Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

uhhh

still no live impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Bubba The Love Sponge addressed the Awesome Kong lawsuit on the radio today. Here is a recap of what he said.

The call to Awesome Kong was not on his radio show. He said that he has witnesses to his whereabouts and his actions during the time in question. Possible recordings as proof were also mentioned (not sure if its video or audio but his studio and compound are wired for both).

He said that he didn't press charges against her after the incident where she attacked him backstage in TNA because he wanted it to just be done with but he is now exploring all legal options.

He said that he's done with TNA and they didn't handle the situation properly.

He said that he is considering suing TNA regardless of Hulk Hogan's involvement in the company.

He said he will not be taking any phone calls about the subject on his show and any further news from him will be out of his attorney's office.

He also stated that this was completely scooped by "the sheets" before he even got a copy of the suit. He said the suit is filed completely off hearsay and without proof. Bubba said let AT & T release the number because it isn't his. He said this could seriously hurt his radio career with the allegations against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

F4W says that TNA's rating for this week was a 1.1.

Well done Hulk.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    F4W says that TNA's rating for this week was a 1.1.

Well done Hulk.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

And the rating won't increase long term unless TNA figure out that the way they present TV is completely flawed. There were 12 minutes of wrestling on iMPACT! this week. Now Vince Russo will argue that he's trying to cater to all different kinds of people but I don't buy that. Comedy fans won't tune into a wrestling show to get their comedy fix, they'll turn on Comedy Central. Nor will they watch a wrestling show for the drama, they'll probably watch their favourite soaps. At the end of the day, wrestling fans tune in to watch wrestling and interaction between wrestling characters, they don't want to see some variety show.

And iMPACT! is so rushed that nothing can get over. Samoa Joe was abducted last week, the man was kidnapped and all he gets is a passing mention this week. For a man that nobody knows where he is? Plus, iMPACT! had a title match and a No. 1 contenders match both without much justification or build and therefore people will treat them as meaningless especially when neither goes over three minutes.

iMPACT! had a great opening segment and a great closing segment this week but by the time people got to the closing segment with the big announcement of Hogan and Flair's in-ring return, I doubt many people were watching. As long as TNA continue to present TV in the Vince Russo format, they'll never succeed and they'll never move past a regular 1.3.

• Advertisement

The only thing i can think of is that, possibly they've just been dialing in their storylines for the last 2 months and waiting for the Monday Night debut before they start to give us good angles and storylines.. But maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part..

Personally i dont understand why TNA hasnt just continued the formaula of Nitro, of outstanding Lowercard wrestling and then the soap opera storylines for Hogan/Flair/Angle etc to satisfy all fans..

If TNA continue down this road they be lucky to get a .4 against Raw, which is a damn shame after the success of January 4th but TNA cant blame anybody but themselves

Personally i dont understand why TNA hasnt just continued the formaula of Nitro, of outstanding Lowercard wrestling and then the soap opera storylines for Hogan/Flair/Angle etc to satisfy all fans..

But they don't even do that. Kaz vs. Kendrick was a fun match on iMPACT! this week but it was like 2 minutes long, and then they wonder why nobody cares about them.

But they don't even do that. Kaz vs. Kendrick was a fun match on iMPACT! this week but it was like 2 minutes long, and then they wonder why nobody cares about them.

Im not jumping on the Anti-Russo bandwagon, but he really has to go, he hasnt got a clue what wrestling fans in 2010 want.. I always considered Total Nonstop ACTION the place with the best wrestling but the worst storylines now they dont even had that anymore..

Maybe Dixie should be ringing Paul Heyman or Cornette or even Michael Hayes, or else i cant see them lasted for too long against Raw

Im not jumping on the Anti-Russo bandwagon, but he really has to go, he hasnt got a clue what wrestling fans in 2010 want.. I always considered Total Nonstop ACTION the place with the best wrestling but the worst storylines now they dont even had that anymore..

Russo's had more than enough chances to prove himself and he's failed every time. The good thing is that if TNA fail on Monday's he'll probably be Hogan and Bischoff's fall guy.

Russo's had more than enough chances to prove himself and he's failed every time. The good thing is that if TNA fail on Monday's he'll probably be Hogan and Bischoff's fall guy.

Absolutely and he's now proven himself to be a one trick pony who still thinks its 1999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Trying to watch Impact on Bravo and it's really poor. Flair's promo at the start was crazy and not in a good way. Not surprised this did a 1.1.

Its awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can't believe I passed up watching Barca for that episode of Impact. Really poor stuff.

They seriously need to revamp their writing staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Eric Bischoff issued the following statement on his official Facebook page in response to the lower 1.1 cable rating TNA Impact garnered this past Thursday night.

""How did the Olympics do? Think there were many men 18-49 watching? Seriously, we have known from day one that the way to gain market share and grow ratings is just like I did in 95. The wrestling audience gathers on Monday nights. Have for almost 2 decades. Giving them an option and getting them to sample our product will increase the ratings."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Eric Bischoff issued the following statement on his official Facebook page in response to the lower 1.1 cable rating TNA Impact garnered this past Thursday night.

""How did the Olympics do? Think there were many men 18-49 watching? Seriously, we have known from day one that the way to gain market share and grow ratings is just like I did in 95. The wrestling audience gathers on Monday nights. Have for almost 2 decades. Giving them an option and getting them to sample our product will increase the ratings."

Yeah what happend a few years after 1995 there Eric? God what an idiot

Trying to watch Impact on Bravo and it's really poor. Flair's promo at the start was crazy and not in a good way. Not surprised this did a 1.1.
    Its awful..

Just watched iMPACT! there (from when Hernandez and Morgan were talking backstage) and all I can say is wow.

I saw Jarrett cutting up onions and flipping burgers (no idea why), Foley in a suit, 6/X-Pac and Hall beating up Young/Nash and Hogan blading within 30/40 mins so God know what the 2 hours would've been like.

Kendrick vs. Kaz was a good match, if a little short. Then, Anderson had an interview with Christy and, did that interview take ages or what?? He talked about using a DVR to rewind and fast-forward through the interview (which I guess a lot of people did). Next, Terry told Magnu to P*** off and went to the ring to defend his Global title. Anderson came out, cut a programme about how a widow of a fallen Vietnamese soldier gave him a medal, then, Angle rose up from the stage and hit him with a chair. Rob Terry then carried Anderson into the ring and gave him a running powerslam to retain the Legends title. A title match that lasted less than 30 seconds.

Syxx Pac takes out Young in the parking lot while Hall takes out Nash. Hall "slaps" Nash and tells him to stay outta their business. Pac spray paints "4 life" on the back of Young. Foley goes into Bischoff's office (Eric takes a dig at the guest-host gimmick on Raw) and shows off his suit. Abyss/Wolfe was the main event which Abyss won. AJ and Flair came down and, along with Wolfe, beat up Abyss. They handcuffed Abyss to the rope and tried to take off the HoF ring that Hogan gave to Abyss. Hogan comes out to a huge pop and attempts the save but it's not successful. Wolfe, AJ and Flair beat up Hogan which results in AJ hitting Hogan with the title, which made Hogan bleed, while Abyss hulked up and ripped the hand-cuffs off the rope. AJ/Flair and Wolfe exited the ring and went up the ramp. Hogan said Flair was coming outta retirement on March 8th and Flair went beserk. Hogan asked to cut Flairs mic off which was dine, yet, we could still hear Ric. Abyss/Hogan vs. AJ/Flair was made for 8/3 as we went off the air

This is hilarious

Lance Storm sent the following in to Wrestling Observer:

Just listening to WOR and have to say this.

I think Ken Anderson has been so GOD AWFUL on promos it's a channel changer for me.

His promo last week with angle actually made me turn the show off after Angle's awesome promo, and this week he talked forever in his first promo and I could not have possibly cared less.

He is doing the flippant Too Cool for School goof ball character, which in my opinion is the worst possible character. He makes light of absolutely everything as if it doesn't matter than ultimately it ends up not mattering.

Last week after Kurt was so hot at him for spitting on the USA and Dead Soldiers, Anderson came out with this goofy who cares flippant personality. HOW does that draw money? He treated it like a joke and thus it became one.

This week his promo with Christy went on forever and I ended up not having a clue what he was talking about, but when you go back and look he actually talked about laying out Kurt, spitting on America and going after a title tonight (TWO MAJOR ISSUES) yet finished off flippantly talking about fighting gorillas to the point we forgot his issue with Kurt and his title match with Rob. Almost a textbook example of a BAD promo.

Then they bury the Kurt program even deeper by having Anderson cut another f***ing promo while Kurt stands behind him for over a minute with a chair. If Kurt gave a flying f*** about Anderson laying him out or spitting on America why didn't he hit him right away rather than waiting for a minute for the comedy pop of watching Kurt stand behind him while Anderson was unaware.

This show was horrible and Anderson's character and promo work are ATROCIOUS. Yes he talks well but he buries the entire program with the way in which his talks and carries himself. He is my least favourite character on the show and that covers a lot of ground because this entire show SUCKS.

Also I can't believe no one pointed out that Anderson was KILLED by one chair shot (yes Bryan pointed this out) BUT Abyss was hit with 3 or 4 and was still on his feet later in the show. I could book a better show with a WEEGEE board.

Lance

But that was definitely one the worst wrestling show i've ever watched, and can someone explain to me how Desmond Wolfe who was able to beat Kurt Angle a few weeks ago is now jobbing to fu*cking ABYSS???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good to see Kennedy hasn't gotten any better anyway.:pac:

I actually disagree completely with Storm about that Anderson segment (besides the comedy pop bit). I actually think Anderson played it perfectly, last week Angle poured his heart out and cut one of the best, most emotional promo's of his career and Anderson comes out and completely makes a joke of it. How could that not piss somebody off? Especially Americans considering the content of Angle's promo. He was a complete insensitive jerk that most probably wanted to see get his ass kicked and they wanted to see Angle do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I could book a better show with a WEEGEE board.

I'd pay good money to see that. Every week, Lance interviews a member of the departed wrestling community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I thought Anderson was brilliant on Impact his promo with the Gorilla that was some funny stuff, I did not like the fact he was out cold after only 1 chair shot to the back WTF????

but loved the end of TNA with the Hogan/Flair saga,

Tna need to get rid of Bischoff and the band as they bring nothing to the show and hire Paul Burchill for the Brittish Invasion and push the x-division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Worst episode of any wrestling show I have seen in ages.

Only a quick mention of what happened to Joe. A man who was kidnapped. Good to know they care about his well being.

A two hour show with hardly no wrestling. The Nasties/3D match was terrible and I don't want to see Hall involved in anything not to mind wrestling, he can hardly move.

Who thought that it was a good idea to change Abyss music. It doesn't suit him at all. And this whole thing with the Hall of Fame ring is ridiculous. On another note...the Hall of Fame ring Hogan and Flair talk about, would that be the WWE Hall of Fame by any chance?

Anderson annoys me on the mic and he has even since he came to TNA. Hes not funny and I agree with everything Storm says about him, and its not very often I agree with Storm.

TNA will get DESTORYED if they go up against a live Raw every Monday.

On the plus side...I like Kendricks entrance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Tribesmen7 wrote: »

Only a quick mention of what happened to Joe. A man who was kidnapped. Good to know they care about his well being.

Half watched the show on sunday morning... had completely forgotten this angle. Hopefully it does go somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

wow just watched last weeks impact and that has to be the worst show ive seen in a long time, if they expect to go live against raw with anderson and flair rambling away on the mic, jarrett flipping burgers, hogan and flair wrestling, and abyss walking out to hogans wcw music and hulking up with his hall of fame ring, they better be prepared to go out of business and fast, vince must be laughing his head off

does anybody know if impact is live the night austin hosts raw, if they are, surely its the worst business decision ever

• Registered Users Posts: 85,408 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wolfe would be better as Flair's protege than AJ imo

What happened with Pope and AJ? Is that feud over already or did it even start?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wolfe would be better as Flair's protege than AJ imo

What happened with Pope and AJ? Is that feud over already or did it even start?

Flair needs to fcuk off imo. I hated this angle with Orton and its worse with AJ.

Pope wasn't even mentioned as far as i remember. Flair just rattled on about Hogan and other stuff. Its truely embarassing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea surely Pope should have been mentioned since he is the number 1 contender. I could see Abyss vs Aj vs Pope for the title next unfortunately . Would love if they give Aj and Pope a good 20/25 minute match without Flair/Hogan/Abyss etc. But knowing TNA we wont get that

Yea surely Pope should have been mentioned since he is the number 1 contender. I could see Abyss vs Aj vs Pope for the title next unfortunately . Would love if they give Aj and Pope a good 20/25 minute match without Flair/Hogan/Abyss etc. But knowing TNA we wont get that

AJ mentioned Pope in the opening segment and Taz said he was injured as a result of the attack last week.

TNA star Hulk Hogan appeared on radio host Jim Kerr's "Rock 'n Roll Morning Show" this morning from New York City and strongly hinted that Rob Van Dam has signed with TNA Wrestling.

"We got a lot of young kids now like A.J. Styles and Jeff Hardy and we've got a bunch of surprises coming up with some guys that just signed - I didn't even tell Jimmy [Hart] about it. I found out about it last night.

Hogan then pointed to himself (like RVD does when saying his name) and said, "It's going to be really crazy."

With all the talk of TNA having several "major surprises" planned for Monday's live iMPACT! debut, it appears the chances of RVD showing up are looking pretty
    good.

• Advertisement

TNA star Hulk Hogan appeared on radio host Jim Kerr's "Rock 'n Roll Morning Show" this morning from New York City and strongly hinted that Rob Van Dam has signed with TNA Wrestling.

"We got a lot of young kids now like A.J. Styles and Jeff Hardy and we've got a bunch of surprises coming up with some guys that just signed - I didn't even tell Jimmy [Hart] about it. I found out about it last night.

Hogan then pointed to himself (like RVD does when saying his name) and said, "It's going to be really crazy."

With all the talk of TNA having several "major surprises" planned for Monday's live iMPACT! debut, it appears the chances of RVD showing up are looking pretty
    good.

Here's the video of the interview:

Advertisement