Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Well actually it did work. The problem was the 'channels' it showed as found were not what it found. Instead the new ones were already onscreen. I only had to press down arrow two or three times to scroll to the one I needed. There was no onscreen info for it though. So anyway, eventually it did work with these settings. Thanks lertsnim. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

hi guys can anyone help i bought a clone v2 vu+duo have it all set up working fine except for when i was installing it with the wizard i put it through scart as i didnt have a hdmi to hand anyway i have now i have got one but my tv wont let me view through hdmi it keeps selecting scart my tv is a new philips model ive paired up the receiver with the tv but wont let me watch channel ive enabled autoresolution on receiver and also selected hdmi in a/v settings would this be the receiver or tv

karl75 wrote: »
    hi guys can anyone help i bought a clone v2 vu+duo have it all set up working fine except for when i was installing it with the wizard i put it through scart as i didnt have a hdmi to hand anyway i have now i have got one but my tv wont let me view through hdmi it keeps selecting scart my tv is a new philips model ive paired up the receiver with the tv but wont let me watch channel ive enabled autoresolution on receiver and also selected hdmi in a/v settings would this be the receiver or tv

Short answer is I don't know.
    Longer answer...
    Do you still have the scart attached? Try detaching that and cycling through the hdmi channels. The tv could be getting the signal, just not auto-switching to it.

Assuming the clone works the same as the Duo itself, there's a menu setting to select which port to use for video output (on the Duo). ...How about running the wizard again?

There's also a menu option in there somewhere, now that I think of it, to use the hdmi port to signal to the telly to switch on/ off. I think that's called hdmi cec or something like that.

no took scart out reinstalled tv again paired box with tv but says no signal and black screen my hdmi port is at side of tv but when i scroll down menu it just says hdmi i select hdmi side again but still black how do i get back to install wizard witout installing new s/w again my hdmi lead wasnt long enough thats why i chose scart and i thought it would be easy just to select hdmi but not in this case its mad cos the minute i plug scart lead in again i have picture

There's a menu option (somewhere) to run the wizard. At least on the non-clone Duo there is.
    I assume you have more than one hdmi port on your tv(?) Did you cycle through each of those ports to make sure it's not on?

It could be a faulty cable too of course.

...By the way, not trying to be smart, but if you could use full-stops it'd make it easier (for me) to read/understand your sentences.

• Advertisement

sorry force of habit,found another hdmi socket at back,plugged it in and bingo,working now brill,thanks for the help cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

got the vu+ duo and I am trying to set it up I have one query.I have vodafone broadband in the house and I have a modem set up beside my desktop.Can I use another modem on vu+ box.I cannot run an ethernet cable from the modem to the vu+ box.

Is it possible to do or should I use homeplugs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Get yourself a homeplug, easiest and handiest way to sort it out, otherwise get yourself a wifi dongle for your box http://www.vuplus.com.au/wifi (like this) and you'll be able to move your box wherever you want.

The other option is to get a wifi bridge.

Clareman wrote: »
    Get yourself a homeplug, easiest and handiest way to sort it out, otherwise get yourself a wifi dongle for your box http://www.vuplus.com.au/wifi (like this) and you'll be able to move your box wherever you want.

The other option is to get a wifi bridge.
    cheers,I will go for the homeplugs,probably the easiest way to solve the problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's a good offer on Amazon at the moment (recommended them for my brother today) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003L78F6U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

The wifi dongle is great on the box (well on the ultimo) it shows up as a new network connection.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    There's a good offer on Amazon at the moment (recommended them for my brother today) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003L78F6U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

The wifi dongle is great on the box (well on the ultimo) it shows up as a new network connection.

Saw these ones as well.Much difference in them or are they all similar?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask.

Does anyone know how to make a TV default to HDMI when you turn it on?TV is on HDMI viewing vu+ box , turn the tv to Standby, turn it back on and it goes to AV1. I then have to keep pressing the AV button to get to HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

yabadabado wrote: »
    Saw these ones as well.Much difference in them or are they all similar?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

I use those for my upstairs receiver, they work perfectly and easy to setup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just an FYI but I used HDMI over two CAT6 baluns to allow HDMI viewing in another room, worked well.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask.

Does anyone know how to make a TV default to HDMI when you turn it on?TV is on HDMI viewing vu+ box , turn the tv to Standby, turn it back on and it goes to AV1. I then have to keep pressing the AV button to get to HDMI.

It depends on the tv and possibly the source device. If you're asking how to get the TV to automatically switch to the source extension your Duo is on, then there's an option for that in one of the menus (something like "Enable HDMI CEC").

You might find a similar option in your tv menu, or a "default source" at least. Similarly for other devices, although chances are you might not want the telly to automatically switch off just because you switch off, say, the Xbox.

I know it's not exactly the right place, but instead of trawling through reams of posts in reams of other threads I thought I might get away with a quick question here... If I was to buy a TV from another juristiction would I be safe enough to get one that has "DVB-T" built-in? ..I mean to be able to get Saorview direct? I realise it might not be MHEG5, but at least DVB-T should be able to pick up Saorview, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I know it's not exactly the right place, but instead of trawling through reams of posts in reams of other threads I thought I might get away with a quick question here... If I was to buy a TV from another juristiction would I be safe enough to get one that has "DVB-T" built-in? ..I mean to be able to get Saorview direct? I realise it might not be MHEG5, but at least DVB-T should be able to pick up Saorview, right?

I wouldn't be too sure....
    I have 2 DVB-T Tv's that can't do saorview due to being MPEG 2 only, I get audio only on those sets now.
    Some DVB-T sets will do MPEG-4 video, your best bet is to check the model number against the compatibility thread over on the terrestrial forum I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

are the VIX feeds down had to wipe my box and i cant get the skin i want back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

irishgeo wrote: »
    are the VIX feeds down had to wipe my box and i cant get the skin i want back on.

yeah they are experiencing problems with the feeds for the Duo

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20200-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Discussion/page43 *last post by pheonix*

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Derrywan

Hi, does anyone know if this usb tuner will work with a Vu+ Duo and Vu+ Solo running VIX image for Saorview?

Hauppauge WinTV - Duet has Dual DVB-T Digital TV Receiver by Hauppauge

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

hi just got a vu duo (clone) and i was wondering what is the best image for it i have just cancelled my skyhd package and intend getting a dtt tuner so i want to combine the epg for the both of them any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am on vix 3.0 and have no problems with it

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yep, pretty happy with VIX 3.0 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

ME 2 vix v3 is great.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I am on vix 3.0 and have no problems with it

is that on a clone box?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No.

I have a clone running black hole 1.7.3 and have no problems also I installed tspanel that will give you the xtra bits to get you running with card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

where did u buy the clone?

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    where did u buy the clone?
    On done deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

kevez wrote: »
    is that on a clone box?

Never even knew there was a clone but always guessed there mite be at some stage but I find clones always poorly made...how much was the the clone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement