Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

http://ow.ly/1BWTp

some surprises some not! shelton!

Three threads down is the Future Endeavoured Thread!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055799493&page=6

RE: Shelton Benjamin; although a really solid worker, he didn't have much charisma or mic skills (remember when he started singing?). That said, his in-ring work without trying is better than the vast majority of WWE wrestlers. But since he was with the company for 8 1/2 years, his pay must've been very high (i'd imagine between $5-800,000/year) for a guy who they have no intention of pushing, and is happy showing up and walking through his matches/segments. WWE have saved a lot of money. I'd say they've missed the boat on Shelton, but honestly he was never going to be higher than mid-card, with no gimmick or mic skills.

The rest kinda had one foot out the door already. If only TNA would cut 30% of their roster...

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

I reckon shelton will be back in wwe in a couple of years or so. He'll blaze a trail in the independents, japan and probably TNA, styles v shelton would be a good match up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

cizolin wrote: »
    I reckon shelton will be back in wwe in a couple of years or so. He'll blaze a trail in the independents, japan and probably TNA, styles v shelton would be a good match up

Japan is one way of hiding Sheltons Mic skills. Good thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'm quite annoyed...

Especially if I have to watch TNA to see Benjamin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shelton will go down as one they dropped the ball with imo. Gutted at the news but hopefully he'll pop up in TNA - without Haas as he's better without him. Problem is I don't trust TNA to know what to do with him either.

Shelton doesn't really have great mic skills but I didn't see why they couldn't just let his in-ring work do the talking. Similar to Benoit when he was starting off in WWE. I loved Benjamin's IC Title run when he had a situation like this but they just seemed to forget about him in late '05 as I recall and then he got saddled with crappy gimmicks.

Mickie James is a huge loss too I think. TNA would be very wise to snap her up and then they can argue quite justifiably that they have a far stronger women's division.

Katie Lea I thought they could have utilised better. She'd be good alongside Desmond Wolfe in TNA but they might pass on her.

Not sure the others are worth going for. Would love to see Angle vs Shelton though at this stage in their careers.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

glenjamin wrote: »
    Regarding Mickie James' shocking release today from WWE, she was fired because she more than once on the European tour arrived late for the bus, holding up travel.

That was considered the straw that broke the camel's back dating back to her being disciplined by being sent to SmackDown due to substandard performances and issues with her weight. .

Bull**** of the highest order. If they were disciplining Divas on substandard performances, we probably wouldn't have a Diva's Devision.

And, if there are issues with an athlete's weight, it should be dealt with in-house, not on tv. I happen to think Mickie is stunning looking.
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    But since he was with the company for 8 1/2 years, his pay must've been very high (i'd imagine between $5-800,000/year)

I would doubt very much that he was earning that much. I don't really have alot to base that on, it just seems alot.

Degag wrote: »
    I would doubt very much that he was earning that much. I don't really have alot to base that on, it just seems alot.

It's probably a bit too high of an estimate; although the only numbers we can go on is that in 2005, "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shelton Benjamin: $366,000" [/FONT]so 5 years down the line you'd think he's making around 500,000.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

WWE has come to terms on the release of Mike Knox as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish him the best in all future endeavors.

-WWE.com

The midcarders better all be in hiding. Seems there's a clearout going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus christ, the possibilities for Shelton in the indies and Japan are incredible.

I would love see him face these to start off with

Davey Richards
    KENTA
    Marufuji
    El Generico
    Kenny Omega
    Kota Ibushi
    Go Shiosaki

If he were to go to TNA, I would love to see a tag match with himself and Haas Vs The Young Bucks and MCMG. I also think he and AJ would have a ridiculously good match.

Endless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jimmy Wang Yang wrote on Twitter:

"3 strike and your out i hear florida is a nice place to visit."

According to F4WOnline.com, at least one of the releases from Thursday was related to a Wellness Policy violation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I can only agree with several others here; Benjamin may be technically brilliant but WWE is a show more then a wrestling competition for technical skill and with out a good persona to go with it he can never reach the top (only have to look at all the big stars that did reach the top while being meh such as Warrior etc.).

This is also why I think he'll do great outside of WWE but if he is to return he has to be able to cut a good promo and have a character that works with the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EdK wrote: »
    WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors

http://us.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

I am surprised with Shelton and Mickie's releases Mickie seems to be the most popular diva currently

Maybe Shelton and Haas will join Angle in TNA now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Funaki is the most shocking as he ALWAYS managed to avoid every clearout and SOMEHOW always kept his job. With the company around 12 years too.

Mickie James is a loss too. As for Shelton well he achieved all he could, I dont think he could ever have main evented so he is not a huge loss for WWE and a change of scenery might do him no harm either.

MITB wont be the same without Shelton :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He didn't get in his usual massive spot in the match this year, maybe that's why they let him go:pac:

The problem is TNA seem to only push and hire the old farts so maybe Haas and Shelton are too young just yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Headshot wrote: »
    Benjamin is gone ?

that's very surprising to me anyway

The dude has his chance but could never get over and was a lazy worker according to reports. he can fall off ladders in tna anyways so he will be fine. :pac:

Knox was an awesome big man though who was never given a chance, its a shame he was let go though.:(

Carlito is in trouble once NXT ends as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

+1.

Does anyone else wish that, just once, one single time, he'd won the bloody thing? I know he's not much on the mike, but it would have been a great moment.

+1 on Carlito too - he's seriously treading water. Evan Bourne might also be in trouble if they call up Justin Gabriel. There's also a (slim) possibility that Christian might be on the chopping block once NXT winds down too. He's a great Jobber To The Stars but, unless WWE are prepared to give the guy a real push, I'd say they can find someone from the roster to do a similar gig for less money. Generally, I'd say most mid-carders are in hiding atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Benjamin Knox and James would do well in TNA maybe even Jimmy in the X Division
    I hope they dont reform TWGTT as i think Benjamin could be a main eventor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

WWE arent always right when they release people they have released some great talent, The biggest mistake is recent times is Elijah Burke,Pope is pimpin'

Jimmy Wang Yang wrote on Twitter:

"3 strike and your out i hear florida is a nice place to visit."

According to F4WOnline.com, at least one of the releases from Thursday was related to a Wellness Policy violation.

He'll be at home amongst TNA's other high flyers. ;)

Ridley wrote: »
    He'll be at home amongst TNA's other high flyers. ;)

I wonder if he was celebrating 4:20 a little too heartily :D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I wonder if he was celebrating 4:20 a little too heartily :D

Knox got a Raw deal. I thought he had the potential if pushed properly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

EdK wrote: »
    WWE arent always right when they release people they have released some great talent, The biggest mistake is recent times is Elijah Burke,Pope is pimpin'

no-one off the top of my head released from wwe has gone to become huge elsewhere, pope got a nice push but nobody extra is watching tna for him and watch his push disappear now that rvd holds the strap

the guys that vince wants to hold onto but leave ie hogan, rock, lesnar go onto to be huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Knox got a Raw deal. I thought he had the potential if pushed properly. :(

+1
    i actually thought he had a really cool gimmick of giving really intelligent promo's and then being a monster in the ring, he was a decent wrestler in fairness but he never got a decent run on any brand as he was constantly moving between the 3..

geeky wrote: »
    +1.

Does anyone else wish that, just once, one single time, he'd won the bloody thing? I know he's not much on the mike, but it would have been a great moment.

+1 on Carlito too - he's seriously treading water. Evan Bourne might also be in trouble if they call up Justin Gabriel. There's also a (slim) possibility that Christian might be on the chopping block once NXT winds down too. He's a great Jobber To The Stars but, unless WWE are prepared to give the guy a real push, I'd say they can find someone from the roster to do a similar gig for less money. Generally, I'd say most mid-carders are in hiding atm.

Oh no not Christian I am holding hope he gets traded to SD and maybe a push for a world title this year :( He really should have won MITB this year

Yes once Nxt finishes it will be interesting to see who WWE will keep from the rookies and the pros

Oh no not Christian I am holding hope he gets traded to SD and maybe a push for a world title this year :( He really should have won MITB this year

Yes once Nxt finishes it will be interesting to see who WWE will keep from the rookies and the pros

Never going to happen. Its time we as fans accept he is just a journeyman. The closest he came to main eventing in WWE was right before he left for TNA when he was involved in a feud with Cena. He will never come that close again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- Shannon Moore tweeted the following after hearing about the WWE releases. "It sucks to hear that people lost jobs today. From what I hear that place is a black hole anyway. Alot of peeps are miserable going to work. They dont understand what talent is. They would rather hire a jackass that don't know nothing about the biz rather than someone that loves it and pay pennies on the dollar to get someone to sign their life away. I think that the talent should think about making the jump. I thank god everyday for my chance to be family with TNA. From the office to talent in TNA it's nothing but fun. All I can say is @tnadixie thank you for bringing me into the family. I love going to work. Hogan F'N rocks. I wear TNA colors with pride and will bust my ass to better the company.TNA TNA TNA TNA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement