Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Opit wrote: »
    For any one who smoking 20+ a day this version works better http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=144
    Just testing new 510 mega cartomizer from thebestshop.eu and i'm very impressed. It take almost 50 drops of eliquid. Works good on both 510 and eGo batterys.

Opit are you someone from that shop? My spidey suspicions tingle when someone only links to one place consistently. In any case do you know how long shipping takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Opit wrote: »
    For any one who smoking 20+ a day this version works better http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=144
    Just testing new 510 mega cartomizer from thebestshop.eu and i'm very impressed. It take almost 50 drops of eliquid. Works good on both 510 and eGo batterys.

That's what I got from the other place, same price also

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Mewso - no I'm not but I fixed some issues with their website ( I got Tecc Tornado for that work :D). After all i'm regular customer same like you. I spended lots of money in thevapourstore.ie and still have my first 901 and 510 from that lady.
    Shipping takes the same in both shops (usually 1-2 days).

Puttputt - no, is not the same. eGo XL comes with much bigger battery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my riva 510 starter kit arrived today, i have tobacco, cream and vanilla flavours .. 30ml 24mg

so far, loving it. I was a little weirded out the first few times I used it, but about 2-3 hours in now and it is just fantastic. Normally by now i'd be tearing my room apart looking for a bit of tobacco but the only time im thinking about cigarettes now is when i'm amazed that I don't actually have any desire for one :)

the only thing im not sure of is how much to smoke it, it's going to be a completely different style than smoking a cigarette but I'll just figure that out as time goes by. maybe vape every half hour , or an hour.. *shrug*.

can't wait till I get through these flavours and can order some fruity stuff or coffee flavoured stuff. Favourite flavour so far is the cream, it's just soooooo nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

My E-Go 510 starter kit arrived yesterday and it's still in the box! What am I like:mad: I'm so determined that this will get me off the fags that I'm afraid to start it in case I still really want a fag! I'm pathetic I know:o
    When I get set up I'll be back to fill you all in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Just want to add another thanks to Mewso for giving all the info here. I'm just over 4 months off the cigs and as of Saturday i'm totally nicotine free. Still vaping away but on the zero nicotine juice and have no cravings at all. Thanks a million again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

tinyfox wrote: »
    Just want to add another thanks to Mewso for giving all the info here. I'm just over 4 months off the cigs and as of Saturday i'm totally nicotine free. Still vaping away but on the zero nicotine juice and have no cravings at all. Thanks a million again :D

Hi Tinyfox. Just wondering how many ciggies you smoked a day, for how long and was it difficult to make the transition to vaping? Thanks

Shazanne wrote: »
    Hi Tinyfox. Just wondering how many ciggies you smoked a day, for how long and was it difficult to make the transition to vaping? Thanks

I was heading for nearly 30 superkings a day for 16 years. The first week was the most difficult for me as I lived with all smokers at the time but it was definitely not as hard as other methods I had used previous, patch, gum etc. I had one slip after 3 days but after that had no issues what so ever.

I found you still need the want to stop smoking with this, but since then it's been a breeze. I started on the RY4 20ml x-high from the vapourstore.ie and from there moved to lightinthebox.com 50ml menthol high-medium-low and since saturday have been on the zero.

Each new bottle of lower strenght took about 2 days to get used to but they lasted about a month each so it was a fairly gradual process for
    me.

how much do people generally use these things? I'm finding i'm loading up a new batch and vaping away every 20-30 minutes, that seems a bit excessive to me. Do i just need a stronger batch of liquids?

I was watching some starcraft online, and I do tend to chain smoke when watching that.. so maybe I won't be as bad tomorrow.. but.. in general, how often do you vape.. every half hour, every hour, every fifteen minutes? or just when the mood strikes

how much do people generally use these things? I'm finding i'm loading up a new batch and vaping away every 20-30 minutes, that seems a bit excessive to me. Do i just need a stronger batch of liquids?

I was watching some starcraft online, and I do tend to chain smoke when watching that.. so maybe I won't be as bad tomorrow.. but.. in general, how often do you vape.. every half hour, every hour, every fifteen minutes? or just when the mood strikes

Honestly, I never have the thing out of my hand if I can help it which is another reason i'm glad i'm gone down to zero. Even if i'm not continuously vaping I still seem to have to have it constantly

• Advertisement

cool :) I'm definitely feeling the nicotine buzz, more so than cigarettes.. cos if I was smoking enough cigs to get this buzzed my throat/lungs would be in bits.

i'm not really sure if I want to use it to quit nicotine yet.. maybe eventually, that's the end goal. but for now I think i'm gona stick with the nicotine, I quite like it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I vape constantly. I gave up long ago trying to use it in the same way as smoking. Vaping replaced smoking as a better and more enjoyable way of getting that fix.

I think if you wanted to match it to smoking then dripping would be an easier way. 3 drops every time you fancy a vape then put it down again.

aye, I have the drip tip.. that's pretty much what im doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where I could pick one of these up, or is online ordering the way to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

yawha wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where I could pick one of these up, or is online ordering the way to go?

I think online is the way to go, http://www.thevapourstore.ie or http://www.thebestshop.eu are both Irish based and have eGo starter kits at a decent price.

I started 2 weeks ago with an eGo kit from the vapour store. So far I'm very happy, it's a great device.

I got some RY4 24mg liquid and some Hilton 18mg liquid with the first order. After a few days I found the 24mg to be a bit strong and I cut it with some glycerin I got from the chemists to about an 18mg strength. The first week I had a few analogs but am now a week smoke free and quite content, I have a partly used pack of cigs and am not tempted at all.

You can get really into this, I have already ordered some more kit and a multipack of liquid from Totally Wicked, and then realised I would like some flavours and ordered them from Liberty Flights. I have enough gear to keep me going for months at this stage. :)

Thanks to Mewso for starting this thread and all the other contributors who have made it a lot easier for a newb starting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I've been told Tesco are doing electronic cigarettes now?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I've been told Tesco are doing electronic cigarettes now?

I think that's in the UK....and the ones they're stocking/are going to stock are disposable. I recall reading about it some time ago so maybe my memory of it is a bit skewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Wow. Just got some Cisco atomisers from iVapour and my God they are fantastic. The Cisco 306 LR in particular. Pricey but very high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

I'm interested to know how effective e-cigs are at actually cutting down/stopping completely with them? Do they come with any instructions on how do reduce how much your smoking?

mankteln wrote: »
    I'm interested to know how effective e-cigs are at actually cutting down/stopping completely with them? Do they come with any instructions on how do reduce how much your smoking?

No they are not marketed as a stop smoking solution. Well not by reputable vendors. They don't want to make any claims that could get the product medicalised. On a personal level e-cigs are an alternative to smoking. In my case they completely replaced it. For others it might be different.

• Advertisement

im not entirely sure when to change/throw out my atomiser

the one im using atm still vapes fine with good flavour from the liquids, but im noticing it runs out alot quicker than it did when I first got it. I'll get a few tokes out of it, but then the flavour just runs out completely and I get that weird flavour I got when I first turned it on. This a sign that it should be thrown out? or should I just clean it

im not entirely sure when to change/throw out my atomiser

the one im using atm still vapes fine with good flavour from the liquids, but im noticing it runs out alot quicker than it did when I first got it. I'll get a few tokes out of it, but then the flavour just runs out completely and I get that weird flavour I got when I first turned it on. This a sign that it should be thrown out? or should I just clean it

It's hard to be certain. Because the drop in performance is gradual it's harder to notice so in general if I have any doubt I'll prime up a new one and if I notice a big difference it's bye bye to the old one. I have so many spares now it's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Hey guys,

So I'm leaning towards getting this:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit/prod_245.html

But I'm a little confused as to the difference between the 510 and the eGo.

My understanding is that a 510 is a certain type of battery and a certain type of atomizer, whereas the eGo is another type of battery and another type of atomizer, and eGo and 510 atomizers are interchangeable, is this correct?

And I have the choice of getting an eGo with a 510 atomizer instead of an eGo atomizer. The site has this to say on the matter:
    The starter kit is currently available in 2 versions - 1. with eGo Mega Atomisers (cone shaped) or 2. with standard Joye-510 atomisers and cones. Blank (empty, refillable) cartridges are available for both types, but pre-filled cartridges are only available for the standard Joye-510 atomiser kit.
    Any opinions? Is one better than the other? The starter kit doesn't seem to come with any liquids, so if I get the eGo atomizer does this mean I won't be able to use it until I order some?

Thanks

mewso wrote: »
    It's hard to be certain. Because the drop in performance is gradual it's harder to notice so in general if I have any doubt I'll prime up a new one and if I notice a big difference it's bye bye to the old one. I have so many spares now it's ridiculous.

i have 2 coming in the post with some more juice, i was reading online about pepsi max being useable to clean atomisers so I'll just try that and see if I can get some life out of my current set before the new ones come.

Hey guys,

So I'm leaning towards getting this:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit/prod_245.html

But I'm a little confused as to the difference between the 510 and the eGo.

My understanding is that a 510 is a certain type of battery and a certain type of atomizer, whereas the eGo is another type of battery and another type of atomizer, and eGo and 510 atomizers are interchangeable, is this correct?

And I have the choice of getting an eGo with a 510 atomizer instead of an eGo atomizer. The site has this to say on the matter:

Any opinions? Is one better than the other? The starter kit doesn't seem to come with any liquids, so if I get the eGo atomizer does this mean I won't be able to use it until I order some?

Thanks

The eGo is a different battery for 510 attomisers. Thats all. If you see someone refer to an eGo attomiser it's a 510 nothing more. The mega attomisers are a bigger version of the 510 to allow bigger cartridges that don't need to be refilled as often. I would say start with the standard size 510 attomisers and go from there. No matter what set you go for I would recommend you grab a bottle of liquid as the 5 pre-filled catridges you get won't last long. With a small bottle of liquid you can top up the cartridges for a while.

was drinking tonight, and for whatever reason towards the end of the night my e-cig just wasn't doing it for me. I asked a friend for a cigarette, lit it up.. took a drag, and nearly threw up.
    the taste of it was unbelievably disgusting. this e-cig is the best thing i've done in a long time, cannot believe I spent so long smoking those horrible things.

-edit

uh..just reading online

i got a riva510 starter kit from a website, and I ordered some low resistance atomisers from another website afterwards. according to what im reading now, they shouldn't be used with the standard batteries I'd have gotten in my starter kit.. is that right?
    my current atomisers seem to be dying or dead, one is already buggered and the other just isn't giving me the hit it did when I first got it.... have I ordered some completely useless replacements?

--edit

looking online for atomizers... will Joye-510/eGo atomizers work in my riva 510? best order them soon if the current low resistance ones I ordered already are going to be unusable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i seen a poster in the pharmacy in the pavilions that they are doing e-cigarettes now.

uh..just reading online

i got a riva510 starter kit from a website, and I ordered some low resistance atomisers from another website afterwards. according to what im reading now, they shouldn't be used with the standard batteries I'd have gotten in my starter kit.. is that right?
    my current atomisers seem to be dying or dead, one is already buggered and the other just isn't giving me the hit it did when I first got it.... have I ordered some completely useless replacements?

--edit

looking online for atomizers... will Joye-510/eGo atomizers work in my riva 510? best order them soon if the current low resistance ones I ordered already are going to be unusable

Not sure what you mean here. The Riva will be fine with low res attys. The small batteries that come with a standard 510 starter kit probably won't work. Are you worried the new attys will arrive before the Riva and you won't have a battery to power them? If so why not just order a 510 atty from the vapour store and you'll have it tomorrow.

no, i already have the riva510 for the past 2 weeks. when i was looking online last night, I was looking at the wrong battery :p you're right, it'll be fine with low resistance atomisers. thanks alot :) might just order a few from the vapour store anyway, waiting on the low res ones from scotland for the past 10 days and still no sign

• Advertisement

has anyone had any trouble with enjuice recently? My order was shipped on the 6th but still no sign of it whatsoever, i know scotland is snowed under atm but.. seriously, 11 days?

--edit

on a similar note, anyone got any reccomendations for websites to buy juices from?

Advertisement