Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning progressively colder through the week, Very cold with snow showers later

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Froze hard for the past few hours. Snowing away here now in SW. Donegal.
    :D
    Nacho did u get any snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

Clear skies in Rathfarnham, temperature is 0.7c. dont think we are going to get any snow tonight. Anyone know if there are any signs for the rest of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Feel like its only me thats keeping this thread alive now! lol
    Owen C help me out

These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours.
    Local areas affected Warning type Valid from Valid to
    Northern Ireland:
    Co Antrim
    Co Down
    Widespread Icy Roads 1700 Sat 30 1100 Sun 31

Following snow showers there is a risk of widespread ice developing on untreated surfaces in County Antrim and County Down. Further snow showers are expected and may give fresh falls of up to 2cm in places. The public are advised to take extra care.

Issued at: 1444 Sat 30 Jan

Northern Ireland:
    Co Armagh
    Co Derry
    Co Fermanagh
    Co Tyrone
    Widespread Icy Roads 2030 Sat 30 1100 Sun 31

Following showers there is a risk of widespread ice developing on untreated surfaces in County Armagh, County Derry, County Fermanagh and County Tyrone. Further snow showers are expected and may give fresh falls of up to 2cm in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Watch (NI) (operational hours 07.30 to 18.30 Mon to Fri) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 2023 Sat 30 Jan

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/ni_forecast_warnings.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

i agree.... close to freezing here and dropping even though under cloud showers are actually pepping up now will have to see what this system coming does maybe ill have snow in the morning!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Froze hard for the past few hours. Snowing away here now in SW. Donegal.
    :D
    Nacho did u get any snow?

there was a fairly heavy shower of snow earlier:D

the bulk of the showers are breaking up but i still should get the odd one during the night. it would be nice if an unexpected feature popped up and made its way down across the country

there was a fairly heavy shower of snow earlier:D

the bulk of the showers are breaking up but i still should get the odd one during the night. it would be nice if an unexpected feature popped up and made its way down across the country

The proper band hasn't even reached here yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Quite heavy snow shower half hour ago. Streets in donegal town white. Minimal covering though.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Quite heavy snow shower half hour ago. Streets in donegal town white. Minimal covering though.

Yes same here but melting in some places were it hadnt frozen yet ugh!!! It's a. Base for what's to come (hopefully) what can I expect anway???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Rain most likely, you probaly wont see any snow at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Snow here; a surprise when I let the dogs out an hour ago, and still falling.

Seemed wet what was falling though. More sleet than snow maybe.

A good covering. Every tree branch lined in the light from the cottage.

Very thankful it was yesterday I was out. Need to be out tomorrow but maybe it will have gone by then, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Graces7 wrote: »
    Snow here; a surprise when I let the dogs out an hour ago, and still falling.

Seemed wet what was falling though. More sleet than snow maybe.

A good covering. Every tree branch lined in the light from the cottage.

Very thankful it was yesterday I was out. Need to be out tomorrow but maybe it will have gone by then, hopefully.

Just a light dusting here yesterday evening. Nothing since. Looks nice though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

a really skimpy dusting here of about 1cm which didnt cover everything so it is sort of crap and all the showers are missing here for a top up and i fear it will be gone very soon because of it not covering everything... terrible! ugh... actually it is melting everytime we get snow and it goes cloudy it goes above freezing here and nowhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing in Loughlinstown , south Dublin, wasnt expecting that!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

K-9 wrote: »
    Just a light dusting here yesterday evening. Nothing since. Looks nice though.

were do you live in donegal everytime i get a snow shower i get one do you live near the coastal northern fringes of donegal by any chance?

A decent covering here now. Another shower has just started. The clouds are dark so this should be heavy. I wasn't expecting this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

-0.6/-1
    heavy cloud cover but nothing falling from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Light snow falling in Cabinteely last hour

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow here too. 0.7c DP 0.1c Nice surprise, even with a hangover. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Light fine snow in Trim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Poly wrote: »
    Light fine snow in Trim.

yup very light but snow all the same :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

jambofc wrote: »
    yup very light but snow all the same :D

Not any more! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Started light snowing here about 20 mins ago but then the flakes got much bigger. Nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snowing again Donegal Town. Getting heavier. :)

just started to get heavy again. it had in fact turned sleety for a while.

glorious big white blobs now:cool:

very nice to have it, considering that after today it will more than likely be mild for seven or eight days at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy rain - typical!:(

just started to get heavy again. it had in fact turned sleety for a while.

glorious big white blobs now:cool:

very nice to have it, considering that after today it will more than likely be mild for seven or eight days at least

What! for here we are going back down into the 2cs by thursday!

owenc wrote: »
    What! for here we are going back down into the 2cs by thursday!

During MONDAY NIGHT and into TUESDAY it will be mostly cloudy, with rain at times everywhere and some heavy bursts in places. It won't be as cold as over the weekend either - there will be little or no frost on Monday night, and on Tuesday temperatures will reach 6 to 9 C generally. It will be breezy at times too, with mainly west or southwest winds. LATER TUESDAY and TUESDAY NIGHT there will still be rain in places, but the outbreaks will be generally lighter and more scattered, with some parts clearing up completely. Winds will ease off too, becoming mostly light northwesterly or variable. Some northern and eastern areas will turn colder, and may see overnight frost, ice or fog - but the likelihood is that much or all of the country will be frost-free on Tuesday night. Current indications for WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are that it will be breezy or windy much or all of the time, with further spells of rain everywhere (some of them heavy), and with winds mostly between southeast and southwest in direction. Lingering cold weather at first in some northern or eastern areas may allow some initial snow there as the first area of rain moves up over the country later Tuesday night or Wednesday - but apart from this, temperatures will be close to normal overall, with little or no risk of overnight frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

A decent covering here now. Another shower has just started. The clouds are dark so this should be heavy. I wasn't expecting this:D

Where would here be? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

T-Square wrote: »
    Where would here be? :rolleyes:

Mayo.

if you viewed this forum regularly you wouldn't have to ask that question :rolleyes:

Advertisement