to time, I usually leave myself a couple of hours with the missues out of the house to get to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm going to try out the VIX image

do it

the latest image is rock stable on my box

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The fact there are clones of the Vu+Duo must be testament to how popular this box has become!

byte wrote: »
    The fact there are clones of the Vu+Duo must be testament to how popular this box has become!

Only have it a short while but so far it has been brilliant and I probably haven't even scratched the surface with what it is capable of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

yabadabado wrote: »
    Only have it a short while but so far it has been brilliant and I probably haven't even scratched the surface with what it is capable of doing.

Its taken me over a yr to finally get round to play with my box due to work commitments but even now I learn new things everyday...the programmers for this box beggers belief at what they have achieved..

quick question how do i get my epg to look like skyhds one i see someone has it like it on page 101 of this thread

quick question how do i get my epg to look like skyhds one i see someone has it like it on page 101 of this thread

Download autobouqets e2 and cross epg for the guide..

• Advertisement

Its taken me over a yr to finally get round to play with my box due to work commitments but even now I learn new things everyday...the programmers for this box beggers belief at what they have achieved..
    What would you say are the must have features to have switched on or downloaded onto the box?

The autobouqets and cross epg make the box amazing....and the 1 channel streamer can be great 2...

I personally love the Livefootball plugin as it gives u all the results and fixtures of all the matches in all the different leagues and sometimes even tells u the channel u can find it on..amazing lol

The autobouqets and cross epg make the box amazing....and the 1 channel streamer can be great 2...

I personally love the Livefootball plugin as it gives u all the results and fixtures of all the matches in all the different leagues and sometimes even tells u the channel u can find it on..amazing lol

How do i download that do i do it on the box or my pc. sorry if its a stupid question?

The box came set up so I am a little cautious messing with it.It came with Black Hole set up on it and there seems to be plenty of plugins on it,so I might just see about activating them.
    Edit: I see I have live football V4.2 and v4.3 which one is the best to download?

How do i download that do i do it on the box or my pc. sorry if its a stupid question?

Run plugin and then click green to download new plugins its listed under one of the menus Im not at home at the moment so I will check for u when I get home....but I think therwe was a problem for the past with downloading plugins not sure if it has been resolved yet.

hi can some one give me the tuner settings for the vu duo please i cant find all the channels

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I called in my unix-expert friend today for a brief look and he couldn't get it on either. Thing is, he could see it via the network on his Samsung Galaxy S3, but I couldn't on my android tablet or on my Windows PC... but we could see it if we mapped to it via the ip address (as opposed to the server name).

So, I've been able to get it working and mapped via ip address, but not the standard way. I still don't know why, but I've lost much too much time over it already so unless it jumps up to bite me sometime I'm not worrying about it any longer. :)
    It's funny - only last night did I notice that I too no longer could access Vu from Windows.

After farting about for ages, I just did what you did and mapped the drive, so thanks for mentioning your workaround!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I installed the VIX image, oh my did I not like that, I don't think my TV is fully compliant with it or something cause there was a strange pink hue off every channel, the OSD didn't fit properly, I didn't like the skins, back to blackhole for me I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Sounds to me like your resolution wasn't set properly. Those issues otherwise have nothing to do with VIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Quick one for the VIX users here. I've just updated my box to VIX 3.0 from 2.4. However I appear to have lost my timers. Is there a way of restoring those without loading a full 2.4 settings backup (which I think is a no-no).

Update: Sorry just found out how to do this...I'll leave it here for others who may have the same problem.

Basically you FTP to /etc/enigma2 and copy the files named autotimer.xml and timers.xml to your pc. Once the new image is setup FTP them back to the same folder on the new image then perform a GUI / Enigma2 restart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i ran a software update toan unstable version and when i reboot it , the vix blue background comes up and box turns off. any ideas?

irishgeo wrote: »
    i ran a software update toan unstable version and when i reboot it , the vix blue background comes up and box turns off. any ideas?

I don't -other than flash the firmware again and then a new vix update.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

can anyone point me in the right direction please, looking at buying the vu duo box but am looking for one complete with internal hard drive.

Any suggestions on where to buy for best deal/price??

Cheers

JonnyM wrote: »
    can anyone point me in the right direction please, looking at buying the vu duo box but am looking for one complete with internal hard drive.

Any suggestions on where to buy for best deal/price??

Cheers
    I bought mine from satboxes.com .it was d cheapest place and answered any questions I had.they gave me the option of picking whatever size hard drive I wanted.it was delivered within 2 days of ordering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

i found this one good

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Digital-Receivers-VU+/c46_84/p369/Vu+-DUO-Twin-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver/product_info.html

you get a few freebies as well

I would do a search as I think prices are dropping.

enjoy I am waiting for the next version

ps satboxes are out of stock

whats the difference with clone boxes against the original?? Is there much of a difference with picture etc??

whats the difference with clone boxes against the original?? Is there much of a difference with picture etc??

There would be no difference in picture, but reliability and support are key. Will it last? Will I get help if something goes wrong with it? Will it be able to use all the Vu Duo firmware updates without issue? If I am having some problem after I get it, is my problem related to it being a clone or is there something else?

Personally I wouldn't risk it, but if there was one going for say 100euros maybe it'd be worth a gamble (after hearing from others that it works). Anything more than that and I'd be inclined to save the pennies and buy the 'non-clone'.

What sort of free channels can this box pick up using a sky dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What sort of free channels can this box pick up using a sky dish?

All the freesat channels listed here

http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/our-channels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

irishgeo wrote: »
    All the freesat channels listed here

http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/our-channels

plus all of the ones that are not on freesat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement