Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's been talking for years about wanting to work for Disney, specifically doing voice over work on animated films.

Wha? Shelton?! :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wha? Shelton?! :pac:

Such an odd ambition to have.

And the last person I'd have thought would be any good at such a thing.

I could see The Rock or Regal or someone who's a good talker being good at it.

But Shelton?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

flahavaj wrote: »

But Shelton?

Shelton - the next Mel Blanc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Tara, formerly Victoria in WWE, has announced her impending departure from TNA here

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

flahavaj wrote: »

But Shelton?

Well, we've heard his amazing singing :pac:

Shocked that Tara is leaving so soon; but not shocked that it's over the friggin' pittance TNA pay their women. (Hence Kong leaving; Kim also left because TNA wouldn't offer her ~half of what WWE does) It's really shocking how little they get paid. I wonder how much it costs to get Velvet Sky... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Without Tara and Kong, and with Wilde, Sarita, Hamada and ODB sitting at home, and with Madison Rayne as champion, I've lost all interest in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tara, formerly Victoria in WWE, has announced her impending departure from TNA here

Thats a shame TNA had the best women's division. Is Hamada still with TNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thats a shame TNA had the best women's division. Is Hamada still with TNA?

Yep.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14322408
    WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Tony Atlas as of today April 30, 2010. We wish Tony the best in all future endeavors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Effective immediately, TNA Wrestling has elected to terminate the services of Todd Clem p/k/a Bubba the Love Sponge.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1928-info-regarding-bubba-the-love-sponge

http://www.facebook.com/tnawrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Effective immediately, TNA Wrestling has elected to terminate the services of Todd Clem p/k/a Bubba the Love Sponge

Well after the radio thing with Kong during the week they probably had no choice. Its about time though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bubba and his band showing what a nasty piece of work he/they are :mad:

Bubba The Love Sponge's staff member Brent Hatley posted some harsh comments on Twitter (BTLSRadio) in response to TNA fans that don't like Bubba:
    "Shut the f*** up, mark...Maybe you should get your GED and stop worrying about men in tights."

"You're entire life is pointless. Go back to screwing your sister and watching TNA you white trash simpleton."

"Bubba Army, you guys are simply the best. Nobody could ask for better fans. TNA fans are nothing but a bunch of little cowardly ****s."

"You love oiled up men in tights. You are a douche nozzle that thinks wrestling is real. Get a f***ing life. Go away."

He's such a sad individual. I can't wait to hear what Cornette has to say about this as he's been trashing Bubba for weeks on the podcast he does. It will be hilarious. :)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

"Shut the f*** up, mark...Maybe you should get your GED and stop worrying about men in tights."

Funny that he knows the term mark since I'm sure the majority of wrestling fans have no idea what one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He's such a sad individual.

he is a scumbag plain and simple, like someone else on another forum said, what does it say about hogan when his two best friends are BTLS and nasty boy knobbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

chordtype wrote: »

I was already thinking that, considering it started with a vicious hangover, this day was pretty darn good. Then I read this. Thank you, TNA, you've made my weekend.

Here's a youtube clip of his most recent encounter with Kong if anyone's interested: http://wrestlingblips.dailyradar.com/video/must-hear-bubba-love-sponge-confronts-kong-on-live/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://pwinsider.com/article/47243/bubba-the-love-sponge-responds-to-tna-termination-rails-against-tna-and-dixie-carter-being-portrayed-as-racist.html?p=1
    Bubba the Love Sponge discussed his recent termination from Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on his radio show on Monday morning.

The show's discussion started with an audio clip of local news coverage of the firing which detailed the incident in January as well as the phone confrontation between Bubba and Awesome Kong on the Cowhead Show (which airs on the same station in Tampa that carries Bubba’s show) that took place last week.

Bubba noted how the incident with Awesome Kong started over his comments about the relief programs for Haiti after an Earthquake caused significant damage in January. He discussed the way that the relief has been distributed to the people and how a lot has not been given to the people and he said that he "looks right" about Haiti.

In regard to his firing from TNA, Bubba said that it was because he was "racially insensitive" for calling Awesome Kong a "dumb black bi**h." Bubba asked how that was ‘racial’ when TNA has a character called "The Black Pope" [Note: While D'Angelo Dinero has used that term online, TNA has never referred to him under that nickname], has a character who is “openly gay throwing milk on himself as if it is sperm” (Orlando Jordan), has booked Chelsea ‘dry humping Black Pope’, has a wrestler called "Black Machismo", and has a wrestler named Awesome Kong. [although Kong is no longer with the company.]

Bubba said that Dixie sent him an e-mail regarding the firing and there was discussion of having zero tolerance for racial insensitivity. He said that Dixie has advertisers, investors, and a board to answer to.

Bubba commented, “nobody watches TNA” while wondering why he got fired for what he did on the radio. He noted it was not on TNA programming and suggested that Awesome Kong and her fans organized Bubba’s firing from TNA.

During the segment, Bubba called Dixie a “mark” and wondered if Dixie listened to the Cowhead Show segment because Dixie "makes most of her decisions from marks". He talked about how she uses the internet to make decisions and then wondered if Vince McMahon listened to the internet to make decisions. Bubba then said that “TNA is run like marks” and suggested that Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Terry Taylor, or Ed Ferrara should run the wrestling product.

Bubba said that they should “fire me because I suck or the product sucks”, but not because people Tweet Dixie Carter. He wondered how Kong could say "kiss my black a**" on the radio, but Bubba is considered the ‘racially insensitive’ one. He said that “Dixie hires and fires based on the internet.”

Bubba also wondered why Dixie still followed Kong’s Twitter account after she was no longer with the company while Dixie never followed his Twitter account. Bubba called Dixie a “mark b***h”.

Bubba said that he doesn’t care if he is part of TNA because it is “below him.” Bubba said that he was flipping off TNA with both hands while saying “thanks for the money.” Bubba again said that the “product sucks.”

One of the people on Bubba’s show wondered how they could complain about Bubba being ‘racially insensitive’ when they have a wrestler called Awesome Kong when ‘Kong’ is usually associated with King Kong. [They did not mention on the show that Kong was known as ‘Amazing Kong’ before she signed with TNA, so the name existed long before TNA hired her]. Bubba mentioned that he did not want to be considered a racist when he talked to her on the Cowhead Show by calling her by her real name.

Bubba discussed where he stands with Hulk Hogan and he said that he did not know. He said that Hogan told him to “take the high road”. The situation may effect their friendship because Hogan will probably have to distance himself from Bubba. One of the people on his show asked Bubba “what did Terry do for him?” Bubba said that he did not sue over the Kong beating incident in January because of his friendship with Hogan. Bubba did say that his attorney had discussed the situation with him and they are now looking into the possibility of seeking damages against TNA at this time.

Bubba asked if he deserved to be hit three times for his comments about Haiti in January. He said that the people in TNA “shuffled it off like nothing happened.” Bubba said that he would play the clip of the Hogan phone call the day after the incident when Hogan was laughing about it. Bubba read an e-mail that suggested that he should have challenged Kong immediately, but Bubba wondered how he would have looked if he did confront her physically at that point.

Bubba said that he has not mobilized his Bubba Army to deal with the firing, but said that a “modern day war” is going on. Bubba then read a number of e-mails that attacked him and were glad that he got fired from TNA. One of the cast members on Bubba’s show, Brent, called people who follow wrestling “morons.” They also wondered why so many people cared about Bubba being fired by TNA.

Bubba called Dixie a “mark a**” before commenting on a column written by Kevin Eck of The Baltimore Sun that discussed the Kong/Bubba telephone call on the Cowhead Show. Bubba wondered why Kong was now being portrayed as the victim in this entire situation. Bubba said that if he read the article and did not hear the radio interview, he would probably have fired himself as well. Bubba commented that Eck wrote “During the verbal exchange, BTLS called her a word that cannot appear on a family Web site seven times and also made remarks that had racial overtones” in his column. Bubba and his staff mentioned that they would have assumed that Bubba called Kong “the ‘n’ word” those seven times based on that working.

Bubba also commented on Eck’s bias against him and in favor of Dixie Carter because he started off his column saying “Before I get into this, let me first say that I would like nothing better than to never have to type the words “Bubba The Love Sponge” ever again. One, because I hate giving him or any shock jock publicity when they say outrageous and venomous things because that is exactly what they want; and two, because he is a crony who only has a job in pro wrestling because of who he has latched himself onto” and then wrote “I like TNA president Dixie Carter, and the consensus among everyone I know who knows her is that she is a classy person with a good heart” about Dixie.

Bubba said that he believed that Eck's column was the reason why he was fired from TNA. Bubba then played the confrontation on the Cowhead Show between him and Awesome Kong.

After playing the audio, Bubba said that he is “not going to miss the bull crap at TNA” but said that he met some great people in TNA. Bubba pointed out Sting, Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett, Jeremy Borash, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash among those he liked in TNA. It was actually a group of about thirty people. Bubba commented they “should get as much money as they can” from TNA.

Bubba took a number of calls from listeners and most of them were supportive of Bubba’s position. They said that they only watched TNA because of Bubba. One of the callers said to watch the ratings drop now that Bubba is gone.

Bubba said that Dixie’s decision to fire him was “knee-jerk” and that TNA will “feel the wrath of Bubba.” Bubba said that he is “not going to go out as the racist b***h they are portraying him as.” They ended the discussion by going back to Dixie’s mention of how she had to answer to advertisers and commented, “nobody is going to advertise because it is a horrible product.”

:pac:He is the most pathetic excuse for a human being that I have ever seen or heard of. The way he thinks he's in any way relevant to anybody but a loyal group of idiots is astounding.

I can't believe people actually enjoy listening to him. For a guy who doesn't care about TNA he has a lot to say about them. He's a waste of space.

One of the callers said to watch the ratings drop now that Bubba is gone
    TNA will “feel the wrath of Bubba.”
    Bubba commented, “nobody watches TNA”

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think I speak for all of us when I say he's a ****ing idiot

Radio shock jock and former TNA personality Bubba The Love Sponge apparently had a few more choice comments for TNA President Dixie Carter this morning on his radio show. This morning, during his regular broadcast on WHTQ 96.5 in Orlando, Bubba stated that while Dixie Carter is "f'n hot" she is an "f'n mark" and that she needs to "take herself out of the booking equation." Bubba said he "speaks for everyone" in TNA and that she "never booked a real match" and that she needs to "stop dabbling in the booking."

Bubba, F*** off

• Advertisement

Jim Cornette gives his thoughts on Bubba's departure. Needless to say he's quite pleased.

Carlito (Carlos Colon Jr.) was announced as let go by WWE.com for a Wellness policy violation, which explains his not being at television this past week.

From f4wonline.com

I'm guessing he doesn't give a ****. He hasn't looked like he's given a **** about anything since 2005. Does his Dad still run in Puerto Rico?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Carlito (Carlos Colon Jr.) was announced as let go by WWE.com for a Wellness policy violation, which explains his not being at television this past week.

From f4wonline.com

I'm guessing he doesn't give a ****. He hasn't looked like he's given a **** about anything since 2005. Does his Dad still run in Puerto Rico?

Wow. Just as he was finally being given a storyline, reteaming with Primo and possibly joining up with Ted Dibiase.

Waste of a pretty good talent, but his own fault

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wow. Just as he was finally being given a storyline, reteaming with Primo and possibly joining up with Ted Dibiase.

Waste of a pretty good talent, but his own fault

Carlito was awesome when focused. Good worker, lots of charisma and could work the mic as good as 85% of the roster. I think the wheels came off once son in law buried him in 2007. I don't think his heart been in it since then sadly. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

About f*cking time he got the chop. Waste of space IMO, one of the laziest most unmotivated and wastes of talent the WWE has employed in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

From f4wonline.com

Primo is probably on borrowed time now too and will probably go in the next talent cull, seeing as they done nothing with him as a singles wrestler in the last year.

Carlito never fulfilled his early promise, possibly due to a lacklustre attitude. He has an unique look, good mic skills and is decent in the ring, so its a pity that he was never more than a mid-carder. He really peaked on debut when he beat Cena and has gradually slid down the card since.

Thats one of Orton's mates gone. I wonder how long Masters has until he's released?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I wonder how long Masters has until he's released?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Carlito could have been so much more. He has the talent. Great on the mic and competent in the ring when he applies himself, but he hasn't looked like having a passion for the business in years. Seemed like a guy who was just happy to cash his cheques. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Hardly a surprise. It's a shame to see a unique guy go but, even if the wellness thing hadn't cropped up, he was going nowhere.

I'm reminded of a shoot interview that sunny* did talking about the time her and Chris Candido were with Carlito's dad's territory. She remarked that it was sad how Carlito, who wasn't all that bothered, seemed to be the apple of his father's eye and get pushed to the moon, while Primo (who she characterised as much more into the business) got the scraps. She didn't say Carlito was a bad guy or anything - just that he could take or leave pro wrestling even back then.

As long as I've been seriously watching (2007/8 or so), Carlito's come off as a guy who could do a lot in the ring but increasingly stopped caring. Whether it's down to having an interest away from wrestling or personal problems (ring ring! wellness issue) I hope it turns out ok for him.

*I know, hardly the most reliable witness, but on this she may well be on to something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement