Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Very good ep. this week - much better then last, the text messages from -A were brilliant, really setting the paranoia amongst the girls. Lucas!...wow, major meltdown, he kinda impressed me and creeped me out at the same time.

Boy has major (Alison) issues, i'm not buying all this Noel is A bs, it's a total red herring. I wonder who stole the stolen money from Hannah's house?

It's gotta be someone at the party right?...with the second season announced i don't expect any answers to come for a very long time, if this show got like six seasons you'd only see the killer revealed in the finale.

Would you wait that long for answers?....further plot points, definately hinting at Ian in this ep. - but i think they're tryna establish Spencer finding out about Alison + Ian (remember the tree and video?), Spencer dosen't know yet about that. If anything it might (as i suggest last year) that it gives Meliisa a motive to kill Alison, if she found out about Ian+Alison.

Does anyone suspect Maya?...was there any hint/plotline that Maya was in a lesbo relationship with Alison last year?....if not i suspect they'll go that route. And people still think Jenna isin't blind?

I also liked the flashbacks in this ep. - according to reports we're gonna see alot more backstory this ep. run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kalora

Thanks for sharing such a good post...This is really a good tv show. I'm huge fan of this series.

Based on this interview with Marlene King (creator) the reval of -A will be a VERy long time coming, i expect they won't reveal it until the show ends, that could be season 4/5/6...lol!

What i expect to happen is alot of red herrings, we'll *think* -A has been found and then they'll do a switch-er-ro and in fact it wasn't -A.

I'm not too bothered, unlike Lost i know going in they'll drag it out and that the killer won't be revealed.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/pretty_little_liars_creator_has_mhc2nLqsqrbVUB6ET2CilN

All i can say is --> O.M.G.! , absolute SHOCKER of an ending!....i genuinely jumped twice at the end!!!!!!!!!!

Without question the biggest open mouth holy sh*t ending ever!!, when your showrunner and creator writes the episode you know you're in for something good....and Marlene King did not dissapoint!

I felt really really bad for poor Hannah in that ep. - the utter cruelty of -A making poor Hannah eat those piggy pies, the jocks laughing at her, her little face, recalling her past as hefty Hannah....bless her, it hit home that scene just how cruel -A is.

Lots of Toby, Ian and Noel drama....clearly the three main suspects, i'm glad they did a recap at the start because it reminded me Spencer did know about Ian+Alison....they found the tree.

Honestly, that ending clearly points to Ian, but it HAS to be a red herring, these three guys had history with Alison for sure but i doubt anyone of them killed her. My gut is telling me though it's a guy who killed Alison, crime of passion and that -A is a girl, someone close enough to know every detail of the girls lives, someone who Alison tortured in the past.

Hugely enjoyable ep. with genuine shock moments.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/01/pretty-little-liars-recap-a-isnt-for-amateur.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I agree it was a really exciting episode. I really thought that Arya, Fitz thing was going to be over. I know its nearly every teenage girl's fantasy, but you'd think one of them would have had the sense to walk away by now.

I thought it was really effective showing how much Toby has been affected, I am inclined to believe he is innocent. I think they also pretty much ruled Noel out too. I think the current best bets are Lucas and Ian, but I expect Ian to be cleared soon. Also possibly Allisons brother could become a suspect.

The Hannah storyline was really good in this episode too. The ending was pretty exciting, I'm not convinced that was Ali being killed. It will be interesting to see if they go to the police with the new evidence.

• Advertisement

^ the ending imo (and others) was it depicted Alison having sex with Ian, it's just too easy that they'd reveal the killer this early.

Ratings for last Mondays (ep. 12) episode:

Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family, 8pm)
    - 3.212 million viewers
    - 2.0/3 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49
    - 2.4/6 W18-34
    - 4.4/13 T12-17

Ep. 13 ratigs:

Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family, 8pm)
    - 2.992 million viewers
    - 1.8/3 HH
    - 1.2/3 A18-49
    - 2.6/7 W18-34
    - 3.8/11 T12-17

^ the ending imo (and others) was it depicted Alison having sex with Ian,

Oh I got that, what I meant to say is that they were trying to give the impression that they were watching the murder.

Haven't had a chance to watch the latest episode yet, but does anyone know how it did in the ratings seeing as it was against 90210?

^ i posted the rating in the GG thread, it pulverised 90210 and GG, 2.7 women demo compared to 1.9 for GG, ep. 14 was ok....but #32, i rewatched the dance contest to look for #32, it's a guy, with glasses and black hair. When the girls are standing in line to go into the dance contest he's behind the girls.

It's either a red herring or it's poor continuity, i mean...i can't see that guy being -A, i think they just didn't think the whole thing out, like they forgot they had a male extra wearing #32.

Any new fans out there? :)

Promos for tonights ep. [btw...i never watch the promos myself, just link to them, i like being a "virgin" episode watcher :P]

I knew it was only a matter of time until they turned on the
    brother

• Advertisement

Uh, wow!...PLL is Monday's "death star"....last weeks 2.7 women demo was nothing, this week it cracked 3.0!!

Pretty Little Liars (ABCF, 8pm)
    - 3.192 million viewers
    - 2.1/3 HH
    - 1.2/3 A18-49
    - 3.0/8 W18-34
    - 4.0/13 T12-17

Compare this to this weeks 90210 and GG:

- 1.667 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 0.9/3 A18-34
    - 1.4/4 W18-34

Gossip Girl
    - 1.505 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.8/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 A18-34
    - 1.7/5 W18-34

And ugh!...what was up with the blatant plug for the new Justin Beiber movie?....please!, Hanna defending the Beib and his hair??????????
    Cringefest that scene, Ali's brother...i hear an army of girls fainted on the spot at the sight of shirtless boy, lol....the producers know their audience. Aria was a bit naughty in her scene with Ezra, pulling down the zipper to reveal....a tie!, saucy that one!, cute scene though. Overall kinda average ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Ugh, streaming anything today is taking AGES! Ok episode though. Loved Spencers cold attack on Ali, beautifully done! So cool and confident.

Who was talking to the old woman at the end...?? hmmmm! Until next week!

The whole will Ezra and Arya be found out/ or Hannahs mum is getting kinda annoying by now. Jason watching them was pretty creepy as was that girl on the swim team.

Spencers takedown was pretty well done and Hannahs line on Bieber had me cringing in my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Am relatively new to PLL but am enjoying it. I have to agree that I lost respect for Hanna when she started on her "I love the Biebs" rant. :pac:Not sure what to think about the introduction of the homophobic girl on the swim team. We'll see how it plays out! Although I did have to laugh when she
    pushed Emily's head under the water
    . It was like "how many people do you already have trying to kill you without this b*tch getting in line?".

^ welcome to the thread Foxy, i suspect Lindsey Shaw is closet lesbo herself, kinda explains why she's giving Emily a hard time....i HATE Lindsey's short bob hair...horrid!!!

I agree with EW, enough with the student/teacher storylines!!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/07/enough-with-the-hot-for-teacher-stories/

The PLL powerhouse that is ratings continues, easily beating 90210 & GG in every respect:

- 3.141 million viewers
    - 2.0/3 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49
    - 2.7/7 W18-34
    - 4.3/14 T12-17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The PLL powerhouse that is ratings continues, easily beating 90210 & GG in every respect:

- 3.141 million viewers
    - 2.0/3 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49
    - 2.7/7 W18-34
    - 4.3/14 T12-17

That's cool :D

I'm starting to love it more than Gossip Girl and that's a huge thing. I never thought I would like a series more than it. :D

Last couple of episodes have been a bit weak for me, but i hear shockers are in the offing :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Great episode! :)

Am I the only person that thinks that at every ending it will end with a screamer video? They are always so slow and creepy and the music NEVER helps! Toby is so hot! I wanted himself and Spencer to have a kissy moment on the hill!

Well that end 100% points to Jenna, but in what way?...is she -A or are they implying she offed Mrs. Potter?, the music playing was the same as when Spencer was in Jenna's room holiding the snow globe.

214...motel room eh?, who is Jenna conversing with?....and i called it!, Emily got smooched by Lindsey!, i knew she was closet lesbo!....nice to see Emily's mom stick up for her, i dunno girls....but i just DON'T get why all the girls are falling for Toby???????

The head on him!....is it the brooding badboy?, Spencer seems quite taken with him + Emily, Hanna has Caleb and Aria has her illegal student/teacher relationship.
    I'm liking Spencer and Hanna the most, they seem the most interesring, but yeah pretty solid ep. last night.

Glad to see Laura Leighton get more screentime, my only issue is how long will viewers stick with it?....if they try to stretch out the "who is -A" storyline endlessly....people could wary of it. GG and 90210 hit record lows last night, my GOD the numbers were BAD!!!!!!

Despite V day PLL still easily beat GG and 90210 (which had record lows)....but these are the lowest numbersfor PLL, but again the target demo females were out getting pampered and kissed:

- 2.346 million viewers
    - 1.6/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 1.8/6 W18-34
    - 3.5/12 T12-17

Greek (ABCF)
    - 0.745 million viewers
    - 0.5/1 HH
    - 0.3/1 A18-49
    - 0.6/2 W18-34
    - 0.9/3 T12-17

Lol....the rollcall of suspects keeps on revolving, this week they picked Ian and Jenna, they seemed to have reformed and redeemed Toby no end, he's got Spencer firmly on his tail for love interest with Emily as second fiddle....jealous arc coming?

Hanna and Caleb, i like this pairing, they have better chemistry then either Sean or Lucas, what happened to Noel?....the prologue, rats in a cage with "Spencer" missing?.....not the greatest ep. but watchable.

Aria and Ezra are like two kids trying to play adults, though some of the exchanges they have are interesting.

Nice uptick in the ratings since last week:

- 2.898 million viewers
    - 1.9/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 2.4/7 W18-34
    - 4.1/12 T12-17

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I'm new to PLL, discovered it just about a week and a half ago. I managed to watch all of the episodes I've missed online! :p
    I'm too lazy to go looking through this thread because it's so long, but can I watch this on Sky? I'm guessing not because ABC is gone... :/ I'm so excited now for the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

19 was a cracker of an episode I have to say! Poor Spencer...gonna be some tense episodes now til the finale I'd say.
    I'm still on the "Jenna's not really blind" fence...why do her glasses keep popping up everywhere??

Prologue was as creepy as ever!

Yeah the latest was excellent!....if you're a shipper then that was overloaded with hookups!, Hanna lost her V card to Caleb, Emily and Paige, Spencer and Toby....then the boring married duo of Aria and Ezra.

Those two really are utter dullards, i dislike Aria the most this season, i liked her at first but she dropped down to meh. Lovin' Hanna and Spencer though....some nice twists and reveals as well, lol at -A at the end, Spencer carted off in cuffs.

As always now PLL pummeled both 90210+GG in every demo:

- 2.688 million viewers
    - 1.9/3 HH
    - 1.0/3 A18-49
    - 2.3/7 W18-34
    - 3.8/12 T12-17

Greek (ABCF)
    - 0.889 million viewers
    - 0.6/1 HH
    - 0.5/1 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 W18-34
    - 0.7/2 T12-17

Its interesting to see Caleb wasn't as he seemed, I guess he's working for Jenna. I loved Spencer and Toby in this episode. Good ending with Spencer being taken away. It was good to see Arya confess but their relationship has lost a lot of its earlier chemistry. I hope they break up soon.

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Its interesting to see Caleb wasn't as he seemed, I guess he's working for Jenna. I loved Spencer and Toby in this episode. Good ending with Spencer being taken away. It was good to see Arya confess but their relationship has lost a lot of its earlier chemistry. I hope they break up soon.

Have you been reading spoilers Bella? ;)

Advertisement