Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Haven't had the Exotic Blend yet but the Tabac De Perique is (I'm not exaggerating, gonna need separate lines for this...)

Extremely.

née

ABUSIVELY

Strong.

It's extremely delicious, very, very rich (the kind of taste you'd call decadent, definitely) and the smell of it will cling to the room you're in. One workmate said it smelled like Turkish Delight, but I hate Turkish Delight. It tastes (genuinely) like nothing I've ever tasted before. Very unusual, like an alien dark savoury fruit/burnt-caramel (?)/eastern tobacco hybrid.
    It will also annihilate any coil put in it's path, it's extremely dark and...sediment-y.
    Much like what it's aping it tastes absolutely amazing mixed in small amounts (10-20%) with Virginian leaf-steeped liquids.
    And I've just discovered I have 2mls left so in goes 18ml of leaf tobacco, thanks for the reminder! Feck it, might try 28ml of the Virginian and see how it goes, gonna taste good either way.

This review was brought to you by the word 'Extremely'.

Seriously, who took my vocabulary? Give it back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

Hello,
    I posted here about a year and a half ago and at the time I was getting a tornado tank. long story short, I hated it. It kept leaking and I was getting mouthfuls of liquid, I have OCD so this was a major issue for me and I kept freaking out that the nicotine would kill me.:o
    Anyway here I am again, I have been vaping away for the past two weeks. I started with a smoke green which I picked up in work on a whim and then ordered a CE4 starter kit. I am officially converted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

grindle wrote: »
    Haven't had the Exotic Blend yet but the Tabac De Perique is (I'm not exaggerating, gonna need separate lines for this...)

Extremely.

née

ABUSIVELY

Strong.

It's extremely delicious, very, very rich (the kind of taste you'd call decadent, definitely) and the smell of it will cling to the room you're in. One workmate said it smelled like Turkish Delight, but I hate Turkish Delight. It tastes (genuinely) like nothing I've ever tasted before. Very unusual, like an alien dark savoury fruit/burnt-caramel (?)/eastern tobacco hybrid.
    It will also annihilate any coil put in it's path, it's extremely dark and...sediment-y.
    Much like what it's aping it tastes absolutely amazing mixed in small amounts (10-20%) with Virginian leaf-steeped liquids.
    And I've just discovered I have 2mls left so in goes 18ml of leaf tobacco, thanks for the reminder! Feck it, might try 28ml of the Virginian and see how it goes, gonna taste good either way.

This review was brought to you by the word 'Extremely'.

Seriously, who took my vocabulary? Give it back!!!

Thanks,NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A REVIEW :)

p.s now EAGERLY waiting on review for EXOTIC BLEND ;)

damon5 wrote: »
    Thanks,NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A REVIEW :)

p.s now EAGERLY waiting on review for EXOTIC BLEND ;)

But WHY wait when YOU could buy some and review it for US?!?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Grindle wtf... been reading those wine tasting manuals again ? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

grindle wrote: »
    But WHY wait when YOU could buy some and review it for US?!?!?!?!?

WHAT :eek: .........with my senseless palate still shagged from years of the weed I could be given dog ****e to vape after been told it was Exotic blend.... BUT i,ts slowly coming around ;)

was.deevey wrote: »
    Grindle wtf... been reading those wine tasting manuals again ? :p

"Yaw, yaw... This flavour is verbose yet nimble; assured yet nervous - like the backside of a whale's scrotum or the propellor of a ship long since lost to the fury of the Atlantic..."

I really should've gone to art college, would've been so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Ok I think step one is to move back to a more tobacco flavour and avoid the sweet ones as maybe they don't have the association cemented yet! Thanks for the advice yet again! :)

"Yaw, yaw... This flavour is verbose yet nimble; assured yet nervous - like the backside of a whale's scrotum or the propellor of a ship long since lost to the fury of the Atlantic..."

Is it weird that I read "whales scrotum caught in the propellor of a ship" ... and thought of wingnuts :p

*need more coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

Hi, I went to Ovale Ireland (Lwr Gardiner Street, it's the opposite corner to O'Shea's pub) in case anyone need to know (1st Floor)...anyway I purchased the emini as I am more a social smoker than daily...looks like a cig (except I went for the black colour instead of the white)...I was so excited to try this out. I told the guy I just wanted one that tastes like a cig and not the menthol ****e stuff...was €60 plus €4 for juice. It's called.... DK4 (spicy so I was told) ..... and is 18mg. Can't believe how much it's like smoking a cig but I need some advice..again:

Firstly, as I purchased the kit, it came with the European plug. Shouldn't an adaptor to suit our country be included (as in by law of the land kinda thing!!!). Just need to know my facts before I highlight this to them as I think it was pricey enough to begin with.

Secondly, I am looking for a juice the equivalent to a Marlboro Light...and what mg should I get as I am on 18mg at the moment. Just to let you know they told me you can purchase the juices at €3.99 through ecirettesolutions.com...in case you didn't already know.

Finally, have I to stick with this company for juice or can I use other companies...just in case they disappear!!!! Hope this all makes sense.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

...sorry forgot to ask it's a 10ml bottle of juice...how long does this last...like a pack of 20 cigs or are you laughing at that...a pack of 10...etc etc....cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

people here vape anything from <1ml to >6ml a day, so it's really up to you how much. you'll get into a groove after a while. always have spare juice though. always!

you can buy juice in lots of places, there's a vendor list in the sticky at the top of the forum.

as for a marlboro light flavour.... hmm.... anything labelled as USA or USA gold or red or whatever is aimed at marlboro lights but to be honest no tobacco juice really tastes like any particular brand of cigarettes... i think anyway. apart from a few from a range called el toro, the cigarillos naturales i found good when i was still hankering after the cig taste. you'll find 'em at e-smokeireland.eu

the wingnuts range from there is good, as is loads of other liquids really. that's the thing, taste is completely subjective. loads of 'must have' flavours will be suggested here and not everyone will be into every one. kwim?! there's another tobacco at ezsmoke.ie in the t-juice range called uk smokes gets good reviews here. don't rule out ever being seduced by fruity/menthol/sweet/coffee flavours though :D

and the charger, yeah i'd definitely give them a quick call about the charger, that may just have been an oversight.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

If you're looking for tobacco flavour, there's only one real supplier for me:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1826.htm

Any of those, but I use the El Toro Cigarillos. Quite mild compared to the others but definitely tobacco flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I have to say i've been smoke free for over 3 weeks since starting on the VIP E cigarettes, i can't believe how nice the virginia rolling cartomizers taste like the tobacco. Very happy on the 24mg strength so far, may try the other manufacturers kits as i get used to vaping, i just need to find the same strength in nicotine.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

beercr8te wrote: »
    I have to say i've been smoke free for over 3 weeks since starting on the VIP E cigarettes, i can't believe how nice the virginia rolling cartomizers taste like the tobacco. Very happy on the 24mg strength so far, may try the other manufacturers kits as i get used to vaping, i just need to find the same strength in nicotine.

Welcome on board beer crate. Any questions or advice needed fire away we're a friendly, albeit slightly fanatic and half crazy bunch.

Glad you did it. Now help your friends make the switch too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Welcome on board beer crate. Any questions or advice needed fire away we're a friendly, albeit slightly fanatic and half crazy bunch.

Glad you did it. Now help your friends make the switch too :-)

Thanks sticky, i have already tried to get other family members to make the switch. I do have one qeation, does anybody know any juice thats like virginia tobacco at 24mg strength, i am interested in chnging from VIP if its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭halkar

beercr8te wrote: »
    Thanks sticky, i have already tried to get other family members to make the switch. I do have one qeation, does anybody know any juice thats like virginia tobacco at 24mg strength, i am interested in chnging from VIP if its cheaper.

I was on VIPs virginia tobacco at 24mg strength for about a month. After that I bought their photon tank kits from their UK site with virginia tobacco at 24mg juice but I didn't like it much. I have used their RY4 for few months. But they are a bit pricey, delivery charge and times are not good either. After checking the bottles carefully I found out that they are actually made by Hangsen. You can get 100ml of those in bargainvapour for very good price. They have samples too you can try before getting large bottles.

Using juice is very cheap comparing to cig types. Once you get a starter kit for batteries, tanks and charger etc. all you will need is to get the juice and wicks. It costs me about 15€ month for the pleasure. I was a 20+ a day MB Red smoker.

You will need some patience until you figure out how to use the setup for tobacco juice. You will also need to be ahead of yourself with your supplies and always keep spare parts. It will cost a bit at first but once you setup you will notice your pockets are much happier. And your lungs too :D

Check out the beginners threads here for recommendations on starter kits.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Great thread.. Anyone recommend a starter kit please?

Really can't go wrong with something like this... http://www.vaperus.ie/basic-vaping-kits/192-kanger-evod-kit.html

Add juice to taste and you are good to go.

I'm sure others will have differing opinions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 melissa collins

can you tell me if e-cigs stain your teeth

can you tell me if e-cigs stain your teeth

The ingredients in some liquids contain Sugar and/or sweeteners and colorings, so around the same as if you were eating sweets.

I found that they do stain your teeth somewhat if you aren't a regular brusher but nothing near the extent of Cigarettes and any stains can be brushed away with Baking Soda easily (I do mine this way once a week).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 melissa collins

i was lead to believe that they don't stain your teeth what so ever. the reason i'm asking is that i was using the nicotine lozengers and they don't obliviously stain your teeth as they are a white substance. can any else post a comment if they think they stain there teeth

They haven't stained mine, mine have cleaned up since giving up cigs. I'm a regular brusher though, 3 times a day.
    Maybe the backs of my teeth are stained from exhaling and I don't know it? I do inhale with the tip going past my teeth so I guess it wouldn't stain the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

As above. I used to get a bit of staining between my teeth no matter how often I brushed but they are clean as a whistle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Strangely I've noticed that my gums are a bit worse now.
    Maybe I haven't been as good at brushing but maybe the hostile environment caused by cigarette smoke inhibited bacteria more than now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think they can get a bit more bleedy after quitting smoking, as the blood is flowing better. should go away in time

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Pique wrote: »
    Strangely I've noticed that my gums are a bit worse now.
    Maybe I haven't been as good at brushing but maybe the hostile environment caused by cigarette smoke inhibited bacteria more than now?

As digby said, smoking means your gums get less blood, it's why you see older smokers with little or no gums left. Now that you've stopped smoking, the blood is returning and your gums are weak, it'll improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yvie74

Hi guys. I purchased the VIP e Cig two weeks ago and haven't touched a real cig since. I find it AMAZING! I used to smoke up to 20 Marlboro Lights a day. Now I have the 16 strength cartomizers and I'm very happy with them!

Just one thing I wish to ask ye all.. I have since found out that my local pub, actually LOADS of pubs, will NOT allow patrons to use e cigs on their premises... Are they allowed to stop you from using them? It's NOT smoking!!!! I'm rather annoyed at this as now, users of e cigs will have to go to the smoking area and inhale others peoples 'real' smoke.... Defeats the purpose don't you think? I know that management have the right to have rules etc on their premises..... But surely they cannot stop you using an e cig?? What's the legal stance on this does anyone know?? :mad:

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yes they can stop you, it's their pub. I'v never had aproblem or remark or even been asked 'what that is'.
    Change pubs!
    Oh and name and shame, so we don't offend them should we be in this excuse for a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yvie74

I think it's a ridiculous decision. I would change pubs but it's a really great pub and it's my local.. they all know me there. Would be rather embarrassing if I were to get barred for using an e cig. It's in Clondalkin... The Laurels. Management have decided, e cigs are NOT permitted and that's that :mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yep, we are going to see more of this as the non smokers get a bit uncomfortable with what looks like smoke, that and our over cautious insurance culture oh and the gov hate campaign on ecigs due to health concerns or tax concerns or a desperate need to distract the voting public.

Advertisement