Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Didn't Angle want Haas in TNA a few months ago but WWE offered him more money to stay? Another guy I could see landing in TNA as a handy mid-card guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Did he not get a new contract and a raise not long ago when he asked for a release or am I imagining things?

Edit: What Machismo said haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Absolutely Angle really wanted him not so long ago, could be very cool to have him in TNA as Angle's protege..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

He and his wife just had another kid last week.. so fair play WWE:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Now that's a shame. Think Haas is a seriously underrated wrestler. The perfect example of a talented wreslter wasted due to creative uninterest.

Also destroys any hope of a World's Greatest Tag Team reunion. Only hope now is that Shelton is fired too and they both get hired by TNA. A great tag team that could have been legendary.

• Advertisement

Also destroys any hope of a World's Greatest Tag Team reunion. Only hope now is that Shelton is fired too and they both get hired by TNA. A great tag team that could have been legendary.

Yeah he's sort of being used as a talisman in WWE by being in MITB every year while never having a chance of winning it. Team Angle reunion in TNA would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Now that's a shame. Think Haas is a seriously underrated wrestler. The perfect example of a talented wreslter wasted due to creative uninterest.

I can't say I agree. I was never sold on Haas personally. Always regarded Shelton as the better worker of the two and Haas had even less charisma than Shelton which was always the main criticism labelled at the latter's single run. Haas is a better wrestler than most on WWE's books but I could never envisage him getting even remotely over.

I also felt those tag team reunions were terrible for Shelton. They were a great tag team in their day but I reckon it should have been left in the past. Shelton for me is the one that they ought to have got behind in a bigger way, though I acknowledge he has to take responsibility too for never fulfilling his potential.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I can't say I agree. I was never sold on Haas personally. .

Me neither. He's a guy that people say was great in the ring but I genuinely can't remember 1 singles match that he had that stood out for me.

A solid hand, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

I can't say I agree. I was never sold on Haas personally.
    Me neither.

Well ... if everyone agreed he wouldn't be under-rated!

He's been hobbled with bad gimmicks (it's hard for anyone to look good when tagging with a charisma black hole like Hardcore Holly), but I think heshowed that he does have a good bit of charisma as Rico's straight man, and during the impersonator gimmick he was doing last year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Charlie Haas: Send him to TNA as Angles protege/enforcer, change his name from Charlie to something more hard-sounding, and make him a submission expert ala Benoit. No talking just making people tap out. I always liked his submission finisher in WWE when he used it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many times has WWE released Haas now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

As dojojoe posted in the news thread, Consequences Creed was released from TNA today.

Creed's twitter:
    Thanks for the support! Yea it's true no more TNA for me. So now it's time to do work son! The only thing that can beat a Creed is a Drago!

WWE released Lance Cade on Friday, reports PWInsider.com.

He was brought back to the company this past October, but was never called up to the main roster. He worked a Florida Championship Wrestling event late last year and was never used again.

The former World Tag Team Champion was previously released from WWE on October 14, 2008. Jim Ross later stated that "he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment" and that it was instrumental to his departure. J.R. also made reference to Cade having a seizure on a plane and needing emergency medical care.

His representatives said he can be reached for independent bookings via lancecade@gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

WWE released Lance Cade on Friday, reports PWInsider.com.

He was brought back to the company this past October, but was never called up to the main roster. He worked a Florida Championship Wrestling event late last year and was never used again.

The former World Tag Team Champion was previously released from WWE on October 14, 2008. Jim Ross later stated that "he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment" and that it was instrumental to his departure. J.R. also made reference to Cade having a seizure on a plane and needing emergency medical care.

His representatives said he can be reached for independent bookings via [EMAIL="lancecade@gmail.com."]lancecade@gmail.com.[/EMAIL]

Not a very "good friday" for Cade so???

/lame jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors

http://us.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

• Registered Users Posts: 53,858 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Benjamin is gone ?

that's very surprising to me anyway

Shelton?

Cue debut of WGTT in TNA in 90 days.

EdK wrote: »
    WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors

http://us.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow, getting rid of Shelton is just stupid. I know that Mickie was planning on becoming a country and western singer so that doesn't really surprise me. The others were on the chopping board for a while so it's no real surprise seeing them gone.

Volt will be distraught with the news of Jimmy Wang Yang

Shelton?

Cue debut of WGTT in TNA in 90 days.

Haas pushed the idea of re-forming the WGTT in TNA recently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow, getting rid of Shelton is just stupid. I know that Mickie was planning on becoming a country and western singer so that doesn't really surprise me. The others were on the chopping board for a while so it's no real surprise seeing them gone.

Volt will be distraught with the news of Jimmy Wang Yang

I will miss Shelton, I was always a fan of him in the ring, I reckon he is defo on the way to TNA.

It is an interesting release. He was going nowhere in WWE lately. Ever since they failed to follow up on his matches against taker he was going to be wasted. Also heard lots of Haas talking about how Shelton should not sign a new deal with WWE.

But at the same time I can't help but feel Shelton let himself down more than once during his time in WWE.

est of Luck to him though, he might just make me watch TNA again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE let Shelton down before he let WWE down. There's only so many times a guy can up his game and go unrewarded before they begin to give up. I'm shocked Funaki managed to last this long. TNA will be jumping up and down at the chance to get Shelton.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I will miss Shelton, I was always a fan of him in the ring, I reckon he is defo on the way to TNA.

It is an interesting release. He was going nowhere in WWE lately. Ever since they failed to follow up on his matches against taker he was going to be wasted. Also heard lots of Haas talking about how Shelton should not sign a new deal with WWE.

But at the same time I can't help but feel Shelton let himself down more than once during his time in WWE.

est of Luck to him though, he might just make me watch TNA again!

That's such a surprise to release a talent like Benjamin for no reason. He's the man (along with Taker) guaranteed at Mania just for his MitB moment.

He'll defo go to TNA now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WWE let Shelton down before he let WWE down. There's only so many times a guy can up his game and go unrewarded before they begin to give up. I'm shocked Funaki managed to last this long. TNA will be jumping up and down at the chance to get Shelton.

I think that a very fair comment on Shelton. I would love him to do well in TNA (assuming thats the plan!!)

If it wasn't for BWE I wouldn't have known Funaki was still with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

That's shocking!! Benjamin is one of the best performers in the WWE. He may not be good on the mic but there are ways around that. WWE's loss is TNA's gain.

Sad to see Mickie go as she's one of the better female performers on the roster. Plus she's the best looking bird in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

none of them really surprise me too much ive been waiting for shelton to be released for years to be honest.

im quite devastated by jimmy wang yang and fu naki release indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Regarding Mickie James' shocking release today from WWE, she was fired because she more than once on the European tour arrived late for the bus, holding up travel.

That was considered the straw that broke the camel's back dating back to her being disciplined by being sent to SmackDown due to substandard performances and issues with her weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ah not Katie Burchill,most under-rated diva ever,the rest I could care less about tbh!

Lost interest in Benjo waay back when WWE never followed up on his awesome matches with HHH and HBK.

World Wrestling Entertainment has released the following, PWInsider.com has confirmed:

*Shelton Benjamin had been with WWE his entire professional wrestling career, an amateur standout who was signed by Jim Ross in 2000. Benjamin had been considered a future star with some excellent flashes of greatness at times, but always seemed hampered by how he was handled creatively as WWE seemed to try different comedic gimmicks that went against his natural talents. He had worked for all three WWE brands and was considered to be the type of talent who would have a great showing at times but didn't maintain it consistently. Of late, his former Team Angle partner Charlie Haas had noted in interviews, including one with this website, that Benjamin's deal was coming to an end. Haas had been imploring Benjamin publicly not to sign, hopeful they could reunite elsewhere. In one of Benjamin's last TV appearances, new World champion Jack Swagger scoffed at him, "You still have a job?" The vignette ended up edited off Smackdown. It may be a case that his deal has or will expire and they aren't coming to terms.

*Kung Fu Naki, long considered one of the most universally well liked performers by management and someone who was very good at promoting WWE's brand in Japan, had been with WWE since coming in as part of Kaienti in 1998. The Japanese group quickly became a comedy bit before slimming down to a tag team with Funaki and TAKA Michinoku. Of late, he had been used as a comedy figure, revealing his real name as "Kung Fu Naki" and having a short winning streak. He hadn't been used in many, many months, although he worked the Wrestlemania 26 Battle Royal. Funaki, who is fluent in several languages, also did some announcing work for the company in different areas. In many ways, his departure is the most surprising.

*Jimmy Wang Yang's second run with WWE began in 2006 following a run where he, as Akio, had some great matches on Velocity but was never pushed. A native Georgian, he returned in 2008 as Jimmy Wang Yang, playing a redneck Asian-American character which got over on the undercard, particularly during a tag team with Shannon Moore. He had mostly appeared in enhancement roles on WWE Superstars in recent months.

Slam Master J aka Ray Gordy, the son of Terry Gordy. He had been with the company a number of years, initially as one half of the Jesse and Festus tag team. The J gimmick came about as part of a comedy bit with Cryme Time but soon cooled off. He hadn't been used in a major role in some time.

*Mickie James was signed to WWE developmental in 2005 after a run in Ring of Honor. She was brought to the main roster as a Trish Stratus stalker and eventually became one of the company's top babyface females, holding the Women's championship five times and the Divas championship once. As we reported earlier this week in the PWInsider.com Elite section, there was some heat on James for conduct on the European tour as she caused several of the tour buses to be late. There was a feeling among some that given that she had just beaten a bad staph infection and was lucky to return in time for Wrestlemania, she should have been conducting herself a little more professional. Among some of the wrestlers, she was on their "most endangered" list after the tour. There had been heat on and off on her at different times for attitude, which some dismissed to me as jealousy over James' intentions to branch out outside the wrestling world with her education and musical aspirations. There was some unhappiness from the veterans' over her reaction to being moved to Smackdown last year as well. No one could deny her work in the ring and in a lot of ways, her departure is surprising as she had a strong connection with fans. She'll have an advantage over many released talents in that she has been using her real name the entire run.

*Katie Lea Burchill, who had been with the company since 2006 when she was signed to an OVW developmental deal. Although she stood out in OVW, particularly a feud with Beth Phoenix, she was never really used strongly on the main roster. Some of that was blamed on heat she received during her run for conduct on the road. She was brought up to the ECW brand as one half of a brother-sister duo with Paul Burchill. After a feud with Hurricane, the plan was to turn Paul babyface for Raw but instead he was released from the company. Katie made several appearances as a heel for the Raw brand but was never inserted into any storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Sweet Jaysus. Amazed most of the releases lasted as long as they did, but Shelton and James are interesting.

I think, though, this could spark an Indian summer for SB - creative didn't have a notion what to do with him aside from sticking him in MITB every year, and TNA have proved capable of building up WWE cast-offs successfuly. Return of team Angle anyone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

http://ow.ly/1BWTp

some surprises some not! shelton!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement