Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    They'd hardly leave the likes of Angle and all the others off the show completely though would they?

Saying an all X-Division PPV implies that they will. It does leave it open for the likes of Styles, Daniels and Joe though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The man front and centre of that poster was beat by Val Venis a few weeks ago. That's just silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

As Ger said wouldn't it basically be a PPV filled with guys the audience has become conditioned to view as jobbers in that case? Can't seeing Hogan being down with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

As Ger said wouldn't it basically be a PPV filled with guys the audience has become conditioned to view as jobbers in that case? Can't seeing Hogan being down with that tbh.

If they're going to get buried they should have them all v Steiner, then after he beats them give him the mic for 2 and a half hours to say whatever he wants. I'd buy that.

Not denying that but it'd be a show I'd love to see. Plus, it'd probably be the only place a Guns vs. Bucks match'll get twenty minutes.

• Advertisement

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    If they're going to get buried they should have them all v Steiner, then after he beats them give him the mic for 2 and a half hours to say whatever he wants. I'd buy that.

A bazillion buys.:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont be surprise if they throw all the X Division into a opening Ultimate X match and that will be their match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Where is Steiner these days? One of the few of the auld crowd I still enjoy watching.

Where is Steiner these days? One of the few of the auld crowd I still enjoy watching.

Gone from TNA. It's a shame as he was one of the few that really gave it his all. I still mark out every time he pulls out the FrankenSteiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm praying TNA keep to their word and keep Destination X an X-Division PPV. Ever since Hogan and his buddies came in, the X-Division has been slaughtered and everyone in it jobbers.

• Advertisement

Ever since Hogan and his buddies came in, the X-Division has been slaughtered and everyone in it jobbers.

Newsflash, that's been the state of the X-Division for the last two years.

Gone from TNA. It's a shame as he was one of the few that really gave it his all. I still mark out every time he pulls out the FrankenSteiner.
    I suppose he's packed it in then.
    Watching MSG go ape-poop crazy for his debut is one of my favourite moments from that era. NY crowds can be awesome sometimes.

Newsflash, that's been the state of the X-Division for the last two years.

I'm behind the times in TNA. What can I say??

I'm behind the times in TNA. What can I say??

I suppose there is a justifiable reason why may not have noticed it - the X-Division just hasn't been featured enough to even notice that they're still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Meh, why dont they just have an all OAP PPV.. Hall, Nash, Hogan in an old folks home, wheelchairs, zimmerframes, walking sticks and all

I suppose there is a justifiable reason why may not have noticed it - the X-Division just hasn't been featured enough to even notice that they're still there.

It's actually pretty sad to see the way the X-Division has been treated.
    It's what brought TNA to my attention due to all the unique and innovative moves.

It's actually pretty sad to see the way the X-Division has been treated.
    It's what brought TNA to my attention due to all the unique and innovative moves.

I'm actually going through the old weekly PPV's week by week and it's clear how much they valued the X-Division back then. They tore the house down week after week.

Meh, why dont they just have an all OAP PPV.. Hall, Nash, Hogan in an old folks home, wheelchairs, zimmerframes, walking sticks and all

Look at N.W.O Souled Out 1997. This could actually happen in TNA if Hogan and Bischoff push "the Band" over-the-top. An awful PPV in which the main-event finished in a no-contest

I'm actually going through the old weekly PPV's week by week and it's clear how much they valued the X-Division back then. They tore the house down week after week.

In the first few months the X division nearly always headlined the PPV, whether it was the great Ki/Styles/Lynn ladder match or the Styles/Lynn feud.

Look at N.W.O Souled Out 1997. This could actually happen in TNA if Hogan and Bischoff push "the Band" over-the-top. An awful PPV in which the main-event finished in a no-contest

BIG TIME..:(

• Advertisement

In the first few months the X division nearly always headlined the PPV, whether it was the great Ki/Styles/Lynn ladder match or the Styles/Lynn feud.

Even some of the stuff with The Flying Elvis' and the development of Amazing Red. The X-Division was always the highlight of each show. I'm at the great Syxx Pac vs. AJ Styles stuff now with Pac as X-Champ. I know I've said it before but when motivated Pac is a phenomenal wrestler.

Even some of the stuff with The Flying Elvis' and the development of Amazing Red. The X-Division was always the highlight of each show. I'm at the great Syxx Pac vs. AJ Styles stuff now with Pac as X-Champ. I know I've said it before but when motivated Pac is a phenomenal wrestler.

He's one of those ones that got away. Only for his laziness theres no end to how good he could still be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Few things i found
    Credit: PWTorch.com

It's being reported that there was some eye rolling in the TNA locker room when Hulk Hogan and The Nasty Boys had a laugh at the expense of X Division star Jay Lethal.

Jerry Sags openly questioned how long TNA will keep him employed and laughed at the audacity of his "Black Machismo" character.

Apparently in a tongue in cheek tone, Hogan later cracked during an appearance on The Bubba The Love Sponge Show that TNA should bring in Randy Savage to manage Lethal.

TNA officials have spoken to the Mexican-based AAA promotion about sending Hernandez for an extended stay.

While this idea has come up in the past, there are some who feel he could become a legitimate star in Mexico. On the other hand, others fear Mexican wrestling fans could turn on him once they discover that he doesn't speak Spanish particularly well.

For those curious, Hernandez is of Mexican and Puerto Rican descent.

Alex Shelley, who is suffering from a few herniated and bulging discs, is expected to continue working through said injuries. There was some initial concern that the Motor City Machinegun member would be out for an extended period of time.

- Bubba the Love Sponge is said to be the least popular person in the TNA locker room. Those who look past his shock jock personality say he gives off a vibe that he's above everyone else due to his friendship with Hulk Hogan.

- One former Russo defender laughed over some of the "absurd" things the TNA creative director has written in his online blogs, saying, "He's really showing how smart he isn't."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I'd pay good money for that, Walter. In fact, just have someone break a wheelchair over Hogan's stupid head.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

it's just a matter of time..they've already installed the wheelchair ramp leading up to the ring:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Hogan's TNA is terrible

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    it's just a matter of time..they've already installed the wheelchair ramp leading up to the ring:D

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I got meet brutus magnus tonight.

And?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

i'm just saying i got too meet him last night. thats all

Advertisement