Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

So was the 6 Sided Ring.:)

Touche sir..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thanks for posting that. Excellent match.

Sorry for going ot

super-rush wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that. Excellent match.

Sorry for going ot

Yeah awesome match alright, Tajiri and Super Crazy had some unreal matches in ECW i'll post some more in the Video thread.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

TNA did a 1.14 the other night. More analysis from the Torch

By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor

Last night's TNA Impact followed a reverse quarter-hour ratings pattern with the show peaking in the opening segment with a 1.31 quarter-hour rating before closing with a 0.93 in the final quarter-hour.

Every quarter-hour dropped from the previous quarter-hour (except for a tied quarter-hour from Q2 to Q3), with the final 15 minutes of the show down 30 percent compared to the first 15 minutes of the show.

-- The opening segment (1.31) featured the latest talking segment involving A.J. Styles & Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan & Abyss, then Impact closed (0.93) with another exchange between the four parties following the main event four-way TNA Title match.

-- The biggest drop from one segment to another was the fifth to sixth quarter-hour - a 1.15 to a 1.04. The next biggest drop on the show was from the sixth to seventh quarter-hour - a 1.04 to a 0.94.

The fifth quarter-hour featured Mr. Anderson's skit with Kurt Angle, a commercial, Abyss and Hulk Hogan backstage, highlights of a Beautiful People skit, and another commercial.

The sixth quarter-hour (with the biggest quarter-hour drop) featured The Beautiful People again, Bubba the Love Sponge backstage with Hogan, a commercial, another Mick Foley etiquette school skit, and a recap of the Nash & Young vs. The Band feud.

The seventh quarter-hour (with the next biggest quarter-hour drop) featured Jeff Jarrett vs. Tomko, a commercial, backstage with Hogan and Eric Bischoff, and ring intros for the main event TNA Title match.

Caldwell's Analysis: The lesson here was way too much stuff being thrown against the wall, with the audience finding other programming to check out as the show went on, or simply tuning out. The silver lining is that the opening segment probably did the best job hyping March 8 than anything else on the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/45650/hulk-hogan-makes-light-of-ric-flairs-domestic-issue-dixie-carter-talks-lockdown-fanfest-foley-on-wrestlemania-and-more.html?p=1
    Bubba the Love Sponge was saying on his radio show this past week that since he has not been on TNA impact for 3 to 4 weeks that consequently the ratings have fallen. This week Bubba is excited about having a couple of segments. Bubba said he finally thinks TNA realizes what he brings to the table with promotion and as a talent because they didn't force him to follow a script and "act" as they have previously. Bubba said they gave him direction on what the segment was about but he did the rest and it was real. Hogan rang in and said he was actually rattled for a few hours and had trouble concentrating the rest of the show. As no one ever talks to him that way. Bubba asked has Vince ever spoken to you like Bubba did and Hogan said, 'Never'. Bubba said on his way home Kurt Angle rang him and said he had never heard anyone talk to Hogan like that. So basically Bubba didn't promote the past 3 Iheavily, however since he has a segment this week he has promoted the Impact heavily on radio and believes the ratings will rise, especially in his segment.
    The sixth quarter-hour (with the biggest quarter-hour drop) featured The Beautiful People again, Bubba the Love Sponge backstage with Hogan, a commercial, another Mick Foley etiquette school skit, and a recap of the Nash & Young vs. The Band feud.

I've never been happier to see a ratings drop in TNA.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

-- TNA is screwed. I mean, really bad. After Bischoff explained last week that Impact's ratings were low due to the Olympics, this week's show, with no Olympic competition, did a 1.14 rating and 1.5 million viewers. Worse, the lowest rated quarters by far were the final two. The show did fine for an hour, averaging a 1.3, and then completely collapsed, losing tons of viewers in every remaining segment until closing at an 0.9 for the big angle with Hogan and Flair to set up the tag match on Monday night. You couldn't ask for a worse ratings pattern going into the supposed new Monday Night Wars. But it will be another message about the writing team going unheeded, as it has gone unheeded for years now.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12541

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I would have higher hopes for TNA if they only went against Raw for 1 hour. It gives you momentum to build an audience unopposed. By deciding to go head to head for 2 hours against Raw, makes it very difficult for them.

My prediction would be that overall they don't break 1.2.

TNA posted this on their website implying that something major is going to happen in the first five minutes of iMPACT!, my guess would probably be RVD:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

TNA President Dixie Carter wrote on her Twitter page:

"Spoke w/Sting last nite. We've renewed his contract & he said he wouldn't miss Mondays live show for anything. Can't wait to work w/Hulk."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

TNA posted this on their website implying that something major is going to happen in the first five minutes of iMPACT!, my guess would probably be RVD:

Did Borash not get fired?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did Borash not get fired?

He was brought back at Against all Odds

Great hype video for Monday:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I love this whole "TNA as a team" motto they've got going on, painting the wwe as "negative" while conveniently forgetting that everyone responsible for WCW having the worst locker room morale in history is in TNA.

I'd be a hell of a lot more interested in TNA if they weren't talking about "more big names coming over" (sic)

Kelly Green of 100.9 The Farm passed on audio featuring an interview he conducted with Rob Van Dam on Friday morning regarding rumors that he has signed with TNA Wrestling. RVD didn't quite confirm the rumors, but didn't discount them either.

"Officially guys, no, I haven't signed anything officially. However, the talks have been very, very good lately. I'm sure I will be speaking to them a lot more today as well. I'd say there is a pretty good probability that you should tune in Monday night on Spike. Officially as of now, although rumors are everywhere that I have signed, it is not official at this moment."

Latest ratings.

Bravo
    w/e 21 Feb 2010
    000's
    1 LEVERAGE (WED 2101) 102
    2 30 DAYS OF NIGHT SPECIAL (FRI 2101) 95
    3 DEADLY NORTH SEA (MON 2100) 88
    4 BRIT COPS: RAPID RESPONSE (WED 2200) 72
    5 SUN SEA AND A&E (SUN 2000) 71
    6 STAR TREK: VOYAGER (SAT 1900) 65
    7 TNA IMPACT (SAT 2100) 65
    8 SUN SEA AND A&E (TUE 2100) 59
    9 STAR TREK: VOYAGER (SAT 1800) 58
    10 30 DAYS OF NIGHT SPECIAL (THU 2201) 54

Bravo +1
    w/e 21 Feb 2010
    000's
    1 DEADLY NORTH SEA (MON 2200) 88
    2 TNA IMPACT (SAT 2200) 75
    3 SUN SEA AND A&E (THU 2100) 57
    4 1000 WAYS TO DIE (THU 2200) 55
    5 DEADLY NORTH SEA (WED 2100) 53
    6 1000 WAYS TO DIE (THU 2230) 50
    7 MOTORWAY PATROL (THU 1930) 50
    8 BEHIND BARS: AMERICA'S TOUGHEST PRISONS (MON 2100) 49
    9 BRIT COPS: RAPID RESPONSE (WED 2300) 48
    10 MARTIAL LAW (THU 2000) 45

So that's a total of 140,000 for Impact in the UK.

During the Impact post-game show earlier this week, Jeremy Borash commented TNA would debut a "new theme" that he's heard and loves.

During the Impact post-game show earlier this week, Jeremy Borash commented TNA would debut a "new theme" that he's heard and loves.

Damn it, I love the current theme song.

Jim Ross answered some Q&A's on his website. Here are some :

Q: "In your opion do you think that TNA will put the WWE out of business?"

JR: "Hell, no. WWE likely wont' be dinted by TNA and WWE shouldn't be TNA's obsession. TNA should just worry about improving their brand and making more money and producing more compelling TV. WWE is way too strong and too well organized to be noticeably impacted by any one in today's marketplace in pro wrestling."

Q:" Do you think its time that the WWE started mentioning other wrestling organizations on there programming. Obvious reasons would be Daniel Bryan & CM Punk being a ROH champion and Christian and R-Truth winning TNA Championships. Maybe we could get history on some superstars instead of these guys either disappearing for years and or just appearing out of no where. I mean Vince must have seen these guys before he signed them so why explain where to the audience."

JR: "I'm not big on mentioning other brands personally and I highly doubt that McMahon saw either talent you mentioned to any serious degree before the talent relations department signed them which isn't unusual or necessary."

Q: Why does Eric Bischoff poke fun at WWE yet they pick up former WWE stars because they are incapable of building stars on their own.

JR: "I can only assume Eric does it to get folks talking such as you with this question. Personally I would never infer to WWE especially with TNA going head to head on Mondays. What does it do to help make TNA a better show to watch?"

Q: " So with TNA moving to Monday nights and rekindling the Monday Night War, do you see WWE moving away from the PG rating?"

JR: "I don't see this Monday night stuff as being a "war" nor do I see WWE deviating from their PG rating."

Q: "If Sting signed with WWE, how would you see him being used? gimmckwise and storyline wise?

JR: "I would see him used sparingly, well positioned and as a legendary attraction"

Q: "What do you think of Ric Flair coming out of retirement?"

JR: "If Ric is happy then I am happy. If used wisely, Ric can still be an asset as a wrestler but will always add to any show if he isn't overexposed."

- According to many wrestling media sources, morale has been described as being way down in TNA. Of course, this depends on who you talk to. Were told there are at least three surprise names set to debut on the first live Impact on Monday night. Either way, there was lots of concern over the final rating for Impact this past Thursday being as low as it was (especially with the final quarter hours seeing big drops in building the most important angles for this Monday).

- TulsaWorld is featuring an interview with former WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg where he shoots down any rumors that he has been talks with TNA Wrestling.

"Pardon my French, but Hulk Hogan's full of crap because I was never in negotiations with TNA. Do I see myself getting back in the wrestling ring? I'm 43 years old. Do I want to be Ric Flair? Do I want to be Hulk Hogan? In the twilight of my life, do I want to be running around in my underwear trying to injure people? Absolutely not. (Wrestling) was a stage in my life, a wonderful stage. Do I ever see it happening again? You never say never, but I don't see it likely by any stretch of the imagination. I'm putting together chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs for my kid and I'm watching 'SpongeBob' as opposed to sitting up at the gym, thinking about myself. I've just kind of moved on, and I don't see it happening."

- In regards to some talks that TNA was looking at a name change when Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff were brought in (a discussion that has been on and off the last few years), The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that when Frank Dickerson was first brought into the company that he also wanted a name change. Eventually a decision was made all the way back in 2005 when they debuted on Spike to keep the name since, in their eyes, it was already established in wrestling. Vince Russo originally came up with th ename when the company wanted to be as risque as possible. Dixie Carter is said to be very loyal to the TNA brand name.

Earlier today on their TV show in Mexico, AAA announced that they now have a working agreement with TNA Wrestling. They noted that more information about the agreement will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.
    Last week, AAA announced that Mr. Anderson will be wrestling at their Rey de Reyes event on March 12th and today Hernandez, who TNA has wanted to send to Mexico for some time, was added to the event as well.

The agreement means that TNA and Konnan have put any lingering issues over their past problems aside and that TNA will not be using CMLL talent going forward in the future, although TNA has not used any Lucha talent in some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Anyone going to hazard a guess at who the 3 big suprises are tonight

RVD is obviously one.

Anyone going to hazard a guess at who the 3 big suprises are tonight

RVD is obviously one.

RVD, Jeff Hardy and probably Shannon Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Surely they'd have to go for a bigger surprise than Shannon Moore. I'd say the third surprise will be someone old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Is this being showing on Bravo tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭brick tamland

would Shannon Moore be a " Big Suprise "?

Randy Savage perhaps

Sting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Sting?

Sting's already confirmed, although I suppose that he will be counted as a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

honky tonk man and rvd and shane mcmahon :D

Heres "One of the surprises"
    TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting that there is a rumor going around saying Sabu will be returning to TNA. They can't confirm or deny the story. We shall see. As noted earlier, we can now confirm that Rob Van Dam will be debuting with TNA tonight on iMPACT!.

Could be true because when Hogan rang RVD radio he metioned bringing him in too and if true, i'll be marking out like a mofo with my 2 all time favourite wrestlers debuting tonight:D:D:cool:

• Advertisement

I'm so disappointed in RVD. Has he not been following TNA? I assume he just wants a few pound for easy work twice a month, but as a fan I'd much rather see him on raw or smackdown

Advertisement