Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Started watching this on VIVA and loved it. I was expecting it to be like Gossip Girl but it's not. Thinking about streaming some more episodes :D

Glad you liked it Fizz, it gets better as it goes along...so stick with it! :)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1282826

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00036438.html

!!!!!...sneak peak vid from episode 11, WARNING...contains footage of an upcomng/unaired episode:

Have y'all seen the promo vids for VIVA?...very weird and creepy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6QQNORA48k&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 85,118 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ok so I watched the first two episodes on Viva and I am still on the fence tbh - Does it get better?

The only characters I like so far are Spencer and Hannah's mother

I find Aria and Mr. Fitz kinda sick as she looks so young and they have zero chemistry

^ it does Liz, yes it's very girly...but the murder arc and shockers do creep in as it goes along, it gets all twisty and suspects thrown up all over the place + red herrings, the fun is tryna see what are genuine clues and what are misleading plot devices thrown in by the producers/writers.

The side stories start to engage more, you might hate Hannah right now but she becomes less of a queen bee as it goes along, her and Lucas are great. The Aria/teacher relationship is one of the better written and played out ones i've seen.

So overall i'd say stick with it, if yer not grabbed by the next 2/3 eps. then it might not be to your taste, but given a chance it'll entertain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Started watching this yesterday. It's just sucked me in! I love it! :)

I'm getting a serious crush on Toby from it! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm after catching up on the episodes the other day so all up to date now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

When does the second half start. Just watched the first half and I loved it. I actually hope that Arya moves on from Mr Fitz to Noel. Favourite character has to be Spencer.

_Bella_ wrote: »
    When does the second half start. Just watched the first half and I loved it. I actually hope that Arya moves on from Mr Fitz to Noel. Favourite character has to be Spencer.

Monday January 3rd 8pm/9C...only on ABC Family! :D

My fave is Spencer as well, we're gonna see alot more of Aria/Mr. Fitz this half of the season.
    Some spoilery news:
    The second half of season 1 of PLL hasn’t even started and we’re already thinking about the March finale. But can you blame us? Pretty Little Liars’ Executive Producer just shared the title and naturally we’re curious. King tweeted: “#PLL table read tomorrow for episode 121, ‘Monsters In The End.’ Look out!” Is it just us or does each PLL title gets creepier than the last?

Monsters are feared, so it’s only fitting that “A” has something to do with this title. Plus King says to look out and that usually means to beware of one person in particular. Maybe we'll find out who "A" is and it will be someone we'd never suspect.

We also know that a new boy (who needs a name) will come to Rosewood during the season finale to cause trouble. Could he be a part of the equation? Any guesses who will be the “monster in the end?” Share your thoughts/predictions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ruffles91

does anyone know if 'A' is going to be the same as in the books?

Can't wait for Jan 3rd!

ruffles91 wrote: »
    does anyone know if 'A' is going to be the same as in the books?

Can't wait for Jan 3rd!

No, Marlene King has said a number of times they won't follow the books as who `A` is written as, they'll throw up suspects and red herrings to keep us all guessing :D

Oh yeah!..."tv's guiltiest pleasure"?...hell yeah!

http://tvdramas.about.com/b/2010/12/27/pretty-little-liars-returns.htm

^ article contains SPOILERS!

This show is BIGGEST thing ever for ABC Family!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

I really liked the new episode. Thought it was a bit of an improvement, in fact. A few big secrets are out now... so it'll be interesting to find out what happens next! Looking forward to next week.

I only started watching this last week, when I spent a hungover day watching the 1st part of the season marathon on Viva. It's total crap, but I'm hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Richard, Richard where art thou?

Well was it worth the wait? Should I watch it?

I always follow your trend!! :)

^ it was an OK ep. - no huge shockers BUT...the girls did come out and reveal alot of the secrets they've been holding onto, Aria fessed up about Ezra, Emily "came out" to her parents.

Emily's mom was very judgemental but her dad was obviously upset but handled it alot better, in his words she's healthy and alive, coming back from Afghanistan that means alot.

I didn't like Hannah giving Lucas the brush off, bless him....he was very sweet in this ep. - Alison made a rather disturbing "visit" to Hannah, she musta been given good drugs!.....but they now setup that `A` and Allison's killer might be different people.

It wasn't a bad ep. - could have been stronger, but it's good to have it back....hope you guys are also watching Greek!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

It was a solid episode. It was good to see Arya finally coming out about Mr Fitz. Emily coming out was well done too. Melissa and Ian getting married was a nice twist and I look forward to finding out more about him and especially his relationship with Alison. Also that message on Hannahs cast was pretty freaky.

• Advertisement

It beat EVERYTHING!....even TVD, this is nothing short of phenominal!

The crucial 18-34 Women demo was a 3.5.....3.5!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official...PLL is now not just some cable show, this is a MONSTER hit!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/abc-familys-pretty-little-liars-hits-series-highs-in-return/

ABC Family's drama Pretty Little Liars has moved from a 'promising newcomer' to 'bona fide hit' status. Last night's winter premiere of the show drew 4.2 million viewers, posting series highs in total viewers as well as all key demographics: adults 18-34 (1.4 million), adults 18-49 (1.9 million), women 18-49 (1.6 million) and people 12-34 (2.9 million). Vs. the series premiere last summer, last night's winter debut was up by almost 2 million viewers (4.2 million vs. 2.5 million), 67% in adults 18-34, 72% in adults 18-49 and 70% in people 12-34. It was ABC Family's No.2 telecast ever in women 18-34 (1.2 million) and females 12-34 (2.5 million). ABC Family's other premiere last night was of Greek, whose fourth season debut followed Liars and averaged 1.2 million viewers. That was on par with the show's winter Season 3 premiere last January but Greek squandered most of its lead-in, holding onto 28% of the Liars audience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never heard of it, so i googled it. Sounds ****ing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Merged with existing PLL thread.

Kiith wrote: »
    Never heard of it, so i googled it. Sounds ****ing awful.

But you admit you haven't watched it?....no matter what, this IS now a MONSTER show, it got a 1.5 A18-49....know what??, there are NETWORK shows on MAJOR channels that would kill for a 1.5!!!!

Hell Chuck gets a 1.9, PLL is not far behind, it's CRUSHING everything on The CW, respect the ratings people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

But you admit you haven't watched it?....no matter what, this IS now a MONSTER show, it got a 1.5 A18-49....know what??, there are NETWORK shows on MAJOR channels that would kill for a 1.5!!!!

Hell Chuck gets a 1.9, PLL is not far behind, it's CRUSHING everything on The CW, respect the ratings people!
    jargon jargon jargon

That's all I see

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    jargon jargon jargon

That's all I see

FAP FAP FAP!!....did you know Dawn Ostroff passed on PLL???????...no wonder she is getting the boot! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have no idea who that is.

• Advertisement

WOW!....PLL has been renewed for a second season only after ONE episode into the second part of season 1!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/10/abc-family-renews-the-secret-life-of-the-american-teenager-pretty-little-liars/77947

As expected thought TSLOTAT was renewed for a fourth season. The premiere date for the second part of SLOTAT + MIOBI has been set for Monday March 28th.

Advertisement