Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed in RVD. Has he not been following TNA? I assume he just wants a few pound for easy work twice a month, but as a fan I'd much rather see him on raw or smackdown

I think the schedule given his age is very appealing to him.

Plus with fewer dates, you might see more of a spark from RVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Heres "One of the surprises"
    TNAWrestlingNews.com is reporting that there is a rumor going around saying Sabu will be returning to TNA. They can't confirm or deny the story. We shall see. As noted earlier, we can now confirm that Rob Van Dam will be debuting with TNA tonight on iMPACT!.

Could be true because when Hogan rang RVD radio he metioned bringing him in too and if true, i'll be marking out like a mofo with my 2 all time favourite wrestlers debuting tonight:D:D:cool:

To take from 1 of your previous posts in this thread

5_ECW_int.jpg

Former WWE star The Honky Tonk Man has posted a new entry on his blog, this time stating that he expect TNA to "be dead in 12 months."

"Seems Bischoff has more stroke than Hogan. Hogan lays back lets Bischoff take the heat. Old days gone by, good cop, bad cop. TNA will be dead in 12 months. Jeff Jarrett is too smart for this. Who is working who? Is Jeff working southern bell Dixie or is Jeff working all of them to get a payday off Hogan. I know these Jarretts from way back!"

From TNA's website:

TONIGHT (MONDAY): “TNA iMPACT!” MAKES HISTORY ON SPIKE TV

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s Flagship Series Will Air Live Every Other Week From Universal Studios In Orlando, Fl.

“TNA iMPACT!,” Spike TV’s highly-rated two-hour weekly series, is moving from Thursday nights to Monday nights beginning Monday, March 8 (9:00-11:00pm ET/PT), it was announced by TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary pop culture icon Hulk Hogan at a press conference at the “TNA iMPACT! Zone” at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

Tonight, March 8, the huge main event of the epic broadcast will feature Hulk Hogan's return to the ring as he teams with Abyss to face TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles and the legendary "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

Plus, "The Icon" Sting has signed a new contract with TNA Wrestling and will be at Monday's historic broadcast on SpikeTV!

“TNA iMPACT!” will air live on March 8, with subsequent telecasts live every other week. The series features many of the biggest names in wrestling including Hogan, Ric Flair, Mick Foley and Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle, as well as the hottest young talent in the industry: TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe and “The Blueprint” Matt Morgan.

The first ever Monday live “TNA iMPACT” broadcast on Spike TV, ran as a three-hour special head-to-head against WWE RAW on Monday, January 4, 2010, and drew a franchise-record 2.2 million viewers. Two wrestling companies have not broadcast head-to-head weekly since the “Monday Night Wars” in the late 1990’s between WWE and WCW.

“On January 4 wrestling fans showed us they’re ready for a new professional wrestling alternative on Monday nights, and we’re answering that call. Bringing ‘iMPACT!’ to Mondays is our most exciting move yet in a year that’s already been filled with huge milestones for TNA” said Carter.

"Monday nights are now officially the best night of the week to be a fan of professional wrestling," Hogan said. "My mantra has been 'change is coming' since partnering with Dixie Carter and TNA Wrestling. This change is great for the business and all fans of professional wrestling will benefit because of it."

"TNA iMPACT! has emerged as one of cable's top performers with young men, said Spike TV President Kevin Kay. "With NFL Football off the television schedule and with "TNA iMPACT’s" expanding roster of top wrestling talent, we see this as an opportunity to tap into the millions of wrestling fans on Monday nights."

Since its founding in 2002, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has become the world’s fastest growing professional wrestling company, currently airing in over 120 countries worldwide.

Did they announce on their tv that Sting would be there? My gut is they didn't which makes no sense.

I don't feel overly positive over tonight's rating. At the same time though, whatever rating they get if they can't produce a good show week in week out, it all means nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Did they announce on their tv that Sting would be there? My gut is they didn't which makes no sense.

I don't feel overly positive over tonight's rating. At the same time though, whatever rating they get if they can't produce a good show week in week out, it all means nothing.

No they didn't. They didn't do a lot of things they should have done. I think the buzz will get around as people begin to show up on iMPACT! and that'll get them a good rating, it's up to the quality of the TV to keep those people and iMPACT! has failed time and time again to do that.

No they didn't. They didn't do a lot of things they should have done. I think the buzz will get around as people begin to show up on iMPACT! and that'll get them a good rating, it's up to the quality of the TV to keep those people and iMPACT! has failed time and time again to do that.

So what's your prediction for a rating?

My guess would be a 1.1 to a 1.3 (not really going out on a limb!).

Their rating tonight will be v. interesting to see. 1.6, me thinks

So what's your prediction for a rating?

My guess would be a 1.1 to a 1.3 (not really going out on a limb!).

I'd say a 1.3 but if they ran from 8-10 (an hour before Raw) they could easily achieve much better.

I'd say a 1.3 but if they ran from 8-10 (an hour before Raw) they could easily achieve much better.

The opening quarter will have a high rating but, as the show goes on, I think the rating will keep dropping.

• Advertisement

The opening quarter will have a high rating but, as the show goes on, I think the rating will keep dropping.

The closing quarter with Hogan and Flair will draw aswell.

Well they got a 1.5 for the first 2 hours when they debuted Hogan, Flair and Hardy unopposed. I think to expect them to do better than that would be unrealistic.

Their rating tonight will be v. interesting to see. 1.6, me thinks

You are an optimist. But I could be eating humble pie on Wednesday. I don't think so though!

Well they got a 1.5 for the first 2 hours when they debuted Hogan, Flair and Hardy unopposed. I think to expect them to do better than that would be unrealistic.

Yeah, splitting the rating with Raw the entire time gives them little chance of breaking their record.

Lockdown_(2010).jpg

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, AJ Styles, D'Angelo Dinero, Ken Anderson and Kurt Angle are featured on the poster for the 4/18 Lockdown PPV. TNA are bringing in some legends to play off the history of the St. Louis market for that show,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

My gut says 1.4, which is still a fantastic head-to-head number. I hope they do better

Lockdown_(2010).jpg

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, AJ Styles, D'Angelo Dinero, Ken Anderson and Kurt Angle are featured on the poster for the 4/18 Lockdown PPV. TNA are bringing in some legends to play off the history of the St. Louis market for that show,

Dory Funk Jr.'s been booked apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Does anyone know if TNA have been given an overrun? That will help the ratings, since the TNA audience wont all turn straight over to Raw for their final 15 minutes..

Also from a ratings standpoint that promotion for the "first 5 minutes" is an excellent one imo..

I'm fairly certain Spike have granted TNA an over-run; i'm certain it was the LAW i heard it on

I think iMPACT! has an eight minute over-run.

• Advertisement

Smart move by TNA and Spike, they'll most likely leave Hogan/Flair till the very last moment so..

Im actually very excited for tonights show, hopefully they deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭MuscleShark

Hopes this move will be permanent

It is, TNA are on monday nights in the States/Canada now. Every other week will be live. They'll have a live show on Monday, then tape next week's show on Tuesday.

I imagine if things go well they'll get every show live; i'm sure Dixie and Hogan will be pushing for live every week.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain Spike have granted TNA an over-run; i'm certain it was the LAW i heard it on

Cheap plug if I ever saw one. Mate, Raw hit 600 over the weekend!!!

Doesn't Raw finish over here at 4.15am?? If TNA has their over-run, that means Impact! will finish at 4.10am

It is. From now on, Impact will be on Monday nights. They go live 1 week, taped the next

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It is, TNA are on monday nights in the States/Canada now. Every other week will be live. They'll have a live show on Monday, then tape next week's show on Tuesday.

I imagine if things go well they'll get every show live; i'm sure Dixie and Hogan will be pushing for live every week.

I'd imagine not being live every week was their own choice to save money.

Al Snow is backstage at the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida working as an agent for the company. I haven't heard if he's getting a tryout or is with the company full-time. He's made cameo appearances for the company before and worked for WWE developmental as a trainer in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭MuscleShark

You can ask Desmond Wolf question in this website http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/03/05/chat-live-with-tna-star-desmond-wolfe-on-monday-4pm-et/ get in there quick!

I wonder who's he replacing. Was Dave Taylor a temporary fix? Or did they just hire another agent, I suppose with Vega, Cornette, BG and D'Amore gone in recent months they could do with another agent or two, if not Simon may have a problem.

Al Snow is backstage at the Impact taping in Orlando, Florida working as an agent for the company. I haven't heard if he's getting a tryout or is with the company full-time. He's made cameo appearances for the company before and worked for WWE developmental as a trainer in the past.

He'd make a great agent, solid hand in the ring and extremely underrated wrestler, and id get a kick out seeing Head again:pac:

• Advertisement

How do you feel about match lengths on impact? everyone seems to pulling for longer matches and we all hope that it will happen

Desmond Wolfe:

It's tough to have long matches when you can beat someone in three minutes.

Now that's a good response to the short matches on iMPACT!.:)

Advertisement