Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Firstly, I would like to say that Carlito only has himself to blame since he violated the wellness policy and refused rehab.

Now, I never understood how people have called him unmotivated and lazy. Tell me, what's the difference between Carlito, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre? Wait, don't answer that, I think I know the answer. He didn't carry a certain someone's bags.

Sure he was prone to fluffing a few spots but I think that comes with the territory of being able to pull off such moves, you're bound to mess up at times. Is he slow in the ring? No slower than Christian is, which isn't a problem. I don't have a problem with wrestlers taking their time in order to ensure they don't mess up spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Predictable and useless "maybe he will do well in TNA" line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Firstly, I would like to say that Carlito only has himself to blame since he violated the wellness policy and refused rehab.

Now, I never understood how people have called him unmotivated and lazy. Tell me, what's the difference between Carlito, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre? Wait, don't answer that, I think I know the answer. He didn't carry a certain someone's bags.

Sure he was prone to fluffing a few spots but I think that comes with the territory of being able to pull off such moves, you're bound to mess up at times. Is he slow in the ring? No slower than Christian is, which isn't a problem. I don't have a problem with wrestlers taking their time in order to ensure they don't mess up spots.

Or maybe the likes of Sheamus have shown more fire and motivation than the likes of Carlito and thats why they are in the position they are in. It has always been noted that Carlito didn't care much for being a main eventer because of his lack of motivation and thats what held him back in the WWE. Now I don't know how true this is but it seems to be the general consensus. I'm afraid Triple H can't be blamed for everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Or maybe the likes of Sheamus have shown more fire and motivation than the likes of Carlito and thats why they are in the position they are in. It has always been noted that Carlito didn't care much for being a main eventer because of his lack of motivation and thats what held him back in the WWE. Now I don't know how true this is but it seems to be the general consensus. I'm afraid Triple H can't be blamed for everything

The truth is that we don't know how much fire and motivation Sheamus has because of the handy number he landed. Sheamus didn't have to really work for his spot, compare him to the likes of CM Punk who had to, what, a good two years under his belt before he landed a major title.

In reality Carlito probably lost motivation because he felt the pushes he got were botched by creative. Carlito, in my humble opinion, never got the opportunity that Sheamus got. There's way too much emphasis put on the superstar when it comes to who is successful and who is a failure. Creative can make you a main eventer if they want, just look at how Swagger was randomly planted into the main event scene after becoming nothing more than a jobber on Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Sheamus has the one thing though that CM Punk or Carlito does not have. Size. And the WWE love that. A big man even if not a talented wrestler can be pushed to the moon and the fans will normally buy it because of his size. CM Punk had to get a slow push though because no one other than his fanboys would buy it if he got the same push as Sheamus. They have done a brilliant job with Punk, he became a World Champion and when he started to go stale as a babyface they turned him heel and that has worked brilliantly.

I suppose I would agree Swagger got pushed to quickly, especially when he had done nothing only lose matches before the push came along but I think the WWE had a reason for that, they were trying to show that no matter how bad things were going for a wrestler that if he could pull off and Win the Money in the Bank Ladder match that it would change the fortunes of that wrestler completely around. It would make you a main eventer over night. Maybe I'm giving the WWE too much credit there.

Anyway I'm getting off topic here, I was just trying to point out that Triple H can't always be blamed for who and who does not get pushed. None of us know what was the real story with Carlito, tbh I was a fan of his, I liked to watch him wrestle and he entertained me on the mic. But if all the reports over the last few years were true, that and the fact he failed the Wellness, well then he has no one to blame but himself. I feel sorry for Primo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The truth is that we don't know how much fire and motivation Sheamus has because of the handy number he landed. Sheamus didn't have to really work for his spot, compare him to the likes of CM Punk who had to, what, a good two years under his belt before he landed a major title.

In reality Carlito probably lost motivation because he felt the pushes he got were botched by creative. Carlito, in my humble opinion, never got the opportunity that Sheamus got. There's way too much emphasis put on the superstar when it comes to who is successful and who is a failure. Creative can make you a main eventer if they want, just look at how Swagger was randomly planted into the main event scene after becoming nothing more than a jobber on Raw.

Can't agree with this. Reports about Carlito's laziness have been around for years, and the guy has remained the definition of 'meh' for years. Sheamus meanwhile has been given plenty of credit for his commitment.

For example, a recent blog from J.R. on him:
    Sheamus has a viably solid skill set but he also has the confidence of the decision makers which is a credit to Sheamus' work ethic and reliability.

You wouldn't hear something like that said about Carlito.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He was 5+ years in WWE and he never learned how to run the ropes properly. Only for the fact that he was a draw for teh Puerto Rican market he'd have been ditched years ago. His laziness and poor attitude are almopst legendary at this stage.

As for people being "handed opportunities" as you claim Sheamus and Drew were, remind me who beat John Cena and was given the US title on his very first night in WWE? Carlito. He was given every opportunity to grasp the ball and had as strong a debut as I've ever seen anyone get. He was eventually depushed because of his poor attitude and his lack of passion for the b usiness and rightly so. Its amiracle he lasted this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

From Lords of Pain site

The story that Carlito was released for refusing to enter a rehabilitation facility is reportedly true, although contrary to the public's assumption, it was not based on a Wellness Policy test failure.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Carlito reportedly showed up at this week's RAW in "no condition to perform." He was told he needed to go to rehab, "and he refused, so they fired him."

The story says that Carlito denied he had a problem, forcing WWE to pull the trigger on the release.

It should be noted that WWE's statement only said that "Carlito’s termination was due to his first violation of the WWE Wellness Program" and not that he specifically failed a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

welchy wrote: »
    From Lords of Pain site

That site has a history of twisting the words of the Observer, can any of the subscribers who post here confirm that story is in the Observer?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Carlito's departure reminded me of this promo:

When I watched this live I was buzzing.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Carlito's departure reminded me of this promo:

When I watched this live I was buzzing.

How awesome is Naitch. Too bad Carlito didn't take it to heart. He's no great loss. Everything Flair said above is true. Carlito is lazy and doesn't have the passion to get to the top. He's been irrelavant since 2006. Will prob end up in TNA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Rjd2 wrote: »
    That site has a history of twisting the words of the Observer, can any of the subscribers who post here confirm that story is in the Observer?

Credit: F4WOnline.com

WWE fired Carlito yesterday for an alleged Wellness Program violation and subsequent refusal to enter rehab. The report on WWE.com noted that his termination followed a first violation of the Program. However, WWE sources indicate that Carlito did not fail a drug test but instead was fired after he arrived at Monday’s RAW in Toronto and management felt that he was unfit to perform. According to Dave Meltzer, everything went down on Monday and drug test results wouldn't have been available at the time Carlito's release was announced

On the heels of the release of Carlito from WWE last week, his father, Carlos Colon, Sr., has broken his silence about the situation by revealing that Carlito had in fact been abusing painkillers. The pills were used at first to cure debilitating back pain that Carlito was suffering from, but his use then spiraled into abuse. Here is a bit of what Colon had to say:

"I want to clarify that Carly was not suspended for using cocaine, or heroin or marijuana, but for the abuse of painkillers, which is not unusual because they cause pain falls and blows, combined with the constant traveling. Carly started using one or two for his back pain, but it seems that the situation has become much more serious and needs help."

Colon then went on to state that the majority of Carlito's back pain came from his execution of his patented Backstabber finishing maneuver, which required him to always endure the brunt of the weight of wrestlers weighing anywhere between 200-300 pounds. Carlito never sought medical attention for his back pains, which caused him to inevitably rely on painkillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

On the heels of the release of Carlito from WWE last week, his father, Carlos Colon, Sr., has broken his silence about the situation by revealing that Carlito had in fact been abusing painkillers. The pills were used at first to cure debilitating back pain that Carlito was suffering from, but his use then spiraled into abuse. Here is a bit of what Colon had to say:

"I want to clarify that Carly was not suspended for using cocaine, or heroin or marijuana, but for the abuse of painkillers, which is not unusual because they cause pain falls and blows, combined with the constant traveling. Carly started using one or two for his back pain, but it seems that the situation has become much more serious and needs help."

Colon then went on to state that the majority of Carlito's back pain came from his execution of his patented Backstabber finishing maneuver, which required him to always endure the brunt of the weight of wrestlers weighing anywhere between 200-300 pounds. Carlito never sought medical attention for his back pains, which caused him to inevitably rely on painkillers.

That does put quite a different spin on things, to put it mildly. If this is an accurate description of what happened, and it was going on for some time, then I fancy we may have an explanation for Carlito's loss of focus.

In what can only be described as an interesting turn of events, Carlito (real name Carlos Colon Jr.) was released from WWE not for failing a drug test but rather for showing up to the TV tapings on May 17 in Toronto in no condition to perform.

He was described as being in denial that there was any kind of an issue and was ordered by the company to attend rehab. He refused initially, was given by the end of the week to change his mind and was then fired when he still had no interest in attending.

Carlito's father Carlos Colon was doing damage control on behalf of his family and son this week for a newspaper in Puerto Rico stating that Carlito was addicted to painkillers and not recreational or performance enhancing drugs.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

It's short sighted to say that Sheamus is where he is because HHH took him under his wing. He is, but he had to put in alot of work and dedication to get there. From what i've read Hunter became very impressed with Sheamus due to the ammount of hours he did in the gym, not by him licking his arse! He worked at it, Carlito did not!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNAWrestlingNews.com can exclusively report that TNA has cut ties with Ross Forman, who worked in the public relations department.

Forman had previously worked for WCW

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Guess Carlito should have accepted Straight Edge into his life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

To follow up on a previous report, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm that TNA Knockout Roxxi is indeed done with the company following tonight's Slammiversary PPV.
    According to what I was told, Roxxi was informed of her release from the company in Orlando today, which is why she was upset prior to and after her bout against Madison Rayne.
    Additionally, I was told that the feeling backstage is that TNA handled the situation awfully, and most objected to the way the company handed Roxxi her release on the day of a PPV event.

Another knockout who could wrestle gone :rolleyes:

^

Wow, that's some pretty sh1tty carry-on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

geeky wrote: »
    Wow, that's some pretty sh1tty carry-on.
    TNA has to cut costs you know...

Nody wrote: »
    TNA has to cut costs you know...

I know, but telling someone the day of a PPV ain't cool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ODB posted the following on her Twitter today�

thanks tna fans for all the support but tna and odb have parted ways.it was a decision I made.bamm bitches

wwe-ecw-diva-savannah.jpg

Bye bye
    World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of NXT season one announcer and WWE Diva Savannah as of today, June 23, 2010. WWE wishes Savannah the best in all future endeavors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

wwe-ecw-diva-savannah.jpg

Bye bye

Who?:pac:

Team Bounty Hunter
    abDKSVWan6.jpg

Player by Player

Dzeko > Adebayor - Struggling for game time thus far at Spurs but I would admit he's still a quality player and was great value when picked but I'd give Dzeko the nod here and would think most would prefer have him in their side than Blatter's man.

Suarez > Oscar - Suarez is one of the best and most on form players in the premiership , Oscar is good but still developing into his potential and would be far more suited to an AMC position.

Ruiz > Nasri- Fully settled in the Prem Ruiz has hit form at Fulham and imo would be far more suited to playing in a front 3 than Nasri especially in one of the WF positions He would also bring more of a goal threat.

Scholes < Cazorla - Scholes is a genius but given his advanced years the nod would go to Cazorla here unfortunately, a great player but hopefully one who might struggle against my defensive minded CMs

Tiote < Makelele - Tiote is great, a real ball winner in CM but tbh few can compare with Makelele who essentially recreated the DM role in modern english football so although Tiote will do a great job in my side I again have to aknowledge the quality in Blatter's pick.

Rodwell > Rosicky - This one could be argued but given Rosicky's fitness or lack there of for a number of seasons now his current ability is very questionable while Rodwell is A quality young player who will alongside Tiote give my midfield a great defensive base to start attacks from.

Azilicueta > Richards - According to his teammate and countryman Juan Mata, "He is a strong running right-back who has pace as well, so I think he is already a complete player".He has worked his way into the Chelsea side now following his 7 or 8mil move from Marseille and although I rate Micah Richards highly (not quite equally if im fully honest) him being out injured for the next 4 months def gives my boy the edge in a tight RB contest

Luiz = Hangeland - Some people have issues with Luiz but when he is good he is very good and imo far superior to Hangeland whom I do rate. However he has been prone to the odd error in his career and errors can be costly so the more reliable Hangaland would do enough for many to be atleast considerd an equally good player. If the CBs were compared to the other CBs on the teamsheets it could be argued it would be two wins for team BH

McGrath > Distin - No arguement here I hope, Distin is still good even in his advancing years but McGrath was Godlike at times and the Prems former PFA player of the year will be my leader in defense while Distin may struggle with players like Dzeko & Suarez

R.Taylor < A.Ekotto - Both good attacking fullbacks which Taylor showed as he kept Santon out of the side after converting to left back last season but if im honest I would have picked Ekotto if he was still available so he gets the win.

Al Habsi < Vorm - I rate Al Habsi highly but think most would give Vorm the edge here even though most perhaps would also think there isnt a big gap in ability.

BH > Blatter 6/4 with 1 = (though I am biased of course)

Attack vs Defense:

Me in attack: Assou Ekotto & Richards are good full backs but with blatter having a fairly narrow side they will be expected to get forward a lot and could be left exposed to attacks from Suarez & Ruiz. Those being given space will make things more difficult for Hangeland & Distin and with a real Goalscorer like Dzeko they could struggle to keep them out and I would expect goals. Makelele could drop deeper to help out but the more he does the more space Paul Scholes would be afforded to pull the strings centrally.

Blatter in attack: Nasri & Oscar are quality attacking players but are more suited to an AMC birth and if they drift centrally they would bring Tiote & Rodwell into play who along with my FBs would give them a very hard time. They could also congest the midfield and get in Cazorla's way which wouldnt help the little spaniard who would already have to deal with the Tiote/Rodwell combo. a lack of width could also allow my FBs more offense but in dealing with defense i'll move onto Blatters CF whom again later in the picks I thought was a good selection but he could struggle against McGrath especially when you then also throw Luiz into the mix.

Midfield: The mids are set out pretty similarily, both consisting of 3 men with one (Cazorla/Scholes) more responsible on the attacking side of the game. Blatter has however decided to go for a more traditional (not sure if thats the right term) CM in Rosicky partnering his DM. This makes a lot of sense but with the key to your team being your AM trio so does having a more defensive minded CM for me and honestly I think the selection of Rosicky who is never fit may prove costly because although I rate him I have no idea what his current ability is atm after so many injuries and absences from Prem football.

Overall: I think the loser of this match could have gotten a few matches under their belt with a different draw but im hoping ill progress because two similar teams will meet here but yours imo will be a bit narrower which will potentially a) allow Suarez & Ruiz space as your FB are forced forward to try and provide offensive width b) give my FBs more license to roam forward with your threat coming more through the centre than the wings, or c) Play into the setup of my midfield with the added defensive presence of Tiote/Rodwell helping against a congested AMC area. These factors will allow Paul McGrath & Luis Suarez to lead my boys to victory.
    abDKSVWan6.jpg.....................Vs.....................Myteam.png

Mike Johnson. PWInsider.com
    WWE has released Smackdown Diva Serena, who just made her official in-ring debut last Friday. I haven't heard anything further as of this writing.

30bfe5e.jpg

The SES fans must be upset..:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope WWE had the foresight to film a backstage vignette where Punk finds her smoking and/or drinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Is the end of SES in sight?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ Is the end of SES in sight?

Hopefully not, maybe Punk shaves Tiffanys head, and shows her the way of Straight Edge as punishment for her recent behaviour:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement