Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

STB wrote: »
    Is it a clone ?

Nope, Genuine Vu+
    It's approaching 3yrs old now, I'm starting to thing it may be a capacitor or PSU issue as I'm getting a lot of hanging\spinning timers too lately.
    Aside from the tuner issue.
    Its getting to the stage where i could have a spinner on screen for 20 minutes :/ needing a hard reboot to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

banie01 wrote: »
    Nope, Genuine Vu+
    It's approaching 3yrs old now, I'm starting to thing it may be a capacitor or PSU issue as I'm getting a lot of hanging\spinning timers too lately.
    Aside from the tuner issue.
    Its getting to the stage where i could have a spinner on screen for 20 minutes :/ needing a hard reboot to sort out.

Short answer is Re-image. Corrupt or dodgy software perhaps. Are you using the HDD in universe mode to speed it up. Check that the drive is not fragged. Update the Kernel drivers etc.

Its a pain in the ass but at least you will have a cleaner system.

Are you using blackhole or Vix ?

Short answer is Re-image. Corrupt or dodgy software perhaps. Are you using the HDD in universe mode to speed it up. Check that the drive is not fragged. Update the Kernel drivers etc.

Its a pain in the ass but at least you will have a cleaner system.

Are you using blackhole or Vix ?

Clean Install already done and indeed redone with no backup restored.
    Hard drive of 1TB installed only used for movies\storage.
    Picons, EPG, Timeshift and swapfile all running from USB.
    Drive fragmentation(Its not BTW) would have no effect on system performance in my setup apart from movie playback.
    Drivers and Kernel all running latest updates.
    I'm fairly certain that this isn't an image\software issue and the longer the issue persists the more it strikes me as similar to Thomson HD box psu problem.
    I'll dig out a multimeter and give it a check in the next few days.
    I may just try and source a replacement PSU in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Hello guys, just wondering if anyone has tried Wintv nova-t on Azbox HD running OpenATV 3.0
    I have installed the driver dib0700 and can see the tuner, my problem is that its unable to scan any channel. I have tried during both single / complete transponder scan with no luck. It work Ok the the laptop. please any suggestion(s) welcomed

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

sammy this is a duo thread, put your post on a separate thread and get it seen better.

banieo1 did you sort the PSU ? or get a fix?

• Advertisement

GBCULLEN wrote: »

banieo1 did you sort the PSU ? or get a fix?

I've swapped the PSU, but after checking every cap on the old one I'm airly certain it wasn't/isn't a PSU issue.

The issue has reduced a lot in the mean time but this really must be a placebo effect.
    I'm thinking it may be a tuner issue with the higher SNR channels as other than I am a complete loss as to whats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mr Guinness.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my vu duo.When I go to record on rte1 the screen Goes blank and so does rte1,rte2,tang and tv3.all other channells work fine.the programe I'm trying to record will not.would anybody know if it is a tuner Configuration Problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Is that from Satellite or from an aerial?

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Is that from Satellite or from an aerial?

It's from a satellite

Haven't seen that issue myself, although I did have an issue with the Duo when accessing the irish channels via DVB-T and going black. What image are you running?

• Advertisement

Haven't seen that issue myself, although I did have an issue with the Duo when accessing the irish channels via DVB-T and going black. What image are you running?

Black hole that's as much as I know.its strange because when I try to record on rte1 the Program I'm recording is on the Timer.when I press play its showing a blank Screen.then when I delete it all the Irish stations come back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Derrywan

Hi, have a Vu Duo running VIX and just started using the inbuilt auto bouquet maker (not Lraizer verson), my problem is everytime it does the automatic scan I lose my Saorview channels through the USB tuner. Does anyone know how I set this up so as not to keep losing the channels from USB tuner? Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

anybody have the latest rats bouquet updater. can't download it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 20 guff daddy

Derrywan wrote: »
    Hi, have a Vu Duo running VIX and just started using the inbuilt auto bouquet maker (not Lraizer verson), my problem is everytime it does the automatic scan I lose my Saorview channels through the USB tuner. Does anyone know how I set this up so as not to keep losing the channels from USB tuner? Thanks for any help.

I've had the same issue since ABM was released - raised it on the VIX board and got no resolution. A quick manual scan of the tuner on frequency 546000 bandwidth 8mhz should find all the Saorview channels in a few seconds (at least that's the frequency for where I am - south west Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I started get this error message the last few day's. Anyone know what the problem is?
    creating hardlink to timeshift file failed!the filesystem on your timeshift-device does not support hardlinks.make sure it is formatted in ext2 or ext3!erno operation not permitted'

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

yabadabado wrote: »
    I started get this error message the last few day's. Anyone know what the problem is?

Possibly early signs that your HDD is failing, bad clusters etc? Search for running a disk check from telnet, or someone here might have the commands to hand. I haven't had to do it myself, but it seems you need to unmount the disk first, then run fschk. It's possible enigma2 runs this at startup, I'm not sure, maybe you should check your logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

does anyone know how to transcode a stream from the VU to VLC? I can use webif to stream to VLC

but I just want to transcode through VLC for viewing on an Android phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

kingtiger wrote: »
    does anyone know how to transcode a stream from the VU to VLC? I can use webif to stream to VLC

Yes, I have done this to view something on my phone while on holidays....need to root out the script I used at home..will come back to you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Why VLC - is it a 4:2:2 feed ?

If so why not use VLC for Android...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon&hl=en

Why VLC

bandwidth, I want to able to stream the box to my phone over 3g, so transcoding is necessary to lower the bitrate

• Advertisement

I didn't think the Vu Duo was strong enough to do transcoding on the fly. Thought you needed a Solo for that. Let me know if you get this to work!

I didn't think the Vu Duo was strong enough to do transcoding on the fly

its not, so thats why I want to use VLC to transcode the stream on my PC first

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

I've been out of the Vu+Duo-loop for a while. Hadn't updated in around a year. Forgotten most of what I knew.

A friend asked me about getting the RTE Player on there. We tried -and failed- on his one (tried the OnDream -or whatever it's called), but that's not my problem... My problem is I decided to update my player today in order to try the live player thing again. Updated the firmware. Updated Vix (to 3.0 -the latest one, I think).

The attached Nova-T wasn't picked up so I downloaded the dib-700 (or whatever it's called -similar to that anyway) driver from the plugins list. Rebooted (hard-reset). Looked in tuners again -no "C" tuner in view.

Am I forgetting to enable it somewhere else or any other suggestions on what I should do? It's definitely plugged into the back.

...After that didn't work I tried another plugin. Think it was a dib380 or something like that -just because it sounded familiar. Anyway, needless to say that did nothing for me either... but I'm thinking it'd be best to remove it anyway... er, how?

I was thinking the Vu+Duo would have a more friendly useability-factor by now, but if anything it seems to only have gotten worse!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Just get the Android app :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vuplus.vuplusplayer&hl=en

Clareman wrote: »

thanks but I have that and Dreamdroid

but I want to transcode streams with VLC to enable steaming on a different port with the ability to watch HD streams with a lower bitrate

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

thanks but I have that and Dreamdroid

but I want to transcode streams with VLC to enable steaming on a different port with the ability to watch HD streams with a lower bitrate

Fair enough, I just use the app and DDNS so I can watch it anywhere, I don't both with HD when streaming at all.

What you could try to do is create a separate .m3u file for each channel you'll want to watch and have that save on your phone and then open those in VLC Player Beta on your phone. The details of the file would be something like (depending on the channel), you can keep tinkering with the details until you get it the way you want it.
    #EXTM3U 
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true 
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=1104
    [url]http://box:8002/1:0:16:450:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0[/url]:

I've been out of the Vu+Duo-loop for a while. Hadn't updated in around a year. Forgotten most of what I knew.

A friend asked me about getting the RTE Player on there. We tried -and failed- on his one (tried the OnDream -or whatever it's called), but that's not my problem... My problem is I decided to update my player today in order to try the live player thing again. Updated the firmware. Updated Vix (to 3.0 -the latest one, I think).

The attached Nova-T wasn't picked up so I downloaded the dib-700 (or whatever it's called -similar to that anyway) driver from the plugins list. Rebooted (hard-reset). Looked in tuners again -no "C" tuner in view.

Am I forgetting to enable it somewhere else or any other suggestions on what I should do? It's definitely plugged into the back.

...After that didn't work I tried another plugin. Think it was a dib380 or something like that -just because it sounded familiar. Anyway, needless to say that did nothing for me either... but I'm thinking it'd be best to remove it anyway... er, how?

I was thinking the Vu+Duo would have a more friendly useability-factor by now, but if anything it seems to only have gotten worse!

What build version of VIX are you using?
    All VIX versions between 3.0.709 - 3.0.739 have driver issues meaning the PlayTV/ Nova T tuners won't work on those builds.
    If you move to a VIX build of .740 or later and just install the DIB0700 drivers the tuner will work away as normal.

thanks Clareman but thats not quite what i am after, I have already setup Dreamdroid to stream from my box over the internet \ 3g

So my progress is I have worked out how to transcode a stream in VLC using port 1234 and forwarded port 1234 on my gateway to the PC doing the encoding

so when I enter http://myname.dyndns.org:1234/ this should start VLC streaming to a remote location, but no joy

Can't figure out why

the box will stream and access webif using my DDNS on dreamdroid \ Vu player on my chosen port for the VU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

Ok this is how you do the compressed stream using VLC.

I use ubuntu for my desktop so you would need to look up the equivalent for Windows if applicable

Simply run the command clvc in a command line on the computer hosting VLC.

See below for help on parameters

https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation:Streaming_HowTo/Command_Line_Examples/

My example
    cvlc http://192.168.1.10:8099/web/stream.m3u?ref=1%3A0%3A1%3A2582%3A7FB%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A%3ARTE%20TWO --sout='#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=500,scale=0.66,aco dec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=1}:std{access=http,mux=ts, dst=192.168.1.12:26000}' --sout-keep

Address of stream from OpenWebIf - http://192.168.1.10:8099/web/stream.m3u?ref=1%3A0%3A1%3A2582%3A7FB%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A%3ARTE%20TWO

vb (bitrate) and scale (.66 being 2/3 the resolution in pixels of the source) are the important values for quality and therefore size of stream over the internet - playing with these will allow you to get the best compromise which streaming always is

dst is the machine on your network hosting VLC and the address supplied here has to have a unique port as this is the broadcast port

In this case you would map to 192.168.1.12:26000 via your router which in turn is presented to a dynamic dns address (so you can access from the outside world)

So on your phone the address of the stream would be yourdyndnsaddress.noip.com:26000

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

good man Slegs

thats excatly what I am looking for, I will give it shot tonight and let you know how I get on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement