Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I can imagine a darrent bent like situation happening with Twitter in the future i.e someone tweeting something which will either cause them to be future endevoured (like when bent ran down Daniel Levey, although that worked out alright for him and was atransfer not a sacking) or burning their bridges with a potential future employer which they will live to regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Mickie James won't be easy to replace in the short term IMO! A surefire guaranteed performer in the ring. Can never understand why she wasn't more of a mainstream name like Chyna or even Lita. Perhaps that was offered to her though!

Is it just me, or I have lost count of amount of times a WWE firing/demotion is accompanied by an article detailing other wrestlers thinking he/she had an arrogant attitude?

The clique mentality is still alive and well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The release of Thickie James makes me sad.

At least Beth is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Mickie James won't be easy to replace in the short term IMO! A surefire guaranteed performer in the ring. Can never understand why she wasn't more of a mainstream name like Chyna or even Lita. Perhaps that was offered to her though!

Is it just me, or I have lost count of amount of times a WWE firing/demotion is accompanied by an article detailing other wrestlers thinking he/she had an arrogant attitude?

The clique mentality is still alive and well!

It's awfully convenient that her "diva attitude" was leaked just a few days before she was fired. Pathetic excuse IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

damm it i really liked mike knox i may have been the only one but i did

am i the only one who thinks shannon moore is an idiot hes only got a job because hes jeffs friend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

sky88 wrote: »

am i the only one who thinks shannon moore is an idiot hes only got a job because hes jeffs friend

I think your right about Moore. Its not that long since he returned to wwe from TNA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Ah give the guy credit - he's also very good at sucking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

geeky wrote: »
    +1.

Does anyone else wish that, just once, one single time, he'd won the bloody thing? I know he's not much on the mike, but it would have been a great moment.

+1 on Carlito too - he's seriously treading water. Evan Bourne might also be in trouble if they call up Justin Gabriel. There's also a (slim) possibility that Christian might be on the chopping block once NXT winds down too. He's a great Jobber To The Stars but, unless WWE are prepared to give the guy a real push, I'd say they can find someone from the roster to do a similar gig for less money. Generally, I'd say most mid-carders are in hiding atm.

Carlito is an odd one. He has a reputation for been lazy backstage and he once buried Hunter in an interview and he somehow still has a job. When he done the interview burying Hunter, initial reaction of everyone assumed that was him gone…But somehow he is still here. Vince apparently is a little worried that TNA may do something with him, which is why he isn’t that keen on getting rid of him.

Christian will be ok, he is very over and will be very good in making Vince’s pet projects look better then they are. I think the guys who will be worried will be Reks and Primo. J2G could be gone once he has finished jobbing to Shad. Ryder is in dodgy territory but luckily he is very young and has a decent gimmick. He needs to escape Raw though.

Regal should be fine as he is Hunter’s best mate, Masters should be safe as he is Orton’s boy and I can see Orton pulling strings to keep him on the payroll. Bourne should be ok, I reckon he is over and like Christian he is awesome at making Vince’s pet projects look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

- Shannon Moore tweeted the following after hearing about the WWE releases. "It sucks to hear that people lost jobs today. From what I hear that place is a black hole anyway. Alot of peeps are miserable going to work. They dont understand what talent is. They would rather hire a jackass that don't know nothing about the biz rather than someone that loves it and pay pennies on the dollar to get someone to sign their life away. I think that the talent should think about making the jump. I thank god everyday for my chance to be family with TNA. From the office to talent in TNA it's nothing but fun. All I can say is @tnadixie thank you for bringing me into the family. I love going to work. Hogan F'N rocks. I wear TNA colors with pride and will bust my ass to better the company.TNA TNA TNA TNA.

And I bet he'd go back to the 'E in a second if it were offered.

Wrestlers need to be banned from Twitter and other social networking sites. Things like the above and Eric Bischoff's recent fued with Honky Tonk Man were cringeworthy to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

I knew I wasn't the only one! My friends have been on my case about Shelton because I think he could've been a main eventer and as someone said earlier "WWE gave up on Shelton before Shelton gave up on WWE". VALI-DAY-SHEE-OWN!

Rosa Mendes

The Bella Twins

Tyler Reks

Curt Hawkins

These people still have jobs and Shelton Benjamin doesn't, does anyone else think that's wrong?

There are others too, Tony Atlas is doing nothing, Khali is finished, Kozlov will never get over, Yoshi Tatsu will never get pushed so why are they keeping them over a talent like Benjamin??

• Advertisement

You're not the only one. Mike Knox is Awesome. Sadly he just couldn't make the fans care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Shelton had several chances but never really got himself over tbh. He's a decent spot wrestler or tag wrestler, but a black hole of charisma. He'll do fine in TNA reunited with Haas or in X Division multi man spot matches , but he's your quintessential mid-carder, always has been always will be. No great loss at all. The most he ever entertained me was when they hired his Momma to make him more interesting to watch. She was awesome.:pac:

PRICELESS wrote: »
    I knew I wasn't the only one! My friends have been on my case about Shelton because I think he could've been a main eventer and as someone said earlier "WWE gave up on Shelton before Shelton gave up on WWE". VALI-DAY-SHEE-OWN!

Rosa Mendes

The Bella Twins

Tyler Reks

Curt Hawkins

These people still have jobs and Shelton Benjamin doesn't, does anyone else think that's wrong?

There are others too, Tony Atlas is doing nothing, Khali is finished, Kozlov will never get over, Yoshi Tatsu will never get pushed so why are they keeping them over a talent like Benjamin??

Harsh on Tatsu.

I think Sheltons case more to do with him not re-signing than wwe not wanting to keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Harsh on Tatsu.

I think Sheltons case more to do with him not re-signing than wwe not wanting to keep him.

If that's the case, then I can't say I blame him. They've stopped and started with him so many times that it must be hella frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE have sucked the enthusiasm and passion for wrestling right out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

what article?? when i met james she was really nice in person, certainly no mark henry :p she does like her booze though, when they sack dolph ziggler and regal they will claim they have an arrogant attitude too i bet :(

on the khali point, i would be a little worried if i was him, wwe have a legit 7 footer working down in fcw, ex nba star kipp christianson, he is more mobile than khali too

Harsh on Tatsu.

When I said Tatsu would never get pushed, I meant WWE will never push him, not that he doesn't deserve it.

If it really was Shelton's decision then fair play, I hope TNA is good to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE Universe has several threads up on fans upset over the firing of many stars that were reported to be released, there have been some threads on Shelton etc, but Mickie James Fans are going to RIOT Sunday night at Extreme Rules and at The WWE Draft on Monday Night Raw in Mickie's hometown. Many seem really upset over the fact their hometown girl wont be there. There are many threads up on this topic in several of the sections in WWE's forum on the WWE Universe website and some people are even planning on ordering Extreme Rules because of this. The following are some URLs to threads on the subject:

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...E_RULES!!!!!!!

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...N_3_HR_RAW_MON.!

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6..._Extreme_Rules.

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...ke_this_happen)

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...ckies_released.

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...re_going_reply

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/6...RIOT!!!!!?pg=1

There's even a thread comparing Mickie James' release to Candice that looks pretty interesting. There are many more threads popping up on there as well as a twitition up and there's been talks of spreading this through facebook, myspace etc. As some fans want Mickie and Katie on TNA and other stars. http://twitition.com/m4fh8
    (From D2D)

Wasnt James leaving soon to release a country music album :confused:

She is a big loss to the WWE, she was their most popular diva.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wasnt James leaving soon to release a country music album :confused:

She is a big loss to the WWE, she was their most popular diva.

She has 1 recorded already. Personally, I think Mickie was released for the same reason Maria was. Both of them had major interest's outside the wrestling business (signing) and WWE wanted them to only focus on it which was something they couldn't do.

BTW, that quote look's very, very similar to the 1 I just posted in the draft thread;)

She has 1 recorded already. Personally, I think Mickie was released for the same reason Maria was. Both of them had major interest's outside the wrestling business (signing) and WWE wanted them to only focus on it which was something they couldn't do.

BTW, that quote look's very, very similar to the 1 I just posted in the draft thread;)

Why did you post that in the draft thread.........

oh my oh my busted :o

Maria was no loss but Mickie is imo

• Advertisement

Why did you post that in the draft thread.........

I got mixed up between the 2 threads :o:o but Mickie is from Richmond, Virginia and that's where the draft is taking place

oh my oh my busted :o

Maria was no loss but Mickie is imo

Nah, your grand:):)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

"Mickie James fans are going to riot"? Are the WWE Universe going to throw their pokemon and Myley Cyrus t-shirts into the ring? :D I hate when WWE fans pretend they're going to riot. Only crowd in WWE-era that might've actually rioted were the ECW crowd at ONS 2006.

It's funny (in a sad way) that WWE have to lie/exaggerate/qualify firing wrestlers. Always with the mud-slinging. They don't have to justify any release...It just makes WWE out to look like con-men. Oh of course, it's the Multi-million dollar company that is the victim here, not the mid-card/opening card performers...

Yoshi Tatsu blogged regarding the departure of Funkai, saying Funaki opted to leave WWE due to a neck issue

Yoshi Tatsu blogged regarding the departure of Funkai, saying Funaki opted to leave WWE due to a neck issue

Danm it Man! I thought another wrestler was released after no activity for two days.

Danm it Man! I thought another wrestler was released after no activity for two days.

That'll be next week

That'll be next week

I don't want to speculate but there are several people we haven't seen in some time so you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Same as. When I saw Yoshi mentioned I died a little inside before I read the rest.

Word after last week's round of WWE releases was that at least one of the releases came from a Wellness failure. No name was given on the failure and WWE hasn't made anything official, which is unusual.

The feeling is that there will be a few more WWE releases to come in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Word after last week's round of WWE releases was that at least one of the releases came from a Wellness failure. No name was given on the failure and WWE hasn't made anything official, which is unusual.

The feeling is that there will be a few more WWE releases to come in the next few weeks.

I think it's Jimmy Wang Yang judging by a comment he made on twitter
    "3 strike and your out i hear florida is a nice place to visit."

- An Update on Shelton Benjamin. Those close to him say he saved his money and has made some smart investments over the years. The chances of him going to TNA are 50/50. He's been talking for years about wanting to work for Disney, specifically doing voice over work on animated films.

(credit: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement