Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nonamigo wrote: »
    got my juices from enjuice.co.uk today. Kinda dissapointed. Very little to no flavors. Apple has no flavor, black cherry has very little flavor, coffee is somewhat ok, weird tho:), silver highland mist is disgusting, imho, the only one i liked is apple pie with custard, can't taste any custard tho:)
    Don't want to risk any more and would love to try some DIY. Where can I get some unflovered nicotine and some flavors? Any tips on how to mix all that stuff? Well, first i need to buy it somewhere:)

How long are you off the cigarettes? You might be like me and find it takes more than two months for your tastebuds to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

:) well, just a couple of days. I still have 1 or to a day for the last 4 days tho.
    But i can taste watermelon juice i got from thevapourstore just fine and coffe and apple pie. I wish it was my taste buds as i was really looking forward to try apple and black cherry juices. will see how it goes, maybe their taste will improve, fingers crossed.
    Still I's like to know where are you getting your DIY ingredients:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

:) well, just a couple of days. I still have 1 or to a day for the last 4 days tho.
    But i can taste watermelon juice i got from thevapourstore just fine and coffe and apple pie. I wish it was my taste buds as i was really looking forward to try apple and black cherry juices. will see how it goes, maybe their taste will improve, fingers crossed.
    Still I's like to know where are you getting your DIY ingredients:)

Mixing kit;)

Cheers:)
    Looks rather expensive. Especially with their shipping...
    On flavourartexpress.biz i'd get 100 ml 24 mg nicotine liquid (i need 12 mg)
    5 little bottles for mixing and 6 different 7 ml bottles of flavor for under 40 euro shipped to Ireland.
    Do you know anything about them? how's the quality of their stuff?

Cheers:)
    Looks rather expensive. Especially with their shipping...
    On flavourartexpress.biz i'd get 100 ml 24 mg nicotine liquid (i need 12 mg)
    5 little bottles for mixing and 6 different 7 ml bottles of flavor for under 40 euro shipped to Ireland.
    Do you know anything about them? how's the quality of their stuff?

No never tried them ,the totally e liquid is VERY strong flavouring and vapour and seems to be a thicker liquid and lasts much longer ,but obviously as you mix it ,it thins out.It's expensive ,I bought that kit before Christmas for 34 euro's I think on special.Give it a few weeks and there will be a sale on again

• Advertisement

thanks a bunch. I still have time. orders too much from different places ( as all newbees i guess:)) so i can wait until there is a sale:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I would deffinitely suspect your taste buds are not yet in full working order if you can't taste the enjuice stuff. I have tried the flavourarts stuff but I went pretty meh about diy fairly quickly and most of the flavours I got are just sitting here waiting for the day I am bothered again. They are highly regarded though. Liberty Flights do the flavour arts stuff too.

mewso wrote: »
    I would deffinitely suspect your taste buds are not yet in full working order if you can't taste the enjuice stuff. I have tried the flavourarts stuff but I went pretty meh about diy fairly quickly and most of the flavours I got are just sitting here waiting for the day I am bothered again. They are highly regarded though. Liberty Flights do the flavour arts stuff too.

I have to agree ,I have a box full of the stuff up stairs and couldn't be arsed mixing it.I prefer to buy it pre mixed these days.

have you tried their Apple juice? So it's probably my taste buds...pity:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have to agree ,I have a box full of the stuff up stairs and couldn't be arsed mixing it.I prefer to buy it pre mixed these days.

Yeah I want my liquid simple now. I used to also buy over 18mg to mix down to 18mg to save cash but now I'll almost always buy the 18mg strength because I just want a flavour I like at the strength I want that I can vape from the get go.

• Advertisement

Yeah I want my liquid simple now. I used to also buy over 18mg to mix down to 18mg to save cash but now I'll almost always buy the 18mg strength because I just want a flavour I like at the strength I want that I can vape from the get go.
    that's what i want too:) Bud i found out that 18 mg is just too strong for me. Need to delude it with glycerin maybe? But then there will be no taste at all i'm afraid...

have you tried their Apple juice? So it's probably my taste buds...pity:)

Not apple no. I tried their burley which was horrible but only because floral tobacco flavours are not to my taste. I did enjoy making chocalte mint mixing menthol with chocolate and it tasted good from what I remember but their are several in a box that I never tried. Roast chicken, beef etc.

As for enjuice the two stand outs for me were mapple waffles and caramel apple pie which were very good and strong flavours for me. Their tobbaco flavours seemed not great to me at first but they are actually working out very nice using my Integrity which has a bottom juice feeder. Bottom feeders result in a slightly different taste which strangely seems to suit enjuice tobacco flavours better for me. Thats using a Cisco LR510 or Cisco LR306 though not a standard 510.

that's what i want too:) Bud i found out that 18 mg is just too strong for me. Need to delude it with glycerin maybe? But then there will be no taste at all i'm afraid...

Well mixing may suit you better then but the problem is that you may have to try quite a few to find what you like best. Probably worth it though.

thanks a lot for your time:)
    One more question tho. Is there a place in dublin that sells those little 5ml bottles with droppers?

One more question tho. Is there a place in dublin that sells those little 5ml bottles with droppers?

Not that I'm aware of I'm afraid. I'm overloaded in the things anyway. Easy enough to simply re-use the ones I got from buying liquid.

Not that I'm aware of I'm afraid. I'm overloaded in the things anyway. Easy enough to simply re-use the ones I got from buying liquid.
    i was hoping to buy them somewhere locally as it's kinda difficult to have them empty for a newbee like me because i never had them before i started vaping:) I only have around 8 full bottles...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

II find that the less vapour I inhale, the more flavour I got.. weirdly enough

i was only getting a small bit of flavour from the cream I got from cloud9vaping generally, but then I just started taking very small drags.. and the flavour was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I have a small bottle, 18mg bought at No.8 store on Baggot St.

I wonder if this is actually ok to use flavorings bought from grocery shops like tesco and all when mixing your own juice? Are they the same as the ones you see on the e-liquid websites? I saw a lot of videos on youtube where people just buying flavorings from their local grocery shops. Would this kind of flavoring be ok to use? 859%5C0000050254859%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

weird..i can taste all the juices today...even the apple one...and even the silver highland mist is not that bad after all and produces a massive amount of vapor...:confused: So it was my taste buds...:) will defenetely order from them again, sorry, enjuice:)
    Also, what "makes" the throat hit? Is it the amount of nicotine or something else? I haven't noticed any difference in throat hit between liquid of 12 and 18 mg nicotine...
    Also is that flavoring i posted above save to add to your juice?

• Advertisement

Also, what "makes" the throat hit? Is it the amount of nicotine or something else? I haven't noticed any difference in throat hit between liquid of 12 and 18 mg nicotine...
    Also is that flavoring i posted above save to add to your juice?

If you don't notice a difference then lucky you. It is usually what makes the throat hit stronger for me anyway.

As to the flavoring I have no idea.

charger and 900mha battery came today

new battery is huge... back to vaping now after smoking a packet of cigarettes today

good thing too, I really really enjoyed that pack of fags yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

I wonder if this is actually ok to use flavorings bought from grocery shops like tesco and all when mixing your own juice? Are they the same as the ones you see on the e-liquid websites? I saw a lot of videos on youtube where people just buying flavorings from their local grocery shops. Would this kind of flavoring be ok to use? 859%5C0000050254859%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

It's generally advised to avoid food flavourings in your e-liquid as most will contains sugars or other substances which would clog up your atomiser. Some food flavourings may be safe but you would have to check the contents carefully.

If you are into menthol you can buy crystals to dissolve in PG to make your own menthol liquid.

cheers. I got some menthol e-juice and didn't really like it.
    Decided to stay away from those flavorings from local shops:) I think my taste buds are recovering and they doing really grate now:D. So i'll wait some time before i start mixing my own juices. Can't stop vaping mountain mist now but yesterday i thought it was disgusting:)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I use LorAnn flavouring to make my own stuff. It's sugar and sweetener free.

where are you getting them from? online? are there pleces in dublin you can get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I get em from the US on eBay ;)

i assumed the larger battery would just mean a longer time vaping bfeore I gotta recharge.. but the draw out of this is alot better than the two batteries that came with my riva510.

maybe the two batteries I got weren't the greatest to begin with.. but .. this new battery is fantastic.

my first order was joye 510 from http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie Their prices are cheaper than anywhere else i could find. BUT! Both batteries that came in with 510 are useless, none of them works after just 4 days. Plus 1 bottle of juice that i ordered off them they forgot to include in my order. Still waiting for it to be delivered. very dissapointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Just picked up the Jasper and Jasper revive pack today (the one with 2 e cigarettes), me and my boyfriend smoke around 20 John Player a day between us. First impressions are good, Yea they're milder than JP but they have a nice flavour, I think they do taste like tobacco but they have a sweet s'mores kind of flavour, my boyfriend doesn't get the s'mores taste though :D

Anyway as I was saying I bought the packet earlier and we called in to friends on the way home, charged it up there for around half an hour even though they say 1 hour for the first time, passed it around for everyone to taste and I think that first cartridge was leaking because we all had a taste and then me and my boyfriend had the equivalent of probably 1 cigarette each on the way home but there was no vapour left when we got home:eek:

Got home and put the shopping away and made some food and we had forgot to stick it on charge when we got in so we had a cigarette each after dinner but since then we've both been using the e-cigs.

Both are charged now and we've a new cartridge in each with still plenty of vapour in them so I'll give an update on them tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I'd like to order some liquid from thevapourstore.ie before 3pm tomorrow so that i'd get it on friday so if anyone has any suggestions for what to get then that would be great. No menthol or fruit flavours just tobacco please if anyone has already ordered and has one to recommend.
    How long would 30ml last does anyone know?

My boyfriend is off work at the mo but we'll obviously need to buy another kit for when he goes back so we can have the extra charger and spare cigarettes.
    I also saw on another Youtube video that there was this guy using a charger case (for a joy brand e-cigarette) but he said he charged his jasper and jasper cigarette in it and although it didn't fit perfectly it still charged it so if anyone has any input on these charger cases as well then that would be great!

Just read through this whole thread and was reading parts out to my boyfriend, the words 'vaped' and 'vaping' have never been part of my vocabulary but I must have said them around 100 times tonight :D

Advertisement