Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options
1125126127128129131»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just meant that TNA had that reputation of hiring former WWE guys, so trying to relaunch while heavily pushing a former WWE guy that wasn't with the company before now wouldn't be a good move.

I agree they have guys that were wasted in WWE and are using them well. But that's because they're using them with homegrown talent these days. So it's getting to be like the pre Hogan era again when the homegrown talent were headlining alongside WWE guys that TNA had given a better chance to.

Of course I know having Del Rio on would increase figures, but since he'd probably beat whoever they give him right away, it wouldn't be a great start.

I think having him come in later if they still want him would be better.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A message from Matt Hardy on Twitter:
    "@MATTHARDYBRAND: I'm happy to announce that I'll be on the @IMPACTWRESTLING UK tour. Can't wait to perform for the amazing ‪#‎ImpactUK‬ fans at the end of Jan!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Too much change all at once lads. Thought IMPACT was on tonight. It is on Friday this week and for now on.

I need to write all this down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The full UK tour roster:
    The line-up is Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Sanada, Manik, Mahabali Shera, Abyss, EC3, Tyrus, Rockstar Spud, Magnus, Bram, Madison Rayne, Low-Ki, Brooke, Gunner, Chris Melendez, Austin Aries, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Gail Kim, MVP, Awesome Kong, Eric Young, Matt Hardy, Robbie E, Jessie Godderz, Zema Ion, Mr Anderson, Kenny King, Angelina Love, Samoa Joe, Sam Shaw, Crazzy Steve, Rebel, Taryn Terrell, Al Snow, Grado, Noam Dar, Kay Lee Ray, Mark Andrews, Dave Mastiff and Rampage Brown.UKmontage.jpg

No Irish date this year. Anybody heading over to a show? Going to the Manchester taping myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    At the time, the TNA roster was getting very small and they likely didn't know who would be sticking around. Young had been there for about 10 years and was always loyal so wouldn't be leaving. He was a safe bet when they were worried about finances and contracts. With the TV deal sorted and their future secure, Young can go back to being a solid mid card guy who can main event if needed. Similar to Dolph Ziggler in WWE in the past few years. A solid mid carder who can fill in higher up when needed.

Cheers for the rundown on that. I was of the impression that they had tried to manufacture their own sort of Daniel Bryan movement, in embarrassing fashion albeit.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the rundown on that. I was of the impression that they had tried to manufacture their own sort of Daniel Bryan movement, in embarrassing fashion albeit.

They did. It was even the same week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What do people think of IMPACT this week? Glad they fixed the cameras and picture quality this week. However the constant zooming in and out is as bad as WWE's shaky cam. Hurt my enjoyment of the really good Hardys vs Wolves match. Beating Angle clean in a short match was so dumb. Can't get into Yet Another Heel Faction but the beatdown at the end of the show was fairly strong. There was a bunch of different for the sake of different new production ideas during the show but none seem interesting or something that will capture he new fans. They mainly exist to put a happy face on the budget limitations they have or lack of attendance.

Easiest win in the World but I will give them credit in how they are using Kong:
    UkuLQCB.gif

The shows aren't necessarily that bad but they're the exact same as they've always been which is extremely disheartening. They seem like they've learned nothing and bar cosmetic stuff they've changed nothing. And it the exact same ideas we've seen before, especially another heel stable. They seem to think the problem is the format and the way it's shot instead of the content. The shows between June and November last year were actually a fair bit better.

TNA announced last week that they've resigned/signed Jeff Hardy, Awesome Kong, Mark Andrews, Kenny King, Manik and Gail Kim to new contracts. Obviously Hardy is the most notable of that bunch but Kim and Kong should give the womens division a pulse.

Advertisement