Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

New Star Soccer

Very addictive little football game.

Free to download but you have to pay for the career mode were you live as a pro player from the age of 16, you have to keep your boss the team and fans happy and build up your stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

coolegrain wrote: »
    i was asking about an app like this on here recently...and i found this one myself...

http://bambuser.com/

basically it streams live from your phone camera to a page on the interweb :)

and it does it perfectly..no lag...i was very impressed...and its a free app.

http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/bambuser/id344600665?mt=8

Looks handy. Say if Im at a match, and a mate in usa wants to see it, I can just leave the phone with video running on a wall beside me. Will the phone or screen go to sleep and then he sees nothing his end?

Also if he cant watch it as its actually happpening, can he watch it later? I'd imagine not as you're talking about storage then but you might let me know please

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Would Skype or FaceTime not achieve the exact same thing for p2p situation.

I don't see the point of the above app unless it was streaming to a few sources

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Draw something damn its addictive:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

M three wrote: »
    Looks handy. Say if Im at a match, and a mate in usa wants to see it, I can just leave the phone with video running on a wall beside me. Will the phone or screen go to sleep and then he sees nothing his end?

Also if he cant watch it as its actually happpening, can he watch it later? I'd imagine not as you're talking about storage then but you might let me know please

Yeah, as long as live streaming it uploads it to your username and can be viewed later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

Hi. Just moving from HTC to iPhone. On my HTC, I had a lot of documents (maybe 200) filed in different folders. I used Documents To Go to edit the (word and excel) documents and Astro to view the folders.
    From looking at the App Store I can get Documents To Go for €7.99. However I can't see Astro. Is there an alternative that I can use to view folders and files within them. Is there a cheaper alternative to Documents To Go (I would need to create and edit text documents though)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

WHL wrote: »
    Hi. Just moving from HTC to iPhone. On my HTC, I had a lot of documents (maybe 200) filed in different folders. I used Documents To Go to edit the (word and excel) documents and Astro to view the folders.
    From looking at the App Store I can get Documents To Go for €7.99. However I can't see Astro. Is there an alternative that I can use to view folders and files within them. Is there a cheaper alternative to Documents To Go (I would need to create and edit text documents though)
    Evernote maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the uber lock down nature of ios by apple, means there are no real file managers for iphone, if you root it/jailbreak it, you can install ifile from cydia, its better then astro on android :-)
    http://cydia.saurik.com/package/eu.heinelt.ifile

Thanks Stuxnet, I was afraid that you might say that :( I am a bit reluctant to jailbreak as it is a work phone.

If I drop the number of text files and just hold maybe 20 key ones, what is the best method. I would like the ability to create and modify these (DVDs to rent, books to read etc) and then upload the latest file to my laptop. Would I need to pay Documents To Go or does anybody know if there is a cheaper and better alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Thanks Stuxnet, I was afraid that you might say that :( I am a bit reluctant to jailbreak as it is a work phone.

If I drop the number of text files and just hold maybe 20 key ones, what is the best method. I would like the ability to create and modify these (DVDs to rent, books to read etc) and then upload the latest file to my laptop. Would I need to pay Documents To Go or does anybody know if there is a cheaper and better alternative

I wonder would a combination of Dropbox and an Office app be your best bet?

Interested to hear from people who use the Office apps, as it's becoming apparent I probably need to have one on my iPhone for those rare occasions I need to play around with documents on the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Im looking for a good debt management app.
    I have 'debt free' but it doesnt allow weekly payments or lump sum pay offs off loans.
    Anyone?
    One for iphone or ipad would be ideal, possibly both.

You can install Evernote on both your laptop & phone & when u alter a doc on one, the other automatically syncs the changes when it's opened next.
    The only thing is its cloud storage. There is a premium service (€40/year) that allows you access your stuff offline & any changes will be uploaded whenever you get online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Infinity blade is only 0.79€ on the app store today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

CombatCow wrote: »
    Infinity blade is only 0.79€ on the app store today!

Good price for it. Too bad I bought it when it first came out :(

Waiting for number 2 to drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Action Movie is a great app that allows you add Mission Impossible special effects to videos you take. It's actually really really impressive if you take it right. If you want to see your work place toroedoed or crushed by a bolder now is your chance.Its made by Bad Robot the people who made Lost etc and it's free ATM.

catreyn wrote: »
    You can install Evernote on both your laptop & phone & when u alter a doc on one, the other automatically syncs the changes when it's opened next.
    The only thing is its cloud storage. There is a premium service (€40/year) that allows you access your stuff offline & any changes will be uploaded whenever you get online again.

Hi catreyn - thanks for the reply (I totally missed your first attempt to recommend Evernote to me). I did have Evernote on the HTC but used Astro as it did what I wanted. However I will have a look at it again and see if it is now my best iPhone option. Comment on cloud storage cost also noted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Stick cricket if very good....and addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Had an android, these were recommended there and were probalby recommended before haven't been able to have time to read the 1st 120 pages.
    But Super Stickman Golf(could be called SSG) and Tripletown are excellent games.

catreyn wrote: »

Hi catreyn - thanks for the reply (I totally missed your first attempt to recommend Evernote to me). I did have Evernote on the HTC but used Astro as it did what I wanted. However I will have a look at it again and see if it is now my best iPhone option. Comment on cloud storage cost also noted

What I like about Evernote is that you can be super organised & have notebooks (folders) for all your needs or just tag documents as you create them with the title you would have given your folder. Then when you want to view them, just search for the tag :) I do a mixture of the two depending on how lazy I'm feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Found an app called crackle that streams older films and tv shows for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Found an app called crackle that streams older films and tv shows for free.

I think it's a UK only app unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Downloaded this for free in the App Store and couldnt stop playing it.

Link

There was an update this morning which added another player's time trail ghost to race against but it seems to have caused a bug which is making it take ages to load each level. This could be just me but I deleted the app and reinstalled and its the same so I do think its a bug. Well worth getting this while its free though.

Edit: I've found if you switch to another app and then back while its loading it will make it load. Sometimes takes a few tries...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just bought frameographer. It's an app for recording time lapse videos. Works well and you can capture shots manually or auto in intervals of 1-5 seconds and set the fps between 1 and 120 fps

Only works on iPhone 4/4s and iPod touch 4th generation

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Bank of Ireland launched their banking 365 app today, same features as website but easier access and navigation via the app. iPhone version only, thread on 'Talk to' forum for BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

copacetic wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland launched their banking 365 app today, same features as website but easier access and navigation via the app. iPhone version only, thread on 'Talk to' forum for BOI.

Awesome, about time too!

Two great ones today :D

Batman Arkham City Lockdown ( universal app ) €0.79

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 ( universal app ) €0.79

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Hmm, add some more apps that found for my iPad:
    Top 10 Free iPhone and iPad Apps on App Store

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Hmm, add some more apps that found for my iPad:
    Top 10 Free iPhone and iPad Apps on App Store

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

Has anyone got any recommendations for apps for a 3 year old?

(sorry if it's already been asked, it's a long thread!)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try one of the talking Carl/Tom apps or coloring

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

07734 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any recommendations for apps for a 3 year old?

(sorry if it's already been asked, it's a long thread!)

Thanks!
    Boy or girl?

My 3 yr old loves "Preschool". :)

Don't forget to turn off in-app purchases in Settings before letting little fingers near your iPhone!

Advertisement