Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

^^^

Oh no. That is a terrible idea! And this is coming from a big ballet/musical fan. I just don't think it would work at all, the show doesn't have that kind of vibe. I guess I'm still scarred from the train-wreck that was the musical grey's anatomy episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I'm really confused about the whole Emily moving thing... have they just abandoned that storyline?

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    I'm really confused about the whole Emily moving thing... have they just abandoned that storyline?

I'm sure they'll find a way for Emily to stay in Rosewood, probably move in with one of the other liars, um...i mean girls ;)

S2 spoilers
    Any idea as to what fans can expect from PRETTY LITTLE LIARS this summer? — Jessica
    The TV Addict: Life in Rosewood continues to be tense with the disappearance of Ian’s body as the girls are sent to therapy to get to the root of their dramatic accusations. The only bright spot is that despite pressure to keep away from each other, Spencer and Toby remain determined to make their young romance work – which won’t be easy as they discover they are two very different people. The path to true love is filled with good intensions, but real life makes it feel more like a bed of thorny roses.

Wanna see a shirtless Ezra/Ian harding? http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/pretty-little-liars/Season%202/promotional-episode-photos/episode-2-01-it-s-alive-/11.jpg.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Hope season 2 isn't as disappointing as his body......! :(

3 new sneak peaks from episode 2x01...PLL = guilty pleasure goodness!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/pretty-little-liars-episode-201-its_26.html

YIPPIE!!!!!!!! :P

Not long now people, season 2 on Tuesday!! :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Okay, I've watched the first 5 episodes & I'm not really feeling anything. Is this show worth sticking with, or what ep should I watch before making a decision to quit or not?

DeWitt wrote: »
    Okay, I've watched the first 5 episodes & I'm not really feeling anything. Is this show worth sticking with, or what ep should I watch before making a decision to quit or not?

I'd say if you're not "into" it by now it might not be for you, it's not everyone's cup of tea, it's actually quite complicated...loads of clues and red herrings, but unlike The Killing PLL makes it fun to follow them and when ideas you'd had fall apart you go d'oh! :)

It's guilty pleasure tv, it's something you're either really into because you have to accept certain things, unllike The Killing it's alot of fun + while you know Ali's killer won't be revealed until the show ends it's a great ride-along!

Besides i love Hannah and Spencer, Aria and Ezra are the most boring couple on tv :rolleyes: , Emily is sweet.....the coupling that goes on actually works.

Here's one couple: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/06/pretty-little-liars-troian-bellisario-spencer-and-toby-are-star-crossed-lovers.html

This is it people!...the long wait is over!! :D
    Season 2 kicks off tonight!....did Ian really die?, was A in the church?, will Hanna embrace Caleb or kick him to the curb?, how will Spencer and Toby go this season?

Will the boring duo that is Ezria split up?...is Jenna REALLY blind?? :eek:
    What about creepy Noel?....soo many questions! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Looking forward to watching SE0201 tomorrow evening!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pretty-little-liars-special-halloween-201367

If the new season of Pretty Little Liars wasn't enough, a special holiday episode is on the way.

As a part of ABC Family's annual "13 Nights of Halloween" programming event, an original episode of the hourlong drama will premiere. So far, Pretty Little Liars is the only original scripted series to take part, but being that it is one of the network's buzziest shows, that isn't much of a surprise.

But the Halloween episode wasn't always in the cards. Executive producer Oliver Goldstick, who co-runs the show with Marlene King, revealed to The Hollywood Reporter, "We weren't planning this and then ABC Family came to us and said we'd love for you to do a one-off."

For production to maintain its shooting schedule (and finish on time in mid-December), it meant doubling up. "We truly have two crews running simultaneously. Episodes 207 and 208 are being shot at the same time," he says.

Goldstick added later: "We were already very tight at 24 episodes, now we're doing 25 from March to December. That's a lot of episodes."

But to get things done in a reasonable amount of time meant employing a filmmaking trick -- aside from the scheduling nightmare.
    "We try to get these scripts done as quickly as possible so the ADs (assistant directors) could set a jigsaw puzzle and look at the actors' schedules because you have to shuttle Lucy Hale from one set to another within the hour," Goldstick explained. "We basically got some photo doubles for this episode. It's a little bit of block-and-shoot because you're going to shoot them out and then bring in a double who has the same hair in the back. That's how you have to do it otherwise you can't get the scene."

Because of ABC Family's move toward scripted (it currently boasts nearly a dozen original series on its slate), it made sense for the network to continue expanding its presence with its original series on "13 Nights of Halloween." Last year, the half-hour comedy Melissa & Joey aired a few episodes during "13 Nights."

"It actually lends to our show nicely as well," Goldstick says of the standalone, of which he wouldn't reveal the plot.

:mad: I can't watch it as I'm not in America. Any link that I've been trying to use is rejecting me! ARGGHHH! :mad::(

Does anyone have any good links to use that are not locked to the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Thought it was a very rushed, messy episode. It jumped between far too many storylines too fast!

-"You have to come to the police station"
    -"I'm so tired after all those police questions."

It just felt like they were trying to cram too much in, Noel and Mona, Caleb, Ian, A getting into Ezra's, A getting into Emily's! Could have been better I thought.

Also, who's Jason? Jenna and Garrett were talking about Jason moving back in and "the Jason thing" and I can't remember who that is or what relevance that has!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

tomissex wrote: »
    Also, who's Jason? Jenna and Garrett were talking about Jason moving back in and "the Jason thing" and I can't remember who that is or what relevance that has!
    Ha, that was my first thought too. "Who the hell is Jason?". I think he might be Alison's brother? Or maybe he's a new character and we're not supposed to know who he is.Too lazy to actually go and find out.

Episode was okay but I think I might be getting PLL jet-lag or something. All the "A is this person, no they're this person" is exhausting. I'm starting to turn on the girls I think, I totally agreed with the therapist saying they'd become too insulated in their little group.

Not seen it yet, was a bit busy last couple of days...check it out tonight. I think Jason is Alison's brother....but to complicate things, the original actor who play Jason has been replaced, but yeah...PLL has been getting increasingly complicated.

http://www.wetpaint.com/pretty-little-liars/articles/drew-van-acker-to-play-jason-dilaurentis-next-season

Remember Jason, Alison (Sasha Pieterse)'s brother? As we've previously reported, the character will be returning for Pretty Little Liars Season 2, but don't be confused if he looks different than you remember.

Parker Bagley played Jason last season. However, during Season 2 Drew Van Acker — a former underwear model and star of Cartoon Network’s Tower Prep — will be taking over. Jason will have a much bigger role in the upcoming season, and will be involved in a new mystery, appropriately called “The Jason Thing.”

There hasn't been much explanation for the change, but executive producer Marlene King told E! Online that Drew “works more for where we're going with that story.” Hmm, it sounds like he'll be around for a while...

Awesome numbers though, nearly 3.7m

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/15/tuesday-cable-ratings-deadliest-catch-tops-premieres-of-pretty-little-liars-memphis-beat-hawthorne-gene-simmons-lots-more/95545/

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek: NEED MORE PLL! Thank you guys for emailing me those links! :) LEGENDS! :)

Just watched the ep., i loves me some PLL guilty pleasure goodness :p
    Not a huge amount to further the plot.....but still a pretty good ep. How sweet was Toby? :o ...taking down the door frame with Emily' height measurements while she was growing up, that's BF quality thoughfulness :)

Course we know Emily was well into Toby before her change of team ;) ....me thinks Emily might play for both sides. A..lol!, putting Ezra's diploma in the shrinks office....legend! :D

Caleb and Hannah, delighted Hannah found out about Mona and his letter :mad: , some friend she is! :rolleyes:
    The Jason Thing.......?, more to come on that me thinks, creepy Noel :eek: , lurker Jenna poping up everywhere :confused: ....she's not blind!!

Not much to report main plot wise, again A the legend in Emilys house at the end erasing her hard drive with the videos....woo!
    Wasn't action packed but still entertaining....just like the milkman, PLL always delivers :)

:eek::eek::eek: NEED MORE PLL! Thank you guys for emailing me those links! :) LEGENDS! :)

What didja thing Squeeky?

SQUEEEEEEEE! :D - LOL!....the cheesy slo-mo run into Ezra's arms was cheesy as hell!!!!!!!, but my inner tween did-a-flutter :o:p
    Lets be honest, that was probably the most "filler" PLL episode to date, practically nothing to further the plot, we got introduced to new [hot] boy Drew Van Acker aka Jason....he's the new Ian or Noel it seems, completely with creepy intense look in his eyes, like to throw objects at poor little doggies :( , setting up base defences and WHAT is with all the floppy haired dudes on this show!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Seriously, Jason and now Caleb...do bad boys need bad haircuts? ;)
    So is Emily moving on to another girl with Samara?, guess Maya is gone for good. A....wow, A can break into the liars houses at will it seems, really not much to report storywise....lots of shipper stuff, gotta laugh though at the cringetastic slo-mo sequence of Aria looking all lost, the sun suddenly shining through the window and our star crossed lovers run into each others arms, can't wait for the YouTube vid so we can swwon, nah giggle, at the cheese! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Just caught up on PLL this morning, I was falling behind! Huh! I'm addicted once again :eek:

PLL lost a million viewers from last weeks premiere!!!!!!.......EEK!!!!!

Article here poses an interesting question, morseo will PLL fatigue set in?....the second episode dropped a staggering 1 million viewers!, granted it was the weakest and most filler episode to date, but s there a larger question regarding the longevity of the premise?

We know `A` won't be revealed anytime soon, i always got A would be revealed in the very final episode, but i think what they'll do [as they do in the books] is that A is more then one person, as in Alison's killer + A, different people.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/22/pretty-little-liars-find-out-who-a-is-this-season/

I LOVE this comment!!

I have absolutely no problem about A not being revealed until the last episode. Know why? Because the writers/ABC family/producers/creators never promised us that we were going to know the identity of A during the first, second, third seasons etc.

Take that, “THE KILLING!”

^ HELL YES!!!

What didja thing Squeeky?

You'd swear I was one of the characters....I was so gripped by the episode that I was nearly picking up my phone too! :D Those texts were freaky, you could see them coming, the whole idea of texting from "beyond the grave" is freaky but it could be Melissa trying to stir some shít or something to go all psycho on Spencers ass again?

I love Toby...I love him so much. He's such a good guy that scene with Emily had me almost melting!....and hes a nice little bit of eye candy too.... <3

I wish Mr. Fitz would just leave Aria alone, the storyline is just wayyy too over done. Yes he's hot, but god leave her alone she is too young for you. Hanna should have given Caleb a second chance, but he will be back I can feel it in my bones.

Phew! Roll on next ep.....Richard? Was this just a once off until the series starts back again or will it be on weekly from now until the end of the series?

Phew! Roll on next ep.....Richard? Was this just a once off until the series starts back again or will it be on weekly from now until the end of the series?

:confused: - have you been eating too many red gummy bears? :confused:
    It's on weekly, episode 2 is done and gone.......

• Advertisement

:confused: - have you been eating too many red gummy bears? :confused:
    It's on weekly, episode 2 is done and gone.......

I'll be back in an hour! No red gummy bears just a muddled post! :P

Advertisement