Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- The current plan for Hulk Hogan's return to the ring 3/8 is for the WWE hall of famer to turn on his tag partner Abyss. Hogan and Abyss face Ric Flair and AJ Styles on the live 3/8 Impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Why the F*CK would you want to give Hogan's in ring return away on free TV in a throwaway angle with Abyss of all people?:confused:

His in ring TNA debut should have an epic build spanning 6 months, culminating in a blow off on PPV (yanno those things that actually make you money.:rolleyes:).

flahavaj wrote: »
    Why the F*CK would you want to give Hogan's in ring return away on free TV in a throwaway angle with Abyss of all people?:confused:

His in ring TNA debut should have an epic build spanning 6 months, culminating in a blow off on PPV (yanno those things that actually make you money.:rolleyes:).

Remember when I said you should be a booker??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From Dixie Carter's Twitter:
    TNA signs one moore.

From Dixie Carter's Twitter:

That's one of 3 things:
    1) Dixie can't spell more
    2) Shannon Moore has signed a deal
    or
    3) Jeff Hardy has signed a deal with TNA.

I'm picking 3 as Jeff's from Cameron, which is a part of Moore County in North Carolina

• Advertisement

I think logic argues that they've signed Shannon Moore especially considering he's retweeted it. It may be the precursor to Hardy signing officially though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's one of 3 things:
    1) Dixie can't spell more
    2) Shannon Moore has signed a deal
    or
    3) Jeff Hardy has signed a deal with TNA.

I'm picking 3 as Jeff's from Cameron, which is a part of Moore County in North Carolina

I think its No 2

Headshot wrote: »
    I think its No 2
    I think logic argues that they've signed Shannon Moore especially considering he's retweeted it. It may be the precursor to Hardy signing officially though.

Yer both right, I only saw Shannon Moore's twitter a/c there (thanks Machismo Fan for pointing it out)

Matt Hardy just tweeted:
    Well, maybe just Jeff now, HA RT @MATTHARDYBRAND I would love for Jeff & Shannon to rejoin me in WWE-love working side by side with my fam.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hogan did say Abyss was the TNA version of Cena. He is also a fan of Tomko cause he actually looks like a wrestler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

This absolutely reeks of downward spiral era WCW. Giving away big, big matches, in order to pop a TV rating, instead of making money? Ugh. Plus, even if 6 million people tuned in for the start of the match, who's guessing that the show would still average out under a 1.5?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Remember the rating Hogan-Goldberg got on free tv? Thats the main thing, ratings. Not trying to make any money, shur daddy carter will sort that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hogan did say Abyss was the TNA version of Cena.

I now have visions of Abyss in denim shorts and a baseball cap trying to be a rapper. I actually think that could be a quite brilliant new direction for his otherwise stale character.:pac:

I now have visions of Abyss in denim shorts and a baseball cap trying to be a rapper. I actually think that could be a quite brilliant new direction for his otherwise stale character.:pac:

The happy, clappy, scared Abyss makes me cry a little inside every time I see him, especially when you know he could be so much more.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Remember the rating Hogan-Goldberg got on free tv? Thats the main thing, ratings. Not trying to make any money, shur daddy carter will sort that out

That's what I would've thought. Attract people to the television show, and then keep them hooked into buying a ppv. Use Hogan's name to attract viewers, and hopefully use the rest of the talent to sell PPV's.

- Mick Foley has finished his fourth memoir, "Countdown to Lockdown", which will be published later this year. Foley will be doing comedy shows on 2/24 in Baltimore and 2/25 in NYC.

- TNA has no live events until the live Impact on 3/8 in order to give the crew a chance to rest and prepare for the biggest night in the history of the company.

- Orlando Jordan's new female valet is an independent worker named Santana G. His new male valet is an acquaintance from outside the business. The dual valet gimmick is something Jordan pitched to WWE several years ago with the idea that Trinity would be in the female role and a friend outside the business would be in the male role. The idea was dropped when Jordan was released from the company.

- The Suicide character isn't being retired. I was told someone in the new regime felt Kaz shouldn't be wrestling under a hood because of his looks and facial expressions, so a new performer will portray the Suicide character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I dont really follow TNA, but.. what exactly is the Suicide character? Does he have a gimmick or is he just a lunatic in an overall called suicide?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I dont really follow TNA, but.. what exactly is the Suicide character? Does he have a gimmick or is he just a lunatic in an overall called suicide?

He's the character from TNA's video game. They've never really developed an actual character for him, he is the Dark Saviour though. I've read rumours that Kiyoshi will be replacing Kaz.

The Daily Star has an interview up with TNA star Ric Flair where he talks about TNA going head-to-head with WWE starting March 8 and how things are being handled differently in the company with certain names that were involved with WCW.

"Everyone knows I was apprehensive about TNA due to my loyalty to WWE. But from the moment I got here I was welcomed with open arms and I’m enjoying it. Some people said I’d mess up my legacy, but my legacy is in safe hands. We’re kicking it Horsemen-style down here. There’s no comparison whatsoever. We have some of the same faces, but the thought process and the way the company is handled is totally different. We’re bringing a different outlook on the business – it’s more a combination of old school and what’s popular now. It’s a totally different direction to WWE."

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

New UK deal from Dixies Twitter

"TNA expands to 15 hrs of TV in UK per mo. PPVs to air on Extreme Sports Chl starting w/Destination X & “Xplosion” to be lead-in on Fridays"

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

"TNA expands to 15 hrs of TV in UK per mo. PPVs to air on Extreme Sports Chl starting w/Destination X & “Xplosion” to be lead-in on Fridays"

so is this right

bravo still have impact and extreme sports gets the ppv's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

What a random channel to be on

New update from Dixie to confirm
    iMPACT! stays on Bravo. Extreme Sports Chl is on Sky Chl 419 & Virgin Media Chl 527. Details posted to tnawrestling.com in a few hrs.

So, PPV's are on Extreme Sports. Given that Ext Sports had Strikeforce on last night, this is a very interesting move on TNA's part

iMPACT! must air live on Bravo though, imo

From PWInsider

Courthouse News Service is reporting that Awesome Kong has alleged that Bubba The Love Sponge called her at 5 a.m. on February 10 from a blocked phone number and threatened her. It also alleges that he made a number of racist comments that we will not repeat here on the site. She said that Bubba identified himself during the call and stated that it was being broadcast on the radio.
    The alleged call was made in response to Kong's attacking Bubba at a January TNA event after he wrote a derogatory message about the people suffering in Haiti on his Twitter account that Kong took offense to. Kong was sent home after that incident.
    She asked AT&T to give her the identity of the blocked caller so that she could take further action and they declined to do so. Therefore, she has filed a lawsuit against both AT&T and Bubba.
    If this allegation turns out to be true, Bubba should be removed from the air and never set foot in TNA again

From PWInsider

Courthouse News Service is reporting that Awesome Kong has alleged that Bubba The Love Sponge called her at 5 a.m. on February 10 from a blocked phone number and threatened her. It also alleges that he made a number of racist comments that we will not repeat here on the site. She said that Bubba identified himself during the call and stated that it was being broadcast on the radio.
    The alleged call was made in response to Kong's attacking Bubba at a January TNA event after he wrote a derogatory message about the people suffering in Haiti on his Twitter account that Kong took offense to. Kong was sent home after that incident.
    She asked AT&T to give her the identity of the blocked caller so that she could take further action and they declined to do so. Therefore, she has filed a lawsuit against both AT&T and Bubba.
    If this allegation turns out to be true, Bubba should be removed from the air and never set foot in TNA again

Bubba is such an idiot. He should've stayed away from TNA after the Haiti remark. To me, it's safe to say he deserved the beating that Kong gave him but to make racist comments to a woman who tried to help out Haiti is just wrong.

Bubba is such an idiot. He should've stayed away from TNA after the Haiti remark. To me, it's safe to say he deserved the beating that Kong gave him but to make racist comments to a woman who tried to help out Haiti is just wrong.

That radio interview he had with Hogan were they called her a bitch was fairly outrageous aswell. Although i still think that everything to do with him is a shoot, just to get rating and interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

any truth to flair's sons coming to tna?

i hope not

- As things stand, Sting is not on the 3/8 Impact show, and in fact, his name isn't mentioned in creative meetings. He may be done with the company after missing last month's PPV and the following Impact TV tapings.

(source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Spike TV has granted TNA Wrestling an 8-minute overrun for the March 8th edition of iMPACT!, the first night of the new Monday night war. No word yet on whether this is a one night deal or if they'll run over every week like WWE RAW does.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will the PPV's be on Fridays?

• Advertisement

From tnawrestling.com

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has announced a new television agreement with Extreme Sports Channel in the United Kingdom that will bring the monthly TNA pay-per-view events and “TNA Xplosion” to the network starting March 26.

For the first time on broadcast television, “TNA Xplosion,” a one-hour original programme featuring the best of TNA Wrestling, as well as exclusive matches featuring the hottest wrestling talent in the world, will air Fridays at 21:00.

Extreme Sports Channel (Sky channel 419 and Virgin Media channel 527), owned by leading international broadcaster Chello Zone, is the world's first television channel dedicated to the action sports lifestyle.

Beginning with “Destination X” on March 26, TNA’s monthly pay-per-views will air the Friday following the live US broadcast at 22:00 and will be free for UK viewers.

TNA President Dixie Carter said: “The United Kingdom has become a battleground for professional wrestling fans as TNA’s ratings have continued to climb. This is another important moment for TNA and is another step to become the number one professional wrestling company in the world by giving our fans what they want; more TNA programming.”

Extreme Sports Channel General Manager Tim MacMullen added: “2010 is shaping up to be an amazing year for our viewers in the UK. Adding TNA’s spectacular programming to our line up of the world’s best action sports and high-adrenaline entertainment shows is a great way to kick off our 11th year on air.”

TNA renewed its agreement with Bravo in January to continue to broadcast “TNA iMPACT!” at 21:00 on Saturdays. TNA’s UK fans will now receive four additional hours for a total 15 broadcast hours of TNA Wrestling programming per month.

BT Vision and TNA also renewed their agreement in January. “TNA iMPACT!” will replace “TNA Xplosion” on BT's broadband IPTV service and they will continue to air the replay of the monthly TNA pay-per-views.

Advertisement